This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
52 Pages<<4546474849>>PrevNext
#1151 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 10:56:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mike FH V8 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
Well, at least we got a Ferrari F40 update with the DLC. Only one I've heard tho. Don't think anything else has changed.

Does it sound better?

I think so.
#1152 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 3:36:01 PM(UTC)
Peep the 2016 Cayman GT4. Fairly certain it got an update too. Sounds beefcake.
#1153 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 5:59:35 AM(UTC)
I haven't played the game in weeks. Have they upped the volume and bass on cars? Are the inaccurate notes gone?
 1 user liked this post.
#1154 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 1:21:30 PM(UTC)
Well, at least we got a Ferrari F40 update with the DLC. Only one I've heard tho. Don't think anything else has changed.

Does it sound better?

I think so.

F40 and F40 C both got an update and they sound worse than before.

Agin, great work by PG
#1155 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 2:06:00 PM(UTC)
Peep the 2016 Cayman GT4. Fairly certain it got an update too. Sounds beefcake.

Nope, sounds same as before.
#1156 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 5:09:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clonedemned Go to Quoted Post

Does it sound better?

I think so.

Agin, great work by PG

Sounds great inside the car. I couldn't care less about external sound. Both cars I mentioned do. They're wide, full dynamic range and quite immersive.
#1157 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 11:23:34 PM(UTC)
Jeep Tackhawk with tune exhaust sound perfect.
YOUTUBE CHANNEL WITH TEST DRIVE, DRAG RACES, OFF ROAD IN: FORZA HORIZON 4
 2 users liked this post.
#1158 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 10:00:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AutoMotoCritic Go to Quoted Post
Jeep Tackhawk with tune exhaust sound perfect.

Wrong. The ONLY Hellcat powered vehicle that sounds and feels right is the Jeep Trailcat. Challenger Hellcat, Charger Hellcat, Dodge Demon, and Jeep Trackhawk are far from perfect. Every single one is weak and uninspired in both the cockpit and external views. Since when have you known a V8 to have NO bass?

This is how a Trackhawk sounds IRL >> Jeep Trackhawk

Now tell me what is perfect about how it sounds in this game.

Edited by user Sunday, June 16, 2019 10:05:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1159 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 2:17:28 PM(UTC)
Bring back the Motorsport 6 RB26 sound plz. That one is near perfect.
#1160 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:23:16 AM(UTC)
Nissan GT-R's in FM7 sound fantastic, in Horizon not so much. Please just import the updated sounds.
#1161 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 8:04:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
Nissan GT-R's in FM7 sound fantastic, in Horizon not so much. Please just import the updated sounds.

Those sound like refined versions of the FH4 R34 (2002 Skyline Vspec II). Pretty sure they mixed the FH4 R33/32 with the FH4 R34 to get the FM7 R32/R33/R34 GT-R sound. This is exactly what I said they should have done. The FH4 R34 lacks the low end and width that the FH4 R33/32 have. So there ya go PG. Mix the R32/33 with the R34 and apply that to all 3 and you got it. Not perfect, but close enough.
 1 user liked this post.
#1162 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 10:48:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clonedemned Go to Quoted Post

Does it sound better?

I think so.

Agin, great work by PG

I like the new sounds - there's now dynamic range to them - I can hear and feel my woofer working. Much better sound, it's now powerful and growls like an F40 exhaust does IRL. Previous sound was weak and kind of flat, even though sample was correct.

Edited by user Sunday, June 23, 2019 10:49:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1163 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 1:50:03 PM(UTC)
I just want all the interiors to feel fat, warm, and wide like the R8. Exterior sounds I couldn't care less about cos I'm not a chase cam player.
#1164 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 11:17:20 PM(UTC)
This I totally agree on: "fat" and wide ranging sounds in cockpit to give you the idea that there's actually a powerful engine and exhaust attached to the car you're driving. They've done a good job on improving a few cars in this respect such as the R8 and F40C as well as a few others. But we're still far off from an 'across the board' improvement.
#1165 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 2:05:02 PM(UTC)
Not a single mention of audio this month. I give up. :(
#1166 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 11:39:40 PM(UTC)
Well, the Koenigsegg CCX that arrived in this month's Series 11 update hasn't even been made available to Horizon 4 players yet as part of this month's winter season (because winter hasn't arrived yet), and I can ALREADY tell you that Playground Games got its sound wrong! Specifically, the sound of the superchargers.

Now, the CCX's 4.7L V8, as we all know, is boosted by two Rotrex centrifugal superchargers, yet they sound file they used for the CCX makes it sound like it has a roots type or a twin-screw setup, WHICH IT CLEARLY DOESN'T HAVE. Just listen to it in this YouTube video uploaded by Ahmad Rizik, which features him taking the CCX for a drive in Horizon 4 (don't ask me how he got the car before it was even made available as part of the winter season, because I don't know either), and I promise you after watching it, you will DEFINITELY agree with me that they got the supercharger sound wrong for the CCX...

This is particularly bad when you bear in mind that the last time the CCX was featured in a Forza game, Forza Motorsport 4 - which was released WAY back in 2011 on Xbox 360, they got the sound just right, because at least in FM4 it actually sounded like it was boosted by centrifugal superchargers as it is in real life, as proven in this YouTube video by Throneful, which features him taking the CCX round Old Le Mans on FM4... (BTW, the CCX's centrifugal supercharger sound in FM4 is particularly noticeable in the cockpit view)

Frankly, I'm surprised the guys at Playground Games weren't able to get the sound right for the CCX, especially when you bear in mind that for the 2002 CC8S - which like the CCX, is also boosted by twin centrifugal superchargers - they were able to get the sound right, because the CC8S' sound file actually makes it sound like it's boosted by centrifugal superchargers like it is in real life, and this is particularly noticeable in cockpit view. Take a listen here...

If Playground Games wanted to get the CCX's supercharger sound right for Horizon 4, the least they could have done is use the CC8S' sound file for the CCX, because like I said earlier, at least the sound file for the CC8S has the proper centrifugal supercharger sound, which would have made the CCX sound more like it was actually boosted by centrifugal superchargers like it is in real life! Hopefully, this will be rectified in a future update...

Edited by user Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:01:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1167 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 1:09:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LordReindeer0 Go to Quoted Post
It has been rather clear, the induction / enigne / exhaust sounds of FH4 have been severely downgraded in comparison to previous titles. Until this day, nobody knows why. While T10 gave FM7 a rather large sound update, what has been really appreciated by the community, PG has ignored this subject rather well, live stream after live stream.

Live stream coming up next Monday, so what is it gonna be:
A - ''Yes we are looking into it, our sound development team are working non-stop, have patience.''
B - ''No, we are gonna leave it as it is, car sounds don't have priority in Horizon, please shut up about it.''
C - Ignore the subject yet again.

My guess is C, rather disappointing and uninspiring (just like the sound development).

My guess is also C. Unfortunately. :(

Month after month..
PG doesn't care, they never did.
Uninspiring.
#1168 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 1:24:53 AM(UTC)
You are expecting a quality of delivery that is the one they aim to. Devs are put under pressure to deliver at an insane pace and it is already a good achievement car is not sounding like a stock datsun ... Expecting them to take the time to do the job right and have something close from reality ... that is what was sold to you but not what they intended to do.

Sadness is that having your feedback reaching them is quite ... and those guys being allowed to take the time to consider your feedback ... If it would happen, I would be impressed and depressed at the same time considering things like wheel spin duplicate cars skipper is not.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 3, 2019 1:25:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1169 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 6:37:58 AM(UTC)
Quote:
Frankly, I'm surprised the guys at Playground Games weren't able to get the sound right for the CCX

After all that's happened with the audio of this game, you're surprised they didn't get this one right?! There is literally 1 car that they have right in this game. Audi R8.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 3, 2019 10:56:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1170 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:12:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LordReindeer0 Go to Quoted Post

Forza is triple-A gaming series!
In my point of view, the devs show pure disinterested and lack of dedication toward the community...

That's pretty much the defenition of a tripple-A studio these days isn't it?

1 user liked this post.
#1171 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 9:23:37 AM(UTC)
I think part of the issue is the whole live service gimmick they have going on. They rush to get content out on a deadline because just the shipping process itself takes so long, and so they don't have time test it properly or make fundamental changes. You can see this in the terrible/lazy car sounds, numerous bugs, etc.

I'd rather have polished content on a longer timetable than unpolished content every week/month. FH4 really feels like one of the most uninspired Forzas yet.

🇨🇦
 2 users liked this post.
#1172 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 10:10:36 AM(UTC)
Now we have 3 different amg engines that sound the same despite being diferent, 5.5tt, 4.0tt and 6.2 natural this is really a joke
 1 user liked this post.
#1173 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 10:58:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mdbforza Go to Quoted Post
Now we have 3 different amg engines that sound the same despite being diferent, 5.5tt, 4.0tt and 6.2 natural this is really a joke

To be fair, they don't all sound drastically different in the first place.
#1174 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:06:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mdbforza Go to Quoted Post

To be fair, they don't all sound drastically different in the first place.

The 6.2 sounds completly different, they are diferent engines, one is a v8 6.2 with no turbos and the other v8 4.0 twinturbo and they sound very different. If you compare the 4.0 with 5.5 then ok they sound similar but still different.
#1175 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:39:30 AM(UTC)
I definitely don't think it's a matter of the audio team not caring. I think it has more to do with management not caring. I'm willing to bet their thought on the matter is 'this is a music festival focused game so the players shouldn't really care about the car audio since they'll be jamming out to this music we've curated'

To say the audio team doesn't care is just wrong. Listen to the R8, MC12 Corsa, 60s Mini Cooper, Delta S4, Camaro ZL1, Porsche Cayman, Ferrari F40, Ferrari California, and Ferrari 488 GTB for example. There's plenty of instances where it's VERY clear that they do care. I just don't think they're being given the go ahead to update the problems.

Here's what I hope is going on - The audio teams of both FM and FH are working to unify their sound across both games so that it's not so jarring to go from one to the other. IMHO both games should sound the same. There's no reason to have a 2016 Lambo sound different. It's a 2016 Lambo. The only way it should sound different is if the upgraded exhaust is different in both titles.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:51:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

52 Pages<<4546474849>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error