This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<3456PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#101 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 8:39:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
It seems like no matter what event or challenge it is, everyone hates it and doesn't like driving in it or trying to win. Totally confusing to me how you can hate challenges and racing so much but want to play a game like this. The people I despise the most are the ones that get totally bent out of shape because they have to complete a challenge for cars. What's the point of having all the cars if you hate playing the game. The weekly challenges and monthly additions are what keep the game interesting. I 100% the list every week even though I have all the rewards and just 3 starred almost all of the stories because the challenge is fun. It blows my mind how people want everything given to them, have no desire to make any effort and whine like 2 year olds about it constantly. It's beyond pathetic.

3 stars for this comment 🤗🤗🤗
 4 users liked this post.
#102 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 10:38:42 PM(UTC)
Just make it completion based, instead of win based to get the progress = solved.
Playing on PC with i5 2500k cpu, 16 gb ram and rx 470 4gb gpu on an Lg freesync 24" IPS display with the Xbox One Recon Tech controller.
#103 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 11:06:44 PM(UTC)
yes they shoud be
+rep
 4 users liked this post.
#104 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 12:31:04 AM(UTC)
I enjoy them aim for 100% every week just as I did before the playlist,
FORZA TIER 8 10524 Driving since August 2017
looking for mature ongoing players with mic to join team #AOS
facebook.com/vanninman twitter.com/vanninman1 twitch.tv/vanninman

2 users liked this post.
#105 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 2:15:17 AM(UTC)
Lol, never had any problems with playground games. Our team mostly won at first attempt.

I think the big clue here is, to do PG as soon as possible after season change, so the whole playerbase doesn't have enough time to adjust their cars to the event and you'll find many unprepared drivers.
 6 users liked this post.
#106 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6:19:32 AM(UTC)
I tried the PG when the Playlist feature started, because of the 100% reward, and hated it, but it was a requirement at the time so I persevered. When they reduced the reward requirement to 80% there was just no need to do it, so I don't. I'm happy with my 91% completion if I don't have to go through that torture every week.
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
 3 users liked this post.
#107 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 8:54:56 AM(UTC)
It blows my mind how people want everything given to them, have no desire to make any effort and whine like 2 year olds about it constantly. It's beyond pathetic.

"given"? Last I checked, I got my copy of FH4 by going to work, doing my job, earning my salary, and paying MS for my copy. It's not "giving", it's "getting what I paid for".

#108 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 4:30:54 PM(UTC)
My previous post wasn't about challange or anything related to festival playlist to be honest.
I'm here with people who want a proper reward for doing something meaningful. Unfortunately forza has a big problems with a real challange. You even no need to win to progress through the game what i see rediculous. Thank's god they had fixed it for a festival playlist at least.
I just think playground games are designed not so well. I said about complicated locations previously, but it's aslo about a bad choice of car classes. Last time it was a dirt park again and modern muscle cars. Why modern muscle cars, why there, who said it will be fun?
 1 user liked this post.
#109 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 5:10:20 PM(UTC)
No need to do them now.
 6 users liked this post.
#110 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 5:26:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
It blows my mind how people want everything given to them, have no desire to make any effort and whine like 2 year olds about it constantly. It's beyond pathetic.

"given"? Last I checked, I got my copy of FH4 by going to work, doing my job, earning my salary, and paying MS for my copy. It's not "giving", it's "getting what I paid for".

You make zero sense. You paid for the original game. You had no idea what would be added as far as challenges and free cars go. You didn't "pay" to be exempt from any races or challenges for prizes. You didn't "pay" to have every car that may be added handed to you on a silver platter. If you value your hard earned money so much why do you waste it on a game that revolves around challenges and getting rewards? Next time maybe you should research a game before you invest money in it. Clearly Forza's play style and system isn't the game for you if you feel that entitled. As I said previously, why do you care about getting the reward cars so much if you despise being challenged, completing races and missions, etc. It makes no sense.

3 users liked this post.
#111 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 6:13:14 PM(UTC)

You make zero sense. You paid for the original game. You had no idea what would be added as far as challenges and free cars go. You didn't "pay" to be exempt from any races or challenges for prizes. You didn't "pay" to have every car that may be added handed to you on a silver platter. If you value your hard earned money so much why do you waste it on a game that revolves around challenges and getting rewards? Next time maybe you should research a game before you invest money in it. Clearly Forza's play style and system isn't the game for you if you feel that entitled. As I said previously, why do you care about getting the reward cars so much if you despise being challenged, completing races and missions, etc. It makes no sense.

I've won all the races (including the finals and the Goliath), reached level 25 in the road/dirt/cross country disciplines, three-starred every PR stunt (including the drift zones), three-starred every chapter of every story, driven on every road, and done all of the above on both Fortune Island and Lego Valley. Feel free to check achievements if you don't believe me. What is it, exactly, you think I should be doing that I haven't already done?

As for what I expected from a Forza game, the core value of the series up until now was "play how you want". I'm not put off by a challenge, but rather by the fact that they only want to give rewards now for playing how PG want you to play.
#112 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 6:17:14 PM(UTC)
It seems like no matter what event or challenge it is, everyone hates it and doesn't like driving in it or trying to win. Totally confusing to me how you can hate challenges and racing so much but want to play a game like this. The people I despise the most are the ones that get totally bent out of shape because they have to complete a challenge for cars. What's the point of having all the cars if you hate playing the game. The weekly challenges and monthly additions are what keep the game interesting. I 100% the list every week even though I have all the rewards and just 3 starred almost all of the stories because the challenge is fun. It blows my mind how people want everything given to them, have no desire to make any effort and whine like 2 year olds about it constantly. It's beyond pathetic.

Bravo, well said!

Vice president, moderated club.
 2 users liked this post.
#113 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 6:49:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
I am very serious when I say Thank You for including Playground games in the weekly activities.

These games are some of my most favorite things to do in Horizon 4.

I agree. It is a great opportunity to play against people who aren't too hardcore. I just wish the developers would add more playground games maps because it gets a bit repetitive after several months.
#114 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 8:01:46 PM(UTC)

I've won all the races (including the finals and the Goliath), reached level 25 in the road/dirt/cross country disciplines, three-starred every PR stunt (including the drift zones), three-starred every chapter of every story, driven on every road, and done all of the above on both Fortune Island and Lego Valley. Feel free to check achievements if you don't believe me. What is it, exactly, you think I should be doing that I haven't already done?

As for what I expected from a Forza game, the core value of the series up until now was "play how you want". I'm not put off by a challenge, but rather by the fact that they only want to give rewards now for playing how PG want you to play.

So from what you just wrote in the first part you got everything you paid for
But now you just expect everything else as well
 2 users liked this post.
#115 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 10:42:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

3 stars for this comment 🤗🤗🤗

So agree with this.....

So sick of the - I'm a millennial, I can't fail, how dare I have to do something to get something, you owe me, I paid for this (well my mom did, because she loves me so so soooo much) don't say no, I want that, I deserve that.....wahwahwah
 1 user liked this post.
#116 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 2:32:49 AM(UTC)

If you finished all that then I'm perplexed at why you'd be whining that you have to do challenges or didn't get what you paid for. Your comments contradict each other and are confusing. I assume your first comment of complaining was just trolling to stir up an argument then?

Edited by user Friday, July 12, 2019 2:33:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#117 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 4:20:45 AM(UTC)

If you finished all that then I'm perplexed at why you'd be whining that you have to do challenges or didn't get what you paid for. Your comments contradict each other and are confusing. I assume your first comment of complaining was just trolling to stir up an argument then?

I don't mind being challenged. But there is no challenge I am interested in doing that would pay out a Capri FE, or an Apollo IE, or the other cars remaining for me to collect.

That's the issue. The game is no longer "play how you want". If you don't do online racing, the reward loop just ends.

And to preempt the usual follow-up: I can afford Gold just fine. The money isn't the issue. The issue is that online is nothing but griefers and Generation Fortnite showing off their outfits and dances. No thanks.
 1 user liked this post.
#118 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 4:48:43 AM(UTC)
The main reason PG games will keep there is it is requirement for having enough people playing it for those who like it to have people to play with. Other reason is the success of the feature and feature owner making the point that playlist is needed to take people there to discover the feature and initiate life spark in it.
I am still surprised there is not a drift challenge in the list.

Same applies to Cards system.

For playlist, I think they did good so that you can reach the 80% without doing all the stuff.

Up to me, PG games, keep it or leave it, same, I won't play it, period.

Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
#119 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 5:05:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
The main reason PG games will keep there is it is requirement for having enough people playing it for those who like it to have people to play with. Other reason is the success of the feature and feature owner making the point that playlist is needed to take people there to discover the feature and initiate life spark in it.

For playlist, I think they did good so that you can reach the 80% without doing all the stuff.

Survival of the fittest. If a feature isn't gaining traction, abandon it and focus your development efforts on features the end users value.
#120 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 6:23:47 AM(UTC)
Not sure if it helps, but I've had some luck with the PG games by tuning a few cars to suit the games themselves. Low top end, good launch, braking, and acceleration, sometimes rally suspension, sometimes retaining more weight to not get pushed around, and swapping to all wheel drive when it's allowed. If you've completed so much of the rest of the game, you have time to tune a few more cars, right? Tune something half decently in the first day or two of the season and it's not that much of a challenge.
#121 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 6:27:58 AM(UTC)

but for people who actually like playing it, wouldn't they rather have teammates opponents who also like playing it? because as it is now people quit as soon as they realize their team is losing. the playlist incentive doesn't create good matches, just blow outs.
#122 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 9:27:42 AM(UTC)
To be honest this "play how you want" thing is killing Forza. It's just a bad game design choice, nothing else.
FH4 is the best example of it, because many things are imbalanced as F.
For examle the whole career mode, reward system or progression. Even that stupid wheelspins became something common and boring.
I'm tired of all of rewards for doing nothing in FH, credits for nothing, cars for nothing over and over again. I'm tired of that mess of icons on the map, tired of no need to win to progress through the game, tired of lazy and boring career mode. Imagine how career mode is bad if just one feature like festival playlist gives 10 times better experience.
#123 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 1:10:57 PM(UTC)

Survival of the fittest. If a feature isn't gaining traction, abandon it and focus your development efforts on features the end users value.

My Problem with the Play Ground Games Events is that it is team dependent... if you get on a good team you win, if you get stuck on a bad team you lose - - rinse and repeat... it's not fun...

The trials have improved... but Play Ground Games Events are not that fun (better than FH 3 though which was horrible for Play Ground Games Events)
#124 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 5:07:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dog8MyGamertag Go to Quoted Post
I tried the PG when the Playlist feature started, because of the 100% reward, and hated it, but it was a requirement at the time so I persevered. When they reduced the reward requirement to 80% there was just no need to do it, so I don't. I'm happy with my 91% completion if I don't have to go through that torture every week.

Exactly! I've done everything in the Autumn playlist, except The Trial and the Playground Games and five daily challenges. That's 82% completion in two days.
#125 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 5:20:10 PM(UTC)

The Team Adventure option in Festival Playlist can be completed with Drift Adventure instead. So, technically, there is, but you don't have to do it! (Possibly the only case of an "optional" challenge on the Playlist.)
6 Pages<<3456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error