This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 4:09:05 PM(UTC)
If this has already been mentioned sorry for duplicate posting.

Lately I've seen more and more races where the AI will drive half the lap then skip all the other checkpoints continuing like nothings occurred. Many times more than not it will be the last placed AI that will jump ahead.

I've witnessed it so many times in all the Fortune Island Championship races (Dirt, Cross Country, Road) that it's now became second nature to me, but for those who are trying to win the championship for the 1st time, and the AI gaining 150 points from nowhere, puts them at a disadvantage from the offset.

I can't be the only one to have noticed this, and out of curiousity I'm wondering how often it occurs, as to me it seems completely random, and based on the teams performance ( 1st, 2nd place against AI, forcing AI to cheat..? ).

Further to this my second issue is the AI having a magnetic field around them, whereby you try to pass and without touching get throwing off the track or into a team mate who then thinks you tried to ram them.

PG please whatever you've done to the AI since the LEGO DLC being implemented / supposed wall riding fix, I beg for you to revert as the AI seems to completely ignoring the rules that 'Real Drivers' have to abide by and even causing team mates to blaim other team mates for the actions of what the AI is doing i.e the sudden control movement mentioned earlier.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 16, 2019 4:12:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Looking for a free tune calculator?
Visit: http://forzatuner.com
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 12/4/2046 1:38:08 PM(UTC)
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 4:59:30 PM(UTC)
The Drivatar AI is nearly unbelievable at times. In head-to-head races, I've seen (MULTIPLE TIMES mind you!) the AI suddenly turn off the road and go barreling through the grass and bee-lining to the finish, not actually following the street, and completely defeating the purpose of the whole competition. [Mod Edit - Profanity & user removed - D].

Edited by user Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:19:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 5:07:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mantha065 Go to Quoted Post
The Drivatar AI is nearly unbelievable at times. In head-to-head races, I've seen (MULTIPLE TIMES mind you!) the AI suddenly turn off the road and go barreling through the grass and bee-lining to the finish, not actually following the street, and completely defeating the purpose of the whole competition. [Mod Edit - Profanity & user removed - D].

That's the whole point of head to head in a open world game. Just like real people, they'll finally try to take a shorter route.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 17, 2019 4:22:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 5:08:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mantha065 Go to Quoted Post
The AI suddenly turn off the road and go barreling through the grass and bee-lining to the finish, not actually following the street, and completely defeating the purpose of the whole competition.

That's it in one!

Exactly what I'm experiencing.. don't know about you but I'm left yelling at the screen. I'm bamboozled by the AI, the behaviour and characterization doesn't match that of any other racing game I've ever played, the AI typically have some grace factor but in Forza it's either 'on you go' or 'hell no, slam, bash and skip'.
Looking for a free tune calculator?
Visit: http://forzatuner.com
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 10:06:40 PM(UTC)
I'd consistently see them miss checkpoints in FH2, and I've seen it in the following two games with less consistency. Although I've never seen them brazenly beeline for the finish as described here.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 2:28:01 PM(UTC)
I have noticed this behavior many times at head to head races at Forza Horizon 3, so it is nothing new...
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 4:00:57 PM(UTC)
Just because they arent using roads isnt an issue...never had to ..its quickest to the destination ..using roads isnt necessary

If they are actually skipping checkpoints it is an issue
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 6:22:03 AM(UTC)
AI still do not reset if they miss a checkpoint during Trials.
#9 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 11:54:39 AM(UTC)
It's best to accompany such reports with videos. As just descriptions are impossible to validate.

E.g. I've never seen that happen in hundreds of races I did vs AI.

Does that mean it never happens to anyone? Nope. But evidence helps a lot if you want it ever fixed, rather than just complain in the air.

PS: just yesterday while doing Sacré Blur I had AI at 1st and 2nd place go offroad suddenly. They very well missed the checkpoint and finished well at the bottom of the list.

Notification

Icon
Error