71 Pages<<4748495051>>PrevNext
#1201 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 11:43:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Berniev666 Go to Quoted Post
A quick question about the Lego expansion but when do you get the Lego McLaren Senna to unlock?

At 2600 bricks if I remember correctly.
#1202 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 12:01:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Berniev666 Go to Quoted Post
A quick question about the Lego expansion but when do you get the Lego McLaren Senna to unlock?

At 2600 bricks if I remember correctly.

Thanks Rayne, not long to go then, I just unlocked the Hype Business so have to race more!
 7 users liked this post.
#1203 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 12:01:42 AM(UTC)
Initial impression of lego valley.

Where's the wow factor? This place has got to be the dullest setting imaginable for what could have been an amazing lego world.

With hot wheels, there were huge awe-inspiring ramps that take you up into the sky. On fortune island, there was breathtaking mountainscapes and challenging roads.

With lego valley, we get more of what we already have, but with legos scattered around... The stunt area was laughable, I had more fun in San Francisco Rush's hidden stunt playground

Let's take a look on the web to see if we can get some ideas of what this expansion could have looked like.

Volcano

Pirate ships, done right.

A castle this with narrow streets racing to the top of the spire.

City

A city worth mentioning.

Beautiful vistas.

All in all, what a letdown.
 5 users liked this post.
#1204 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 12:22:36 AM(UTC)
This expansion has been really disappointing. Blizzard mountain bought snow and Hot Wheels bought ramps and huge jumps but this doesn't bring anything new to the game. This is just a generic Horizon game with a different map. Smashing through Lego is just like smashing through everything else in H4. I kept coming back to the H3 and even Fortune Island expansions to get all the achievements done but after 3 hours I'm done with this and I'm not even bothering getting the rest of the achievements.
 12 users liked this post.
#1205 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 12:30:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Slyck Tires Go to Quoted Post
Okay so spent an evening playing and (in no particular order)

1. It’s new content. You race you drift, you jump, you discover
2. There are bits that proper make you laugh
3. The F40 seems damn quick but not tried it in an adventure lobby yet
4. The cars look odd when raced in the mainland
5. There’s a speedway track
6. The routes are new and interesting
7. Feels like there’s more to do than on Fortune Island

Granted, it’s a bit childish but it is only a game at the end of the day and maybe we shouldn’t take things too seriously all the time. I wouldn’t have asked for Lego content but it’s here now and it’s far from making me want to uninstall the game. My thoughts would be that you should at least give it a try before slagging it off. Go on, embrace your inner child.

Point number 7. Fortune Island was a great addition it just lacks online adventure/drift adventure and proper rivals. The single player exhibitions always gets boring. Some of those routes are the best to be on a horizon game. The scenery is stunning. I just wish they could have made it twice or three times the size. They have the assets why didn't they just add a few big valleys and lakes with some twisty roads and trails around it to bump up the size. Nobody is going to moan if there is vast expanse of nothing if it means we get a bigger world with more roads.

For example the mainland. The north west of the map could have been expanded massively. You get to the highland area ( possibly the most beautiful environment in horizon to date) and it's just one mountain and a valley. Why not add some stuff on the other side? We just want to keep driving, epic roads and epic scenery. You drive in to the highlands and within a minute you're back out.

With horizon 3 they utilised every area properly and gave us the best alpine region we have seen. Horizon 2 I was disappointed they didn't venture up to the Alps but it was early in the series so it can be forgiven.

PG please listen we know you are a hugely talented group of guys. Horizon is the best open world racing franchise ever. Get rid of LEGO screens please at a bare minimum, I don't want that lighting up my living room. Then please remove Lego content from base game. Then please get on and make a huge Highland/North Coast 500/Hillclimbs/ road and rally expansion that people will genuinely look and say wow I'm excited for this, even if it takes 6 months. We just want awesome cars and awesome roads.
E30
 7 users liked this post.
#1206 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 12:30:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vodoo99 Go to Quoted Post
I have read the argument videogames are about fun and LEGO is fun. I think LEGO is fun - and I collect lots of LEGO. For others, Barbie is fun or Playmobil or Masters of the Universe action figures.

I think Playground found a new bussiness model for the XBOX console: Combining video games with fun brands without allowing players to choose.

So I would suggest that the new HALO gets a new DLC after 9 month, so that half of all enemies are replaced by Playmobil figures. Gears 5 gets a forced Barbie update, so even if you have not payed for it you will see Barbie with a purple chainsaw lollipop fighting against the horde in every loading screen. And last but not least their should be a new FM8 update after a year so all drivers are all of a sudden Masters of the Universe figures. This would be for free without giving you a choice to select race drivers - because toys are so much fun and videogames are about fun. To prepare these updates Microsoft should stop showing blood and violance in Halo and Gears to get E-ratings for small kids. And don't sing the word god!

I would have loved to have a LEGO racers game for kids as a stand alone game instead of mixing to games to one. What I don't understand: FH3 was the best rated open world racing game, for most magazines close to perfection. They had the formula, they had the perfect game. But after Blizzard Mountain (one of my Top-3-DLCs) every new idea from Playground Games sets rumors all over the internet and is hurting the reputation of Forza, T10 and Microsoft. Why are they still allowed to do these harmful decissions? And who is steering the ship again and again and again against every wall in sight? There was a long thread about better communication. This DLC feels like a huge offense against the playerbase. Is this the result of all the discussions about communication and playerbase expectations? Or is this Microsofts biggest experiment: How much will our players endure, how much will they forgive?

9 of 10 players in this thread aren't satisfiyed. I payed full prize for 11 Forza games and bought all DLCs, which means I spent around 1.200 €s. Is LEGO your way to find out if 6-years-old kids will pay more money then 40 years old gamers? Or have you sold FH4 to let LEGO transform it into an interactive commercial? I just try to understand what happend to a team being responsable for one of the best games ever made (FH3) and all of a sudden offending their playerbase regularly. I start being affraid of new annoncements by Mircosoft regarding games I like because I want to have an adult-Gears without Barbie.

Nothing more to say.
Best comment so far in this thread Top!

Yesterday - I think it was 23:14h I saw this s... Lego Ferrari for the first time cruising in the main map... It was... ;-(
I quitted the game and startet The Crew 2...

4 users liked this post.
#1207 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 12:35:47 AM(UTC)
My first reaction to the LEGO expansion announcement was [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] - my second reaction was "hmmmmm". Now that I've played it I LOVE IT. Honestly I think it is great FUN!

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 2:37:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1208 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 12:47:44 AM(UTC)
Well I played it because it it was included in the Ultimate version.. still don't find it interesting or fun (as car game fun). I have played Lego games and they usually are fun or semi-fun.. but then I bought them by choice, they were not force fed to me like this expansion.. Legos have no place in Forza games. (.. add avatar clothing, dance moves, "fun" horn sound and forced season changes to that list too..)
 2 users liked this post.
#1209 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 12:59:24 AM(UTC)
This guy reviews the Lego expansion and articulates what's wrong with it very nicely:
https://youtu.be/ENa_NykXH64
 7 users liked this post.
#1210 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 1:15:21 AM(UTC)
To those who think this is just business as usual and that we shouldn't be surprised; at least Hot Wheels is a car related product. This just feels like a pure product placement.- "Congrats everyone, in the much anticipated final expansion of FH4, you get to be in a children's toy ad!"

Still, it is not a total loss as the Lego Expansion offers some food for thought. Aren't these all just Children's toys? Whether it uses state of the art engineering, a gold lined engine bay, a monocoque Carbon Fiber cockpit or is constructed with plastic blocks by a clever 6 year old; these are the things of a child's dream. And these Plastic blocks juxtaposed next to virtual representations of the Mclaren F1, Porsche 918, Ferraris and Lamborghinis are every bit as quick as their Carbon, Steel and Titanium counterparts. Either this is an earnest effort to provide the Car Obsessed among us with a bit of perspective, or it is an injustice to those legendary badges who still allow Forza to make a dime with their name.

At the moment, it feels like there is one winner here. Lego. This does feel like a turning point in the series and only the future will tell if the expansion is of any consequence beyond that.

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 1:18:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#1211 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 1:26:24 AM(UTC)
I agree with every negative comment here.
I will definitely give 1 star rating for this forceful marketing placement.
I felt so stupid driving this mario kart simulation on a steering wheel. :(
 6 users liked this post.
#1212 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 1:27:06 AM(UTC)
Just add button to turn off lego stuff on mainland.

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 1:29:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1213 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 1:32:24 AM(UTC)
If you don’t like the expansion then don’t buy it, simple.
I think this is a great expansion especially the tracks, you can have some really good races and the brick collecting element is nice.
 2 users liked this post.
#1214 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 1:42:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: iiTzepic scopez Go to Quoted Post
I think this is a great expansion especially the tracks, you can have some really good races and the brick collecting element is nice.

I tried to enjoy it but I am not sure. It's normal good Horizon stuff with some intrusive things around. Like many said, what new is there? What great tracks? Brick collecting is another boring job-like stuff I hate on Horizon 4. Fortune Island was good for me, finding treasures was completely new. Brick stuff is 1000 Club again.

7 users liked this post.
#1215 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 1:45:45 AM(UTC)

You've clearly misjudged or ignored people's issues with this if you think it's that "simple"
 4 users liked this post.
#1216 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 1:48:05 AM(UTC)

Another genius who don't get it. We already paid for this nonsense. None of us critics would have bought it so the forced to unto us, stealing the place for a second real doc in the UE. And because of the low content on cars lego cars will steal the place for upcoming free cars

It's now Friday and there was no word from the devs about the critics and the backslash.

Hit up FB, hit up twitter, hit up the MS store, hit up Amazon and show them what the real player base thinks about it

I really fight with my words for nearly a week now because my real thoughts about this "expansion" and the people hyping it would get me banned from this forum
 7 users liked this post.
#1217 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 1:48:24 AM(UTC)

Can I refund my money from this expansion?
I preordered and payed for ultimate edition, not for mario kart ultimate.
#1218 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:08:22 AM(UTC)
So, where are the cars, besides the Mini Cooper?
Knowledge speaks; wisdom listens.
James Marshall Hendrix
 1 user liked this post.
#1219 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:12:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: shonuff1460 Go to Quoted Post
So, where are the cars, besides the Mini Cooper?

F40 Competizione at ~600 bricks collected and McLaren Senna at 2600.

And that's all what is offered currently. Very, very disappointing.

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 2:13:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1220 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:15:42 AM(UTC)
It looks like trolling a bit. For instance, Lego stuff is useful like new Awesome radio. They told us we get some new songs...
 1 user liked this post.
#1221 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:16:12 AM(UTC)
So my garage was full when I unlocked the LEGO Senna, now I don’t have it. Ummm, anyone know how I get that back??

Or how I open a ticket for that?

And on this expansion, the brick thing is kinda cool. They kinda fool you into believing you can design your own house. Then it kinda does get a little boring racing the same cars you would in the other islands.

Was kinda hoping they would make a third island that would link all three for a massive open world!!
 1 user liked this post.
#1222 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:29:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlackM4ngo Go to Quoted Post
So my garage was full when I unlocked the LEGO Senna, now I don’t have it. Ummm, anyone know how I get that back??

Or how I open a ticket for that?

And on this expansion, the brick thing is kinda cool. They kinda fool you into believing you can design your own house. Then it kinda does get a little boring racing the same cars you would in the other islands.

Was kinda hoping they would make a third island that would link all three for a massive open world!!

stickied at the top of the forum
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/
 5 users liked this post.
#1223 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:32:51 AM(UTC)

It's not simple when it's forced on you even when you didn't buy it.
 3 users liked this post.
#1224 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:36:58 AM(UTC)
Seriously? 3 LEGO cars and no new real cars added with this expansion? What a let down, lego map is OK, lego cars on main map is really dumb, regret buying the ultimate edition with this low effort kid themed 2nd expansion, who would have thought I bought forza horizon because I love real cars and at least mostly realistic driving
 1 user liked this post.
#1225 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:40:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
It looks like trolling a bit. For instance, Lego stuff is useful like new Awesome radio. They told us we get some new songs...

It was said everywhere that the only song in Lego valley is everything is awesome. So where did you get that nugget of information?
71 Pages<<4748495051>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error