71 Pages<<1819202122>>PrevNext
#476 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:56:04 AM(UTC)
*removed*

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:42:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Learning on English. If you don't welcome person like myself, just leave me alone. Thanks.
 3 users liked this post.
#477 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:57:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
Could be worse. Could be a Mario Kart expansion!

A real Forza karting expansion would have been fantastic. A series of progressively more powerful karts, asphalt and dirt tracks, a karting stunt park (realistic, not fantasy physics).
 4 users liked this post.
#478 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:58:53 AM(UTC)
pay for ultimate...
get the lego expansion...
embarrassing
Intel i7 7700K, Zotac GTX 1080 8GB, Gigabyte Z270-Gaming K3, 16Gb Ram Corsair DDR4 (2x8GB), 256GB NVMe, 3TB HDD, EVGA 600W PSU
 1 user liked this post.
#479 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:01:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
It has always amazed me that the people around here do not seem to understand that concept. Dam even stated it after one of the releases, "This is OUR vision for Forza. Don't like it? There are plenty of other games out there." What the small slice of the playbase that are around these forums want in the game doesn't play into it at all. We will get their vision and that is all. You either buy it or you don't, play it or not. That is the only choices you have. Voice your opinions all you want but they don't mean a thing to the devs.

That's not always true though. Sometimes the developers do care about the community's opinions. Like how T10 changed the way VIP double CR reward works back to the way it did in previous FM after the scandal and how they made all cars except FE cars purchasable after so many players had complained about lock cars behind time-limited events (ahem, PG). And didn't PG lowered the playlist requirement to unlock cars from 100% to 80% due to the community's complaints? I think there's no way of knowing when the developers will listen to the community and when they won't.

Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
A real Forza karting expansion would have been fantastic. A series of progressively more powerful karts, asphalt and dirt tracks, a karting stunt park (realistic, not fantasy physics).

Yes, a karting expansion with real world karts would've been awesome and would surely appeal to far more players than the Lego expansion does.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 11:06:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#480 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:01:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RobiX One Go to Quoted Post
pay for ultimate...
get the lego expansion...
embarrassing

Does this mean, the next dlc I buy for a Lego game, I'll actually get the FH4 expansion?
#481 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:03:51 AM(UTC)
I'm gonna have a great chuckle if the other expansion cars are fan favorite cars like the 675LT or the 308 or even the Huracan Peformante.
Photographer, Painter, Tuner, Racer and Rally Fanatic. Maybe bring back Group B?
 3 users liked this post.
#482 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:04:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phatphil87 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post
Introduction Mclaren Senna Lego Gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIEgs9OYZ68

Welcome to LEGO Valley!

Brickchester City.... Airfield with planes taking off.... Stunt Park.... Dinosaurs.... Pirate Ships.... Ghosts.... UFOs....

Relax people... you don't want to play with LEGO don't go to LEGO Valley.... I highly doubt all the drivatars are going to turn into LEGO Sennas, F40s, and Mini's on the Mainland.

Bottom line: This is and will be a very successful marketing strategy whether Forza fans like it or not. LEGO is the largest and strongest toy company brand in the world, in February 2015 it was deemed the "worlds most powerful/strongest brand" (overtaking Ferrari at the time. Ferrari has since reclaimed that title in 2019 based on Brand Finance Reports). The fact of the matter is that there are a whole lot more fans and customers that PG/Turn 10 will bring in than they will lose with this move. PG/Turn 10 are a business and the one true purpose of a commercial business is to make money. A key component to this is the ability to appeal to as large an audience as possible. This move will most definitely result in an increased fan base.

Exactly this. Well said

Further evidence that this is going to be a successful marketing ploy, is to just look at the results of the Hot Wheels Expansion. It resulted in the best selling Xbox One S Bundle, the Forza Horizon 3 Hot Wheels Bundle outpaced both Call of Duty and Minecraft bundles. It also helped fuel the best annual Hot Wheels sales in its company's history in 2018. So why would anyone think the latest partnership between PG/Turn 10 and LEGO would result in anything less spectacularly successful for Microsoft, PG/Turn 10, and LEGO. This is the nature of business, money and sales speak louder than any customer ever will. You also need to understand that forum users, live stream viewers, etc. all just represent a tiny raindrop in the sea of actual players in the game and believe it or not, we forum users have very different feelings/opinions about things than the actual majority of players (and new potential players)....

source: https://www.automobilema...wheels-history-toy-cars/

10 users liked this post.
#483 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:06:32 AM(UTC)
Imagine in future

3 users liked this post.
#484 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:13:33 AM(UTC)
Making a Forza game with a LEGO expansion is like making a front engined Porsche 911. This will not work. Make it a stand-alone game and it will even be cheaper for the young players ( there parents, they don't have to buy Horizon 4 first) and we still have a (not LEGO) 2nd expansion. It's a win win situation. And if the younger players like the mini FORZA LEGO stand-alone game.
They will buy a real FORZA game and i will be happy to accept them into the FORZA World. My first racing game was OUT RUN from 1986 and I still play racing games until today? I'm 43 years old and i'm a big big big fan of FORZA. I bought an xbox with forza motorsport 1 in 2005. No more Gran turismo, there was finally something better for me than GRAN TURISMO. In the first years of GRAN TURISMO this was the game for me and nothing will ever get close. But then threre was FORZA MOTORSPORT 1 and I never played GRAN TURISMO again. I finally found my GAME. But i have BIG BIG BIG problems with this LEGO expansion. It's the first time in all those years that i put a post ( it began a week ago first rumors of the LEGO expansion) on a FORUM and it's a negative post for my favorite game and I'm not HAPPY with that. A stand-alone game I'm 110% behind you, but not the 2nd expansion for FORZA HORIZO 4. I like LEGO a lot ( I played with LEGOS when I was a Small boy) but not in my favorite racing game. it doesn't blend together. STAND-ALONE GAME FDORZA LEGOLAND. This will be the best for everyone. R.I.P. Horizon 4
#485 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:16:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ripperoo UK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: The Radio Dept Go to Quoted Post
I think the idea of Legos in a Forza game................
OMG, IT IS NOT "LEGOS" or "LEGO'S" (as someone else mentioned earlier)!

Are you American? It's just that Americans always get it wrong!

It's just "LEGO"!

Regardless of whether you are referring to one piece or many pieces, its just, how you say......er, "LEGO"

Like "Sheep", you know?

What would call multiple Sheep? Sheeps? No! Just "Sheep"!

For instance:

A piece of LEGO (singular)!

A box of "LEGO" (multiple pieces)!

You could also say "LEGO pieces, bricks, blocks, parts when referring to multiple pieces of Lego, but Legos is just plain wrong and makes people who say it sound dumb.

Oh, and by the way, if this is not a joke, I will also not be purchasing the UE in future! A Lego expansion is such a bad idea for most Forza players I guess, but who the hell are we anyway? It's not like we paid £80+ for the UE!

LEGO my Eggo?
 1 user liked this post.
#486 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:20:56 AM(UTC)
If they wanted to appeal to the kids, they could have just made a standalone budget/DLC only entry in the series called Forza: LEGO. Or LEGO Forza. But this is definitely not what I was hoping for.

I thought a contained chunk of London could have been nice. Or a visit across the Channel. I also had hopes they might do a Toyota or BTCC expansion along the lines of the Porsche and NASCAR expansions from previous.

But this? Naaaaah.
 2 users liked this post.
#487 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:25:06 AM(UTC)
Could be worse. Could be a Mario Kart expansion!

Mario Kart DS was actually a superb game that could be enjoyed by adults just fine. A group of us used to race against each other at lunchtimes at work via WiFi LAN. It was 100% "anything goes". If the game allowed you to do it, it was legit. Nobody saying rammers should be reported.

The problem with FH4 is they just don't seem to be able to make their minds up. RK has posted on here that rammers should be reported, so the implication is you shouldn't ram people. So when someone rams you, you feel aggrieved, because they're doing something it seems is against the rules, but at the same time the game itself does nothing to enforce those rules.

So IMO going full Mario Kart style "anything goes" would be an improvement, at least it would align the rules with what the game actually enforces.
 2 users liked this post.
#488 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:41:13 AM(UTC)
Loving the negative comments here. You haven't seen or played it yet you instantly dismiss a fun idea. FH4 is a video GAME. Not reality, not like real life, it's a game. I'm sure the expansion will be a lot of fun to play. If you want to play a sim then play motorsport instead.
 3 users liked this post.
#489 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:47:41 AM(UTC)
Oh God. I was hoping it was a joke.
 1 user liked this post.
#490 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:48:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post

I'd be down for this!
Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
 1 user liked this post.
#491 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:59:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EnderOfSubris Go to Quoted Post
Oh God. I was hoping it was a joke.

Same.

This company needs new blood as they've lost their way badly.
#492 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:04:01 PM(UTC)

I said it earlier, and I think I spoke for most people on this thread who haven't bought Ultimate or the Expansion Pass when I said:
Ahahahahahaha!!!
*snort*
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

🤣😜😆

4 users liked this post.
#493 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:14:48 PM(UTC)
My dad's nearly 90, and I got him Lego for Christmas, and he loved it! I heard him say quietly under his breath... "What a load of blocks!"

Glad he was pleased!
 8 users liked this post.
#494 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:16:55 PM(UTC)
 2 users liked this post.
#495 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:30:29 PM(UTC)
Oh **** .

I bought the Ultimate Edition. Which means I can't NOT buy this. I've already bought it.

#496 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:35:55 PM(UTC)

Lego of me! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
 3 users liked this post.
#497 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:37:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CJoke23 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FM sheep Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: King Cobra Mi6 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CJoke23 Go to Quoted Post
Funfact: on twitter and youtube the most people love the Lego-Expansion

Please tell Me that is sarcasm

I'm pretty sure he forget to mention the amount of dislike.

just search for "Forza Lego" on twitter and youtube and take a look ;) IMHO more agree than disagree.
so still the FunFact of the day,

Same people that were saying FH4 was fantastic at the time no one had yet played the superb online team adventure mode. If we can play Free For All Adventure, if wall ride is now gone, it is both because of usage stats and because of the people from this forum insisting days after days.

twitter/youtube , ..., most of them will speak about iphone or something else tomorrow. All they know about FH is the video they saw.

On this forum, people are logged with their gamertag, it's more reliable than any other source for players opinion on the game, actual player, like you are. I accept your opinion but please do not refer to twitter etc to legitimate your opinion. Even 0.0001% we all here are actual representatives of FH actual players.

My opinion, as a FH3 and 4 player is this extension is not related to FH Spirit. It's kind of Space Jam in a Matrix environment. As a customer, I feel betrayed once more. The less I would expect is that this thing is not contaminating the mainland, that's my single wish. Kid's garden ok, but what is in Kid's garden, stays in Kid's garden.
 3 users liked this post.
#498 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:43:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Sendo Tenshi Go to Quoted Post
I'm enjoying the fragile masculinity of some of the comments across different forums. It's quite amazing. I'm sure these same "gamers" have a Nintendo Switch (which is super not-alpha bro) or some sort of anime game on PS4/Steam, but it's the Lego expansion that's crossing the line. LOL

Imagine being against fun. I wonder if you drive the Senna 200mph into a wall, does it crumble?

Everyones idea of fun is different. So some will like this expansion, some wont. Some would have a initial strong kneejerk reaction to the annoucnment, some wont. Some will be excited for it, some wont. And some will be on the fence waiting to try it before forming an opinion on the matter.

It really isnt a case of "fragile masculinity", or anything else other than some people just never expected/wanted lego to be part of Forza. And that is a perfectaly valid opinion for them to hold. No one can tell anyone else what should be fun to them, we only know what we find fun for ourselves.

Anyone saying they got fooled and ripped off for buying the expansion pass/ultimate edition; you really didnt. You paid for 2 very unknown expansion packs long before they was announced, you cant blame T10 or Playground for that. As game developers, they have the right to do what they please with their games. If they think this will work, thats on them. But you cant blame them for buying into the expansion pass system, thats on all of you for buying it. I am included in that as well, as I own the ultimate edition of FH4. I am not exactly enamoured with the Lego expansion either, but I will be trying it at the very least. But thats the risk we take for buying everything day one and not waiting to see what is coming out as DLC first.

It has always amazed me that the people around here do not seem to understand that concept. Dam even stated it after one of the releases, "This is OUR vision for Forza. Don't like it? There are plenty of other games out there." What the small slice of the playbase that are around these forums want in the game doesn't play into it at all. We will get their vision and that is all. You either buy it or you don't, play it or not. That is the only choices you have. Voice your opinions all you want but they don't mean a thing to the devs.

You know what amazes me? That people don't have a single clue about representative percentages. If 80% of users in this forum complain about the expansion, because they don't want Lego cars in a game that focuses on realistic graphics, how do you come to the conclusion that outside these forums, the percentages will change?

If this would be the "simracing forum", the percentage could be different, since the focus is different, but in a forzamotorsport forum? What is motorsport about lego anyway?

Honestly, if I would not be one of their most faithful customers who loves their games since FM3 and did not happily pay fullprice with all expansions with the ultimate edition for all their games, I would just laugh it off and move on to different games. But this feels like a kick between the legs, because in absolutely no vision of the future I saw a lego expansion coming. I sincerely hope that this will fail so drastically that 50 years from now people will still laugh about the LEGO expansion fiasco.

By the way, I don't own a Nintendo console, because I like immersion and not cute and cuddely, I have played a Batman Lego game for 5 minutes, because my brother loves them and they were for free due to XBox live gold and I have deleted the game in disgust.

If I play Devil May Cry 8 and somehow the devs decide to create an expansion with super Mario and Luigi and killing enemies by jumping on their heads, it might be fun for the right people, but it betrays the fanbase, because the core mechanics are changed. This is the single reason why this is so bad. The core mechanics are changed. This is no longer a game that looks real, where car enthusiasts can look in their garage and be happy about their cars. The very second I drive vs clown lego cars in ranked, from that point on, I have to quit the game, because it is absolutely ruined for me.

How is that concept so hard to grasp for some people?

Horizon was already stretching it for me, but changing graphics, the style, feeling and atmosphere of a game in a paid DLC? Holy camoly, I can't wait to wait how this plays out.
 1 user liked this post.
#499 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:44:03 PM(UTC)
I feel like LEGO should have been a separate, optional paid expansion OUTSIDE of the season pass. I would have had second thoughts about getting the Ultimate Edition if I had known this was going to be the 2nd major expansion that was included in my purchase.
 1 user liked this post.
#500 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:48:24 PM(UTC)
I think Turn 10 and Microsoft have more to do with this decision than Playground, they just cant come out and expose their parent companies. Maybe their hands are tied? It's the only explanation I can think of for them making this rubbish. I also agree that it is all about the money, they know that loyal fans dont want this, but what's a few thousand pre-orders to them.

What annoys me also is the Goodwood videos around the release of Horizon 4, I'm not particularly a huge fan of Goodwood, but a circuit and Hillclimb would of been satisfactory for an expansion. Now why tease us with those videos, is it coming but as extra DLC? I would be so **** ed if they did that.

I also think Horizon has completely overtaken Motorsport sales and popularity, so Turn 10 are trying to strangle Horizon so we get hyped for the next Motorsport. If it's on next gen console then they are going to try their hardest to get sales, including pulling this Lego stunt to kill the Horizon series for a while.
E30
71 Pages<<1819202122>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error