This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
5 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 9:07:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EZT MAKO 6669 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: EpicEvan777 Go to Quoted Post
Just an FYI, FM8 will NOT be the release title for the next Xbox. It was already announced that the new Halo will be.

More than one game can be a launch title for a console.

Not usually. And after the fiasco of FM5 I highly doubt T10 or MS are willing to risk that again! LOL

Won't be the same jump as the 360 to the Xbox One. That was completely different a completely different architecture, coding and engine jump. This is more of a console refresh rather than a generation leap.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 9:13:18 AM(UTC)
Just an FYI, FM8 will NOT be the release title for the next Xbox. It was already announced that the new Halo will be.

Has this actually been confirmed or are you just going off the fact that Halo was announced as a release title?

🇨🇦
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 9:45:23 AM(UTC)
At E3 Dan was asked specifically if the next Forza release date would be tied to Project Scarlett and he did not rule it out: https://forums.forzamoto...oject.aspx#post_1104172

But that's not FM7 discussion, which is the topic of this thread.
 2 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 10:23:43 AM(UTC)
Well it's great to hear they are going full on and it sounds like the next one will be completely fresh. I really hate there was zero tracks or an expansion. This could've had a great dlc. I guess there's still very faint, many hail Mary's hope that something will come in the final update as a last blast off. It sucks to know that there won't be a new Forza until almost the beginning of 2021 (Holiday 2020) sigh
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:45:02 PM(UTC)

Not usually. And after the fiasco of FM5 I highly doubt T10 or MS are willing to risk that again! LOL

It's completely normal to have 5 or more games.

What was bad with 5? I played it years after launch and the game looked great.
 1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 1:44:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CVG23 Go to Quoted Post
Well it's great to hear they are going full on and it sounds like the next one will be completely fresh. I really hate there was zero tracks or an expansion. This could've had a great dlc. I guess there's still very faint, many hail Mary's hope that something will come in the final update as a last blast off. It sucks to know that there won't be a new Forza until almost the beginning of 2021 (Holiday 2020) sigh

At this point, holding back any new track they probably would've had for FM7 to FM8 is the best idea imo
#32 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 6:07:06 PM(UTC)
That's true. And I guess that makes sense if they wanna blow the doors off with 8 or whatever it's called. It's pretty much 2 years in now.
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:08:53 PM(UTC)

At this point, holding back any new track they probably would've had for FM7 to FM8 is the best idea imo

A bit of an understatement. I left nearly a year and a half ago, if they want to give me credit for FM8 also, I'm not going to fuss ;)
 3 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 1:21:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CVG23 Go to Quoted Post
That's true. And I guess that makes sense if they wanna blow the doors off with 8 or whatever it's called. It's pretty much 2 years in now.

I think that's what they're trying to do. The post game support for Forza Motorsport 7 was excellent. The best of the franchise by far. It was the launch that killed it, not the post game development.

FM7 is now an incredibly strong foundation for Forza Motorsport 8. If they nail the launch, happy days.
#35 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 5:57:38 AM(UTC)
Agreed, post release support has been excellent. And remember, it shipped with the addition of Maple Valley, Suzuka, and Mugello. as well as dash cam for wheel users.

I think the August update will be huge. As usual, being terrible with names, I can't remember those iof the participants n the last stream, but the interview-ee said it will consist of some things players have been asking for. So, hold out some hope. I mean, the recent update was rather tiny, and those guys were obviously wishing they could talk more about the August update.
#36 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 6:29:33 AM(UTC)
I am counting on a handful of car audio updates for August because I'm still disappointed by the *small, thin and tiny* car sounds they have for majority of cars, compered to all their older FM games.

This along with missing shift animations and perhaps correct color calibration profile for both SDR and HDR - I think I might then consider picking up FM8. Releasing a game in the state that it did is just unacceptable, even though I purchased it several months after it launched.

A suprise track in August would be amazing - just one maybe.
#37 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:40:16 AM(UTC)
I'm not holding out for a lot of "big" stuff in August. Had a big discussion with a "race marshall" about the continued bug fixes for FM7 after August. I'm not buying it personally. There are plenty of bugs persisting from the initial release yet to be resolved. And for each update fixing bugs there have been bugs introduced into the game. So each update has been five steps forward and one or two steps backwards. There's paint shop bugs, AI bugs, collisions bugs, sound bugs, Tuning bugs, and performance/sim bugs yet to be resolved. These will never be addressed in the game. Maybe they will be addressed in future games. But the emphasis currently is on their FRR. I doubt FM8 will be much more than FM7 with a little bit of the FH4 window dressing graphical upgrade and the implementation of the FRR (which is getting a full beta test in the death roll of FM7). I saw the end of FM7 coming back about April. Now it looks as if it's finally here.
Here's looking forward to FM8 - FH5. 😎
 1 user liked this post.
#38 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 12:11:38 AM(UTC)
It's been a year and a half; I think the game has improved massively since then.

It still feels incomplete in some areas but we'll have to make do with that while we wait for the next title.

From everything they've been saying publicly though it sounds like they know what players would like to see in the future.

Edited by user Friday, July 5, 2019 12:12:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: .

#39 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 2:54:44 PM(UTC)
I'm not really expecting a big update for August. Probably some FRR tweaks, a bug fix here and there, maybe a couple sound fixes, but what else can they really do? It sounds like most of the team has moved on to the next project, so it's hard to imagine they'd spend time making anything crazy for this update.

🇨🇦
#40 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 7:47:20 PM(UTC)
Yeah, I was hoping for at least one expansion for FM7. So FM8 will be a new system. Better start saving my money. lol And they know I'm still going Ultimate on Day one again,
 2 users liked this post.
#41 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 4:07:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

It's completely normal to have 5 or more games.

What was bad with 5? I played it years after launch and the game looked great.

It was a downgrade from FM4 by in large. Graphics and physics were the only improvements.
 2 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 8:38:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Discussed during yesterday's Forza Monthly livestream:

. ... So we're really going to go all in for the next product at this point." and FM7 will have its final major content update in August.

Can we get the message to T10 to at least fix the track rotation distribution in the FM7 multiplayer lobbies before washing their hands of it? I run mainly S class and rarely do we get full road america, road atlanta, mugello, nurburg grand prix, hockenheim, laguna seca, long beach, and the ring circuits.....

We get a ton of short, partial track variants with LOTS of repeats that quite frankly gets boring fast.

As a side note, cutting the ring down to 1 lap was a good move compared to FM6, but the 24hr Le Mans circuits need to go back to 2 laps.....1 is too short.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 9, 2019 8:39:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#43 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 2:09:17 AM(UTC)
TBH I stopped playing Forza 7 a couple of months ago shortly after the update that made all FE cars purchasable.

I haven't played Forza since FM4 and if I am completely honestly FM7 was a let down in many many ways. It was enjoyable for the most part, and I did overlook a lot of the issues since the console was a hand me down and the game itself was free to me. I only paid for VIP/Car Packs so from a monetary stand point I got a really good deal.

I have no plans to buy a new console, period. So if FM8 is not compatible with current consoles, I won't be buying that either. Although given how I feel about FM7, I probably wouldn't be buying it anyway. I did have fun with FM7, and there's every chance I will put it on from time to time when bored, but all in all I feel I moved on many months ago and I was realyl just logging in weekly for the bounties and Forzathons.
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 2:53:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mohegan13 Go to Quoted Post
TBH I stopped playing Forza 7 a couple of months ago shortly after the update that made all FE cars purchasable.

I haven't played Forza since FM4 and if I am completely honestly FM7 was a let down in many many ways. It was enjoyable for the most part, and I did overlook a lot of the issues since the console was a hand me down and the game itself was free to me. I only paid for VIP/Car Packs so from a monetary stand point I got a really good deal.

I have no plans to buy a new console, period. So if FM8 is not compatible with current consoles, I won't be buying that either. Although given how I feel about FM7, I probably wouldn't be buying it anyway. I did have fun with FM7, and there's every chance I will put it on from time to time when bored, but all in all I feel I moved on many months ago and I was realyl just logging in weekly for the bounties and Forzathons.

Microsoft are building a console ecosystem. FM8 should be able to be played on every Xbox One hardware. The downgrade implications are obviously unknown.

I've played every Forza game and owned every installment aside from the original. FM4 is certainly not the best Forza game imo. Objectively, I would say that has to go to FM3 because the leap from FM2 in just 2 years was astronomical whereas the leap to FM4 was minor. More or less refining the groundwork FM3 had laid. FM2 however will always be my favorite. That game has a special place in my heart.
 1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:32:01 AM(UTC)
Although the news is to be expected, its quite amazing they never addressed issues that were reported since release day. The visual glitches on cars that many have posted about still exist. The laughable hole in cockpit view, where you see the road like the Flintstones, still exists in some cars. When you are upgrading your car, if you move the camera around the top, it gets stuck in the ceiling., etc.

I really hope for FM8, that the Quality of Life issues ends completely and the QC team gets an upgrade themselves.

Edited by user Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:32:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#46 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 3:56:00 PM(UTC)
Didn't even get to load into the MP race because the game took more than 90 seconds to load (literally)

Game is still unoptimized, my GPU is cold, my CPU is pinging

Still getting starts with black screen

The lag is unbearable at times

Still no penalties for obvious corner cutting ( a little is fine with me, the track lines in this game are already trash, but blatant track cutting should be punished)

Still not punishing people for contact, even if it's a driver rating system etc.

But we're going to discontinue support for this game. . . Yea, not buying FM8, don't plan on it.

Edit: Oh and sometimes I get a bug where the brakes stop working when I play online causing me to completely miss corners, when I just built the car in freeplay it becomes obviously noticable especially when I quit out of the race and test it again. I've had this happen multiple times when a car does not behave like it was tuned online.

Edited by user Sunday, July 14, 2019 3:42:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#47 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 3:57:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LigerZer007 Go to Quoted Post
Discussed during yesterday's Forza Monthly livestream:

. ... So we're really going to go all in for the next product at this point." and FM7 will have its final major content update in August.

Can we get the message to T10 to at least fix the track rotation distribution in the FM7 multiplayer lobbies before washing their hands of it? I run mainly S class and rarely do we get full road america, road atlanta, mugello, nurburg grand prix, hockenheim, laguna seca, long beach, and the ring circuits.....

We get a ton of short, partial track variants with LOTS of repeats that quite frankly gets boring fast.

As a side note, cutting the ring down to 1 lap was a good move compared to FM6, but the 24hr Le Mans circuits need to go back to 2 laps.....1 is too short.

This too. . .
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 4:00:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nayre33 Go to Quoted Post
I agree, feels like I paid $100 for a beta for forza 8, leaving drag as experimental, taking almost two years to implement race regulations, no expansion, lots of general bugs and car fixes left, and now with no Motorsport this year and unknown when in 2020 they’re just like “ok we’re done, some things didn’t pan out for FM7, we’re looking into it for FM8” for a $100 game that doesn’t seem riggt

I actually felt like that with 6. It was terrible. I didn't buy 7 until it was half price, and even then I still feel like I was charged to error report and help them sort out griefers. Like I paid them to keep me busy doing testing. 5 was a good game, but go through and complete all the events with gold. What do you get? Not even an achievement after like 500 hours of gameplay to complete it. At least the gameplay was solid though. It's like they've been phoning it in since.
#49 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 4:11:15 PM(UTC)
Yea well I can't even play this game anymore. The track/cars don't even load before the race start and I put my settings mostly on medium other than car liveries and track detail.

What a joke this game is, 2+ years later and it's still in an unplayable state and they want to stop support for it? What?
 3 users liked this post.
#50 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 4:06:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sendo Tenshi Go to Quoted Post
Although the news is to be expected, its quite amazing they never addressed issues that were reported since release day. The visual glitches on cars that many have posted about still exist. The laughable hole in cockpit view, where you see the road like the Flintstones, still exists in some cars. When you are upgrading your car, if you move the camera around the top, it gets stuck in the ceiling., etc.

I really hope for FM8, that the Quality of Life issues ends completely and the QC team gets an upgrade themselves.

My number 1 concern has always been (since end of september 2017) the unresponsive car selection and black screens caused in lobbies by the useless 3d background.
And let's not forget the 3-4 seconds you have to change car and setup!! But the funny thing is that in the beta FRR hopper you get a countdown of TWO MINUTES. And for what? You can't change car or setup.

5 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error