71 Pages<<4445464748>>PrevNext
Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#1126 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 1:56:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dans79Vet Go to Quoted Post
Can you guys stop driving real cars in Lego valley, its ruining my immersion of the lego world.

Enjoyed the start of the expansion.
Did a bit of everything and thought they did a good job to capture and recreate the lego.
Nice racetrack area and plenty of good sweeping roads in freeroam. If your driving fast enough you dont notice the blocks.

Content doesnt come free someone has to pay. While you might be angry that “you paid for this” its marketing and business.
Legos money will be paying for other content that will be added later so hopefully you shouldnt need to.
Cheer up and enjoy its fun factor.


Most of the people here agree there is no fun factor to this, nor the rest of the game since the update. Everyone who has purchased a Horizon game has involuntarily funded this. Lego's money went into the pockets of the people who decided we would like this and ignore it when we prove otherwise.



Rank: Driver's License
 4 users liked this post.
#1127 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:02:25 PM(UTC)
Why are they selling a incomplete expansion? Only 3 cars, on stream they said future cars are coming later, the barn find car isn't available because we need to wait for an update

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:03:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#1128 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:13:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dans79Vet Go to Quoted Post
Can you guys stop driving real cars in Lego valley, its ruining my immersion of the lego world.

Enjoyed the start of the expansion.
Did a bit of everything and thought they did a good job to capture and recreate the lego.
Nice racetrack area and plenty of good sweeping roads in freeroam. If your driving fast enough you dont notice the blocks.

Content doesnt come free someone has to pay. While you might be angry that “you paid for this” its marketing and business.
Legos money will be paying for other content that will be added later so hopefully you shouldnt need to.
Cheer up and enjoy its fun factor.


It's the same thing. I wouldn't like to see real cars in Legoland, and I wouldn't like to see Lego cars on the mainland. I don't see why the Senna can't become a real Senna, and the Mini becomes the real mini. Just swap the models during the loading screens.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1129 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:14:45 PM(UTC)
I use the LEGO Ferrari and I don’t ever drive like some kid, I’m decent at trials and season games, and LEGO cars just remind me of my childhood, so not everyone driving their LEGO Senna or Ferrari is gonna have horrendous driving skills because they use a toy car in forza

Also the ramming wall riding 8-10 year olds are already in forza, so I’m kinda surprised everyone thinks a LEGO Ferrari is gonna add them


lol go hate on my comment idc I just wanted to say my opinion
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 12 users liked this post.
#1130 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:16:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: smoothroller Go to Quoted Post
I have no issue with this expansion being Lego-themed; video gaming is supposed to be about fun, and as fr as I'm concerned, this is. And anyone angry that "it's not realistic enough" should really check themselves; after all, this is Horizon and any "reality" issues pretty much went the way of the dodo ever since we started performing stunt jumps in million-dollar hyper- and megacars. You're mad because Lego isn't real enough? Really? I mean jeez, in the real world, it's more likely little Lego cars would be doing stuff like this more than any actual super- or hyper- or megacar. Same goes for the Hot Wheels Expansion last time 'round.

My issue is just that far as I'm concerned, three cars isn't enough for a full expansion. There are so many cool Speed Champions cars -- classic Mustang, 488 GTE (lol -- the most requested car here, I think!), Camaros both old and new, classic Charger, F-150 Raptor -- that I would have liked to see more of that here. Otherwise, I think it's cool and I'll go play FM7 in the meantime for some "reality".



So no problem for you, if CGI Lego cars show up in the next Fast & Furious title as well? Or the bad guy is a LEGO dude?
Or the next Star Wars movie has LEGO Star Destroyers in it? Maybe "real" Tie Fighters vs Lego XWings? Because after all, those movies are not realistic either.

Or how about Game of Thrones LEGO dragons?

So as you can see, either enjoy thinking about LEGO dudes and ships and dragons in everything you watch that is not 100% realistic (which might be 99,99999% of all television), or stop that brainless and stupid argument.

It might be impossible to believe, but some people like immersion, and 2 completely clashing graphic styles are not really immersive.

Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1131 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:18:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SidedCircle245 Go to Quoted Post
Honestly I like the idea it's a change from the realistic side of forza an so what if you dont like it dont buy it. An your just one of probably a small group who are butt hurt by this. The game is still out theres still plenty of time for new tracks or maps to come out. Oh no they came out with Lego cars/map maybe someone can get this person a lego wambulence lol. Your prob gonna get owned by a Lego Ferrari in a race an start complaining so more lol.



You say don't buy it if we don't like it...... many of us that are complaining actually bought this nearly a year ago..... and we are not a small group... we are the forza faithful that put the first orders in for horizon 4.... many of us have been with horizon from day one.... but they don't care about us where this dlc is concerned, only caring about lining their pockets knowing that they will get a lot of separate sales from newbies who probably never played a previous installment of horizon. I played hot wheels for 5 min and this I will not even touch. Bottom line is they have taken money from faithful forza players and given us something they knew most of us wouldn't like and will never play.

As much as I want an expansion 3 (along the lines of the base game that we paid for and enjoy and expect to see as dlc) I will be furious that I would have to stump.up more cash whilst having a useless Lego expansion sitting on my console never to be played.
E30
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1132 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:21:45 PM(UTC)
Only three cars whose real-life counterparts are already in the base game is a big letdown.
The Mini being the most interesting due to the 8-speed gearbox and rally style.
The F40 probably has the biggest turbo lack I've ever seen - not very fun to drive. It also has no adjustable brakes which is a no-go for a >S2 car.
The Senna is just the Senna.

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:38:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1133 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:21:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: capimeeen Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KWTruckerT600 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Perfect Dark 51 Go to Quoted Post
Only 3 cars added in this expansion. The lego F40, Senna, and mini.


Why is everyone crying about LEGO cars on mainland because it’s only 3 cars! And there’s way more hot wheels than LEGO cars, so what’s the big deal with this “block the LEGO cars on mainland” stuff?

If you see a LEGO car, deal with it, god!


It has been explained SO many times, and you still have to ask?

LEGO cars does not fit in with realistic looking cars.

Hot Wheels cars and Quartz Regalia gets a pass because they aren't built of LEGO. They look like they're built of same "materials" as a real life car.


Any realism in forza horizon was out the window since the beginning, because who actually does massive jumps in a million dollar super car for fun, and it’s also just a game, the creator can make it as realistic or cartoony as they want

True, I’d be upset if LEGO cars were everywhere in reality, but since it’s a game it should be fine, also LEGO cars have identical specs to their real counterparts so it’s basically a regular car but blocky

Rank: Driver's Permit
#1134 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:22:55 PM(UTC)
How do cars unlock on the LEGO Speed Champions DLC?
Rank: Racing Permit
 4 users liked this post.
#1135 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:25:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LUKE3991 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I don't have the DLC, but after the base game update I now have Lego loading screens to replace the old ones.


You'll also find Lego cars in the main game and Lego rewards for completing things.


Yep the references are all over the place now.

Thanks Playground Games.

And by thanks I mean something else.


Yep should have guessed, cringy Lego loading screens all over the place. It feels like I'm actually going to choke on a piece of Lego it's being rammed down our throats so much...

E30
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1136 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:28:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post

So no problem for you, if CGI Lego cars show up in the next Fast & Furious title as well? Or the bad guy is a LEGO dude?
Or the next Star Wars movie has LEGO Star Destroyers in it? Maybe "real" Tie Fighters vs Lego XWings? Because after all, those movies are not realistic either.

Or how about Game of Thrones LEGO dragons?

So as you can see, either enjoy thinking about LEGO dudes and ships and dragons in everything you watch that is not 100% realistic (which might be 99,99999% of all television), or stop that brainless and stupid argument.

It might be impossible to believe, but some people like immersion, and 2 completely clashing graphic styles are not really immersive.



Bro, Forza Horizon is a game, everything else you listed are shows or movies. Pretty big difference. Forza isn’t trying to tell some story like tv/film that requires immersion, it’s about driving around and doing jumps and crashing into into things in cars we can never afford. It’s not even a serious game world to start with. That’s what forza Motorsport is for.

Anyway, I bet you bottom dollar PG will be looking to add a switch in settings to disable seeing LEGO cars on mainland to appease the forum. Just wait a couple updates.
Rank: Racing Permit
 5 users liked this post.
#1137 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:29:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
OK, thanks! It looks strange. Because DLC is normal Britain with some Lego parts and nothing else. So I don't see the reason for Lego at all.


From the moment it was announced that Expansion 2 was Lego Valley, I have been trying to picture the face of the art director at PGG when HE heard the news for the first time. (I assume that Lego was the work of the Sales/Marketing crew).

To think of the hours, and hours, he and his team, had put into artfully creating as "realistic" an environment as he could, pushing the visual capabilities of the xBox to its limits. In most of the preview streams, we heard (and saw for ourselves) the level of detail being rendered. I vividly remember him describing the effort that went into making the leaves move in the wind. And not just the same leaf motion repeated thousands of time, no, they were nearly individual leaves.

Now, he has to create an all new, Lego-based world for Expansion 2.

"Sorry, say what now?"

"Expansion 2 is the detailed world with some Lego elements thrown in?"

He has my sympathy, if this scenario is accurate. If it's not, then..........

Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1138 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:31:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Prime y0 Go to Quoted Post
Why are they selling a incomplete expansion? Only 3 cars, on stream they said future cars are coming later, the barn find car isn't available because we need to wait for an update


They likely thought it would get people to hang around and play it more if "new" stuff was coming in the future.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1139 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:31:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KWTruckerT600 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: capimeeen Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KWTruckerT600 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Perfect Dark 51 Go to Quoted Post
Only 3 cars added in this expansion. The lego F40, Senna, and mini.


Why is everyone crying about LEGO cars on mainland because it’s only 3 cars! And there’s way more hot wheels than LEGO cars, so what’s the big deal with this “block the LEGO cars on mainland” stuff?

If you see a LEGO car, deal with it, god!


It has been explained SO many times, and you still have to ask?

LEGO cars does not fit in with realistic looking cars.

Hot Wheels cars and Quartz Regalia gets a pass because they aren't built of LEGO. They look like they're built of same "materials" as a real life car.


Any realism in forza horizon was out the window since the beginning, because who actually does massive jumps in a million dollar super car for fun, and it’s also just a game, the creator can make it as realistic or cartoony as they want

True, I’d be upset if LEGO cars were everywhere in reality, but since it’s a game it should be fine, also LEGO cars have identical specs to their real counterparts so it’s basically a regular car but blocky



What has jumping got to do with graphical realism? The creator can make it anyhow they want, and the players can complain about it if they want.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#1140 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:32:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: E30GrrR Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LUKE3991 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I don't have the DLC, but after the base game update I now have Lego loading screens to replace the old ones.


You'll also find Lego cars in the main game and Lego rewards for completing things.


Yep the references are all over the place now.

Thanks Playground Games.

And by thanks I mean something else.


Yep should have guessed, cringy Lego loading screens all over the place. It feels like I'm actually going to choke on a piece of Lego it's being rammed down our throats so much...



I was a bit surprised when my game turned into a kiddy game.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1141 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:34:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KWTruckerT600 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: capimeeen Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KWTruckerT600 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Perfect Dark 51 Go to Quoted Post
Only 3 cars added in this expansion. The lego F40, Senna, and mini.


Why is everyone crying about LEGO cars on mainland because it’s only 3 cars! And there’s way more hot wheels than LEGO cars, so what’s the big deal with this “block the LEGO cars on mainland” stuff?

If you see a LEGO car, deal with it, god!


It has been explained SO many times, and you still have to ask?

LEGO cars does not fit in with realistic looking cars.

Hot Wheels cars and Quartz Regalia gets a pass because they aren't built of LEGO. They look like they're built of same "materials" as a real life car.


Any realism in forza horizon was out the window since the beginning, because who actually does massive jumps in a million dollar super car for fun, and it’s also just a game, the creator can make it as realistic or cartoony as they want

True, I’d be upset if LEGO cars were everywhere in reality, but since it’s a game it should be fine, also LEGO cars have identical specs to their real counterparts so it’s basically a regular car but blocky



Way to miss the point.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1142 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:34:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: by Dixstroyer Go to Quoted Post
How do cars unlock on the LEGO Speed Champions DLC?


You get the mini from the start. The Ferrari is for getting like 800 or something bricks by doing the challenges and the lego Senna is 2,600 bricks.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 5 users liked this post.
#1143 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:36:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
It’s not even a serious game world to start with. That’s what forza Motorsport is for.


Go to Motorsport they said. That's where the real racing is they said. Second or third event in the campaign is bowling in a limo… Anybody else want to keep saying this? lol…

Rank: Driver's Permit
#1144 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:36:31 PM(UTC)
wait people are playing the expansion? for some reason its not available for me and i own it =(
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 15 users liked this post.
#1145 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:40:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KWTruckerT600 Go to Quoted Post


Any realism in forza horizon was out the window since the beginning, because who actually does massive jumps in a million dollar super car for fun, and it’s also just a game, the creator can make it as realistic or cartoony as they want

True, I’d be upset if LEGO cars were everywhere in reality, but since it’s a game it should be fine, also LEGO cars have identical specs to their real counterparts so it’s basically a regular car but blocky



I've avoided addressing all the shills on this topic, but why is the thing about jumping the one thing you morons always bring up to back up your argument that Horizon is this crazy unrealistic game. We've got the most realistic and beautiful environment in any racing game to date, we have, for the most part, some of the most realistically modeled cars, we have physics, while not sim quality, are grounded in reality. But because some kids like to take their cars off huge jumps that suddenly means that some children's toys totally fit within the game world of Horizon. Awesome logic.

I have 30 days and 18 hours of playtime. I won't touch the expansion, but if my base game is completely ruined by the LEGO garbage I'm done.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1146 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:41:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: E30GrrR Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LUKE3991 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I don't have the DLC, but after the base game update I now have Lego loading screens to replace the old ones.


You'll also find Lego cars in the main game and Lego rewards for completing things.


Yep the references are all over the place now.

Thanks Playground Games.

And by thanks I mean something else.


Yep should have guessed, cringy Lego loading screens all over the place. It feels like I'm actually going to choke on a piece of Lego it's being rammed down our throats so much...



Do you realize Playgroud Games puts new loading screens with every new expansion update? No reason why they wouldn’t this time. I was onboard with the hate train but you guys love to whine. It’s pretty funny actually. It’s only a video game, and it looks like we’ll be getting a third expansion too. No need to whine like little kids, which this expansion is supposedly made for.
Rank: Racing Permit
 8 users liked this post.
#1147 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:43:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KWTruckerT600 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: capimeeen Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KWTruckerT600 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Perfect Dark 51 Go to Quoted Post
Only 3 cars added in this expansion. The lego F40, Senna, and mini.


Why is everyone crying about LEGO cars on mainland because it’s only 3 cars! And there’s way more hot wheels than LEGO cars, so what’s the big deal with this “block the LEGO cars on mainland” stuff?

If you see a LEGO car, deal with it, god!


It has been explained SO many times, and you still have to ask?

LEGO cars does not fit in with realistic looking cars.

Hot Wheels cars and Quartz Regalia gets a pass because they aren't built of LEGO. They look like they're built of same "materials" as a real life car.


Any realism in forza horizon was out the window since the beginning, because who actually does massive jumps in a million dollar super car for fun, and it’s also just a game, the creator can make it as realistic or cartoony as they want

True, I’d be upset if LEGO cars were everywhere in reality, but since it’s a game it should be fine, also LEGO cars have identical specs to their real counterparts so it’s basically a regular car but blocky



Speaking for myself, and I think many others as well, we draw a distinction between the "physical realism" of the car's behaviors/capabilities, and the visual realism of the cars, within the visual realism of the open world. From this (visual) perspective, the HW cars and the QR car at least appear (visually) to match their surroundings (other cars and the open world itself). It is this visual realism that is damaged with the Lego cars.

Rank: Driver's Permit
#1148 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:47:40 PM(UTC)
same i just install mines but there no access point at the railyard
Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#1149 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:47:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NotSoAn0nym0us Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: E30GrrR Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LUKE3991 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I don't have the DLC, but after the base game update I now have Lego loading screens to replace the old ones.


You'll also find Lego cars in the main game and Lego rewards for completing things.


Yep the references are all over the place now.

Thanks Playground Games.

And by thanks I mean something else.


Yep should have guessed, cringy Lego loading screens all over the place. It feels like I'm actually going to choke on a piece of Lego it's being rammed down our throats so much...



Do you realize Playgroud Games puts new loading screens with every new expansion update? No reason why they wouldn’t this time. I was onboard with the hate train but you guys love to whine. It’s pretty funny actually. It’s only a video game, and it looks like we’ll be getting a third expansion too. No need to whine like little kids, which this expansion is supposedly made for.


What basis do you have for believing there will be a third expansion?

Rank: Racing Permit
 4 users liked this post.
#1150 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:48:04 PM(UTC)
/snip/

Do you realize Playground Games puts new loading screens with every new expansion update? No reason why they wouldn’t this time. I was onboard with the hate train but you guys love to whine. It’s pretty funny actually. It’s only a video game, and it looks like we’ll be getting a third expansion too. No need to whine like little kids, which this expansion is supposedly made for.
[/quote]

Do you realize that, based on past behavior from PGG, the 3rd expansion will also have Lego cars in it, regardless of its' own new location?

Lego cars will be like roaches - once in, never out. There is no escape.

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:49:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

71 Pages<<4445464748>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error