This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages<<567Prev
#151 Posted : Wednesday, September 18, 2019 5:49:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OKC Radar Bob Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Big red 293 Go to Quoted Post
Hello,

You do a lot of Porsche designs in Forza 7 so I don't know if you know about the Coca Cola designs Porsche are running at Petit Le Mans but if you do are you planning on making them in Forza 7?

Yes, I saw them on Motorsports.com yesterday. And yes, planning on starting/finishing on it this weekend after I finalize the HubAuto Ferrari :-)

RB

Great, can't wait to see it!
#152 Posted : Sunday, September 22, 2019 6:59:45 AM(UTC)
This livery was a bit of a problem child... with the semi-gloss aluminum accents & a gloss paint scheme, it only left me with the option of using a two-tone polished color for the car and white masking on the painted areas. Not quite a replica, but as close as one could get given the limitations. Next issue was that the chosen livery was a compromise since the graphics required for the California 8 Hours race would have been too many layers on the top/hood. We won't even go onto the delays I incurred due to life in general as well as stuff at the house braking & needing replaced (all fixed now). In the end it turned out OK and another fun livery for me even though it took a week longer then it should have - hope you guys enjoy her!

... time to start on the Coke Porsche livery ;-)

Car: 2014 Ferrari #51 AF Corse 458 Italia GTE
File Name: #27hubauto2019
Description: #27 HubAuto Corsa @ 12hrs of Bathurst 02/03/2019

Source:

Tribute Livery:

Thanks for visiting :-)

RB

Edited by user Sunday, September 22, 2019 7:33:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#153 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2019 4:15:48 PM(UTC)
Hello,

You do a lot of Porsche designs in Forza 7 so I don't know if you know about the Coca Cola designs Porsche are running at Petit Le Mans but if you do are you planning on making them in Forza 7?

Yes, I saw them on Motorsports.com yesterday. And yes, planning on starting/finishing on it this weekend after I finalize the HubAuto Ferrari :-)

RB

Great, can't wait to see it!

Coming along nicely... had a little setback this last weekend (honeydo's) so I wasn't able to paint as much as I wanted. I'm sure to have her done soon now that the lion's share of the work has been accomplished :-)

RB

Edited by user Tuesday, September 24, 2019 4:16:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#154 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 7:04:10 AM(UTC)
Last week Porsche unveiled the Coca-Cola Tribute Livery for the 22nd running of the Petit Le Mans. Announced at Coca-Cola’s global headquarters in Atlanta, the historic partnership will see the two CORE autosport-prepared Porsches run in the red with white colors. Wearing the Coca-Cola red with white “Dynamic Ribbon” on the hood, flanks and rear bumper, with white painted BBS wheels - the two factory entries will look identical with the exception of their number plate. Also the #911 car of Nick Tandy/Patrick Pilet/Frederic Makowiecki will be running a white windshield banner, while the #912 of Earl Bamber/Laurens Vanthoor/Mathieu Jaminet will use a black banner.

BTW: I'm almost 100% positive that the cars may look slightly different when raced next month, so I'll be sure to update these files to match their real-life counterparts following the Petit Le Mans race if required.

Car: 2017 Porsche #92 Porsche GT Team 911 RSR
File Name: #911coke2019(1)
File Name: #912coke2019(1)
Description: #911/#912 Core Autosport / Coca-Cola livery @ Petit Le Mans 2019

Source:

Replicas:

#911 Nick Tandy/Patrick Pilet/Frederic Makowiecki

#912 Earl Bamber/Laurens Vanthoor/Mathieu Jaminet

RB

Edited by user Monday, September 30, 2019 1:25:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#155 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2019 6:20:52 PM(UTC)
Great job on the Coke designs! High quality work and definitely my favorite design from you by far.
#156 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2019 6:54:56 AM(UTC)
Great job on the Coke designs! High quality work and definitely my favorite design from you by far.

Thanks a boatload for the compliments sir - very glad you enjoy it :-)

RB
#157 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2019 1:28:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bart Ziemski Go to Quoted Post
I know how tricky it can be to accurately do a "negative". Which I assume you had to do in the "racing" vinyl. Especially with so many curves. Well bl...dy done!
Your designs are awesome.

Thank you very much my friend - but I'm afraid that all is not what it may appear to be ;-) It's not a negative image with a gradient behind - actually each letter is just a different color. With Red being 0 and yellow 15... I used 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, & 15 on the letters respectively to achieve the effect. You see, I did a little trick on that one because I thought I could get away with it, and your comment makes me think I was successful. With the letters only connecting with a thin line and the many other actual gradients in the livery - the minor color changes go unnoticed and it tends to make one see a gradient even if it's not there. Look very close - you'll see, it's an optical illusion - but one that goes by unnoticed.

Maybe not so awesome - but I'd like to think well executed ;-)

And again, I do appreciate the positive comments. Thanks again!

RB

Brilliant. You definitely pulled it off. Looks so smooth. It's a good trick I never thought of. I'll definitely use it. We'll done.
#158 Posted : Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:42:54 PM(UTC)
Hi Guys! - since I had the other two liveries for the #9 Pfaff Motorsports GT3 R, thought I would get this knocked out too. Only thing we have so far are two pictures and some text that came with the announcement last week. So just like the Coke Livery, I may need to adjust things following the race this week.

Pfaff Motorsports’ 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 R will wear a custom blue-and-yellow tartan featuring the colors of Life Storage at Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta, October 10-12. Life Storage, a sponsor of the Pfaff Motorsports team throughout 2019, assumes title sponsor position for the final race of the season. The Pfaff team currently sits second in the overall GTD championship, while Porsche is in the hunt for the overall manufacturer’s championship, currently sitting third. At Road Atlanta, Pfaff will be looking to lock up its position and help Porsche win the manufacturer’s title, with Lars Kern returning to join Scott Hargrove and Zach Ro **** on for the 10-hour endurance race.

Car: 2017 Porsche #92 Porsche GT Team 911 RSR
File Name: #9petitleman2019
Description: #9 Pfaff Motorsports @ Petit Le Mans/Road Atlanta 10/10-12/2019

Source:

Replica:

RB
#159 Posted : Sunday, November 3, 2019 12:22:38 PM(UTC)
Happy holiday season everyone... and with the change of season comes a new change for Radar Bob. With that said, some new stuff on something other then GT3s :-)

Car: 2019 Honda #9 Chip Ganassi Racing Dallera
File Name: #19clydel2019
File Name: #19clydel2019ovl (livery for Oval Track wing/front)
Description: #19 Cly-Del Manufacturing Honda @ Mid-Ohio 07/28/2019

Source:

Replica:

Oval Track Livery:

Car: 2019 Chevrolet #9 Chip Ganassi Racing Dallera
File Name: #4abc2019
File Name: #4abc2019oval (livery for Oval Track wing/front)
Description: #4 ABC Supply Racing @ Road America 06/21/2019

Source:

Replica:

Oval Track Livery:

Car: 2019 Chevrolet #9 Chip Ganassi Racing Dallera
File Name: #14abc2019
File Name: #14abc2019oval (livery for Oval Track wing/front)
Description: #14 ABC Supply Racing @ Road America 06/21/2019

Source:

Replica:

Oval Track Livery:

BTW: Sorry it's been so long since my last post. Had some computer issues (still do, but working around them) but more importantly was joining the ASRO Motorsports Group a month or so ago. Seems like a perfect fit for a painter like myself - and something I've been wanting to try for some time now. With next year's racing season starting in a couple of months, my attention is plugging the holes for what class racers need it most. So between making these, modifying some of my paints to comply with the race rules on liveries, or just making some custom paints for the racers there I'm keeping busy. Hope you like the indy cars... and time for me to get back to it.

RB
#160 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2019 8:14:26 PM(UTC)
Hey OKC Radar Bob,

I have a question for you. You've done some of the throwback designs from IMSA this year so I was wondering do you have any plans on doing the No. 67 Ford GT light blue design that they raced during Petit Le Mans and other races during the season?
Quick Reply
7 Pages<<567Prev

Notification

Icon
Error