This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
37 Pages<<353637Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#901 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 4:05:06 AM(UTC)

I did some comparison between PC (Ryzen 2600 / Vega) and Xbox one S with SSD in the AH today....

TLDR: PC kills the xbox in AH sniping (no macros needed!)

Conditions.
PC and Xbox side by side, same user, same wired internet.
All testing done with wireless xbox one controllers, one paired to the PC one paired to Xbox.

Set the search to #2 GT40 with max bid & max buyout set so only 2 cars listed rather than pulling a bigger database.
More representitive of rare cars.

Xbox
Max repeat searches in 1 minute, (A, A .... B) not waiting for white box to populate before hitting back: 19
Max repeat searches in 1 minute, (A, A .... B) waiting for the white box to populate before hitting back: 16
Max repeat searches in one minute to the bid / buyout menu (A, A, Y .... B , B): 8

PC:
Max repeat searches in 1 minute, (A, A .... B) not waiting for white box to populate before hitting back: 30
Max repeat searches in 1 minute, (A, A .... B) waiting for the white box to populate before hitting back: 27
Max repeat searches in one minute to the bid / buyout menu (A, A, Y .... B , B): 20

For the PC I actually had to video the buyout runs and then count them as I couldn't keep track of the button sequence and count to 20 at the same time as it's so much faster.

When comparing side by side visually, pressing same buttons, there is noticable lag on xbox for every button push.
Getting to the buyout screen on the xbox really kills search speed.

In summary, a PC user can search roughly every 2 seconds while an xbox user even in voice chat trading a car would need 4-5 seconds for the seller to react and comminicate and then for the buyer to react and complete the search and start the buyout. There is a very good chance a PC user repeat searching that car will see the car first and win the buyout.

The one X may be better due to increased performance but I don't have one to test.

Definitely a massive inequality between the platforms!

#902 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 4:14:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: alterx13 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Still can't sell the Bugatti Divo, Capri FE or Hoonigan RS200 for anything other than peanuts.

Same story for Mclaren 600LT and PO cars

Well I did sell the Divo and RS200 cheaply after all, figured it was better that someone who wants them should have them. I've kept the 2nd Capri for now though in case it is useful at more than one class.

Now I'm hoping the Camaro PO price goes up above the 33k or whatever it was last time I looked.

Edited by user Sunday, December 1, 2019 4:15:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#903 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 5:59:12 AM(UTC)
The Camaro PO is probably the rarest car in the game now... saw 6 in Auction, couldn't get one fast enough.
#904 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 7:04:19 AM(UTC)
Still can't sell the Bugatti Divo, Capri FE or Hoonigan RS200 for anything other than peanuts.

Well I did sell the Divo and RS200 cheaply after all, figured it was better that someone who wants them should have them. I've kept the 2nd Capri for now though in case it is useful at more than one class.

Now I'm hoping the Camaro PO price goes up above the 33k or whatever it was last time I looked.

I think that most of the Divos will be bought by people using macros. I saw it like fifteen times on Auction House. But no chance of getting it. I cant be that fast. Well no matter. Its just a car to have rather than use. I think, that we will see it in forzathon shop pretty soon.
#905 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 7:18:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jab CZ Go to Quoted Post

I think that most of the Divos will be bought by people using macros. I saw it like fifteen times on Auction House. But no chance of getting it. I cant be that fast.

I think it's just as likely to simply be that lots of people are searching at the same time and thus it's something of a lottery. You have as much chance of getting it as anyone else, even if some of the other 'competitor' bidders are automated ones. If you want something and keep trying, you will get it.

Quote:

Well no matter. Its just a car to have rather than use.

Exactly, it wasn't my cup of tea to drive so I didn't need to keep it. I only have about 30 cars and even some of them I can't get rid of, like the Lego ones.
 1 user liked this post.
#906 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 7:34:25 AM(UTC)
You have as much chance of getting it as anyone else, even if some of the other 'competitor' bidders are automated ones.

Does this really make sense to you in one sentence?
#907 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 7:37:48 AM(UTC)
You have as much chance of getting it as anyone else, even if some of the other 'competitor' bidders are automated ones.

Yes I think it makes sense?
#908 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 8:22:27 AM(UTC)
[quote=FullNietzsche;1138867]

I think that most of the Divos will be bought by people using macros. I saw it like fifteen times on Auction House. But no chance of getting it. I cant be that fast. Well no matter. Its just a car to have rather than use. I think, that we will see it in forzathon shop pretty soon.

If you see my post at the end of the previous page, PC is much easier to win a buyout than xbox.
I win a high percentage of buyouts on the PC with just the controller as the process is so much faster and now with the repeat search, you can get around 30 searches a minute.

The only boring bit is waiting for a car to come up... sometimes can spend an hour but no car.
Divo however, lots through the AH so plenty to go at.

Everyone likes to blame macros / automation but the bigger issue is the xbox lag and thats a developer issue.

1 user liked this post.
#909 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 8:51:45 AM(UTC)
Yes I saw the post. My point is simply that you can still win bids on console and there are people here who have bagged all the rarest cars that way. They may be at a slight disadvantage but it isn't an insurmountable one. I would hate console owners to think they shouldn't even try because it's impossible, when it isn't.
 1 user liked this post.
#910 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 9:43:30 AM(UTC)
I think home internet quality has a greater effect on a player's chances to win an auction than the specific system/platform that they're playing the game on. I've played FH4 on an ultrabook with an Nvidia 940M which is technically below minimum spec, an OG Xbox One, an Xbox One X, and my gaming PC with an Nvidia 1070. Yes there is a noticeable difference in the smoothness of the game between the systems, but the time it takes to display auctions correlates much more strongly to the speed of the internet on a given day (and the load on the Horizon servers) than to the small differences in UI draw time for the weaker systems.

Also on a related topic, I'm really enjoying the new variable price system for the AH. Yes, it does devalue some of the high autoshow value cars, but it more than makes up for it by breaking the legendary painter/tuner stranglehold on the AH and letting regular players get much better prices for rare cars, and has greatly increased the supply of rare cars overall in the AH.

The new AH UI that remembers previous searches is also a very welcome quality of life improvement.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
#911 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 10:08:49 AM(UTC)

I'll start with my disclaimer, I haven't read through all 36 pages of replies to this post, so don't hate me for being totally blunt. I have sat through dozens of auctions where nobody else was even interested in a certain car/truck. There were no bids and there was plenty of time left on the clock. Each time, for whatever reason, I'd be locked out of the purchase and with no credible excuse (such as not enough money, or it's a PO car and I didn't subscribe to PO, etc.). The game just for no reason at all simply does not want me to win certain auctions... even when I press "buyout" 20 times in a row, and 3 full minutes later, the screen says it was bought out. It makes no sense.

Additionally, why is it that most of the cars I put up for sale never hit the default search list? I've had other players search my gamertag and my sales would not come up, even when it got to less than 10 mins left in the auction.

I'm just saying...
#912 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 10:30:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: zRacerXnSpeed0z Go to Quoted Post

I'll start with my disclaimer, I haven't read through all 36 pages of replies to this post, so don't hate me for being totally blunt. I have sat through dozens of auctions where nobody else was even interested in a certain car/truck. There were no bids and there was plenty of time left on the clock. Each time, for whatever reason, I'd be locked out of the purchase and with no credible excuse (such as not enough money, or it's a PO car and I didn't subscribe to PO, etc.). The game just for no reason at all simply does not want me to win certain auctions... even when I press "buyout" 20 times in a row, and 3 full minutes later, the screen says it was bought out. It makes no sense.

Additionally, why is it that most of the cars I put up for sale never hit the default search list? I've had other players search my gamertag and my sales would not come up, even when it got to less than 10 mins left in the auction.

I'm just saying...

You don't think it makes sense because you don't understand how it works. It's been explained before several times.
#913 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 11:00:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: zRacerXnSpeed0z Go to Quoted Post

I'm just saying...

I think that all cars are supposed to show up.
#914 Posted : Sunday, December 1, 2019 11:33:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: decto Go to Quoted Post
If you see my post at the end of the previous page, PC is much easier to win a buyout than xbox.
I win a high percentage of buyouts on the PC with just the controller as the process is so much faster and now with the repeat search, you can get around 30 searches a minute.

Well I tried the Divo like fourty times (I mean it actually appeared fourty times in the auction). I have a pc with geforce 1070 (and SSD) and I play with the xbox controller. So yeah, I blame macros.

I live in Europe though. I dont know, where the servers are, but that might add up to the issue (loading the auction takes few seconds). My connection is fine enough. 30 searches in a minute fits though. Thats around what I get.

Edited by user Sunday, December 1, 2019 12:28:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#915 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 10:48:11 AM(UTC)
Hello All.

I have a question regarding auction house. I have Porsche 911 GT3 RS 2019 and i can sell it for more than 1,7mil. I can only see 5 of them on the market and all of them are for 20million. How to sell cars for more credits? Is there anyway to do it?

I bought it cheap also
#916 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 10:57:35 AM(UTC)
I have 2019 PORSCHE 911 GT3 RS and i can sell it only form 1,7mil while 5 other cars are listed for 20mil. How it's possible?
#917 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 3:25:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dkrecik1 Go to Quoted Post
I have 2019 PORSCHE 911 GT3 RS and i can sell it only form 1,7mil while 5 other cars are listed for 20mil. How it's possible?

Its called legendary painter or legendary tuner...
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#918 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 5:55:09 PM(UTC)
Can anyone tell me why the Jaguar C type is still a 20,000,000 car? It's 10 mil new and I find it hard to believe it's constantly selling for 20 mil to keep it that high..
#919 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 5:43:25 AM(UTC)
Hoonigan RS 200 price is still maxed at 250K. Sunday there were thousands of instant sales for this price (the car was free). Yesteday there were lots of lengendary painters selling it for 20M. I saw one of them selling litteraly 15 RS200 for 4M-20M. And a lot of them if not all were sold for 4M or more.
So, why the max buyout is still stucked at 250K for non-lengedary today ? There is obviously a high demand for this car. Is the price supposed to only decrease and never increase ?
There are other ultra rare cars stucked with minimal buyout (812 superfast, CRX Mugen ...). I see the point in having caps to prevent black market, but we need a reboot of prices, the same we had when the new pricing system was introduced.
 1 user liked this post.
#920 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 5:56:55 AM(UTC)
Yeah, something has gone wrong with the pricing system for some (but not all) cars around a couple of months ago. There is no way the Hoonigan RS200 should still be stuck at circa 250,000. They are sold reasonably regularly and are always instant buy outs. The price should have been rising but isn’t. There are other cars which I think are similarly stuck but I haven’t been keeping track of them.
#921 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2019 3:36:43 PM(UTC)
I saw a guy selling the ferrari 599xx evo for 20 million credits, but when I got to sell my (completly tuned out), it only sells for 16 million credits.

So how do I sell it for 20 million credits?
#922 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2019 6:35:40 PM(UTC)
Same thing wondering why the RS200 is still at minimum buyout even though thousands sold and even more sold for 20,000,000.... Maybe because it's a free car the price can't go up? Whatever it is it's bogus lol

Yet here the Supra is in the auto show for 250k.. Was selling for 300k the other day and now up to 500k.... Do people not realize they can buy it in the auto show lol

Something is bugged.

Edited by user Saturday, December 14, 2019 6:36:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#923 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 5:02:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: alpha1shadow994 Go to Quoted Post
I saw a guy selling the ferrari 599xx evo for 20 million credits, but when I got to sell my (completly tuned out), it only sells for 16 million credits.

So how do I sell it for 20 million credits?

You have to make vinyls, and 50000 people have to download them.
#924 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2019 12:54:30 PM(UTC)
I'm not sure what the developers were thinking when they designed the current auction system, but it is probably... No. Let me rephrase that... It is DECIDEDLY the single most aggravating feature of an otherwise STELLAR game.

Anyone who has watched Barrett-Jackson live (either in person or on the TV) realizes that there are certain rules to an auto auction. To wit;

1. - A seller decides to place a car up for auction. This includes the decision of setting a reserve price. (ex; I have Chassis #3 1964 Shelby Daytona Racing Coupe. I am wishing to sell it to the highest bidder but I will not allow it to sell for any less than 2.5 million dollars. The auction house lists the car for sale but does NOT disclose the reserve price of 2.5 million.)

2. - Auction begins with an opening bid generally determined by the auction house.

3. - Bidding continues for either a preset amount of time with the reserve not being met or until a bid beyond the reserve is reached that no bidder wishes to increase. Two scenarios are possible.

a. - The highest bid on my previously mentioned Daytona Racing Coupe only went to 1.75 million dollars (Very disappointing...) and since the reserve of 2.5 million dollars was NOT met, the auction closed, my car was returned to me and no one was out any money.
b. - The bids on my previously mentioned Daytona Racing Coupe shot up quickly to over 5.6 million dollars and when time ran out with no additional higher bids, the sale closed, the buyer paid the 5.6 million dollars and drove away, the auction house collected their fees and I went to the bank before my wife went shopping.

You will notice that at no time is someone allowed to run into the auction and yell, "ME! ME! ME!" throw 2.5 million dollars at the table and make off with my car. That simply ISN'T done.
I used the Daytona Coupe as an example because a bidder and I were engaged in a bidding war this afternoon and with less than one minute to go, after spending an hour bidding and counter-bidding, someone jumps in and buys it out from under us for the list (quasi reserve) price.
What a waste of time, what a joke and what a horrid black mark on, as I previously stated, a stellar game. I hope this can be revamped in the future, otherwise it isn't an auction, it's just a sleazy, push-people aside used car lot.

Edited by user Sunday, December 15, 2019 2:39:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

37 Pages<<353637Prev

Notification

Icon
Error