This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
69 Pages<<6162636465>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#1551 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 10:53:23 AM(UTC)
playing the game for about an hour now and I have to say offline is the game,..eh...3/10...I have see all this in Test Drive Unlimited about a decade ago,..way, way better as in this game, and dear o dear o dear, what a horror is this online. To give it a 1/10 score would be generous,..I didn't see any online racing game which would be so horrible as this game. This have to be a freaking joke, I mean,....you can't even choose some specific roads or anything as far I get it, just some ''online adventure'' where you are forced into some crazy all across ''racing,...'' eh...I will try to find anything positive in this game...but so far, horrible in every aspect, well the graphic is good.
 1 user liked this post.
#1552 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 12:21:44 AM(UTC)
I'm finding the rankings system a bit disheartening. The past few months I've hovered between the same rating which is tiresome, so today I had some time to make a real effort to improve my FFA rating.
7 races in and I'd made a net increase of +15, with my biggest jump being a 4 point jump - in any case I was comfortable with seeing forward progress.
Next two races I come up against drivers on much higher levels and a multitude of a certain car that always seems to dominate - and I finish low in the standings, while sticking with it while others log off. As a result I lose 17 rankings points across those two races.

I know I'm not the best driver, but where is the incentive to stick at it? I've spent my time waiting for 9 races to start and the net result of my time and efforts is to go backwards in my rankings - where is the fun in that? Where is the incentive to continue and provide online competition?
I accept there are better drivers than me online and I enjoy the racing but, at worst, there should be no negative points lost for your efforts. I'd be happy with a 1 point, or even zero point, gain just for sticking at it.
 1 user liked this post.
#1553 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 3:41:31 AM(UTC)
Am I right in thinking that there are 11 categories of event (B dirt, A (Road, street, dirt and X), S1 (same as A) and S2 Road and street)? If so, why do I get X country events well over 50% of the time? I must have done about 20 events over the weekend and I reckon 12 were X country, 3 were S1 dirt and the remainder were split between the rest (but with no B dirt or A road/street).

Also, does anyone know any way of seeing the freeroam maps online anywhere? There are enough of them that, save for a couple I’m memorised, I need to study them a bit to try and give myself a chance of remembering which one is which!

#1554 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 11:33:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Am I right in thinking that there are 11 categories of event (B dirt, A (Road, street, dirt and X), S1 (same as A) and S2 Road and street)? If so, why do I get X country events well over 50% of the time? I must have done about 20 events over the weekend and I reckon 12 were X country, 3 were S1 dirt and the remainder were split between the rest (but with no B dirt or A road/street).

Case and point that the "random" system in online adventure does not work. In all of the previous Horizon games, we were given 3 options for next championship and the remainder of the lobby would cast a vote on what championship they want to play next. Playground has argued that they removed this feature from Horizon 4 because people would only vote for S2 street most of the time (or whatever option had faster cars than the championship they were currently in). While that may have been the case, they are lazily ignoring the fact that the "random" system they've implemented to replace it does not work even remotely as well in providing us variety or enjoyable online gameplay. I would argue that the random system in this game is actually far worse than all of the previous iterations of the system. If people are physically pressing the vote button after the race and they just happen to all be voting for the same races most of the time, does that not mean that they WANT to play that type of race?? Lol why not let people play what they want without being forced into using the custom adventure mode.
#1555 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 2:48:03 PM(UTC)
Where is the custom adventure fix supposed to be? I still cannot get in any dirt or X country events
 1 user liked this post.
#1556 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:55:36 AM(UTC)
I've played this game now more, well only online...in which perspective I didn't change my mind, I still think it is by far the worse online racing game which I had ever come across. I think it's the worst online system in general..I can't imagine any other game offer even a worst system as this, they should add by online mode also a >>refund<< button and next to this beyond annoying and intrusive ''Anna!'' And by the way,..I think this game is also unique when it comes to socialization. Newer video games have all their own problems with being too anti social but mostly due to whole game design..but by Forza Horizon 4 is this in whole new dimension, you can't even chat in this game, how crazy is this. Even more stunning is, that then intrusive Anna tell you '' Hey look this,...you can even communicate with others...here choose some sentences from the list!'' At first I thought it was a joke, some sarcasm..this game is just a textbook example how not to create online gaming, pure incompetence.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:57:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1557 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:31:27 PM(UTC)
Hmm, so tonight I have had the pleasure of doing 5 successive A cross country races in team adventure. Finally get an S1 Road race - game tells me I’ve been disconnected before it starts. Try again - do another A cross country race - excellent, really enjoying the variety. Start another adventure and fortunately get another S1 Road race - game again tells me I’m disconnected before it starts.

Not going to risk starting another game now but I’m presumably going to lose yet more hard earned points for the game disconnecting me when I next do a race (already got hit with about a 20 point deduction for the first one). I’m therefore going to be about 40-50 points down on where I should be without having any control at all. That’s simply not good enough in a game where it’s fiendishly difficult to gain points - I reckon that’s the equivalent of about 5 hours play. Anyone had similar problems tonight?
#1558 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 4:57:02 PM(UTC)
Awesome fix to custom adventure ! Currently in a cross county lobby 😁
#1559 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 6:59:22 AM(UTC)
it's quite odd to see how this ranked system being a lottery and players insisting on it like they would insist on a slot machine ...
#1560 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 12:05:28 PM(UTC)
Tried playing ranked races today, team and free for all, every time I either don't get enough people, because 6 or 10, or even 11 are not enough (just why) or getting stupid races with f______ free roams in the winter, where i still cant see which cars have offroad/ winter tires, thanks to the game being in spring season, yeah racing tires will be great for the winter.
I literally was close to throwing my controller threw the room because its just a joke...
#1561 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 3:51:36 PM(UTC)
Also, who decided it was a bright idea to remove points gained from “beating” a player who quits a race? A short handed team already has a massive advantage in later races - now they don’t even suffer the penalty in the event someone quits.
#1562 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 6:09:04 AM(UTC)
Hello Guys, it"s been a long time i didn't play online adventure. I'd like to thank forza team for the great improvments. It's is clearly better than at day one thanks to the "ghost" system + slowing the "wall cheaters". Though i'm not completly familiar with how are calculated the points you won/or not ? Question 2 : Let's say that i'm ranked level 11 now. If i completly stop playing adventure online for the rest of the championnship, will i loose points/rank ? I'm mean can i lost ranking for "not playing" ? Thanks !

Edited by user Friday, July 5, 2019 6:21:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1563 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 8:45:13 PM(UTC)
so i only see a way to do team advventures is there anyway i can do matchmaking to join more serious races like rally races or street ones? i see i can go to a race on the map and select pvp but can never find any people
#1564 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 11:40:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CHEKELO Go to Quoted Post
so i only see a way to do team advventures is there anyway i can do matchmaking to join more serious races like rally races or street ones? i see i can go to a race on the map and select pvp but can never find any people

PVP on one race would work is there was enough online players ... pretty dead feature
More serious races ( ramming decreasing order up to me )
- Ranked
- FFA
- Custom Adv
- Club mates

Removing points from beating a player quitting. Considering some kick other players with the only expectation of seing them leaving for the benefits of the team, I would rather agree.

#1565 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 12:58:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post

PVP on one race would work is there was enough online players ... pretty dead feature
- Ranked
- FFA
- Custom Adv
- Club mates

Removing points from beating a player quitting. Considering some kick other players with the only expectation of seing them leaving for the benefits of the team, I would rather agree.

Yeah, a good example yesterday. 4 on 4 game. My team were in positions 2-5 (so they were 1 and 6-8). We are therefore up 1200 points to 450. Their last two guys both quit near the end - suddenly we are losing 450 to 400. How is that in any way sensible?

This ignores the fact that a scenario where the scoring is heavily in favour of the short handed team anyway (as the player who drops out will almost always be one of the weakest). As I’ve said before, the obvious answer is to discount the equivalent number of players from the larger team - so in a 5 on 6 game, the team with 5 get no points for beating whoever is last (but they also get no points for beating anyone). That would be an easy fix and immediately makes it much fairer - with a slight advantage to the fully stocked team.
#1566 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 9:59:02 PM(UTC)
Imagine ranked was about skill and not about finding the shadiest tuning setup.
Forza-Achievements: 899 / 900 (FM2 Car Broker Achievement ...)
Forza Motorsport 7 Collector Level 47
#1567 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 11:46:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SWYD1 Go to Quoted Post
Imagine ranked was about skill and not about finding the shadiest tuning setup.

Ranked is about skill, ramming skill being the most important. Adding that the skill engine only processes what the guys of PG put in it and obviously, number of clean pass, position on the start grid,number of hits with other cars and number of hits with static objects are not determining the player skills in FH.

Edited by user Monday, July 8, 2019 12:02:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1568 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 11:58:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post

- Ranked
- FFA
- Custom Adv
- Club mates

Yeah, a good example yesterday. 4 on 4 game. My team were in positions 2-5 (so they were 1 and 6-8). We are therefore up 1200 points to 450. Their last two guys both quit near the end - suddenly we are losing 450 to 400. How is that in any way sensible?

This ignores the fact that a scenario where the scoring is heavily in favour of the short handed team anyway (as the player who drops out will almost always be one of the weakest). As I’ve said before, the obvious answer is to discount the equivalent number of players from the larger team - so in a 5 on 6 game, the team with 5 get no points for beating whoever is last (but they also get no points for beating anyone). That would be an easy fix and immediately makes it much fairer - with a slight advantage to the fully stocked team.

You have a point here, agree with you that considering even number of players / disregarding last players from the team having more players makes some sense. I don't see issue with that except some will complain as their race becomes worthless because of someone of the other team leaving ... kind of frustration

1 user liked this post.
#1569 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 8:20:13 PM(UTC)
Adventures needs a community routes for sure. It will bring some fresh air into the game.
It was impossible in fh3, but now i see no real reasons why it's not here, especially when every event is a separated race, no particular order and you no need to drive somewhere to another end of a map like before in FH3. So devs easily can pick up any community route, with any start/finish spot. No need to make them permament, some weekly or monthly rotation mixed with devs routes will be perfect.
For example they can use the same community routes for both adventures and festival playlist.
I mean really, why it's not in the game?
 1 user liked this post.
#1570 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 5:42:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Inttera Go to Quoted Post
I've played this game now more, well only online...in which perspective I didn't change my mind, I still think it is by far the worse online racing game which I had ever come across. I think it's the worst online system in general..I can't imagine any other game offer even a worst system as this, they should add by online mode also a >>refund<< button and next to this beyond annoying and intrusive ''Anna!'' And by the way,..I think this game is also unique when it comes to socialization. Newer video games have all their own problems with being too anti social but mostly due to whole game design..but by Forza Horizon 4 is this in whole new dimension, you can't even chat in this game, how crazy is this. Even more stunning is, that then intrusive Anna tell you '' Hey look this,...you can even communicate with others...here choose some sentences from the list!'' At first I thought it was a joke, some sarcasm..this game is just a textbook example how not to create online gaming, pure incompetence.

I can't believe people play online adventure at all. It's garbage. Every possible poor decision for online racing has been implemented with precision. Remove skill points equaling vehicular warfare. Make tracks too narrow so you can't pass without bumping someone. Put cobblestone walls on the sides of tracks to prevent you from passing or for others to push you into to slow you down. Make an overpowered car hard to obtain that rules a lot of people's favorite class. Make a ranking system that gives you next to nothing for winning and crushes you for losing. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 1 user liked this post.
#1571 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 3:12:22 AM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 4 is one of the best open-world racing games out there, no doubt about that, BUT I have one problem when it comes to Ranked Online Free for All Adventure: STOP putting me in Cross Coutry events. I don't like off road racing and that's my opinion. Let me choose between street racing and off road racing, don't just slap me into a off road race 7 times in a row, I hate them. The only reason I played them was for the progression that's it nothing more. So do something about it since you like to read our comments
#1572 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 2:38:21 PM(UTC)
This is getting stupid. I wasted 30 min of my life just joining drift adventure and quit out because I didn't want the adventure you force me to join.
This is not even funny anymore. DO YOUR JOB and add the damn buttons and menus that common sense demand !!!!!!!!!!
I was trying to get into a S2 RWD adventure and after 10 tries I gave up. THIS SUCKS !!!!!
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Friday, July 12, 2019 3:48:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1573 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 3:49:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPREEMOx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Inttera Go to Quoted Post

I can't believe people play online adventure at all. It's garbage. Every possible poor decision for online racing has been implemented with precision. Remove skill points equaling vehicular warfare. Make tracks too narrow so you can't pass without bumping someone. Put cobblestone walls on the sides of tracks to prevent you from passing or for others to push you into to slow you down. Make an overpowered car hard to obtain that rules a lot of people's favorite class. Make a ranking system that gives you next to nothing for winning and crushes you for losing. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.

Skill points? You mean that skill points, people are drifting for every race in fh3? I'm ok with skill point's be in the game, but only for additional bonus credits, not for players placement.
Tracks was narrow before in previous games. Fh3 for example has great tracks, the best in the series if you ask me, not only because of great routes, but also because tracks are narrow.
So you need to master that tracks to show any good results and you know what, i really like it, because it's a racing game after all.
I'm not a fan of wide tracks, i think they can be boring and too forgiving. For example tracks in Nice from FH2. One exeption here is high speed classes of cars like S2, they need a wide tracks i agree, but it was a problem even before. I mean i think A is perfect for every onroad circuit, S1 is good for onroad but time after time feels "off", S2 is just for sprints and small amount of onroad curcuits. It's my formula for onroad tracks, offroad is a different state so the formula is different too.
I'm not trying to say multiplayer is perfect. It has it's own problems for sure. One of them is players driving culture, rules that afford nearly everything and ofcourse that stupid awd swaps everywhere, op cars and imbalanced tuning.
#1574 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 12:41:58 AM(UTC)
1. It takes 10 -20 mins to find a team adventure. This is unacceptable.
2. The scoring system in Team Adventure is unacceptable. Please use the same scoring system in FFA. This way leavers cause a penalty instead of a team of 1 winning by finishing 3rd vs a team of 6.
3. I should be able to stay in the Adventure when it is over vs. having to find a new one. Why can't I just stay?
 1 user liked this post.
#1575 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 8:54:01 AM(UTC)
If you ask me, this game needs just a сouple of playlists for multiplayer.
Team, solo, drift and custom. There are too many options right now with all of this ranked, unranked stuff.
So some options need to go forever.
I like ranking reward system, but i see ranks just as an instument to play with people depends on skills and driving culture, not as a competitive attributes because racing is competitive by itself.
I mean many people are scared of ranked modes in different games, they going for unranked thinking it's more casual and fun.
I see only a problem here because it hurts population, so as a guy above me said you can waiting for 10-20min for nothing like online is completely dead.
69 Pages<<6162636465>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error