71 Pages<<3738394041>>PrevNext
 7 users liked this post.
#951 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:33:49 PM(UTC)
We don't have to wait until it launches. The concept itself is so stupid that no experience is needed

If they don't explain themself this week every credibility is gone. Some of you will argue that our critic and resistance will be wasted against a huge company.

So thought the people who create Fallout 76, the Solo Star Wars movie, the new Ghostbusters movie etc.......it will hurt them

Honestly. The people who defend this dlc with a shill passion here are the same kind of people who are partly responsible for The last Jedi, Star Trek Discovery etc

You swallow everything because it's so new, fresh, unexpected, funny or whatever

The only thing you manage is to drive once great franchises in the ground
 5 users liked this post.
#952 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:34:04 PM(UTC)
I think they really should released the DLC as a stand alone game/DLC. Personally, i think the DLC will be fun. LEGO was a huge part of my childhood and i think the idea of a LEGO DLC is pretty cool.
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]. Many people bought the Ultimate Edition because they thought they will get two "real" DLCs. So i really can understand the disappointment of people who are just not interested in this LEGO add on.
Overall PG should have just released the LEGO DLC alone and create another "real" DLC for the Ultimate Edition/Expansion Pass. So everybody would be happy. Now at least the half of the community is pretty mad and PG will probaly lose a lot of loyal fans.

Edited by user Thursday, June 27, 2019 1:22:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#953 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:35:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OneTonSoap Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ST0RM HAWK 89 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone know if they've commented on the negative response to the garbage expanision yet? i haven't seen a comment from RetroKrystal or any replies on their Twitter. I'm guessing they're hoping the storm will pass and players will forget.

Now we all know why they dind't want to talk or answer questions about the new expansion on the series 9 amd 10 livestreams. I'm pretty sure they still won't want to talk about it on the series 11 live stream as well, unless it's some made up garbage about how successfull this expansion is.

And no wonder they say allready that rivals are coming so that people who dont care abaout LEGO cars would stay because rivals are coming back.

And after almost of year of everyone's complaints about wall riding and ramming in online adventures being ignored, all of a sudden, PG decides they want to try and fix the problem.

I thought it was a good move when they introduced those changes. A bit on the late side perhaps, but still a good move. Now however, I start to wonder the timing of those improvements. As if PG knew this expansion was going to create a backlash and the ramming was going to get worse… especially towards people who dare to use their Lego cars in online adventures on the main land.

I somehow wish they left everything as it was. The ramming in online races was annoying to say the least. But now it looks like being able to ram those Lego toys into oblivion wold have been very satisfying.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:35:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#954 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:35:51 PM(UTC)
Just FYI:
Quote:
LEGO® Speed Champions children’s toys feature authentic, realistic, buildable cars from iconic brands.

key words: CHILDREN'S TOYS, AUTHENTIC, REALISTIC
now compare set of 200ish blocks to LEGO Technic with 2000ish, someone linked Chiron 1:1, and guess what? it's LEGO Technic not Speed Champions
and now you have this:
Quote:
Who better to ask how close our model gets to the real Porsche 911 RSR, than a professional Porsche driver? [...] LEGO Technic is always about awesome models, advanced functions and building for real

so instead of super realistic LEGO cars, we get far from realistic bunch of blocks for kids

gratz, you played yourselves
 3 users liked this post.
#955 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:38:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CordedQuill42 Go to Quoted Post
Great, this is worse than the forum on Halo Waypoint when the Master Chief Collection launched.

There are too many people jumping to conclusions over something that they don't want. We need to wait until launch before we judge, otherwise we will look more toxic than Call of Duty and Battlefield ever was. Understand that I have seen much worse on the Halo Waypoint forum.

I just wanted to post my opinion on this as I personally like the expansion at first.

Preach bro
https://www.forzamotorsp.../en-US/gallery/Hooptyroo
All designs are available as full kits and individual pieces.
 5 users liked this post.
#956 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:40:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FEAR FACTORY 77 Go to Quoted Post
Thread with 116 pages car wish list...... and we get now this...

Now incan understand why Toyota is not included...
Guess they knew about this plan and didn't wanted to ruin their reputation.

That ranks right up there on the ridiculous scale, even for this thread.
 1 user liked this post.
#957 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:42:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ST0RM HAWK 89 Go to Quoted Post

Sure we don't have to play it but it's not going to stop drivatars or other players online from using them is it. No one cares about stunt jumps etc being unrealistic, they care about the cars being realistic and fitting in with the world around them. If you tried to drive a car made of LEGO it would shake apart from the engine vibration, it would also have awful fuel economy due to being as aerodynamic as a house brick.

Putting aside that I'm pretty sure I've seen driveable LEGO vehicles, many of the cars in game would realistically get destroyed driving across/through the terrain. And a few of them are essentially brick shaped. It doesn't seem to be about realism. It seems more like some people are so hung up on projecting an image of "maturity" that they can't stand the fact that they might see something in-game that reminds them that video games are essentially toys and they like to play with toys. Bless their pea-pickin' hearts.

Well if they looked like that full scale chiron or senna it would make some sense, but come on...those crappy models PG came up with is silly at best.
 4 users liked this post.
#958 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:47:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lolmannlol Go to Quoted Post
I think they really should released the DLC as a stand alone game/DLC. Personally, i think the DLC will be fun. LEGO was a huge part of my childhood and i think the idea of a LEGO DLC is pretty cool.
But on the other hand i can understand the **** in this forum and in the social networks. Many people bought the Ultimate Edition because they thought they will get two "real" DLCs. So i really can understand the disappointment of people who are just not interested in this LEGO add on.
Overall PG should have just released the LEGO DLC alone and create another "real" DLC for the Ultimate Edition/Expansion Pass. So everybody would be happy. Now at least the half of the community is pretty mad and PG will probaly lose a lot of loyal fans.

Preach it. Its exactly like this. Do what you want with your glorified Lego Ad but do it in a separate solo game
 1 user liked this post.
#959 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:15:38 PM(UTC)
nvm it comes out tomorrow hahahaha

Edited by user Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:26:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#960 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:25:56 PM(UTC)
im just here for saying thx playgrounds! ive played all forza games since motorsport 2. i was a huge fan of it and bought the xbox consoles just for this games. it was a great time with your games. but in the last 1 or 2 yrs it bored me more and more. always copy and paste. nearly 0 usefull features, just a drift cam,offset and a anti wallriding system, for me <3 ...that wasnt enough and comes 2 yrs to late. if i compare it with other racegames on pc. there wasnt a park house until today in forza. i will never understand why not. no bigger city, the maps are always to small for a community who wanted to meet and cruise the most time. we had no window stickers until now, wrong bodyparts on a few cars which doesnt match together, no special colors as layer color. these are just examples. there was so much potential... forzathon could be a great thing too btw. but its just a half thing that bored the most gamers after a few weeks. i was rly angry about that things. but now im not more angry about it. i realized now that playground wont listen to the core community after the lego dlc announcement. but thats ok now. i say thx guys for the long time of fun i had in forza.
 10 users liked this post.
#961 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:42:58 PM(UTC)
I might be in the minority here but i am looking forward to the expansion. i build LEGO i race in FORZA = WINNER WINNER for me.

The funniest thing will be when LEGO cars start driving around the main map and people lose there minds over it lol.
 12 users liked this post.
#962 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:54:19 PM(UTC)
seems most defenders of this appalling expansion play children's lego games allready .

Edited by user Wednesday, June 12, 2019 3:03:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FORZA TIER 8 10530 Driving since August 2017
looking for mature ongoing players with mic to join team #AOS
facebook.com/vanninman twitter.com/vanninman1 twitch.tv/vanninman

1 user liked this post.
#963 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:58:21 PM(UTC)
Are there only 3 cars in the expansion? I don't know why they would stream it tomorrow, does anybody watch them play when you can play it yourself?
#964 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 3:15:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Perfect Dark 51 Go to Quoted Post
Are there only 3 cars in the expansion? I don't know why they would stream it tomorrow, does anybody watch them play when you can play it yourself?

At least in last expansion they start streaming few hours before we was able to play ourself.
 4 users liked this post.
#965 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 3:36:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: vanninman Go to Quoted Post
seems most defenders of this appalling expansion play children's lego games allready .

Have you never played any of the Lego games? Star wars? Marvel? Harry Potter? LOTR? I've played a few and for the most part they were great games. They have a unique sense of humor that's missing in alot of modern games.

As far as this expansion is concerned, I wasn't really stoked when I read about it at first but having watched some gameplay footage, I think it looks pretty cool. Definitely has potential. I don't get the reaction some are having without even having played it. I get that on forums it's easy to get caught up in group think and the pitchforks are always at the ready. Talk about lawsuits and the like? That's funny. I know it's been mentioned in this thread but taking the hundred or so vocal participants in this thread and assuming they represent the majority of people who play this game is laughable. You're talking about the opinion of .01% of the people that play this game.
 1 user liked this post.
#966 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:12:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: chuteboxehero1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: vanninman Go to Quoted Post

Have you never played any of the Lego games? Star wars? Marvel? Harry Potter? LOTR? I've played a few and for the most part they were great games. They have a unique sense of humor that's missing in alot of modern games.

As far as this expansion is concerned, I wasn't really stoked when I read about it at first but having watched some gameplay footage, I think it looks pretty cool. Definitely has potential. I don't get the reaction some are having without even having played it. I get that on forums it's easy to get caught up in group think and the pitchforks are always at the ready. Talk about lawsuits and the like? That's funny. I know it's been mentioned in this thread but taking the hundred or so vocal participants in this thread and assuming they represent the majority of people who play this game is laughable. You're talking about the opinion of .01% of the people that play this game.

It's just as illogical to assume this .01% isn't representative. That would be like this post I saw about a week ago, where somebody claimed the total number of people that didn't agree was less than 20 out of millions. No, out of the small sample of people polled. Nobody knows what the entire player base thinks ... so you shouldn't be trying to speak for them.

But we do have a lot names in the thread and it's not 10 to 1. There's a lot of people pro-baby blocks in here. And a lot of them have stated they were already into lego stuff.

And, for the record, no, I didn't play any of the lego games. Of course not, are you crazy? I don't mess with Barney or SpongeBob either. It's amazing that we're at a point where someone would ask such a thing with an incredulous tone.

I blame the women. It's their fault. They're generally too nice to laugh as hard as they should when they stumble upon a lego collection.

6 users liked this post.
#967 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:16:44 PM(UTC)
I don't see Lego as an expansion.

Expanding something means to make it bigger but it should still be the same concept - just bigger.
Making something larger by adding a totally different aspect giving you 2 different things would be an ADD ON.

Sure the game size expanded by giving us an add on, but the Lego world is not really an expansion of anything that was already there to be expanded.

Although they have provided an add on for the game I would still like to to see an expansion of the game as it was originally promoted:
"Live the Horizon Life when you play Forza Horizon 4. Experience a shared world with dynamic seasons. Explore beautiful scenery, collect over 450 cars and become a Horizon Superstar in historic Britain."

Maybe if the promotion read:
Live the Horizon Life when you play Forza Horizon 4. Experience your child's toys as if you were still a kid, collect 3 extra cars that are also toys and become a child again in historic Britain. And for the true immersion of a messy kids bedroom there is a special area with Lego all over the floor - just watch your step as you navigate your way around this trip down memory lane.
Then we wouldn't have anything to complain about.

Not saying Lego is a bad toy - I grew up on it, but at the end of the day I grew up.

#968 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:36:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post

I blame the women. It's their fault. They're generally too nice to laugh as hard as they should when they stumble upon a lego collection.

Lego games are the only games my sister plays.
 14 users liked this post.
#969 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:48:54 PM(UTC)
Look, I'm not against LEGO. They have their place, and I've eyed some of the super fancy sets as being things that would be cool to have.

I just don't think LEGO cars belong in what is, mostly, a realistic looking (if arcadey in physics and gameplay) racing game filled with real world cars.

I can tell you I have no desire to play the expansion - I'm fully prepared to admit it might be fun for some, but I'm just not interested. But it looks like I'll kind of have to play it regardless if it's going to have a Horizon Story that counts towards overall game completion.

Let's pick another game as an example. Ace Combat 7. It's a bit scifi in its scenarious, and includes fictional tech, but the overall look of the game is realistic, and you (mostly) fly real world jets. The fictional jets are still rendered in a realistic style. But imagine if this was added as a DLC aircraft?

Now don't get me wrong, I love me some Peanuts and I love me some Snoopy. But seeing Snoopy as the Red Baron zooming through the clouds while I pilot my F-22 would feel completely ridiculous and out of place. Especially if I couldn't opt out of seeing Snoopy in the story campaign if I wanted to.

I feel the same about LEGO in Forza.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 12, 2019 4:50:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#970 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 5:17:54 PM(UTC)
I have an idea... Maybe I am wrong but maybe it will work for a while.

My xbox has not updated yet, I assume it will not be able to render Lego cars until it does update.
The xbox will not update until i restart it - right?

What if i never restart the machine and never allow the update? I could just leave it turned on until it either crashes or the power goes out....
Could this buy me a few days without those darn cars on the mainland?

In my head it might work..... anyone know for sure? maybe the update will force a restart - i'm unsure about this.
Will the universe explode if i don't do the update and someone drives past me in a Lego car....

I may need a back up generator :)

1 user liked this post.
#971 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 5:18:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KOG7777 Go to Quoted Post

Now don't get me wrong, I love me some Peanuts and I love me some Snoopy. But seeing Snoopy as the Red Baron zooming through the clouds while I pilot my F-22 would feel completely ridiculous and out of place. Especially if I couldn't opt out of seeing Snoopy in the story campaign if I wanted to.

I feel the same about LEGO in Forza.

I'm looking forward to the Lego expansion. I've exhausted about everything else in this game so ready for something different, however I've got to tell you that I think your example is the best example I've read in this thread as to putting into perspective why someone wouldn't want to see Lego cars driving around in the UK.

I do agree, as you point out in your Snoopy example, that they should leave the Lego cars to the Lego maps. It doesn't overly bother me though, it will just look funny and out of place. We'll have to see tomorrow what the deal is. .

2 users liked this post.
#972 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 5:40:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CorsairF4U1942 Go to Quoted Post
You know what else is unrealistic? Jumping a hypercar through a windmill at 200+ mph, flying over 1000 feet, and driving away without a scratch.

We know. However, if you turn on simulation damage so that you realistically can't do that, then the AI starts mysteriously outpacing you by lap 3, because PG forgot to have them take damage from jumps like the player does. That's hardly the player's fault, now, is it?
 3 users liked this post.
#973 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 5:49:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CorsairF4U1942 Go to Quoted Post
You know what else is unrealistic? Jumping a hypercar through a windmill at 200+ mph, flying over 1000 feet, and driving away without a scratch.

We know. However, if you turn on simulation damage so that you realistically can't do that, then the AI starts mysteriously outpacing you by lap 3, because PG forgot to have them take damage from jumps like the player does. That's hardly the player's fault, now, is it?

There's also a world of difference between making big jumps, and seeing lego brick cars next to you with man sized lego minifigs staring at you out the driver's side window with their big, empty, soulless eyes.
 4 users liked this post.
#974 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 6:28:49 PM(UTC)
I plan on getting this LEGO expansion, and yes I like LEGO's to a certain degree. I enjoyed LEGO Batman series, Indiana Jones, etc. Good, simplistic games. Mixed into the Horizon formula it should make for an entertaining aside.

That said, I agree with everyone about not having LEGO stuff in the main game. It is one thing to drive a LEGO car around in a LEGO world, it is another thing for that LEGO world to infringe upon the real one (well, real in the sense of the Main Game). I agree with the person above me talking about Ace Combat 07. The AC series has never been about being a straight up simulation, but more an arcade sim, just like Forza Horizon. If Snoopy was flying around on his dog house as the Red Baron, it would kill what realism there is in the game. Sure, it would be funny for an April Fools joke for a day or even a week, but if left in, it would be a disappointment and a serious detachment from the realism.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 12, 2019 6:37:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#975 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 7:03:11 PM(UTC)
in my opinion, all the fans of Forza who were disappointed with this dlc, should participate in the streaming tomorrow, and express in live, and very loud, what we think about this dlc.
71 Pages<<3738394041>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error