71 Pages<<1516171819>>PrevNext
Rank: Driver's License
 2 users liked this post.
#401 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:03:20 AM(UTC)
Definitely not what i had expected. But I don't get it, why so much hate?
First seconds watching the trailer i thought, it's a joke...but ok, we are seriously getting a Lego DLC.
If you not like LEGO then just ignore it, don't buy/play it and don't mind other players with Lego cars then...
I'm sure it's a fun expansion to the game, I think people obsess over because it's childish and more colorful?

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 7:05:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
 7 users liked this post.
#402 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:08:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FF2020 Go to Quoted Post
...but does this mean that we will get a Forza game with a Barbie or Barney dlc/expansion in the future...


Going trough this whole thread, I'd say that so far the possible contenders for the next expansion contain (but are not limited to...):

- Scalextric
- Playmobil
- Thomas The Tank Engine
- Disney's Cars
- Barbie
- Winnie the Pooh
Rank: Driver's License
 2 users liked this post.
#403 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:09:31 AM(UTC)
I know many people have been saying that Lego will be bad. Some have said that it is proof that the game is dead. Although that extreme a statement is a minority, still it is what some say. My point is, we barely even know how good or bad It may be. People are saying that this doesn't fit the level of realism that the horizon world has. I understand that. But one thing I have noticed, before with the rumors about Lego, the consensus before the E3 reveal was hesitantly positive. But now after, it seems a lot more negative. Perhaps it is just the fact that people with stronger opinions want to share it more? I am not sure. Let me know your thoughts.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 6 users liked this post.
#404 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:09:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PappellaMab Go to Quoted Post
Definitely not what i had expected. But I don't get it, why so much hate?
First seconds watching the trailer i thought, it's a joke...but ok, we are seriously getting a Lego DLC.
If you not like LEGO then just ignore it, don't buy/play it and don't mind other players with Lego cars then...
I'm sure it's a fun expansion to the game, I think people obsess over because it's childish and more colorful?


You can't ignore it though, drivatars will use the LEGO cars and online we'll see LEGO cars too. There must be an option to disable this DLC. I didn't buy Horizon to play with friggin LEGO, i purchased Horizon because it's the open world version of one of the best racing series there is.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 7:10:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
 6 users liked this post.
#405 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:11:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OneTonSoap Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FF2020 Go to Quoted Post
...but does this mean that we will get a Forza game with a Barbie or Barney dlc/expansion in the future...


Going trough this whole thread, I'd say that so far the possible contenders for the next expansion contain (but are not limited to...):

- Scalextric
- Playmobil
- Thomas The Tank Engine
- Disney's Cars
- Barbie
- Winnie the Pooh


Don't forget Hello kitty Adventure island. That's a pretty strong contender!
Please check out my Creative Hub :)


Rank: B-Class Racing License
 10 users liked this post.
#406 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:17:37 AM(UTC)
If we had any doubts that the Forza franchise can't be taken seriously anymore, well, here's the answer. Hoonigan, Hot Wheels, LEGO. This is just another marketing stunt, nothing more. An advertisement for a partner company. It doesn't serve the value of the game, it's an ad. I know Playground put a lot of work into it, I just think it's the leadership to blame. Forza games are mostly great foundations (especially Horizon) which are then built upon, but only serve as a platform for more marketing. This is what really disappoints me. Instead of taking the Horizon Festival to new places, anywhere in the world really, a corporation comes and buys advertisement space in the game, quite literally. I'm fed up with Forza game add-ons being used as marketing tools instead of adding more value. If anything, this could have been a separate game for children. But a lot of people have bought the expansion pass even before they knew what was coming, and I doubt many hoped for a LEGO world for the second one. The developers should have either communicate what was coming in advance, or make a proper second expansion. Isle of Man? London? There are many possibilities even within Great Britain. This is just disappointing, both in regards of content and the underlying philosophy.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 7:19:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 8 users liked this post.
#407 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:18:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
Gentlemen,

We frown on the use of profanity on these forums and we frown on having to give some of you a time out for it. Please, let's find a more adult way in which to express our disappointments and remember, quoting profanity is as bad as using it yourself.

The only profanity that should ever be used when speaking of Lego is out loud when stepping on one in the dark.

Thank you and have a nice day.



Gives us kids expansion pack

Moans when people act like kids
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#408 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:21:11 AM(UTC)
Still waiting for someone to explain or show me some info that the "community" actually EVER had any say-so in expansions? When did they take a poll or a vote on what the expansions will be? I dont remember this. Someone refresh my memory please
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#409 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:21:26 AM(UTC)
I personally didn't like the idea, but I'll give it a try to have a solid conclusion.

Besides that, I really hope that the expansion is set in a completely different place that doesn't connect to our main land, because I don't wanna see Lego Cars roaming through where the real cars are. It would be very strange and destroy the realism that many of us like in this game, just cruising around with our favourite cars that are real.

Furthermore, as we can see there is some kind of house building stuff, so if the Lego cars have to be stored somewhere, I hope it's there and don't take our garage slots. My garage is full and I won't be getting rid of anything to have Lego cars in there.

Apart from that, I hope that in some way it is fun, but I'll probably play for a little bit and leave as the fun of the game for me is the real map with real cars. That's where the real immersion is.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#410 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:24:16 AM(UTC)
For me FH had the perfect amount of arcade and realisme . Not too much not too little. But the lego expansion is shifting that balance in the wrong way for me. Forza legoland should be a stand-alone game for the same price as the dlc and make another 2nd expansion for FH4. If you want that LEGO [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] you can buy Forza legoland and if you want to play FH4 you buy the 2nd expansion. So everybody would be HAPPY.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 8:12:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 4 users liked this post.
#411 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:28:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Still waiting for someone to explain or show me some info that the "community" actually EVER had any say-so in expansions? When did they take a poll or a vote on what the expansions will be? I dont remember this. Someone refresh my memory please


They didn't. Since when our main concerns about the game have been taken as a important thing to do in the game? They do what their lazy developers think it's easier to do. They got paid to put LEGO in the game.

We are still waiting for fixes and contents that we miss from previous titles. I miss good car sounds and a garage as large as from FM7, with 900 slots, but I'll never have it because... PlaygroundGames.

We have to get used to this and stop complaining in the forums. it's useless. Just go to another game and have fun there, this one has no better future.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 7:32:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 6 users liked this post.
#412 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:37:31 AM(UTC)
All this talk about realism. The expansion isn't bad because it's unrealistic, it's bad because it's 100% pointless. How will it improve anyones expierience that half of the stuff is made of plastic blocks? It won't, it is just a commercial for a product in a video game format. The kids will be excited for about a couple of weeks and then the expansion wil die and the mother game will die with it. FH4 is on life support right now, people are not playing it anymore so it needs new content, not a commercial for a toy company. The only positive thing is that this have made my future easier, now I don't have to decide on weather or not to buy the next gen xbox console or any PG/Turn 10 products ever again. Also it might be fun to witness the trainwreck that this is going to be.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#413 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:39:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Crocodilu Go to Quoted Post


You feel special with that sit down, don't you? :D But still you fail to understand what people tell you. I literally just wrote that I want a FH4 with better physics.. like... drum roll. ... Assetto Corsa, iRacing, Project Cars. Why do I always assume people are using their heads? I don't know, my bad, I'm sorry.

Good example with GT, but I'm a PC player. The rest really... are not close to FH4. Basically it's running by itself in this segment in 2019. I wish it weren't, so I can play more games, but that's the truth.

Even you can understand the huge difference between the "realism" of FH4 versus the "realism" of FH4 LEGO. Whatever that "realism" means for you or for me. If not, just follow your own advice.

Add Lego expansion to Mario Karts -> PERFECT
Add Lego expansion to Forza Horizon 4 -> BAD !


You're hilarious saying that I'm not using my head when you failed to grasp the initial reply and the last one. Oh wait, you just said you're a PC player, now the replies with you thinking what you say is gospel make sense Mr PC Master Race.

FH4 is not running by itself in this segment. I literally mentioned one before.

Now we're making progress, YOU WANT a Forza that is this and that, see how different that is compared to your initial statement of FH4 is the most realistic. It's amazing what you can do when you use the English language properly.

Shall I teach you? I can offer a series of free classes for you?

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 7:42:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#414 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:48:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ST0RM HAWK 89 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PappellaMab Go to Quoted Post

...If you not like LEGO then just ignore it, don't buy/play it and don't mind other players with Lego cars then...


You can't ignore it though, drivatars will use the LEGO cars and online we'll see LEGO cars too. There must be an option to disable this DLC. I didn't buy Horizon to play with friggin LEGO, i purchased Horizon because it's the open world version of one of the best racing series there is.


I just submitted a ticket for this issue, suggestions and feedback, https://support.forzamot...et/hc/en-us/requests/new
Rank: Racing Permit
 4 users liked this post.
#415 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:52:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XXX 2zigenTuner Go to Quoted Post
All this talk about realism. The expansion isn't bad because it's unrealistic, it's bad because it's 100% pointless. How will it improve anyones expierience that half of the stuff is made of plastic blocks? It won't, it is just a commercial for a product in a video game format. The kids will be excited for about a couple of weeks and then the expansion wil die and the mother game will die with it. FH4 is on life support right now, people are not playing it anymore so it needs new content, not a commercial for a toy company. The only positive thing is that this have made my future easier, now I don't have to decide on weather or not to buy the next gen xbox console or any PG/Turn 10 products ever again. Also it might be fun to witness the trainwreck that this is going to be.


I agree with you man, but I also think that it's about realism too. I mean, I play this game for the immersion of something I can't have on real life and, as a car enthusiast, realism is a big deal for me. The game already lacks that from the start, with poor and generic car sounds, but I gave it a shot because of the car collection and some other mechanisms that I like. I was hoping for something that would bring me back to the point where I enjoy the game, with new cars and a fun map, but I'm frustrated as you guys are.

There are two things that I hope so I don't have to leave the game entirely:

1- I really hope that the expansion is set in a completely different place that doesn't connect to our main land, because I don't wanna see Lego Cars roaming through where the real cars are. It would be very strange and destroy the realism that many of us like in this game, just cruising around with our favourite cars that are real.

2- As we can see there is some kind of house building stuff (meh), so if the Lego cars have to be stored somewhere, I hope it's there and don't take our garage slots. My garage is full and I won't be getting rid of anything to have Lego cars in there.

Apart from that, I hope that in some way it is fun, but I'll probably play for a little bit and leave as the fun of the game for me is the real map with real cars. That's where the real immersion is. And I hope you're right, they should lose their player base to see that they can't just do whatever they want in the game and everybody will accept, 'cause instead they should stop being stubborn and listen to what the community has been asking for months. And no, It's not a LEGO DLC that they got paid heavily to add to FH4. This game could be awesome but they lost their way unfortunately.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#416 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:54:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Radamanthys461 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Still waiting for someone to explain or show me some info that the "community" actually EVER had any say-so in expansions? When did they take a poll or a vote on what the expansions will be? I dont remember this. Someone refresh my memory please


They didn't. Since when our main concerns about the game have been taken as a important thing to do in the game? They do what their lazy developers think it's easier to do. They got paid to put LEGO in the game.

We are still waiting for fixes and contents that we miss from previous titles. I miss good car sounds and a garage as large as from FM7, with 900 slots, but I'll never have it because... PlaygroundGames.

We have to get used to this and stop complaining in the forums. it's useless. Just go to another game and have fun there, this one has no better future.



Exactly. Vote with your dollars, thats what it comes down to. So many people hollering they're disappointed. Thats what happens when you get your hopes. If you just let things play themselves out with little to no expectation how can you be let down? This is the same reactions when Hot Wheels came out and that one turned out to be really really fun. I enjoy the game for what it is. FM is boring so this is something new and fresh. Embrace it
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#417 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:57:07 AM(UTC)
Well, its not like we wanted a game where we end up playing dress up Barbie also, but we still got it. I still think that clothes and poses and junk like that for wheelspin rewards are lame af. At least the Lego expansion gives me something new to drive and some new stuff to do even if its not the least bit realistic. I kind of enjoyed the Hot Wheels expansion as sometimes its ok to just play for fun and not have to think about tuning, etc. Nothing wrong with little mindless fun in a game.

I honestly feel like Turn 10 is just going through the motions right how with Horizon 4 and Motorsport 7 as they are developing what I can only assume will be Motorsport 8 for Project Scarlett.
Rank: Driver's License
 5 users liked this post.
#418 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:58:49 AM(UTC)
I'm 57 years old. I'm shocked beyond belief. LEGO????? I want to swear and use every profanity I can think of..

Good bye FH4

PACO
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#419 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:10:20 AM(UTC)
I'm looking forward to the Lego expansion. I found the Hot Wheels expansion to be fun.

With this expansion they should add a car to the James Bond Pack.


James Bond Lego Car
Rank: Racing Permit
#420 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:10:27 AM(UTC)
Is this the first expansion that doesn't add new cars with it? not counting the lego cars.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#421 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:13:28 AM(UTC)
All this angst over $20, lol . I think PG knows their audience all too well as the temper tantrums sound like 5 yr olds when they don't get their way.
I'm in wait and see mode , as I understand it the expansion will be similar to a specific location on the map called Lego Valley. You actually have to go there to play it. The racetracks in the expansion may have some potential as it appears to have a banked oval in the mix.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 8:14:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#422 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:14:20 AM(UTC)
Introduction Mclaren Senna Lego Gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIEgs9OYZ68

Welcome to LEGO Valley!

Brickchester City.... Airfield with planes taking off.... Stunt Park.... Dinosaurs.... Pirate Ships.... Ghosts.... UFOs....



Relax people... you don't want to play with LEGO don't go to LEGO Valley.... I highly doubt all the drivatars are going to turn into LEGO Sennas, F40s, and Mini's on the Mainland.

Bottom line: This is and will be a very successful marketing strategy whether Forza fans like it or not. LEGO is the largest and strongest toy company brand in the world, in February 2015 it was deemed the "worlds most powerful/strongest brand" (overtaking Ferrari at the time. Ferrari has since reclaimed that title in 2019 based on Brand Finance Reports). The fact of the matter is that there are a whole lot more fans and customers that PG/Turn 10 will bring in than they will lose with this move. PG/Turn 10 are a business and the one true purpose of a commercial business is to make money. A key component to this is the ability to appeal to as large an audience as possible. This move will most definitely result in an increased fan base.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#423 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:18:50 AM(UTC)
I'm not impress! I paid good money for the expansions and the first one was fantastic, but this is ridiculous! A majority of Forza players are adults, not little kids! Why the hell would we want to play with Lego!!!

If I was working for Turn 10, I could come up with some great expansions! For example a 'Highway Patrol Pursuit Expansion'! Players can join highway patrol units and pursue other players who wish to outrun the cops! Now that would've been a better expansion. Imagine the ability to deploy road spikes, and when suspects run over them, it would disable their cars. You could have a point system whereby the pursuit car which successfully immobilizes the suspect's car, gets the most points. Points could also be awarded for using techniques such as the pit maneuver, and running the suspect off the road.

They could add police lights as an upgrade for every suitable car, as well as a siren that can be turned on and off with a button on the controller.

Now that would be fun!

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 8:23:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's License
 3 users liked this post.
#424 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:21:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PappellaMab Go to Quoted Post
Definitely not what i had expected. But I don't get it, why so much hate?
First seconds watching the trailer i thought, it's a joke...but ok, we are seriously getting a Lego DLC.
If you not like LEGO then just ignore it, don't buy/play it and don't mind other players with Lego cars then...
I'm sure it's a fun expansion to the game, I think people obsess over because it's childish and more colorful?


"it's childish" Beyond belief.!!
Turn 10, you just took a great game and murdered it with a child's toy. Congratulations.


PACO

Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#425 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 8:21:48 AM(UTC)
yeah like in the movie business Star wars & Marvel they also listened more to money than to the real fans and they lost a lot of money in some of there latest movies
71 Pages<<1516171819>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error