3 Pages123Prev
#51 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 12:13:13 PM(UTC)
List of features and fixes from RetroKrystal:

Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Class-Based Rivals
Back by popular demand, we’ve added Class-Based Rivals to Forza Horizon 4! Now you can build the perfect hot-lapping machine for each Class and each Route, and dominate those leaderboards. These new Class-Based Rivals Events have been added alongside our existing curated Events.

Top Gear Horizon Special
The Horizon Festival is in the UK this year, and Top Gear presenter Chris Harris and The Stig are there to see what it’s all about. This update adds a new Horizon Story, with 7 chapters of gameplay featuring entirely new gameplay, narrated by Chris Harris. Completing the Top Gear Horizon Special will unlock the “I am The Stig” T-shirt , The Stig Race Suit, the Top Gear Project E-AT, the Top Gear Track-Tor and the Mercedes Benz G63 6x6 Sports Utility Truck.

Star Car rewards
Being a superstar deserves super rewards, so we’ve amped up each of the Star Cards with an extra reward:
  • Become a Racing Superstar to earn the PG Race Outfit (Legendary Clothing)
  • Become a PR Stunt Superstar to earn the 2012 Hot Wheels Rip Rod (Legendary Car)
  • Become a Superstar Explorer to earn the Gold Viking Helmet (Legendary Clothing)
  • Become a Superstar Creator to earn the Dark Crown (Legendary Clothing)
  • Become a Story Superstar to earn the 2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast (Legendary Car)
  • Become an Adventure Superstar to earn the Golden Chicken Suit (Legendary Clothing)

Only the base game content is required to complete the Star Card challenges and earn these rewards.

Top Gear Cars
  • Mercedes-Benz G63 6X6
  • Top Gear Track-tor
  • Mercedes-Benz E350D 4MATIC All-terrain “Project E-AT”

Updates & Fixes
Accessibility Improvements
  • Added High Contrast UI Mode, available from within Video Settings. Ensures that text elements have a minimum level of contrast with their backgrounds to aid readability for visually impaired users.
  • Added Screen Reader functionality to improve UI navigation for visually impaired users. This feature can be enabled using the ‘Let Games Read To Me’ option in the Xbox ‘Ease of Use’ system settings.

Cross-Platform Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where rebooting at the initial car select during quick start would cause the player to be stuck at reboot
  • Fixed an issue where the player was always starting at the LEGO Valley house, despite selecting a home on the Mainland.
  • Fixed an issue which caused the map to appear blurry for a few seconds when opened in LEGO Valley.
  • Improved the logic behind what does, and what does not trigger wall riding penalties.
  • Fixed an issue with audio distortion on the Koenigsegg Agera RS.
  • Fixed an issue where some cars had no audio when selecting to “Drive Out” of Forzavista.
  • Fixed an issue with sorting on Grandmaster Leaderboards for Online Adventure.
  • Fixed an issue where stickers on LEGO Speed Champion cars were disappearing when underwater.
  • Fixed an issue with some of the Beauty Spots in LEGO Valley playing the wrong VO.
  • Seasonal Championships in LEGO Valley now count towards Star Card progression.
  • Fixed an issue which would cause other cars to disappear, and remain missing, if the player entered and then quit an event whilst enrolled in a #FORZATHON Live event.
  • Fixed an edge case where players would get stuck in a state where the pause menu would be blocked if they select a car for a co-op event as the host is cancelling the event.
  • Fixed an issue in route creator where attempting to view the map via the pause menu after placing a checkpoint could lead to the player getting stuck on a blank screen.
  • Fixed an issue in route creator in LEGO valley where the time of day and sky settings were not matching the creators settings.
  • Fixed an issue where seasonal Speed and Drift Zones were not displaying their full route on the map, or mini-map.
  • Fixed an issue where player Stats showed incorrect numbers for Horizon Stories and Businesses.
  • Various performance and stability improvements.

#52 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 12:25:06 PM(UTC)
"1996 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport" - tears of joy!
Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
#53 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 12:36:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
We all would prefer CR for duplicates but thats not how the game is structured. Again 750 is more than enough, because you dont wanna take a few mins to delete your duplicates is not PG's problem. Laziness seems to be contagious, these were probably the same people crying they had to re-apply all the skill points we got back. AND you know what I still have not spent all the points I got back. I have maybe 2000 left until I have to earn them again

There is no word for laziness that includes none required work, but the closest word is 'stupidity'.

I'd call stupid trying to play a game in a way that its not intended. IE saving up all these duplicates and then complaining that the developer should delete them for you. That indeed is STUPID! We agree
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 4 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 12:41:48 PM(UTC)
We all would prefer CR for duplicates but thats not how the game is structured. Again 750 is more than enough, because you dont wanna take a few mins to delete your duplicates is not PG's problem. Laziness seems to be contagious, these were probably the same people crying they had to re-apply all the skill points we got back. AND you know what I still have not spent all the points I got back. I have maybe 2000 left until I have to earn them again

Isn't the whole point of software development to automate away repetitive tasks so that humans can focus on the things that they do best?
 2 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 12:54:55 PM(UTC)

There is no word for laziness that includes none required work, but the closest word is 'stupidity'.

I'd call stupid trying to play a game in a way that its not intended. IE saving up all these duplicates and then complaining that the developer should delete them for you. That indeed is STUPID! We agree

Nobody has said that. Nobody wants the developer to delete that cars for us. We don't want to be given the cars that we already have, a simple piece of programming that was in Forza 3. It's always a sign that someone has lost an argument when they change the subject.
#56 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 1:16:55 PM(UTC)

Nobody has said that. Nobody wants the developer to delete that cars for us. We don't want to be given the cars that we already have, a simple piece of programming that was in Forza 3. It's always a sign that someone has lost an argument when they change the subject.

Even if they do go back to FH3 system. Who's gonna delete all the current duplicates other than you? FYI, I dont care about winning any silly argument. This is the internet, I live in the real world but okay you win. Anything else?

Edited by user Monday, July 1, 2019 1:32:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#57 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 1:43:39 PM(UTC)

Even if they do go back to FH3 system. Who's gonna delete all the current duplicates other than you? FYI, I dont care about winning any silly argument. This is the internet, I live in the real world but okay you win. Anything else?

Like I said it was a problem with the game... who's going to delete the problems with the game other than me? Me of course, that's why it's a problem with the game... it's the same as a leaky tap.

Edited by user Monday, July 1, 2019 1:45:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#58 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 1:46:38 PM(UTC)
So the Equilibrium Graph was on the whiteboard as not only a nod toward the Top Gear cars (87.2 as BabySeal pointed out), but also as a clue that an AH update is rolling out that will bring common players abilities to list cars at higher prices closer to legendary based on historic average sales of cars. For example, the more cars a legendary tuner/painter sells at 20M the more the non-legendary player can post a car for, as it brings the average sale cost of that car up. So if people want to be able to sell cars at 20M legendary prices, they need to just sit on their exclusive cars until the legendary players have brought the market price up to 20M, then everyone will be able to post for 20M.

The one drawback.... player's with small bank accounts will then be locked out of the sniping market.... and exclusive cars that everyone can sell for 20M will only go to the "Haves" and the "Have nots" will be.... "Have Nots".... this will be interesting to see roll out and see how this impacts the market. Not to mention that non-legendary macro bots, will now have the ability to post their sniped cars for 20M a pop without legendary status once the market prices rise to max....

Snips from the Discord chat here:

#59 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 5:14:24 AM(UTC)
Nowhere in the patch notes, posted above, does it say anything about an AH update.

Where did you get that information?
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#60 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 5:33:52 AM(UTC)
Tjoil is a Playground Games developer that interacts with us on the Forza Discord, the page in question being FH4 General.

JetPartySalad wrote:
AUCTION HOUSE CHANGES

The maximum possible Auction House prices for many cars will now fluctuate based on sales, up to a maximum of 20.000.000 CR. The system will monitor which cars sell quickly, and allow their maximum price to rise over time. The maximum price for cars that do not sell quickly will fall over time, to find an equilibrium. Legendary Painters will not be affected by this system, and will be able to set prices as before. We will monitor the impact of this feature on car prices and continue to respond to it.

https://support.forzamotorsport....ease-Notes-July-1st-2019

Edited by user Tuesday, July 2, 2019 10:05:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:37:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Nowhere in the patch notes, posted above, does it say anything about an AH update.

Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
Tjoil is a Playground Games developer that interacts with us on the Forza Discord, the page in question being FH4 General. The Season 11 release notes mentioned by Tjoil are not up on
https://support.forzamotorsport....e-Notes-and-Known-Issues
just yet.

Yes, the information is from the Forza Discord chat. Discord is a much faster way of getting information than this forum. Playground Games Developers and Turn 10 Employees are all in those chats and interact with users real time to answer questions, get feedback, just chat with players/users, etc. It is not the easiest place to search for specific information as if you are not in the live chat and watching the topics being discussed you can miss things and it will get buried in 100's or 1000's of lines of dialogue. There are typically 2,000-3,000 users online in the Forza Chat at any given time, about 5-8 Turn 10 Employees and 1-4 Playground Games Employees and about 5-10 Moderators. You can access the Forza Discord here: https://discordapp.com/invite/forza. They are also quicker with the ban hammers to get rid of trolls and such in the Discord channel.

But in anycase, I would assume T|oil who is Torben Ellert, Playground Games Developer was reviewing the draft Patch notes that are to be posted, and according to RetroKrystal the Series 11 update should be rolling out for everyone in a couple of hours (information via Discord). If you want to try to dig through the dialogue then you can search through the #fh4-general thread and look for the timestamps from yesterday which for me are PST (so you can convert to your local time and read the discussion yourself).

3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#62 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:56:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post

So wednesday like usual

It's rolling out on the 2nd July as mentioned. The 24hours refers to that everyone might not get the update prompt at once and therefore this may take a few hours to reach you.
Sarcasm won't really get you anywhere I'm afraid (nor make the update come quicker)
#63 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:14:15 AM(UTC)
Allready Wednesday July 3rd here lol
FORZA TIER 8 10530 Driving since August 2017
looking for mature ongoing players with mic to join team #AOS
facebook.com/vanninman twitter.com/vanninman1 twitch.tv/vanninman

#64 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:22:51 AM(UTC)

So wednesday like usual

It's rolling out on the 2nd July as mentioned. The 24hours refers to that everyone might not get the update prompt at once and therefore this may take a few hours to reach you.
Sarcasm won't really get you anywhere I'm afraid (nor make the update come quicker)

But sarcasm is fun and a great way to relieve tension. ;)

The best way to express the ETA for the update is IMHO that it will release ahead of the Series 11 changeover. Think of all the players that are truant because they're waiting for the update! :)

N.B.: The doodle in the teaser photo the was the Track-Tor, not the Rip Rod, right? Big rear wheels and so on.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:29:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Adding in the ultimate question

#65 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 8:09:42 AM(UTC)

So wednesday like usual

That girl in the show is RetroKrystal... I wasn't sure. She looks like a librarian in her XBox 360 avatar.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 2, 2019 8:10:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#66 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 8:52:37 AM(UTC)

So wednesday like usual

I hope Sarcasm was not about me concluding that starting 2nd + 24 hours of rolling = wednesday which is the day we experienced on previous releases. I don't see where any sarcasm could possibly hide here ...

#67 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 9:53:03 AM(UTC)
The update is live, by the way.

Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

JetPartySalad wrote:
AUCTION HOUSE CHANGES

The maximum possible Auction House prices for many cars will now fluctuate based on sales, up to a maximum of 20.000.000 CR. The system will monitor which cars sell quickly, and allow their maximum price to rise over time. The maximum price for cars that do not sell quickly will fall over time, to find an equilibrium. Legendary Painters will not be affected by this system, and will be able to set prices as before. We will monitor the impact of this feature on car prices and continue to respond to it.

https://support.forzamotorsport....ease-Notes-July-1st-2019

Edited by user Tuesday, July 2, 2019 10:03:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#68 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 2:05:32 AM(UTC)
How long has our income from the 3 Story "Businesses" been building towards the Story Star Card 2m Earnings requirement? If it is taking account of income prior to Series 11 then I doubt I'll ever see this star card or the 812. After many months of playing, I'm only at ~700k towards the requirement.

Edited by user Friday, July 5, 2019 2:10:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 2:24:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EnderOfSubris Go to Quoted Post
How long has our income from the 3 Story "Businesses" been building towards the Story Star Card 2m Earnings requirement? If it is taking account of income prior to Series 11 then I doubt I'll ever see this star card or the 812. After many months of playing, I'm only at ~700k towards the requirement.

It only started at the update that introduced star cards
Everyone will be at a similar level..apparently earning 30k per day you will get 2m in 56 days or something..someone else did the calculations..i couldnt care less
#70 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 2:51:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EnderOfSubris Go to Quoted Post

Yes 1 Million seems like a better target.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#71 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 4:45:32 AM(UTC)

So wednesday like usual

That girl in the show is RetroKrystal... I wasn't sure. She looks like a librarian in her XBox 360 avatar.

Don't think I've edited my Xbox avatar since I first made an account on Xbox.. However, yes, the female in the livestreams is me.
#72 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 5:38:41 AM(UTC)
Don't think I've edited my Xbox avatar since I first made an account on Xbox.

We could use some new avatars in these forums.
#73 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 1:57:16 AM(UTC)
No, this is like a perfectly preserved time capsule of OG 360 players.
#74 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 11:03:54 AM(UTC)
Alright now we're getting somewhere! I love seeing in-depth the things we can win. I guess i'll have to wait til after I install the update to see if my flair is finally working. KIDS! Do you see why you need to not be sitting at 750 cars?? We have like 6 or 7 new cars coming with this update. I'm excited for the top gear story

Errr that's a game problem, not a kids problem.

The first limit that got increased, was the games problem, 750 is more than enough. So we can agree to disagree.

So intensive work for having a 6 wheels vehicle but ... still no duplicate skipper for normal wheel spin ... those guys have a management of priority that is quite like 'all I ever did is perfect and should not be discussed'

we did a lot of fixes ... we eased the wall collision detection because ... damned I fear the worse for that update given the only because I can imagine is because we have kids here and we want them to enjoy bombing and ramming ...

What's cool is I can continue using creative hub to download my own tunes or report myself, I can continue tagging cars with snow drawing because of the filter display fail,I continue searching for tunes to delete because no filter allows to indicate tunes cars, I can continue going through the garage to delete duplicates because skipper is not there ... I guess it's now time to work hard on adding new lego cars everyone is requesting ...

FH4 brings unique management of seasons ... but not in Rivals, too complex guys, you can imagine that suddenly people would spend 4 times the time they already spend on the game ... terabytes needed to save car/race/season/class/time ... sure guys, you are the best, why would we question your supreme ...

Now you will see the rewards for all the upcoming levels for any feature but still don't know how to achieve next level of painter or tuner ...

Djinn mode for custom mode, you want more results, either they do it cleverly and allow players to choose only 1 criteria without forcing all the others OR they remove the choices letting players choose only the type of road .... Answer tomorrow ...

Djinn mode , you want some rare cars ... guess what we offer all these on races you can do at beginner level with rewind so that .... these are no longer rare cars ...

Hello rammers, we didn't miss you but here you are back, so fun, enjoy you can again push me in trees, out of track, use the walls to ease your turns ... so much more fun with you in the place ... if it isn't obvious that is sarcasm ... #RK ...

3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error