This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages<<567Prev
#151 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 4:00:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeyBarba Go to Quoted Post
Thank U Forza for your help.
YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Do you solve the problem?
I'm using machine translation. Can you understand it?
#152 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 4:42:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: liekkas0731 Go to Quoted Post
YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

No. Just being sarcastic.
They did not even answer. Neither here or on the ticket.
Almost 2 weeks by now.
#153 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 6:24:05 AM(UTC)
YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Almost 2 weeks by now.

Very disappointed with them
#154 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 9:02:39 AM(UTC)
PC or Xbox: PC
Moment the crash occurred: Crashes relating to the moment of "Pressing A to start"
Description: I've tried to reset "Forza horizon 4" from "App and feature". After that if I star the game without recovery my savefile game from cloud It works fine. If I recovery it Forza crash to desktop after press "ENTER" on my keybord!
One time only or multiple times: multiple
Ticket submitted #: 42564
#155 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 9:42:31 AM(UTC)
YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Almost 2 weeks by now.

Very disappointed with them

During all my gamer life > FORZA IS ONE OF THE WORST support team in game industry . Is it so difficult to reply ???? AND TELL anything bad/good ? They don't want even to make people calm and do something. Its unbelieveble . Thank you forza support for not doing nothing. Congrat ! Thank you for useless support tickets option . already left ( I think 3 different tickets ) in 2 weeks. Its my first game from FORZA and IM SURE that LAST ONE! NEVER buy anything from those people =)
#156 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 5:03:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Duchinio Go to Quoted Post

During all my gamer life > FORZA IS ONE OF THE WORST support team in game industry . Is it so difficult to reply ???? AND TELL anything bad/good ? They don't want even to make people calm and do something. Its unbelieveble . Thank you forza support for not doing nothing. Congrat ! Thank you for useless support tickets option . already left ( I think 3 different tickets ) in 2 weeks. Its my first game from FORZA and IM SURE that LAST ONE! NEVER buy anything from those people =)

From Horizon 3 to Horizon 4, I have always supported their games, because I can find solutions to problems arising from both games online. But this time there is no solution to my problem. I have submitted this question many times, but they do not answer it as they do not exist.

Edited by user Saturday, June 29, 2019 2:08:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#157 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 6:25:28 PM(UTC)
Crashing when you press A to start the game?

I have a probable solution for you if you do not mind starting with a new save. I have the same problem but have been waiting for official support (Ticket ID #42186) because I am not very excited to start the game over again with a new save. Basically, you reset the game offline, play a bit to create a new save, turn internet back on, and start the game again:

1. Disable internet on computer. Unplug cable, disconnect wireless, disable adapters, whatever you need to do.
2. Reset the game. Ctrl+i -> Apps-> Forza 4-> Advanced Options-> scroll down a bit, click Reset button
3. Still with no internet, start Forza 4 normally and dismiss the numbered error message
4. For me, the game starts in offline mode with a new save. Right from the very beginning of game.
5. Play for a while and run a couple races. You deserve it. You've been without FH4 for a while. I did like 5+ races.
6. Quit the game and re-enable your internet.
7. Start Forza 4.
8. Choose your new, local save over the old, cloud based one. WARNING: This likely overwrites old save**
9. Play the game online with your new save.

** For step 8, you can select "Choose next time" at the bottom of window to play online without overwriting your old cloud save. This is the option I took. I can confirm that I was presented with the same choice of selecting which save to use the next time I started the game.

Do not expect a quick resolution by entering a ticket. I have had one open for 4 days without an update from the support team. This is with me providing the above details about how I can get my game to work, basically showing that the save in the cloud is corrupted somehow. I just want to know if my old save can be rolled back or recovered and a timetable of when that may be. This way I can decide if it is worth it to wait for official assistance or resolve the issue myself. Ticket ID #42186

I also found the below quote in another thread titled "Crashed the game after falling through map, now I can't get back in." This is after I had already came to the same conclusion above:

Originally Posted by: CTPAX90 Go to Quoted Post
That what I got as an answer few days ago
Hello,

Can you please try the following things and try to sync your save after each one.
Please restart your PC then load your game to sync data.
Please try to manually update the game and any DLC using the Microsoft Store.
UWP Reset Application
Windows>Settings>Applications>title>Advanced Options>Reset
Follow the steps in this article.
https://support.forzamot...nd-Resuming-Windows-10-
Uninstall then reinstall the game and any DLC.

If you get the Invalid Profile error message after the above steps you may need the delete your save as it has become corrupted. To fix this issue please follow these steps based on your device. If you have to reset your save please let us know so we can provide compensation.

PC
1) Make sure your PC Offline Permissions is set to ON
Open the Microsoft store.
Click on your profile Image and then click settings.
Make sure your Offline Permissions is set to ON
2) Start the game, wait for the start screen.
3) Disconnect your PC from the internet.
4) Go to your Windows 10 Settings --> Storage --> Apps & games -->Forza Horizon 4 -->Advanced Options -->Select the "Reset" button.
5) Start playing for a few minutes to create a new local save
6) Connect back to the internet.

Thanks.

If the above is legit, then this may end up being a similar answer that most of us get for this issue. It will stink to lose all my progress, but if this is the ultimate answer, please let us know. Why have the customer wait this long to move on and continue to enjoy your game? Apparently I found the same resolution on my own, please just confirm whether I am losing my save or not and we can move on. Ticket ID #42186
#158 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 1:12:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tradognight Go to Quoted Post
Crashing when you press A to start the game?

I have a probable solution for you if you do not mind starting with a new save. I have the same problem but have been waiting for official support (Ticket ID #42186) because I am not very excited to start the game over again with a new save. Basically, you reset the game offline, play a bit to create a new save, turn internet back on, and start the game again:

1. Disable internet on computer. Unplug cable, disconnect wireless, disable adapters, whatever you need to do.
2. Reset the game. Ctrl+i -> Apps-> Forza 4-> Advanced Options-> scroll down a bit, click Reset button
3. Still with no internet, start Forza 4 normally and dismiss the numbered error message
4. For me, the game starts in offline mode with a new save. Right from the very beginning of game.
5. Play for a while and run a couple races. You deserve it. You've been without FH4 for a while. I did like 5+ races.
6. Quit the game and re-enable your internet.
7. Start Forza 4.
8. Choose your new, local save over the old, cloud based one. WARNING: This likely overwrites old save**
9. Play the game online with your new save.

** For step 8, you can select "Choose next time" at the bottom of window to play online without overwriting your old cloud save. This is the option I took. I can confirm that I was presented with the same choice of selecting which save to use the next time I started the game.

Do not expect a quick resolution by entering a ticket. I have had one open for 4 days without an update from the support team. This is with me providing the above details about how I can get my game to work, basically showing that the save in the cloud is corrupted somehow. I just want to know if my old save can be rolled back or recovered and a timetable of when that may be. This way I can decide if it is worth it to wait for official assistance or resolve the issue myself. Ticket ID #42186

I also found the below quote in another thread titled "Crashed the game after falling through map, now I can't get back in." This is after I had already came to the same conclusion above:

Originally Posted by: CTPAX90 Go to Quoted Post
That what I got as an answer few days ago
Hello,

Can you please try the following things and try to sync your save after each one.
Please restart your PC then load your game to sync data.
Please try to manually update the game and any DLC using the Microsoft Store.
UWP Reset Application
Windows>Settings>Applications>title>Advanced Options>Reset
Follow the steps in this article.
https://support.forzamot...nd-Resuming-Windows-10-
Uninstall then reinstall the game and any DLC.

If you get the Invalid Profile error message after the above steps you may need the delete your save as it has become corrupted. To fix this issue please follow these steps based on your device. If you have to reset your save please let us know so we can provide compensation.

PC
1) Make sure your PC Offline Permissions is set to ON
Open the Microsoft store.
Click on your profile Image and then click settings.
Make sure your Offline Permissions is set to ON
2) Start the game, wait for the start screen.
3) Disconnect your PC from the internet.
4) Go to your Windows 10 Settings --> Storage --> Apps & games -->Forza Horizon 4 -->Advanced Options -->Select the "Reset" button.
5) Start playing for a few minutes to create a new local save
6) Connect back to the internet.

Thanks.

If the above is legit, then this may end up being a similar answer that most of us get for this issue. It will stink to lose all my progress, but if this is the ultimate answer, please let us know. Why have the customer wait this long to move on and continue to enjoy your game? Apparently I found the same resolution on my own, please just confirm whether I am losing my save or not and we can move on. Ticket ID #42186

Any confirmation of this? I'm giving it a try. Fingers crossed.
#159 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 8:18:23 AM(UTC)
Considering all the posts under this topic I guess I am going to be in for a rough ride trying to get this game fixed. Does anyone know if there is a phone support number for Hoirzon 4? I created a ticket but based on what users are saying here, another method of communication may be better to attempt if it exists.

Has anyone found a solution beyond what has been posted already regarding running Forza Horizon 4 , the splash screen appearing, and it closing with no error message and the game not running? Does anyone know if there is a log file for Hoirzon 4?

Good luck everyone.
#160 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 11:06:28 AM(UTC)
I'm also having that bug with a car being stuck under the ground. Thus I'm unable to load my save. Ticket created, but still no info from support at all. I need my save to be recovered. Is it even possible? Can we finally get an answer on this matter? Please take a look at ticket #42547 and recover the save.
#161 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 4:48:56 PM(UTC)
It has been 7 days now with an open ticket #42186 for the CTD at start. No update in the ticket. No response here in the forums. I get that you guys are probably understaffed with this new influx of players via Game Pass, but this issue appears to have been around for months. These tickets should be easy to work with one of two options: Either a proven fix or the delivery of news that your save is gone and here are a bunch of wheel spins and a couple handful of supers to boot. Hire me, I will get these tickets moving for you.
#162 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:43:12 PM(UTC)
UPDATE:

When I got home from work today I backed up my local save, then tried resetting Forza again. The game synced my save and then it crashed again, so I just copied my local save back to the FH4 save directory. I went to start the game again, but it told me the game was updating. I received a 3.5 GB or so update from the MS Store. I had already backed up my local save so I just chose the old cloud save after starting the game and it worked this time.

I do not know if support intervened on the back end or the game update resolved the issue. Either way, I am playing right now with my old save.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 2, 2019 4:12:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#163 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 3:54:23 PM(UTC)
Hi guys
After the last update 11, this problem has been fixed for me.
#164 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 3:58:23 PM(UTC)
Hi guys
After the last update 11 , this problem has been fixed for me. I can play my save again.
#165 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:56:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tradognight Go to Quoted Post
UPDATE:

When I got home from work today I backed up my local save, then tried resetting Forza again. The game synced my save and then it crashed again, so I just copied my local save back to the FH4 save directory. I went to start the game again, but it told me the game was updating. I received a 3.5 GB or so update from the MS Store. I had already backed up my local save so I just chose the old cloud save after starting the game and it worked this time.

I do not know if support intervened on the back end or the game update resolved the issue. Either way, I am playing right now with my old save.

I have never saved a local archive. I have the same question. What should I do?
#166 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 6:57:22 AM(UTC)
It sounds like you may not need to backup your save first. I was just doing this because I had played quite a bit on a new save and did not want to lose my new progress, assuming that my old save was not going to work again. If you did want to backup your save, this should be your default location:

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SystemAppData

The wgs folder has your local save. Just copy the folder to another location.

Again, I do not think you need to do this. It appears that people who were having the CTD when pressing A to Start, are getting this resolved just by receiving the latest update. I was just not sure in my case if the other things I had done yesterday were attributing to the resolution of this issue.
#167 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 8:17:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForzaThanos21 Go to Quoted Post
Hi guys
After the last update 11 , this problem has been fixed for me. I can play my save again.

I still can't play games after updating top gear, and I'm still loading and archiving.
 1 user liked this post.
#168 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 1:33:18 AM(UTC)
FH4 is the only game that crashed on my system, randomly for no reason, no CPU overload, no GPU overload those were checked.

I highly suspect that lack of support on PC is a ruse to trick us to get new consoles ;o)
#169 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 2:22:52 AM(UTC)
On a 1080Ti and 17 7700k. Game used to run smooth as butter but now days sits at about 40 fps, making no difference between swapping 4k and 1080p. GPU usage sits at about 25%, as does CPU. It's like Forza refuses to use the resources.

Anyway, once the game loads up and I'm in, all sound cuts out, and all input stops. I have to alt+f4 the game, but then, it keeps my mouse unusable until I restart my PC. However when I shutdown my PC, it idles and refuses to shutdown properly until I hold the power button.

Forza is the only game/program that I have ever encountered that completely annihilates my PC consistently, breaking it even after it's closed.
#170 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 2:10:56 PM(UTC)
I'm having CTD everytime I start Forza for first time. It crashes on the loading screen (forza horizon 4 image with a car and a 4x4). Just at the end, it goes back to the desktop and nothing happens.

I have to reboot the PC for launch it. Alreyady filled a ticket, just wanted to know if I'm the only one. I have reinstalled it and it didn't solved the problem.

I'm thinking that can be related to start Logitech app and connecting the wheel before open the game, but that shouldn't be a problem.
#171 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 5:48:03 PM(UTC)
I'm also having crash to desktop on launch since a few weeks before even it starts rendering, everything up to date.
#172 Posted : Wednesday, July 31, 2019 6:31:45 PM(UTC)
PC or Xbox: PC, but it involves Xbox
Moment in which the crash occurred: The game crashes right as you are loading into the season event UI when you first boot the game up.
Description: I almost 100% positive it has something to do with an error retrieving the cloud save when you play on another system. I mainly play on my PC however, I some times play on my friends Xbox with my account. This has happened in the past before. Every time it has crashed like this, I was playing on the Xbox last.
One time only or multiple times: multiple times
7 Pages<<567Prev

Notification

Icon
Error