71 Pages<<1617181920>>PrevNext
 9 users liked this post.
#426 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:22:32 AM(UTC)
I haven't read the 17 pages so far, but I have to agree with the comments on the first page about the franchise dying.

It is clear that they see FM as the "serious" motorsport game, and FH as being for young kids. So those of us who prefer the FH environment, but still want a proper racing game, we're not going to be catered for, we all need to just deal with it and move on.

I can't move on to FM7, because it's such a terrible game. FH4 absolutely destroys it as a game, but they refuse to turn it into a proper racing game, constantly adding things that nobody has asked for, while not fixing the niggles that drive everyone crazy. So at this point, I'm glad I bought a PS4 and GT Sport. GTS is miles better than FM7, there's just no comparison IMO. FH4 COULD be better than GTS but it's clear they have no interest in achieving that with it.
 10 users liked this post.
#427 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:22:53 AM(UTC)
This is not about fun or 500ft jumps, this is about a DLC that many of us paid for in advance, because we trust the company.

Can a flight simulator expansion in Destiny 2 be great? Sure
How about a racing expansion in WoW with all those mounts? Could be fun

But noone bought Destiny to fly a plane and noone bought WoW to have racing. And neither did I buy Forza to play Lego Racer.
#428 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:24:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wodanswolf45 Go to Quoted Post
what a bunch of spoiled entitled immature brats. yes some people won't like the expansion but the majority will. bunch of CRYBABIES.

This post tells me that you are the immature brat in this thread. Not the other people.

Judging by all the negative feedback so far, I have a hard time believing that's true. Do you have any proof to back up this, or does it just sound right to you since you like the DLC?

Again, immature.

Originally Posted by: CJoke23 Go to Quoted Post
Funfact: on twitter and youtube the most people love the Lego-Expansion

Funfact: Having looked on Twitter myself, you seem to be wrong. A whole lot of negative feedback there.
 7 users liked this post.
#429 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:25:18 AM(UTC)
I'm not sure who the guy wearing the suit and tie is who gave the final stamp of approval for them to literally sell me a glorified lego advertisement for $20, but when I die i want him to be the one to lower me into the grave just so he can let me down one last time

they can choke on the money they took from me for all i care. i just hope theres an option to keep all of this lego content seperate from the rest of my game because i dont care to be spammed to death with more lego cars and drivatars and stuff in every other race, but knowing my luck there wont be and itll just break whatever immersion is left right out of the game

maybe ill give it a try just to try to feel like i might have got something out of my money, but i dont see it being for me. hell if youre going with lego, at least let me be able to build a car out of lego and put an engine in it and race it or something, i mean its lego right? i dont know its been almost 30 years now since i last touched a lego block but isnt building stuff what lego is supposed to be about? but im sure they wouldnt allow that to happen because somebody might design something that some other sensitive snowflake out there on the planet might find offensive for whatever random reason and heaven forbid he enters into an online race with it where another person might have to look at it, so they wont even consider something as basic as creating your own lego car and racing it as an option and if ever called out on the spot they would deflect the matter on to something like a balance issue or whatever, when at this point it would only be for the sake of fun anyways because all balance, seriousness and competitiveness and realism goes out the window anyways when they decide to use paid DLC to help peddle off a bunch of childrens toys in a racing simulator

nobody even asked for something like this, but im sure the studio dont mind. theyll get paid nicely from lego, as well as everybody who buys the expansion. and perhaps some kids out there will go out and buy some lego sets to try to recreate a bunch of cars they seen in forza or something. sadly its the customers that will be left with nothing but a sour taste in their mouth and expecting something else out of their money, but people dont tend to forget stuff like that. when FH5 comes around they wont be so eager to blindly throw their money around on DLC and just take the word of the developers in good faith that they will deliver appropriate content.

still i'll reserve my judgement until i at least give it a try. but i dont exactly have high hopes for it.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 8:42:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#430 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:27:06 AM(UTC)
This has nothing to do with being faithful to existing Forza players who have dished out extra money for the expansions! This is a marketing strategy to sell more copies of the game and Xbox consoles to kids! The Hot Wheels expansion was for kids, and now they've done the same thing with this expansion.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 8:29:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#431 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:33:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OneTonSoap Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Potbox Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: igrvks Go to Quoted Post
All I am asking that the players are given a option to hide all Lego/Hot Wheels/Fantasy content from their game if they are not interested in it. It is obvious there are quite a few players that share my opinion of not wanting to play with virtual childrens toys, just please give us the option to not do that or even see that content in our game. It is a simple matchmaking filter so it doesnt require any significant resources to implement but it would make many enthusiast players happy among this community.

I just submitted a ticket for this, suggestions and feedback, https://support.forzamot...et/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'm with you on this one. Just submitted a ticket as well.

submitted mine was hoping co pilot or nitro no such luck
FORZA TIER 8 10530 Driving since August 2017
looking for mature ongoing players with mic to join team #AOS
facebook.com/vanninman twitter.com/vanninman1 twitch.tv/vanninman

6 users liked this post.
#432 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:35:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post
Introduction Mclaren Senna Lego Gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIEgs9OYZ68

Welcome to LEGO Valley!

Brickchester City.... Airfield with planes taking off.... Stunt Park.... Dinosaurs.... Pirate Ships.... Ghosts.... UFOs....

Relax people... you don't want to play with LEGO don't go to LEGO Valley.... I highly doubt all the drivatars are going to turn into LEGO Sennas, F40s, and Mini's on the Mainland.

Bottom line: This is and will be a very successful marketing strategy whether Forza fans like it or not. LEGO is the largest and strongest toy company brand in the world, in February 2015 it was deemed the "worlds most powerful/strongest brand" (overtaking Ferrari at the time. Ferrari has since reclaimed that title in 2019 based on Brand Finance Reports). The fact of the matter is that there are a whole lot more fans and customers that PG/Turn 10 will bring in than they will lose with this move. PG/Turn 10 are a business and the one true purpose of a commercial business is to make money. A key component to this is the ability to appeal to as large an audience as possible. This move will most definitely result in an increased fan base.

Microsoft is also the home of the biggest software blunders in the world, lets not forget VISTA. That being said, this is no exception, you don't **** on your desk and then call it a smoothie. I personally don't even want it taking up hard drive space on my PC. This DLC is for little kids, money or no money. Hero to zero, snap. Just like that.

So long FH4, you just got murdered.
PACO
 8 users liked this post.
#433 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:40:39 AM(UTC)
a better marketing strategy would be a forza lego game but a stand-alone game for € 20. I'm not so sure they will win a lot of new young players. First they have to buy Horizon 4 and buy the lego axpansion if they already own an xbox one at least. This sounds really expensive for a mini lego racing game. The parents are not going to like this. So once again a stand-alone forza lego game would be much better and we will still get a 2nd expansion(& not lego)
 3 users liked this post.
#434 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:43:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: alanesty666 Go to Quoted Post
a better marketing strategy would be a forza lego game but a stand-alone game for € 20. I'm not so sure they will win a lot of new young players. First they have to buy Horizon 4 and buy the lego axpansion if they already own an xbox one at least. This sounds really expensive for a mini lego racing game. The parents are not going to like this. So once again a stand-alone forza lego game would be much better and we will still get a 2nd expansion(& not lego)

Took the Words right out of my mouth, and I Agree, if they were planning to do this, wouldn't it be better off to make a Lego Forza Horizon Spinoff Game instead of an entire Expansion? The Idea has Potential and it was Wasted here.

Playing Forza Since Motorsport 3, Huge Horizon Fan.
 2 users liked this post.
#435 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:45:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IDRANKYOURBEER Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure who the guy wearing the suit and tie is who gave the final stamp of approval for them to literally sell me a glorified lego advertisement for $20, but when I die i want him to be the one to lower me into the grave just so he can let me down one last time

they can choke on the money they took from me for all i care. i just hope theres an option to keep all of this lego content seperate from the rest of my game because i dont care to be spammed to death with more lego cars and drivatars and stuff in every other race, but knowing my luck there wont be and itll just break whatever immersion is left right out of the game

maybe ill give it a try just to try to feel like i might have got something out of my money, but i dont see it being for me. hell if youre going with lego, at least let me be able to build a car out of lego and put an engine in it and race it or something, i mean its lego right? i dont know its been almost 30 years now since i last touched a lego block but isnt building stuff what lego is supposed to be about? but im sure they wouldnt allow that to happen because somebody might design something that some other sensitive snowflake out there on the planet might find offensive for whatever random reason and heaven forbid he enters into an online race with it where another person might have to look at it, so they wont even consider something as basic as creating your own lego car and racing it as an option and if ever called out on the spot they would deflect the matter on to something like a balance issue or whatever, when at this point it would only be for the sake of fun anyways because all balance, seriousness and competitiveness and realism goes out the window anyways when they decide to use paid DLC to help peddle off a bunch of childrens toys in a racing simulator

nobody even asked for something like this, but im sure the studio dont mind. theyll get paid nicely from lego, as well as everybody who buys the expansion. and perhaps some kids out there will go out and buy some lego sets to try to recreate a bunch of cars they seen in forza or something. sadly its the customers that will be left with nothing but a sour taste in their mouth and expecting something else out of their money, but people dont tend to forget stuff like that. when FH5 comes around they wont be so eager to blindly throw their money around on DLC and just take the word of the developers in good faith that they will deliver appropriate content.

still i'll reserve my judgement until i at least give it a try. but i dont exactly have high hopes for it.

Absolutely priceless. "I'm not sure who the guy wearing the suit and tie is who gave the final stamp of approval for them to literally sell me a glorified lego advertisement for $20, but when I die i want him to be the one to lower me into the grave just so he can let me down one last time."

I spent thousands on my setup for FH4 and now I'm thinking I won't upgrade it anymore, no point now. Yes I spent $8,000.00 and I will enjoy FH4 but like the comment above. Lower me slowly and thanks for nothing.

PACO

2 users liked this post.
#436 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:49:28 AM(UTC)
Turn 10, you might as well murder Forza 7 while you're at it, by adding Lego drivers to Forza 7.

Bring out an expansion 'Mario Karts' for Forza 7! Lol

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 8:51:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#437 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:51:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dawgs and Hawks Go to Quoted Post
I'm looking forward to the Lego expansion. I found the Hot Wheels expansion to be fun.

With this expansion they should add a car to the James Bond Pack.

James Bond Lego Car

See, that's a great example of something cool they could have done with Lego in Horizon.

But this expansion isn't based on Lego, the construction toy. It's based on Lego, the media franchise. Two very different things.
 3 users liked this post.
#438 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:58:43 AM(UTC)
At least Hotwheels brought some new cars to the game. That we still use in FM7 & FH4. What is the point of lego clone cars from cars we already have in the game. This brings nothing new for the future of Forza.
 2 users liked this post.
#439 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:04:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Radamanthys461 Go to Quoted Post

...I really hope that the expansion is set in a completely different place that doesn't connect to our main land, because I don't wanna see Lego Cars roaming through where the real cars are. It would be very strange and destroy the realism that many of us like in this game, just cruising around with our favourite cars that are real...

Since cars from other expansions have bled into the main game, I'd be shocked if that wasn't also the case here. I already submitted a ticket for this issue, explaining I didn't want to see Lego cars in my game and requesting an option to disable Lego content.

Suggestions and feedback, https://support.forzamot...et/hc/en-us/requests/new

2 users liked this post.
#440 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:08:38 AM(UTC)
I got to page 11 and stopped........

I'm still trying to digest all of this, sure I love LEGOs, but this expansion my 4.5 year old son will enjoy more than I will. At this point, it's quite clear where the studio is taking this franchise and I'm quite saddened by it. Hopefully FM doesn't get neutered like FH has, but since HW is also featured in the FM side, things are not looking too positive from here.
Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
#441 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:10:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: paulfitzy9 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
Gentlemen,

We frown on the use of profanity on these forums and we frown on having to give some of you a time out for it. Please, let's find a more adult way in which to express our disappointments and remember, quoting profanity is as bad as using it yourself.

The only profanity that should ever be used when speaking of Lego is out loud when stepping on one in the dark.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Gives us kids expansion pack

Moans when people act like kids

We moderators are volunteers and do not actually work for Turn 10 or Playground Games, nor do we participate in the development of any of the titles in the franchise. And good thing too as I'd make the Lego Mini a leaderboard car across every class.

Have a nice day.

✔ Verified Moderator

#442 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:23:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: paulfitzy9 Go to Quoted Post
Gentlemen,

We frown on the use of profanity on these forums and we frown on having to give some of you a time out for it. Please, let's find a more adult way in which to express our disappointments and remember, quoting profanity is as bad as using it yourself.

The only profanity that should ever be used when speaking of Lego is out loud when stepping on one in the dark.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Gives us kids expansion pack

Moans when people act like kids

We moderators are volunteers and do not actually work for Turn 10 or Playground Games, nor do we participate in the development of any of the titles in the franchise. And good thing too as I'd make the Lego Mini a leaderboard car across every class.

Have a nice day.

Ah, I was wondering what the word "Hieronymus" meant after a moderator wrote it while editing my reply. I even looked it up on Google. Turns out it's just your ID LOL.

Anyway I think some people might be overreacting a bit when they said this would be their last Horizon. I mean I will buy the next one if it's good. Just don't buy any DLC until you know what you'll get so that you won't waste money on something you don't enjoy. So just buy the standard edition.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 9:41:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#443 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:30:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CrystalFoolz Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: alanesty666 Go to Quoted Post

Took the Words right out of my mouth, and I Agree, if they were planning to do this, wouldn't it be better off to make a Lego Forza Horizon Spinoff Game instead of an entire Expansion? The Idea has Potential and it was Wasted here.

Would have liked Traveller's Tales (LEGO developers for what seems like forever) to have had the foresight to do this as a series of expansions: Circuits, Rally, Rally Cross with some input from either Turn 10 or Playground Games on the physics side.
 3 users liked this post.
#444 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:30:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: huiop2 Go to Quoted Post
Ah, I was wondering what the word "Hieronymus" meant after a moderator wrote it while editing my reply. I even looked it up on Google. Turns out it's just your ID LOL.

Hieronymus and LOL do not mix. Ever.

5 users liked this post.
#445 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:31:28 AM(UTC)
When i realized this wasn't a joke i almost cried. I'm a 33 yr old man. If you seriously thought this was a good idea, i really don't know what to say...
 1 user liked this post.
#446 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:34:36 AM(UTC)
Hahahahaha, hahahah!

...Nope!

Bad Turn 10! Bad! No money for you.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 9:35:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#447 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:36:17 AM(UTC)
I'm enjoying the fragile masculinity of some of the comments across different forums. It's quite amazing. I'm sure these same "gamers" have a Nintendo Switch (which is super not-alpha bro) or some sort of anime game on PS4/Steam, but it's the Lego expansion that's crossing the line. LOL

Imagine being against fun. I wonder if you drive the Senna 200mph into a wall, does it crumble?
#448 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:37:02 AM(UTC)
It just dawned on me that since I don't play this game hardly at all the Lego expansion will give me something to do until Rivals is released. This is of course assuming that it is actually fun in some way. If not oh well and back to H3. One thing is for sure I'm done with this series once the servers are shutdown for the 1st 3 titles. I can only hope that someone comes along and makes a game that will dethrone Forza so they are forced to get back to what made the games fun in the 1st place or they fold up shop and go make RPGs.

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 3 users liked this post.
#449 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:37:25 AM(UTC)
I'm curious what the numbers were on the amount of player activity with the Hot Wheels expansion. I tried it for a few days and decided it wasn't for me and never went back. I enjoyed a couple of the cars at least in the normal world. I would hope at least that the numbers showed that was a successful expansion, but I don't see how. Otherwise they've just doubled down on what a large percentage of us here saw as a mistake.

I'm disappointed, but whatever, more free time where I'm not sitting in front of the tv. The unfortunate part is that I won't be getting the ultimate edition next time around if I get the next game at all, and when it comes time to get a new system it's looking more and more like it won't be an Xbox.

1 user liked this post.
#450 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:38:02 AM(UTC)
i would wonder if they ever state a comment about this.
i bet they just make their thing as if nothing happened.
That´s how i estimate PG.
"oh ppl are upset. just do as if nothing happened"
71 Pages<<1617181920>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error