This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
60 Pages<<585960Prev
#1476 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 6:38:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
I sense a troll. Being a very accomplished audio engineer makes me quite knowledgeable on the subject. I do agree that the samples are much better, but the engineering just falls short so their quality is essentially canceled out. If they only sound good on small speakers, they're poorly done. End of.

You're so accomplished, you suggested PG to reuse Audi R8 sound for Huracán. You can tell it's the same engine in videos but the Lambo is MUCH more visceral than the R8. Especially a Performante.

They also reused standard 488 for the Pista and you were satisfied with it, so... easy with this "accomplished" BS.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#1477 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 9:06:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post
I sense a troll. Being a very accomplished audio engineer makes me quite knowledgeable on the subject. I do agree that the samples are much better, but the engineering just falls short so their quality is essentially canceled out. If they only sound good on small speakers, they're poorly done. End of.

You're so accomplished, you suggested PG to reuse Audi R8 sound for Huracán. You can tell it's the same engine in videos but the Lambo is MUCH more visceral than the R8. Especially a Performante.

They also reused standard 488 for the Pista and you were satisfied with it, so... easy with this "accomplished" BS.

Engineered well. May not be the right sound samples, but they're much more pleasant to listen to. I wouldn't be totally satisfied if they re-used the sounds, but if I had to suck it up and accept that they were, it'd be those. The 488 and Pista are essentially the same thing too. Same engine, just higher specs in the Pista. With Novitec exhaust ( which is what you hear in game ), they sound almost exactly the same. Close enough to not be bothered by the sound re-use. Huracan, Huracan P, Gallardo, R8, and ZeroUno all use the same engine. I've pointed to that several times throughout this post. Same applies here. I'd much rather they copy-pasta'd the R8/ZeroUno sound across all instances of the 5.2L FSI V10 than use the lame one for the Lambos that they currently use.

And call my accomplishments what you will. I'll just sit here admiring my awards 'n that hanging in my studio.

Edited by user Friday, January 24, 2020 9:10:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1478 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2020 10:10:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NightDriver7800 Go to Quoted Post

Yes, that's true - the R8 and Huracan share the same engine type and configuration, but their exhausts are tuned to kick out distinct sounds. Just like the 488 and Pista or the Aventador and Centenario.

PG have become lazy, and I have stopped playing their game - because having way too much fun in Assetto Corsa - the car sound are accurate, even though some of them can be a bit compressed and low quality in general - but amazingly accurate and will give your speakers a good workout. Cars in Forza sound small and tiny to me, I don't know what gave them the idea that people would not complain about something like this.

We keep talking about these things, but how much has PG really done to improve the car audio effects in this game? Says a lot.
#1479 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 12:25:15 AM(UTC)
While I agree the majority of the sounds can be thrown into the garbage bin, they should really stop the engine swap insanity, eerything sounds just the same when tuned.
What on Earth does a V10/V12 Lambo need the awful V12 Racing engine swap for? Their stock blocks are (IRL) entirely capable of the same power output and should be on par with the swap, making the swap an option, rather than necessity for those who want to 'max out' their tune.

Now with max tunes we have BMW, Ferrari, Lambo, TVR, Mosler, Shelby KC and tons of other cars sharing the exact same awful engine sound.

Edited by user Saturday, January 25, 2020 12:28:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1480 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 2:05:49 AM(UTC)
Good news everyone, Fraser Strachan (senior sound designer for FH2,3,4) announced that theyre hiring new sound designers in his twitter
#1481 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 6:39:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BriskArtist7600 Go to Quoted Post
While I agree the majority of the sounds can be thrown into the garbage bin, they should really stop the engine swap insanity, eerything sounds just the same when tuned.
What on Earth does a V10/V12 Lambo need the awful V12 Racing engine swap for? Their stock blocks are (IRL) entirely capable of the same power output and should be on par with the swap, making the swap an option, rather than necessity for those who want to 'max out' their tune.

Now with max tunes we have BMW, Ferrari, Lambo, TVR, Mosler, Shelby KC and tons of other cars sharing the exact same awful engine sound.

Yah the swap everything mentality has to go.
#1482 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2020 11:24:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: WillMcNoob Go to Quoted Post
Good news everyone, Fraser Strachan (senior sound designer for FH2,3,4) announced that theyre hiring new sound designers in his twitter

spectacular news indeed
60 Pages<<585960Prev

Notification

Icon
Error