71 Pages<<4849505152>>PrevNext
 4 users liked this post.
#1226 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:51:54 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OG Zeka Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: iiTzepic scopez Go to Quoted Post
If you don’t like the expansion then don’t buy it, simple.
I think this is a great expansion especially the tracks, you can have some really good races and the brick collecting element is nice.

Can I refund my money from this expansion?
I preordered and payed for ultimate edition, not for mario kart ultimate.

Why would you preorder in the first place it if there is a risk that the expansions aren’t what you want?
 2 users liked this post.
#1227 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:54:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: d5aqoep Go to Quoted Post
Since I was OK with Game of Thrones Season 8, so I guess I should be OK with this Lego expansion.

After that admission I will now seriously question your judgement
#1228 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:57:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
It looks like trolling a bit. For instance, Lego stuff is useful like new Awesome radio. They told us we get some new songs...

It was said everywhere that the only song in Lego valley is everything is awesome. So where did you get that nugget of information?

I started playing with full songs. Then the songs were destroyed and somebody asked few months ago if we get new ones. We already got one awesome song and that's probably all :D At least no censorship there.
 1 user liked this post.
#1229 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 3:01:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blissed Away Go to Quoted Post
I decided to use an upgraded Lego Mini on online adventure back on the main island. Didn't think I'd do well but won several S1 dirt races with it. Couldn't handle the freeroam rushes though.

It is quick. Up to this point in the game I have despised Rally Monsters and can't seem to find the right car/tune to consistently win with when this class is in the weekly challenges. I ran 5 of the races yesterday with the Mini and easily won all 5 with AI set to Highly Skilled. Won very easily I might say. Can't wait to try it on the Mainland when Rally Monsters comes around again.
 16 users liked this post.
#1230 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 3:17:02 AM(UTC)
Reading through all these pages of dissatisfaction and anger, it's absolutely abysmal that PG haven't addressed these issues. It just reinforces what I said when the 'playlist' feature was added into this game, PG have an idea what fun is, and if you don't agree, BYE! LOL.

Never in all my days did I ever think that I would see forza's developers intentionally run their own franchise onto the ground, but it's quite clear that they care more about marketing deals and share holders more than the people who are spending actual money on their product.

I really feel sorry for Retro krystal and her team, it must be an absolute nightmare to try and act positive about all this.

But this whole thing is just the absolute pits, and they have absolutely No One to blame but themselves, I've sat here and watched month by month as they just whittle and whittle this game down till its just a anorexic shell of what it once was. And now they're actively destroying their own community too, its so sad to watch.

I will always have hope for this franchise but it's quite clear where their loyalties lie now. I would say I wish you all the best, but I really don't.

Guess I'll just wait till FM8 / FH5 now, cause this utter mess of a game is beyond redemption now.

Edited by user Saturday, June 15, 2019 2:19:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Grammar

User is suspended until 10/29/2046 6:54:44 AM(UTC)
#1231 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 3:18:34 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - User permanently banned - D]

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 6:57:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#1232 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 3:21:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ThanaJ Go to Quoted Post
Why would you preorder in the first place it if there is a risk that the expansions aren’t what you want?

Clearly not the guy you're replying to but the way I feel about this is that I got the UE Because PG used to deliver, they had the track record and earned my trust.
FH1, 2 and 3 all had awesome expansions with even more awesome content on them, and you could always be sure that even if you don't like the main theme of the expansion at least there would be 10 cars in there to make up for it, at least 2 or 3 of them would make you happy. That was my train of thought when I bought the game, I was planning to go for the Deluxe or whatever the one with the car pass is called, but for $20 more I'd get a car pack, vip AND two expansions that even if flopped would give me 15-20 new cars, it was a no brainer.
Then what we get with this? 3 block cars and a fourth one that is being drip fed god knows when.
 1 user liked this post.
#1233 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 3:30:48 AM(UTC)
Playground, you were the chosen one. And now you release an expansion with three cars? After an already disappointing car pass I thought that would be the least of our worries. Yes, the expansion pass was included in the ultimate edition this time. But at the same time you made the car pass worse and the expansions. Doesn't feel like I got the better end of this deal anymore. I am an AFOL and even I am disappointed by this expansion. There are not even any LEGO NPC cars driving around.
 2 users liked this post.
#1234 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 3:39:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: X1 Two Go to Quoted Post
There are not even any LEGO NPC cars driving around.

And real trees in Lego city. Why?

3 users liked this post.
#1235 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 3:47:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ThanaJ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OG Zeka Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: iiTzepic scopez Go to Quoted Post
If you don’t like the expansion then don’t buy it, simple.
I think this is a great expansion especially the tracks, you can have some really good races and the brick collecting element is nice.

Can I refund my money from this expansion?
I preordered and payed for ultimate edition, not for mario kart ultimate.

Are people who are saying “if you don’t like it don’t buy it” aware that people have bought the ultimate edition?
Also the precedent set by all the other expansions has been that at least 6, 7+ DLC cars come with the expansions, so I’m feeling pretty burned that there are only 3 lego cars and no real ones with this,
 3 users liked this post.
#1236 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 3:57:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ferverea one Go to Quoted Post
Reading through all these pages of dissatisfaction and anger, it's absolutely abysmal that PG haven't addressed these issues. It just reinforces what I said when the 'playlist' feature was added into this game, Pg have an idea what fun is, and if you don't agree, BYE! LOL.

Never in all my days did I ever think that I would see forza's developers intentionally run their franchise onto the ground, but it's quite clear they care more about marketing deals and share holders more than the people who are spending actual money on their product.

I really feel sorry for Retro krystal and her team, it must be an absolute nightmare to try and act positive about all this.

But this whole thing is just the absolute pits, and they have absolutely no one to blame but themselves, I've sat here and watched month by month has they jusy whittle and whittle this game down till its just a anorexic shell of what it was. And now they're actively destroying their own community too, its so sad to watch.

I will always have hope for this franchise but it's quite clear where their loyalties lie now. I would say I wish you all the best, but I really don't.

Guess I'll just wait till FM8 / FH5 now, cause this utter mess of a game is beyond redemption now.

You've put it perfectly. At this stage, I just want some acknowledgement that they got it wrong this time, it's more frustrating that I shared an article on here yesterday with Ralph Fulton saying how communicating with the fan base (good or bad) is highly important to them, yet here we are being ignored.
 2 users liked this post.
#1237 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:04:20 AM(UTC)
I just want to be the first to acknowledge that the LEGO Cars sound nothing like the Real World LEGO Cars. :)

Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
 6 users liked this post.
#1238 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:11:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LUKE3991 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ferverea one Go to Quoted Post
Reading through all these pages of dissatisfaction and anger, it's absolutely abysmal that PG haven't addressed these issues. It just reinforces what I said when the 'playlist' feature was added into this game, Pg have an idea what fun is, and if you don't agree, BYE! LOL.

Never in all my days did I ever think that I would see forza's developers intentionally run their franchise onto the ground, but it's quite clear they care more about marketing deals and share holders more than the people who are spending actual money on their product.

But this whole thing is just the absolute pits, and they have absolutely no one to blame but themselves, I've sat here and watched month by month has they jusy whittle and whittle this game down till its just a anorexic shell of what it was. And now they're actively destroying their own community too, its so sad to watch.

You've put it perfectly. At this stage, I just want some acknowledgement that they got it wrong this time, it's more frustrating that I shared an article on here yesterday with Ralph Fulton saying how communicating with the fan base (good or bad) is highly important to them, yet here we are being ignored.

It's politician-speak for pretending they care what we think or want, when in reality we exist to be milked, like cattle. That's how politicians see the public and it's how corporations see us too. They aren't our friend and they don't care what we want, except when it's time for our vote, or time to buy their products.

These days you can't even be safe waiting till a product is released to be sure you will like it, because they change the damn thing after you paid for it., and force you to keep the fundamentally changed product. There really ought to be a law against this but who makes the laws and for whose benefit? Yeah it isn't for ours.

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 4:14:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1239 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:22:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: d5aqoep Go to Quoted Post
Since I was OK with Game of Thrones Season 8, so I guess I should be OK with this Lego expansion.

After that admission I will now seriously question your judgement

No spoilers please I've only watched the 1st two episodes.

6 users liked this post.
#1240 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:24:03 AM(UTC)
To say I'm 'disappointed' is an understatement.

I only see a few good things with this expansion: The race track, where if you squint you don't really notice the LEGO elements. And some of the race routes are decent for S2998 Dirt racing.

The bad things though... the city center routes are far too tight and bumpy to be any use to me, many cross country tracks and certain dirt tracks have poor checkpoint placement which means if you're driving anything above A800 you need to slow down hard at certain points to avoid missing the checkpoints by a mile, as there are turbo ramps directly in front of those checkpoints. Alternatively, you'll go through the checkpoint and then fly right off the track as there's a bend right afterwards. At least one of these turbo ramps also intrudes on a drift zone, meaning if you use the full width of the road during your drift you'll clip the ramp and get sent flying right off the road and into the sky.

I've also run into numerous collision issues. I've had significant issues trying to grab collectibles, as my car would just phase through random objects - some of them included collectibles. Many challenges relying on environment destruction were impossible to complete as my car would phase through the relevant objects.

Even if you are a LEGO fan, all you get is three cars. You don't even get the barnfind, it'll be 'complete' at some point in the future when PG releases it to us in an update. So you get three cars, all of which are a LEGO version of existing in-game cars. The 'house' is built using pre-made segments, which you unlock as you progress. So for anyone hoping to do some LEGO building, this is not it. There's literally nothing here for a real car enthusiast, either, as unlike most expansions no real cars have been added. Not even one. Not even a Forza Edition of an existing car for some sort of completion award.

Now I'll also have to watch LEGO cars messing around on mainland and Fortune Island and honestly that's another downside to me - even if I opt out completely by uninstalling the expansion and never using LEGO cars myself, I'll have no choice but to watch them outside of LEGO Valley anyway.

Finally the... 'Goliath'. It's a sub 3 minute race in a quickly thrown together X999 LEGO Senna tune. I bet some of this community's better drivers, in a better tune, or a better car altogether, will bring this well below 2:30. That's a 'Goliath' for the LEGO expansion.

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 4:26:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#1241 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:25:16 AM(UTC)
Anybody remember how many pages the Hotwheels complaint thread got to? I was just wondering for comparison's sake.
 2 users liked this post.
#1242 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:30:35 AM(UTC)
I didn't like the sound of FH3 Hot Wheels, but when I started it quickly became very enjoyable. It was daft but done in a good way.
I hoped FH4 Lego would be the same, but 2/3 hours in I am bored. Really bored.
Feel free to add me on Xbox Live. Gamertag: The Novacat

2 users liked this post.
#1243 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:50:51 AM(UTC)
Anybody remember how many pages the Hotwheels complaint thread got to? I was just wondering for comparison's sake.

Odd thing is that I would have liked Hotwheels 2. Hot Wheels cars are good for painting too.

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 4:51:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1244 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:59:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hst12 Go to Quoted Post

No spoilers please I've only watched the 1st two episodes.

There's a fight and he gets stabbed with a sword.
#1245 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 5:01:16 AM(UTC)

I've tried using the search function but it just returns an error message.
#1246 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 5:03:08 AM(UTC)
I'm trying to minimize the presence of Lego in my game. What are the stock PI values of the new Lego cars? Thanks!
 2 users liked this post.
#1247 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 5:11:29 AM(UTC)
Ok, first impressions: It's basically Horizon with a LEGO skin. No surprise there. It's nice to have a change of scenery, and some new courses. But the complete lack of new cars was striking. Even new LEGO cars would have been something. Could they not get the auto manufacturers to sign off on any other cars in the Speed Champions line or something? One of them's another Ferrari, so they've at least got a foot in the door.

I did a Forzathon Live that started up in the desert with a speed trap and a speed zone. The Desert area seems a bit slick. I had a rally tune on my Renault Turbo FE, which is usually pretty good, and I'm familiar enough with it that I can drive it fairly well. But up in the desert, it slid around a lot. Maybe that's a good thing; new terrain, new coefficient of friction to tune for. There were only 4 or 5 people doing the Live event, and we struggled to hit the targets, and had less than 5 minutes left to finish. Then it took us to a danger sign in the city, where it took me a solid minute just to figure out where the ramp was. There were three or four times when I'd get a run-up to the thing, thinking I was going to get a good launch, only to hit an invisible wall or something and come to an abrupt stop at the bottom of the ramp. Rewind, do it again, and launch like I should have the first time. So clearly there are still some bugs that need to be ironed out.

I unlocked the first level of the house, and the Ferrari F-40. When you get the LEGO Ferrari F-40, you unlock a challenge to race it against the real one, and if you win, you get to keep it. I'd have to check, but I think the original F-40 was already in the game, and I might have already had it. If I did, then now I have two. If the same thing happens when you get the McLarren, then I know for a fact that I already have the original of that.

I've done mostly road races so far, and I swear, there were 4 or 5 of them that went along the same route, because even though I know for a fact I was doing a different race every time, they all seemed to look the same towards the end.

One thing that I will say, though, that the expansion has that the rest of the game is missing, is some kind of marker on which races you've won, and which ones you've merely completed. I played the original Forza Horizon quite a bit last weekend, and one thing that stood out was that I could easily see which races I'd actually won. On the mainland, and Fortune Island, it only seems to mark off races that are completed. Only street races and the big ones seem to have a requirement to actually win them, or any indication that you have.

After a couple of hours of play, I've driven 111/112 roads in the expansion. There's two things wrong with that.

1) Where the heck is that last road?
2) How is it that I'm this close to completing it after only the first couple of hours?

That's an achievement I usually get eventually with new maps, but not usually so soon out of the box. What usually happens is, after a few weeks (maybe a couple months with the main map), I decide that I'm close enough that I can go finish it off. But last night, I'm driving around in a Porsche for the weekly Forzathon, and the third bullet is to drive 20-some miles. So I look at the map, and notice that I'm pretty much almost done driving everywhere. I haven't even started driving the 20 some miles yet, mind you. I'm just looking at the map deciding where to drive. Between the intro and the handful of races I'd done, I had to finish off the race track, the city, and a few of the other sprawling branches, and that's it. When I'm that close to driving all roads on day 1, then maaaaaaybe your new map is a little on the small side

So I go on a sight-seeing tour, and look around the pirate ships and the light house. Which, even though the map says I'd already been there, I didn't at all remember. Every once in a while I see a string of bonus cubes, and sometimes I'm able to react fast enough to veer off and get some. I think Kira said in the voice over that you get a skills and influence bonus or something, but aside from that, and the eventual 500 achievement somewhere down the road, there's not much more of an indication why I'm going out of my way for these things. They're not like bonus boards that you have to go hunting for, and are eventually all collected. I don't know if they appear at random, or are in preset locations, but they just seem to be there, and later respawn when you smash them. But there doesn't seem to be any other point to them.

Also, there doesn't seem to be anything to do there besides look at them, or crash through them.

Obviously, there's been quite a bit of reaction to the expansion, (I mean, we're on page 50 now) ranging from disappointment to outright irrational anger. I think I've discovered the polar opposite of that. I've so far found the new expansion amusing, novel, but ultimately, a bit underwhelming. I'll still play it, and I'll probably get a bit deeper into it, and maybe revisit every once in a while. But I have a feeling I'll be meeting you all back on the mainland after a few days. I gotta go there anyway for the playlist, so...

And why, oh, why, did they decide that it would be a good idea to play "Everything is Awesome" on a loop forever? That song was good exactly once in its entire existence: the first time you hear it in the LEGO movie. Thematically, the lyrics tie into the plot at the beginning, when the protagonist is still bought into the ideology of the corporate oligarchy. "Everything is great when you're part of a team" because you're a meaningless cog in the corporate machine. It's perfect. It's fun, it's catchy, and sure, it's mass produced pop music, but that only fits in even better with it's place in the theme of the movie. The plot of the movie is supposed to be about breaking away from the corporate power structure, and awakening your creativity, which is obstensively the point of LEGO. Yes, there are instructions, and you can follow the instructions and build a house, or a car, or a robot, but you're not limited to that. You can be creative. Be different. Break away from the mould and do something new, and that's exactly why LEGO and Horizon should have theoretically gone so well together, and this expansion, despite the fan outrage could have been more. But LEGO, and by extension Horizon choosing this as a theme song, playing it excessively at E3 events, and somewhat jokingly making it the only song added to the game since launch, and the only song on an entire station only reinforces their heartless corporate mindset behind the creative façade.

I couldn't even make it through the song once. Supposedly, the DJs become unhinged after a while, which I would look forward to, especially Don Thompson, if I didn't have to become unhinged along with them. Hopefully we'll get extractions of the voice over performances some day, so that we can hear them without having to torture ourselves.

So, yeah. That went longer than I'd thought. I apparently have opinions.
#1248 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 5:12:19 AM(UTC)
Thanks Rayne... Any reason as to why there's seasonal stuff on the DLC if it's of no use?
 1 user liked this post.
#1249 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 5:17:02 AM(UTC)

56 pages
https://forums.forzamoto...s-Expansion-May-9.aspx?=
 2 users liked this post.
#1250 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 5:22:19 AM(UTC)
I tried playing it and all I can say is its gutted my enthusiasm for Forza. If you like it good for you but this feels like a super soaker expansion for Battlefield or Lincoln Logs for Red Dead Redemption.
Now I have to ask the question is this it for Horizon 4? Or are we going to have to wait for 2 years for Horizon 5? Cause I would gladly pay more money for quality car content and not advertisements for childrens toys.
71 Pages<<4849505152>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error