This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:27:13 PM(UTC)
I'm going this Thursday, to enjoy a tour of the studio, meet some of the developers, and tell them my thoughts on Forza.

I'd like to gather as much information as I can to take back to Playground, which will be presented in an honest, professional fashion. But as I generally only play multiplayer (ranked and quickplay) these days, I may not be familiar with issues affecting other components of the game.

If anyone has an issue they would like me to pass on, be it a feature request, or a long-standing bug that should be prioritized, I'd be more than happy to raise it, as long as it's constructive.

FWIW, I am a qualified IT project manager, experienced in design and development, product management, implementation and support. I started a thread over on r/forza, and I've already garnered some great feedback. My plan is to log every issue reported, then try to gain some consensus among the community as to the priority of each.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:59:31 PM(UTC)
Hi, and thanks for the opportunity I hope you enjoy your day in the land of Forza.

To start I'll place my list in order of what I personally believe to be the most important aspects, that of which reflect what causes issues and annoyance:

1. Cheating

The leaderboards are full of impossible achievement figures, from jumps of over 2,000 meters in a peel to trialblazers being completed in under 7 seconds. The rivals boards littered with impossible times with cars that everyone knows can't achieve such lap abilities.

We see the AH full of overpriced cars based on an unfair market produced by I'll gotten gains, be it from 'God Saves' to 'Car Cloaning'. Which leads me onto number 2.

2. AH Pricing and Macros

Forza has the most unfair auction pricing in any game, based on the ranking of tunes and paints v grafting. Meaning that if you have a thousand 'YouTube' fans, your most likely going to gain the ability to auction cars at 20 million. ( I know there are others who've worked hard to gain this as well as YouTubers, so no disrespect meant). A totally unrealistic price even based on how rare a car is.

Each user should by default have the option to select the price they wish to sell their car, not being based on system which has zero input into the graft taken to gain such a rare item.

Further to this a system be put in place for each search of the AH to be verified by a human prior to search commencing, thus preventing the use of 'Computer Code' to snipe rare cars.

3. AI

The AI is broken, they drive without rules and regulations gaining unfair advantage on cornering and checkpoint areas (completely skipping them). The aggressive behaviour welcomes ramming by their nature there by carrying this into teambased races. Lower the aggressive behaviour will lead to cleaner racing throughout the game.

4. Microphone Usage

The game suffers badly from the lack of communication, a simple 4 button based text message system isn't ideal when needing to communicate to a team member.

It's so much easier to say 'Hey mate calm the ramming' than clicking on 'Nice Driving'

A fix for this need done ASAP.

5. Modify DLC Championships

At present the DLC'S have a fixed Championship for each season, unlike mainland they don't change. There should be the same thought put into the DLC'S playability as that of the mainland, after all these were paid for by the community and now seem deserted in place of the Festival Playlist on mainland.

For those with DLC'S add additional Festival activities throughout these DLC'S.

6. Listening to the Community

The community talks together, there are hundreds of ideas, comments and suggestions which go unnoticed or simply ignored, more times than not when a suggestion is made or asked in a live stream the reply is 'no we can't do that', without a true explanation.

We've had some fantastic suggestions such as extending the mainland, open the Forth Road Bridge add in the Isle of Man etc, all to go unnoticed. Okay I understand licensing etc, but the like of opening up the bridge and using the land to include some off-road tracks, or even adding Knockhill which is in real-life just over it, would bring more of a 'Real Britain' feel to the game.

7. Enough Mustangs (personal opinion sorry all)

I'm all for new cars but there has to be a limit on how many variations of the same model is available, I'm sure the community would appreciate if some of the wishlist cars were included but instead we see a difference variation of the same car as such added.

8. More customisation

Forza is starting to fall behind in this aspect. We are limited to the same rims the same wing the same bumper that has been around for ages. A choice of manufacturers Wings, Breaks, even Tyres would be a great addition. The licencing must be already available when the usage of logos etc are available in paints, so why not include these customisations by asking these companies if they mind stamping their logo into the sidewall of a tyre. The possibility of doing this is available in game as their is already cars with manufacturers names on the tyre wall.

9. Servers

The servers feel old and tired, even this very site takes a decade to load. Time and time again people are booted from online racing due to servers not being able to keep up. It would be highly welcomed to see more investment being put into the online aspects.

Sorry for the long list but I'm hoping that it's what your looking for and that it is of some use for you.

Enjoy your visit and keep us all posted on how it went.

Mat.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 16, 2019 8:07:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Looking for a free tune calculator?
Visit: http://forzatuner.com
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 8:22:09 PM(UTC)
Prepare to receive data dump....
I have a vocabulary and I don’t apologize for it.
#Rivals #OpenClasss #LowerClasses #AMCPacerX
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 9:29:57 PM(UTC)
I loved this series. It is or should I say was the last series that didn't jump the shark for me. So many franchises have gone completely off the rails and I never thought this series would follow. They implemented so many annoying things while removing things that were what made the series what it was in the 1st place. Rivals being a great example which has finally been brought back. It's still a bare bones basic mode though with OP cars running the show. I'm looking at you Boneshaker and Track-Tor.

Anyway if there was 1 thing that would get me to play this game again more often it would be to bring back the skill system for online adventure. Tweak it, change it, add to it, take away from it, do whatever. Just bring it back as that's what made this series different and appealing to all kinds of drivers. As it is now it's just not fun and rather than fix it they keep throwing band-aids on a fatal wound. The ranking system is atrocious. There are tons of posts with people venting about how much time they spent to gain rank only to have it stripped away and more with 1 bad championship finish. What's the point in playing online if you are getting punished more than rewarded? It's bad enough that there are so many toxic players and now you get punished for spending your time battling it out with them. At the absolute very least if they aren't going to change online adventure back to the skill points system they need to have ghost racing in ranked. It has to happen or there is no reason to play it. I don't even care for ghost racing but at least I would know if I mess up it's on me not some toxic tryhard who uses every possible dirty tactic possible to win.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 9:52:11 PM(UTC)
Currently only one thing is a major issue for me: car balancing.

Any insight in PI calculation and determination of values like "drag coefficient", "engine power" and "handling value" would be highly welcomed.
On top I would like to know if they consider rebalancing some problematic cars.
With the introduction of class-based Rivals the shortcomings of the PI calculation (especially with AWD-swaps) became very obvious and it basically ruined D,C,B & A-class on many tracks.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:26:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Currently only one thing is a major issue for me: car balancing.

Any insight in PI calculation and determination of values like "drag coefficient", "engine power" and "handling value" would be highly welcomed.
On top I would like to know if they consider rebalancing some problematic cars.
With the introduction of class-based Rivals the shortcomings of the PI calculation (especially with AWD-swaps) became very obvious and it basically ruined D,C,B & A-class on many tracks.

Would you mind elaborating on the shortcomings part? How has swaps ruined D thru A on many tracks? I agree theyre being ruined, but thats thanks to a few ridiculously overpowered vehicles (Trac-tor, Peel, and Boneshaker); beyond that as far as I can tell there seems to be parity beneath the trash trucks on top of most of the lower leaderboards. I'm not disagreeing, just not quite sure i see what youre getting at (all i can see are tractors, everywhere. I look).
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 11:09:57 PM(UTC)
The story goes that:

Quote:
"In March, during a livestream event, Dan Greenawalt announced the team was just beginning to enter pre-production on the next Forza game and they would be taking an entirely new approach to development. He stated that instead the team would be involving the community much more via beta tests and discussion sessions. Hardcore fans would be much more connected to the creative process than ever before."

If you want to involve "hardcore fans", I for one believe the best way is to discuss the locations of maps (i.e.: Where is Forza Horizon 5's "mainland"?) and their expansions with them. Where are we going next? What do you have in mind? How do you select them? Is it set in stone?

Ask them:

- Is there any possibility of a third expansion for Forza Horizon 4?
- Will Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon continue to be separate games?
- What lessons did you learn from competitor games? Yes, you do have a competitition, give players reasons (plural) not to defect.
- What is the new content going to be for THIS game, as in Forza Horizon 4, and during THIS year, as in the months after August 2019?

In this game and in the next, I want:

- the option to mute all music from any and all parts of the game, all of it
- single player championships
- custom championships with custom routes
- to preview the course of custom routes before I drive in them
- to filter cars that are "New" in my garage
- to see which cars have Offroad tires in my car selection menus in all seasons, not just Winter
- a driving school to teach the young and the inexperienced how to drive, you could make it a story or something
- something to be done with leaderboard cars like Boneshaker and Track-tor which obviously combine high power and high grip even in lower classes, unlike other cars that can be optimized for one but not the other, for example using data from Rivals to rebalance the cars
- more items to be sold on the #Forzathon Shop each week
- character customization items divorced from Wheelspins and their randomness, as in giving people the ability to buy what they want with credits or at least #Forzathon Points, directly in the character customization menu
...and the obligatory "better engine sounds" request.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 16, 2019 11:17:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 11:11:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

And S1 ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVRHjkX621k
 3 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 11:15:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post

Would you mind elaborating on the shortcomings part? How has swaps ruined D thru A on many tracks? I agree theyre being ruined, but thats thanks to a few ridiculously overpowered vehicles (Trac-tor, Peel, and Boneshaker); beyond that as far as I can tell there seems to be parity beneath the trash trucks on top of most of the lower leaderboards. I'm not disagreeing, just not quite sure i see what youre getting at (all i can see are tractors, everywhere. I look).

Well, all those LB Peels, Track-Tor's and Bone Shakers are running AWD. Why?

All three profit greatly from AWD generally providing too much base grip. A car like the Peel P50/Trident irl wouldn't magically be able to manage the huge additions to power solely because it has AWD. But in the game it does.
Hard to tell why the Peels work like they do, even without adjustable suspension. That's why I would love to get some insight into value determination and PI calculation. In GTA 5/Online for example I directly know from the code why a car handles in a certain way. I can see top speed is defined by "top speed"*"engine power"*"drag coefficient".

The Bone Shaker and Track-Tor take advantage from another serious failure in PI calculation, tire width difference. All cars with a huge front tire width/rear tire width difference are strong AWD cars. Bone Shaker, Track-Tor, Nova FE, Bugatti EB110 SS. The Hellcat Challenger widebody would be too if it weren't trapped in an unfavourable PI situation (too powerful for A, too clumsy for S).
The reason for this issue is a combination of rear tire width adding to grip but generally lowering PI on AWD (the more the bigger the front/rear width difference) and the forgiveness of AWD in tuning.
You can go full oversteery with 1/65 ARBs, normally unstable oversteery springs/dampers and an overly powerful race diff which distributes as many power as you want to the wide rear tires.
My B-class Track-Tor reconverted to RWD gains ~70! PI from it. And even as A770 RWD it is slower than my B700 one. Unlogical.

Another factor seems to be the placing of the engine. Mid-engine cars tend to profit more from an AWD-swap than others. The newly added McLaren 12C can't be run with race tires, race weight reduction and rear-aero on S900. As AWD it can. My Bugatti EB110 SS gains 15 PI from swapping to RWD (900 to 915) without losing any weight. Same power/weight ratio but RWD leads to 15 PI more. Unlogical.

Rear-aero is another thing on AWD. There is basically not a single car which wouldn't profit from rear-aero as AWD. It generally lowers PI, adds to the cornering speed and thanks to above mentionend tuning does not have any disadvantages.

All of this works because the PI system has deep flaws. There are others (like the power graph of engines aren't taken into account).

In the end most of the lower class Rivals is ruined. Peels, Track-Tor, Bone Shaker for normal races, Jaguar D-Type for Goliath. S1 suffers from the Shelby Monaco KC as RWD which magically can manage ~850hp on 450kg with skinny sports(!) tires.

In short: I would like to understand the PI system and encourage PG to look into it and get rid off the flaws. If not for H4 see it as an investment into the future.

And it's a big letdown that there is not a single dev/employee with whom you could discuss this in detail. I've written numerous support/feedback tickets regarding car balancing (e.g. regarding the Bone Shaker, Track-Tor, Rimac). Not once did I receive an answer where I thought: "they know what they are talking about". Hell, when I reported a glitch I had to explain basic game mechanics to the employee.
On the other hand I've discussed things with employees from Blizzard (regarding WoW back in the days) or Rockstar (GTA Online car issues) in detail.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 16, 2019 11:28:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 11:50:29 PM(UTC)
Longstanding outright bugs:
- Rewind sometimes not working
- Checkpoint flags sometimes not being displayed when doing rivals, causing you to miss a checkpoint because it wasn't actually drawn on the screen
- Game crashing
- Scenery not being drawn, sections of the screen appearing blank
- Convoys not working, e.g. often you'll be in a convoy but not in the same session, and it doesn't work if someone who isn't the leader tells the game to join the leader's session
- (recently introduced rather than longstanding) Rivals leaderboards often appear empty when they aren't. You have to keep going out and back in to get it to successfully retrieve the leaderboard data.

Longstanding glaring weaknesses in functionality:
- Terrible rivals workflow, e.g. no way to see the leaderboard while in a rivals event
- No way to see if a car can be bought from the autoshow or not when looking at duplicates to delete
- Snow tyre icon should be extended to always show if a car has dirt/snow tyres or not
- No indicator of perks that are applied to cars, again this would be helpful when deleting duplicates

Higher level issues:
- As discussed above, the broken PI system, where some changes make a vehicle faster while reducing PI and vice versa
- I hate the entire "economy" element of the game, the fact that there are cars only available by doing specific activities during specific time periods, other currencies such as forzathon points etc, the legendary status that incentivises people to spam worthless content (I saw an essentially unchanged stock livery with over 17k downloads, for example). I expect there is zero prospect of this ever changing, so I don't anticipate ever buying another Forza game. Playing GTS has made me realise just how much I hate all this rubbish in Forza, and I now very much regret ever buying an Xbox. I mistakenly thought Forza was Xbox's equivalent of GT, but it's just not at all comparable.

Edited by user Friday, July 19, 2019 10:41:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:18:35 AM(UTC)
Already been. It was a good day and my thoughts on accessibility were taken on board with the dev i talked to taking notes and asking of other games that did it well. It was all very informative and you'll get out as much as you put in.
Try and focus on a couple of things you would like to see improved, and really drill down on them. For example i spoke about having accessibility issues with certain aspects of control and i was asked how i'd do it. So i told them how it should work and how it could be translated to software in a way that makes sense.
If you have an idea for them game, you should provide as much detail as you can about how it affects you and what you'd like done to make it better.
They are all very nice and you will get to speak to some amazingly talented people! Make the most of it by asking those talented people the pertinent questions.
Try not to go in with a million questions as you won't have time to address them all. If necessary take a list of issues and what you'd like addressed, and then talk about 2 or 3 of the most important ones with the devs, and then leave the list with them. Trust me, the time flies by and before you know it you're leaving wishing you had said this or that!
And above all ENJOY!
It was a good day and i attended the same day as ForzaLiveryGuy, so it was good to put a face to his name!
I spoke mostly to "Dave" the dev, and he was just the nicest guy. Explaining why things are done a certain way, how things are changing in regards to development and what they will look at in regards to accessibility. They are an "Inclusive" dev which these days is almost a swear word in some corners of the internet! So it's nice to know they consider people like me with additional needs!
Torben said it was humbling to know that Horizon was the bright spot in my days when i'm suffering and in pain. That was good to hear, because it means they really are listening and will do their best for us! They are trying to build a bridge between developers and community and for what it's worth, i think that's brillliant!

Edited by user Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:19:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:02:08 AM(UTC)
I think the Forzathon Live events would be much, much more enjoyable if there was even just recognition of the player or players who earned the most points. It would improve participation and add to the fun by turning what eventually becomes a mundane task into a bit of a challenge.
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:03:14 AM(UTC)
Lot to read man, to much to share in a few mn of discussion with those guys. As I am too dealing with software project I would try to give you a very very high level view.

Many complaints shared on this forum are related to existing features of the game while game team is focusing on delivering new things.

When you go to Agile Spirit, you manage things by priority and return on investment, which is mainly good in main cases but pushes to have MVP only and always unfinished stuff.

In FH4, there is not a single feature that does not comes with some major miss or inconsistency or bad user experience.
- Being proposed to report my own tunes in creative hub
- Impossibility to switch car/tune in rivals
- Garage filling with duplicates
- no way to join a 'no collision' championship without forcing the others aspect( class/type ... )

Every feature is possibly a good thing but none will satisfy an intensive player because they are all MVPs.
Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
 4 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:22:27 AM(UTC)
Hi, thanks for the opportunity. I was invited too but had to decline due to my holiday arrangements.

After completing the usual Events, PR stunts, Stories etc. the only aspects of Horizon games that I play are:

1 Building, tuning and racing cars in Rivals mode.

2 Creating Vinyls and car liveries.

You can imagine my disappointment with the game at launch LOL.

The areas of the game requiring most improvement for me are:

A The hopeless Rivals menu system that:
* Kicks you back to free roam after each event without even opportunity to view the leaderboard of the track you just raced.
* Doesn't allow you to change cars.
* Doesn't allow you to change a car build.
* Doesn't allow you to load a new setup.
* Doesn't indicate shared setups on the leaderboard.

PG could learn a lot from Turn 10 on how to present Rivals.

B The obvious lack of thought when balancing the performance of cars in each class. This has been mentioned by others. The Peel Trident is the worst example in D class.

C Accessibility of new cars. In my opinion, new cars should never be linked to Multiplayer activity. Many people like myself avoid Multiplayer like the plague, and even the reward of a car that I want will not entice me to participate.

D If PG insist on continuing with Wheel Spins, please make sure that all owned items are removed from the wheels. The amount of time wasted maintaining my garage to remove duplicate cars is huge. I recently had accumulated over 1500 spins which woud take me far too long to process.

I could continue this list for ever, but that is probably enough LOL.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:52:42 AM(UTC)

Isn't welcoming customer feedback, early and often, a core principle of modern software development?
 2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 5:42:41 AM(UTC)
Hello,

Could you please point the devs over to the Forza Horizon Project (flickr.com/photos/horizonvehicleaccuracyproject/).

Many the cars in Forza have errors in the car model/bugs that are carried over from game to game and are never fixed. In addition while its awesome that Horizon continues to expand car customization there are plenty of bodykits that are simply missing pieces or have components that exist in the 360 versions and were never ported over to current gen.

All these items have been submitted to Forza Support, and posted on the forums with many more to come, but who knows if any of this gets through, your help in bringing up this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some examples of my work:

1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:30:32 AM(UTC)

Bring it on, man. The more data the better. As has been pointed out, there are many long-standing, legacy issues that are not even acknowledged on the Known Issues page.

Literally everything is going into my spreadsheet (but unfortunately not today, as I am going up to Leamington tomorrow and I'm busy finalising my thoughts, views, and hopes for the game.

Probably next week, once the issue list (working title Forza Motorsport Community Solutions Log) is fully populated, I will assign a provisional priority to each item. I will then send a copy to anyone who wants one. I'd like to invite everyone to attend some kind of web conference thingy, where we can discuss the issues in detail, and hopefully find a consensus on the importance of each.

There are a lot of big issues, that are glaringly obvious to us all. Most of these have already been raised by players both here and r/forza and are slated for the list.

What I'm really interested in are what I like to call Broken Windows. Small, niggly, low priority stuff that's been around for ages. The stuff that makes you sigh or roll your eyes. For me, every time I turn the game on I have to go into settings and turn on Streamer Mode, as well as having to turn my radio off every time I fire up the game.

That's the sweet meat, the stuff I'm really after.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:30:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 7:56:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HLR Moss Go to Quoted Post
Hi, thanks for the opportunity. I was invited too but had to decline due to my holiday arrangements.

After completing the usual Events, PR stunts, Stories etc. the only aspects of Horizon games that I play are:

1 Building, tuning and racing cars in Rivals mode.

2 Creating Vinyls and car liveries.

You can imagine my disappointment with the game at launch LOL.

The areas of the game requiring most improvement for me are:

A The hopeless Rivals menu system that:
* Kicks you back to free roam after each event without even opportunity to view the leaderboard of the track you just raced.
* Doesn't allow you to change cars.
* Doesn't allow you to change a car build.
* Doesn't allow you to load a new setup.
* Doesn't indicate shared setups on the leaderboard.

PG could learn a lot from Turn 10 on how to present Rivals.

B The obvious lack of thought when balancing the performance of cars in each class. This has been mentioned by others. The Peel Trident is the worst example in D class.

C Accessibility of new cars. In my opinion, new cars should never be linked to Multiplayer activity. Many people like myself avoid Multiplayer like the plague, and even the reward of a car that I want will not entice me to participate.

D If PG insist on continuing with Wheel Spins, please make sure that all owned items are removed from the wheels. The amount of time wasted maintaining my garage to remove duplicate cars is huge. I recently had accumulated over 1500 spins which woud take me far too long to process.

I could continue this list for ever, but that is probably enough LOL.

Well said, Moss. If I may, I'd like to add a couple things.

1. When looking at your own tunes in the creative hub, there should be the same type of stats for each tune as there are for paints. The way it is now, I have to IN a specific car and go to a garage, then go to my tunes and hopefully be able to figure out which tune was downloaded or liked. Why is this a completely different system than paintjobs?

2. If i have the ultimate edition, car pass and all that jazz, why are there many cars I don't have access to? As Moss said, I'm not a multiplayer guy. I paid for the ultimate edition so I'd have all the content. There are many cars I'd like to have and at this point ALL should be at least purchasable from the auto show! I give you the '93 Mustang. Can't buy it, I've had it sniped from the auction house twice. This should not be an issue if a car pass/ultimate edition was bought.

3. GIFTING. Plain and simple. Gifting needs to come back. With this new auction sniping **** it impossible.to buy some cars. I had a friend try to sell me a '93 Mustang. He told me the second it was in the auction house, I immediately found it, hit buyout and lost the auction. Maybe 5 seconds elapsed!! That NEEDS addressed badly.

Gifting also makes holding tuning comps and giving prizes for such events much easier. Especially with that sniping business.

4. Does there really need to be a new game worked on already? Why not just make this game better instead of reinventing the wheel. It took almost a year to get rivals, and as Moss mentioned, they're still all wonky.
- once you're in rivals you should stay in rivals till you're done, not thrown back into freeroam
- time splits are helpful!
- downloading tunes from leaderboards

5. Anyone that knows me knows I won't NOT ask about this,

Other than slicks being put in the game and static timing lights, is a drag suspension or upgrade path EVER going to make it I to these games? Motorsport put in that experimental drag, asked for feedback and NEVER looked back at the thread. 13 pages of feedback and it's still exactly as it was when they released that ONE track, single player!

Anyway, that's all Ive got for now. Good luck and have fun with the tour!

Zepp
Maxwell's Speed Shop
xDeaDxZeppLiNx
mechanic, paint
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:11:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: audiodrifter Go to Quoted Post
I will then send a copy to anyone who wants one.

Could you post a link to it here, so we don't have to ask you individually over and over?

Originally Posted by: audiodrifter Go to Quoted Post
What I'm really interested in are what I like to call Broken Windows. Small, niggly, low priority stuff that's been around for ages. The stuff that makes you sigh or roll your eyes. For me, every time I turn the game on I have to go into settings and turn on Streamer Mode, as well as having to turn my radio off every time I fire up the game.

That's the sweet meat, the stuff I'm really after.

Well, then in my case it's the controls, shifting from my custom 1 to the default 16 setup when I run the game, but it's not always, I think it's on Thursdays.

But that is a minor quirk and I'd rather have you talk about tougher pieces of flesh. Think of a car, and compare a broken windshield with a warning light that's always on for exactly no reason, I'd prefer to spend money and time to have the former fixed...

Edited by user Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:17:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 10:19:14 AM(UTC)
Could You kindly ask them to STOP Locking Up Vehicles behind Multiplayer?

As Someone on the Autism Spectrum, I am mentally unable to cope with the Stress and Toxicity of Online Multiplayer, so when a Vehicle, IE, the Apollo IE or the Deberti Jeep, is locked up behind it, I am, basically, locked out of that vehicle until it returns as a Single Player Reward *if* it even does so (as the '65 GTO has been locked up behind MP *Yet Again* for its Return) , I also know seceral other People who have been locked out of Cars due to not being able to Cope with the Toxicity of Online Multiplayer due to various Learning Difficulties.

I would rather Playground STOPPED locking Me, and others like Me out of Cars, and made it so ALL Cars can be attained PURELY via Single Player Championships (or 50% Season/Series Completion) only in future, so, if You could bring the fact their Decision to lock Certain Cars up Behind MP is *literally* Locking People with learning Difficulties out of those Cars, I would be very Grateful.

I Personally suggest You Recommend that Online Multiplayer Rewards are limited to either very Large Cash Payouts, Cosmetics, or Super Wheelspins and not Exclusive Cars in Future.

Thank You.
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:19:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post

1. When looking at your own tunes in the creative hub, there should be the same type of stats for each tune as there are for paints. The way it is now, I have to IN a specific car and go to a garage, then go to my tunes and hopefully be able to figure out which tune was downloaded or liked. Why is this a completely different system than paintjobs?

This 1 right here is a solid point. It makes no sense to have to jump through a bunch of hoops to see your tune downloads.

Originally Posted by: xDeaDxZeppLiNx Go to Quoted Post
2. If i have the ultimate edition, car pass and all that jazz, why are there many cars I don't have access to? As Moss said, I'm not a multiplayer guy. I paid for the ultimate edition so I'd have all the content. There are many cars I'd like to have and at this point ALL should be at least purchasable from the auto show! I give you the '93 Mustang. Can't buy it, I've had it sniped from the auction house twice. This should not be an issue if a car pass/ultimate edition was bought.

Agreed here as well. Locking items behind multiplayer has always been bad practice.

After reading other's posts in here I'm noticing 2 things.

1. Some people don't play MP because it's toxic.

2. Others aren't mentioning MP at all.

So does this mean those that aren't mentioning it don't play it? Or does it mean that they think it's fine the way it is? I know there was a large majority of people who loathed the skill points system. I wonder if they think this new system is better. I refuse to even play it so now I'm a no MP racer as well when I played H2 & H3 MP almost every night.

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
#22 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:38:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post

Isn't welcoming customer feedback, early and often, a core principle of modern software development?

Huh??? I don't know what you're trying to insinuate here, but whatever it is, you can save it and keep it to yourself. I guess you've never heard of a document dump? OP put out a request for feedback to be hand-delivered to development team, to which I and others are more than happy to comply with and I signaled as such in a place-keeping post where I will be dumping data, MY data and feedback, as others have already done. What about that could you possibly have a problem with? Geez.
 2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:03:02 PM(UTC)
1. It would be more reasonable if the seasonal events would serve as an opportunity to get the newly added cars without having to buy them. That, instead of the locking items behind multiplayer. What's even more ridiculous is that some of the 'exclusive vehicles' are ordinary cars. Like, even with millions of credits, you can't just buy a 2009 Opel Corsa unless someone puts it on the Auction House.

2. Selling unwanted cars without the Auction House. It's still impossible. I want to de-clutter my garage and the only option is to delete them; EVEN the cars which are worth millions.

3. Selling duplicate cars won on Wheelspins, HOW could they remove this? It was in FH3!
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 5:52:09 PM(UTC)
Find out what the deal is with the sound. I want to know why this isn't mixed and engineered nearly as well as FH1 or FH2 were. ESPECIALLY in cockpit view. Very few cars actually feel like you're inside a car when in cockpit view. The EQ curve and stereo image should match what a person actually hears and feels (bass) while inside these vehicles.

Furthermore, I'd like to know why I have to turn my volume to say 80dB to get any kind of low end out of say the 2002 Nissan R34 GT-R. A vast majority of the cars are like this. It's like they're engineered like an EDM tune. Loads of upper mids and very little bass 'n sub-bass. That is the WORST possible engineering decision that could have been made. Are they trying to make everyone that like to play this with the volume cranked up for immersion deaf?

Edited by user Wednesday, July 17, 2019 9:53:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:44:53 AM(UTC)
Tell them to bring these listed features that FH4 needs before EOL (20 months from now which is Feb 2021 i think)

• Offline Drivatar Convoys

• Custom Championships either with Horizon or Custom Route

• Modern GT Racing cars from FH3

• A third expansion/addition to the current map with Bigger Airfield, some Drift Touges and a better highway

• Ability to add props, walls and jumps to Route Creator

• Ability to edit existing Custom Routes

• Bigger and Better Customization in every single car possible

• Stop locking cars through Multiplayer.

Also if possible:

MAKE THE UNICORN CARS IN FH3 AVAILABLE IN THE AUTOSHOW!!

Edited by user Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:47:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error