This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
52 Pages<<4445464748>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#1126 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 7:46:01 PM(UTC)
I hope everyone posting in this thread has lodged a support ticket to complain about the car sounds. PG won't be reading this thread (unless someone says a naughty word), and definitely not the devs.

Edited by user Sunday, June 2, 2019 7:47:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1127 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 10:24:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
I hope everyone posting in this thread has lodged a support ticket to complain about the car sounds. PG won't be reading this thread (unless someone says a naughty word), and definitely not the devs.

I have sent a few
#1128 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 2:55:00 AM(UTC)
Friend, one can always try. I've given up on this game for now. Playing FM7 in bits and pieces because the May update broke the game in many ways. Hopefully, they'll fix that and then I'll be playing it a lot more. FH4 is just not enjoyable with the current car audio design.
#1129 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 10:32:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Friend, one can always try. I've given up on this game for now. Playing FM7 in bits and pieces because the May update broke the game in many ways. Hopefully, they'll fix that and then I'll be playing it a lot more. FH4 is just not enjoyable with the current car audio design.

It is if you don't mind the slim selection of cars that actually feel right. Not a single mention of any audio fixes in this live stream either. Meh. Guess my EQ band-aid will have to do. :/
#1130 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 10:39:50 AM(UTC)
WOW WOW WOW! Rimac C_Two coming in update 10 and it hasn't got sound of F12 TDF V12!
Good job PG!
#1131 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 10:44:17 AM(UTC)
No engine sound update mentioned on the stream, as expected. And now I wonder what exactly the Audio team is doing during this period of time. It’s not like there are new sound on those upcoming cars. They just copy and paste on most of them.

Or they try to do a huge one like FM7? There are hopes but I guess they won’t
 2 users liked this post.
#1132 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 11:58:18 AM(UTC)
Surprisingly the generic Racing V8 transplant sounds reasonably ok (I'm not sure how accurate) but the generic Racing V12 transplant is unlistenable! I'd rather have the sound turned off than listen to that Commodore C-64 sound effect!
#1133 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 7:33:11 PM(UTC)
Surprisingly the generic Racing V8 transplant sounds reasonably ok (I'm not sure how accurate) but the generic Racing V12 transplant is unlistenable! I'd rather have the sound turned off than listen to that Commodore C-64 sound effect!

You mean the LS7? It's engineered well so I'll give them that, but accuracy it does not have. Feels nice in cockpit view tho. That's about it.
#1134 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 12:52:25 AM(UTC)
Live stream yesterday, not a single word regarding this topic.
But hey! at least we have some new badgets.
Wooptheduckingdo..
#1135 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 11:16:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JurunceNK Go to Quoted Post
The Mercedes V8s are very accurate as well.

I disagree there. The Mercedes V8s do not sound accurate to real life. I heard what a Mercedes V8 sounds like and video comparisons strikes this point home.

Frankly PG isn't going to listen to us anytime soon. They're too concerned with putting in things we never asked for, and making cars sound like how they wanted it (inaccurate - not faithful to their real life versions they're depicting). And they are just too damn stubborn!

This is sad, because when a manufacturer records sounds that are more true, it shows the lack of quality. I know they can do it, they just refuse to.

Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster (not in-game, but the AMG GT S has the same exhaust setup and layout. The AMG GT R is very close)

Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4-door Coupé

Ah. See, I don't use chase cams much at all. I'm a cockpit view player. Inside the AMGs sound very close to how they do in the POV vids I've watched on youtube. I'm going to make a list of everything that feels right in cockpit here soon. The major issue PG's sound team has is engineering. For some reason the majority of the cars have nearly all the bass cut out, and they're very mono. Almost no dynamic range.

I'm a cockpit player too, and still, they don't sound anywhere near real life. It's like Forza is allergic to real life car sounds...
Why are real-life factory car engine sounds better than in-game car engine sounds?
#1136 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 12:29:12 PM(UTC)
Bumper and bonnet cams sound the best. The Hoonigan RS200 is a car I'm enjoying driving currently due to the sound it makes. Sound makes all the difference!
#1137 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 1:24:11 PM(UTC)
The Mercedes V8s are very accurate as well.

I disagree there. The Mercedes V8s do not sound accurate to real life. I heard what a Mercedes V8 sounds like and video comparisons strikes this point home.

Frankly PG isn't going to listen to us anytime soon. They're too concerned with putting in things we never asked for, and making cars sound like how they wanted it (inaccurate - not faithful to their real life versions they're depicting). And they are just too damn stubborn!

This is sad, because when a manufacturer records sounds that are more true, it shows the lack of quality. I know they can do it, they just refuse to.

Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster (not in-game, but the AMG GT S has the same exhaust setup and layout. The AMG GT R is very close)

Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4-door Coupé

Ah. See, I don't use chase cams much at all. I'm a cockpit view player. Inside the AMGs sound very close to how they do in the POV vids I've watched on youtube. I'm going to make a list of everything that feels right in cockpit here soon. The major issue PG's sound team has is engineering. For some reason the majority of the cars have nearly all the bass cut out, and they're very mono. Almost no dynamic range.

I'm a cockpit player too, and still, they don't sound anywhere near real life. It's like Forza is allergic to real life car sounds...

They're a hell of a lot closer than they were in 3. I'll say that much. I don't think we're going to get 100% accurate any time soon so these are close enough for me to enjoy. I'm not excusing them for the plethora of cars that are far from being engineered well either so don't get it twisted.
#1138 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 1:41:10 PM(UTC)
Bumper and bonnet cams sound the best. The Hoonigan RS200 is a car I'm enjoying driving currently due to the sound it makes. Sound makes all the difference!

Those are the loudest, but I wouldn't say the best. That's too subjective. There are those of us who'll never use any view other than cockpit. It's very clear that the sound engine was rushed.
#1139 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 3:52:11 PM(UTC)

Those are the loudest, but I wouldn't say the best. That's too subjective. There are those of us who'll never use any view other than cockpit. It's very clear that the sound engine was rushed.

I'm surprised that bumper and bonnet cams are louder than the chase cams which are closer to the exhaust. Hmmm...

#1140 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 5:20:57 PM(UTC)

I'm surprised that bumper and bonnet cams are louder than the chase cams which are closer to the exhaust. Hmmm...

Well, to be fair the chase cams are quite far from the car. If you go to cockpit view, and look backwards the exhaust gets louder as it should as if you're right on the bumper. Doesn't happen with all cars, but there are some where this works. The Huracan is one that I know does this.
#1141 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 2:11:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BFGRupert Go to Quoted Post
The Apollo I.E. is a joke. Some leaks, then the big announcement and then you let people wait for it till the end of the season...just to squeeze in the generic V12 sound of FH4 - the LaFerrari sound, because every V12 sounds like a LaFerrari...

That's why I did the 7.2 racing V8 swap in my Apollo. It's not perfect but it sounds WAY better than the copied FKK/LaFerrari sound.
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
#1142 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 9:26:42 PM(UTC)
Can People in PG fix up those turbo V6s? why the Alfa sound more like an i6 than the RB and what the hell is wrong with the Ford GT, it sounds so low quality and loud. It's the only car I give up driving it
#1143 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 10:17:55 PM(UTC)

yes, I don't understand this at all! It was the other way around in all their older Horizon and Motorsport games - you would instantly hear the exhaust better and the car would sound louder as it should in chase view.

It's the opposite in F7 and H4.
#1144 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2019 6:20:44 AM(UTC)
For me C63S AMG with tune exhaust sound really good and my second car Audi RS4 B8 has quite good sound engine and exhasut too.
YOUTUBE CHANNEL WITH TEST DRIVE, DRAG RACES, OFF ROAD IN: FORZA HORIZON 4
#1145 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 8:00:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AutoMotoCritic Go to Quoted Post
For me C63S AMG with tune exhaust sound really good and my second car Audi RS4 B8 has quite good sound engine and exhasut too.

The tone may be right, but the engineering ( EQ and stereo imaging ) is not. That's the major issue with nearly every car in this game, engineering. Most do not sound remotely right on a surround system or any of my pro audio gear.
#1146 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 12:10:33 AM(UTC)
Everything is awesome, except the car sound development in this game...
#1147 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:10:51 AM(UTC)
One thing i dont get, is why the forza series has a lack of double clutch shift noise, general pops and bangs..
some cars do have slight pops and bangs in fh4 when you lift the throttle, but between gears alot of them are completely silent.

The m4 comp is one of the only cars i can think of, that has a great sound model. it pops and bangs, and you can hear the double clutch farts on every shift.

How can they miss this when they record theese cars??
#1148 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:04:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rikkejannick Go to Quoted Post
One thing i dont get, is why the forza series has a lack of double clutch shift noise, general pops and bangs..
some cars do have slight pops and bangs in fh4 when you lift the throttle, but between gears alot of them are completely silent.

The m4 comp is one of the only cars i can think of, that has a great sound model. it pops and bangs, and you can hear the double clutch farts on every shift.

How can they miss this when they record theese cars??

Sound is obviously not a priority.
#1149 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 6:33:57 AM(UTC)
Well, at least we got a Ferrari F40 update with the DLC. Only one I've heard tho. Don't think anything else has changed.
#1150 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 10:24:14 AM(UTC)
Well, at least we got a Ferrari F40 update with the DLC. Only one I've heard tho. Don't think anything else has changed.

Does it sound better?
52 Pages<<4445464748>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error