71 Pages<<1415161718>>PrevNext
#376 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 4:59:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DunkinDonutsNr1 Go to Quoted Post
Lemme look into my glass ball:

Forza Horizon 5, second expansion will be Barbie!!!

At least with Barbie we would have attractive characters.

7 users liked this post.
#377 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:02:26 AM(UTC)
Wait a bit. You're saying I PAID for this Lego expansion? OK, it was my first Ultimate game, everything else was good, the 1st expansion was good, so why not....
Then I get LEGO ?!?!? In FH4 ? A game I bought because it's probably the best you can get if you want the closest one to 'reality' ? Who ever even thought we'd get anything other than something similar in the 2nd expansion? Even the Hot Wheels one was OKish and I bought it afterwards.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]. Base game (if it's any good) + only the things I want.

Hope they choke on the $20 I lost.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 6:18:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

13 users liked this post.
#378 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:08:09 AM(UTC)
It's not even the point if it's going to be fun or not for me. There is a much bigger problem with this. The second expansion was supposed to last some month's until something else comes along. This game is already dying and the 2nd expansion was the only hope to save the game. We don't have enough players in the game for online races or forzathons live, ect.... This lego thing will not help at all. Maybe for a week or two max and we will be back where we were a week ago begging for some new content. It will take month's for the 3rd expansion (if there will be one?) and this game will be dead in less than a month. So you see the real problem here. Even if the lego expansion is fun it won't last for long and then WHAT. This should've been a small stand-alone game for €10 and not a DLC for Horizon 4. This doesn't mix with the rest of the game.You can see in the trailer that the normal cars are to big for the lego Streets especially in the city. And why would you want to drive a lego car in the main map. Bad marriage. Hot Wheels & Lego is NOT the same. HotWheels blend in perfectly and brought some new cars in the game. We even use the hotwheels cars in FM7 & FH4. But will you use a lego car in FM7. Would you want a DLC lego car pack in FM8 or FH4. This lego expansion doesn't bring anything to the main game and will not help future FORZA games. once again perfect stand alone game but not a DLC. I stil really really hope that this is one big JOKE and they will release the real expansion on the 13 of june. It all began for me with the first Forza motosport and in all those years i never never posted anything on the forums BUT this changed like a week ago ( first rumors of LEGO). i'm so frustrated and really disappointed now. So this is the thanks i get for all those years of loyalty to the Forza games. I'm sorry for the long post but i really needed to get this of my chest. Horizon 4 R.I.P.
 6 users liked this post.
#379 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:11:49 AM(UTC)
Lego and Forza? Count me in. This'll be a fun little distraction while we wait until next years holiday season for Forza 8.
Plus it'll be a fun game i can play with my sons who are both car and Lego mad.
Yes it's not what a lot of people were hoping for. I for example wanted something that showed the south of England is a thing, or Wales for that matter. But we knew it would be something like this after getting Hot Wheels last time.
To those complaining, you know there are other games right? Yeah you're disappointed but some of the comments in this thread are nothing short of vitriol and hyperbole. We don't even know what the expansion involves and you've already claimed the death of the franchise. Take a pill, sit down, breathe, and count to 10!
 3 users liked this post.
#380 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:12:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Crocodilu Go to Quoted Post
A game I bought because it's probably the best you can get if you want the closest one to 'reality' ?

If you think FH4 is the closest game to reality, then I have news for you......
 6 users liked this post.
#381 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:17:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sonic6L Go to Quoted Post
A game I bought because it's probably the best you can get if you want the closest one to 'reality' ?

The quote flew over your head, didn't it.
I meant it's probably one of the best looking car games at the moment, with good physics and great visuals. I knew since I wrote 'reality' there will be some to completely miss the point.
So... imagine FH4, with it's visuals and the physics from a real sim game and maybe you'll understand what I mean and why a Lego expansion in this game makes me wanna puke.
It's my money, so I can puke whenever I want ;)

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 5:18:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#382 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:30:45 AM(UTC)
Such an utter dissapointment, I am really sad about this as they just got the game to a level by adding features and finally fixing most of the annoying stuff which is pretty ok, and threw away all for this reskin of maps and cars whit something really ridiculous. People had high hopes and you just spit in the facevof the supportive majority of the playerbase. Well done T10...
 8 users liked this post.
#383 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:31:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post

To those complaining, you know there are other games right? Yeah you're disappointed but some of the comments in this thread are nothing short of vitriol and hyperbole. We don't even know what the expansion involves and you've already claimed the death of the franchise. Take a pill, sit down, breathe, and count to 10!

Maybe that is because for many Horizon series is dying. I cant see myself buying FH5 because PG is taking Horizon in direction that i dont like. And it's not just LEGO expansion it's just cherry top of the cake after all dissapoiments Horizon is offer so far with H4. So PG can take Horizon so childish and arcade direction they want im not just on that train.
 17 users liked this post.
#384 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:35:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phatphil87 Go to Quoted Post

But why would you want to keep playing a rehash of the same game? They're trying to do something a little different to every other racing game out there. Also you paid £80 for the basic game and all the dlc which is a pretty good bargain these days. Playground games are a company they'll do what makes them the most money bot what a handful of people on a forum want

I can only speak for myself here and this is strictly my personal opinion that in no way indicates how anyone else might think about this, but in my eyes it's the same reason why some people want to keep playing COD or any of the numerous annual sport games.

The idea of a open world semi-arcade racing game is my COD. It's my Madden. Horizon series has the absolute best physics and car models in this particular segment so that is the bedrock for me, all I need is additional vehicles, new maps and features introduced with every installment. I would personally want to see this series move in the direction Test Drive Unlimited was going for before it's demise. Admittedly that games execution when it came to physics, voiceovers and graphics was so far behind Horizon 1 it was like a head to head against a hot hatch in a X class car. But the few things Test Drive did right, it did so well that there has not been one game after it that has been even in the same ballpark.

When it comes to wanting something different I want to see different countries, different biomes. Different properties I can customize with garages where I can showcase my car collection. Purchasing a car from a specific dealership location and being able to choose the individual factory spec before even customizing it myself. Lots of more customization options, ability to toggle lights, windows, convertible roof, valve exhaust or even driving mode etc. Almost all of this was found in a game over a decade ago! I just want to see it brought to modern age with Microsoft's publishing resources.

I am repeating the same thing I have said in this thread previously, but for me this game is about escapism. There is no chance that in real life I would or will ever be able to drive a Mclaren Senna in city streets among the traffic, exhaust echoing off the walls. This game allows me to do just that, and I love it. The game provides a fantasy that is easy to immerse into as it's based on a extensive roster of real highly exclusive and exotic vehicles, and a real location with enough simulation to make the driving feel almost impeccable but enough arcade to make it forgiving enough, so it doesnt lead into ending up with you dead in a burning husk of a vehicle wrapped around a tree.

Now when it comes to a Lego set, I could literally jump in my car right now, drive to my local supermarket and purchase the Speed Racers Lego set. There is no fantasy or immersion, there is only a 3D model of a cheap plastic toy I could afford to buy immediately in real life. That doesn't give a grown up player with a day job the same escapism or immersion than it probably gives to a little kid who is hoping that they might get a set for their birthday or as a christmas present.

I totally understand why the team is going for the younger demographic so heavily now, especially as the lifecycle of this generation of Xbox is nearing it's end. They need to move some console bundles during this christmas to get rid of excess stock before Scarlett comes around in 2020 and a nice rated-E Lego car game will move those base model units really well.

All I am asking that the players are given a option to hide all Lego/Hot Wheels/Fantasy content from their game if they are not interested in it. It is obvious there are quite a few players that share my opinion of not wanting to play with virtual childrens toys, just please give us the option to not do that or even see that content in our game. It is a simple matchmaking filter so it doesnt require any significant resources to implement but it would make many enthusiast players happy among this community.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 5:46:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Inertia creeps
 5 users liked this post.
#385 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:39:50 AM(UTC)
I Was OK with it being in Britain, I Was OK with them taking away a huge chunk of cars I Actually used, This... I'm Not OK.

Ah well... time to go Dust off The Crew 2, Maybe I Might find more Enjoyment in that.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 5:42:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Playing Forza Since Motorsport 3, Huge Horizon Fan.
 6 users liked this post.
#386 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:42:38 AM(UTC)
I'm 3 years old and i wanted a LEGO DUPLO expansion because i'm not old enough to play with regular LEGOS. So no LEGO expansion for me.
 3 users liked this post.
#387 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:45:33 AM(UTC)

The quote flew over your head, didn't it.
I meant it's probably one of the best looking car games at the moment, with good physics and great visuals. I knew since I wrote 'reality' there will be some to completely miss the point.
So... imagine FH4, with it's visuals and the physics from a real sim game and maybe you'll understand what I mean and why a Lego expansion in this game makes me wanna puke.
It's my money, so I can puke whenever I want ;)

No, it didn't fly over my head. I don't think you understand, so I'll leave it there.....

Sit down.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 5:46:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#388 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:48:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CrystalFoolz Go to Quoted Post
I Was OK with it being in Britain, I Was OK with them taking away a huge chunk of cars I Actually used, This... I'm Not OK.

Ah well... time to go Dust off The Crew 2, Maybe I Might find more Enjoyment in that.

The Crew 2 is MILES ahead of The Crew 1. I enjoyed it.
#389 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:51:27 AM(UTC)

At First I Found it's system of making money a little frustrating because you had to Actually put in work to get a car, But then I Compared it to FH4 in terms of Money Management/earning and Even Modding your Car, and holy **** did i come to love that game... It's just that it feels like in Horizon you barely have to put in work to earn Money, just mess around for a few minutes and eventually you'll get a wheelspin.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 5:52:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Playing Forza Since Motorsport 3, Huge Horizon Fan.
 6 users liked this post.
#390 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:55:54 AM(UTC)

No, it didn't fly over my head. I don't think you understand, so I'll leave it there.....

Sit down.

Trust me, it did, stop being a smarta..s. You know very well what I meant, there are tens/hundreds of people in the topic saying the same thing. We bought a game with a certain degree in "realism" (here I go again..), probably the best out there in this regard and now we get a toy-kid expansion. That we paid in advance, never expecting it to be like that.

Kinda like I'm buying Cyberpunk 2077 + it's 2-3 expansion sets (undisclosed) and after 1 year, I get a Tetris super competition that somehow (stupidly) integrates with the game.
This is what we got, capisci now ?

1 user liked this post.
#391 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:01:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: igrvks Go to Quoted Post
All I am asking that the players are given a option to hide all Lego/Hot Wheels/Fantasy content from their game if they are not interested in it. It is obvious there are quite a few players that share my opinion of not wanting to play with virtual childrens toys, just please give us the option to not do that or even see that content in our game. It is a simple matchmaking filter so it doesnt require any significant resources to implement but it would make many enthusiast players happy among this community.

I just submitted a ticket for this, suggestions and feedback, https://support.forzamot...et/hc/en-us/requests/new
 2 users liked this post.
#392 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:03:49 AM(UTC)

Sit down.

Trust me, it did, stop being a smarta..s. You know very well what I meant, there are tens/hundreds of people in the topic saying the same thing. We bought a game with a certain degree in "realism" (here I go again..), probably the best out there in this regard and now we get a toy-kid expansion. That we paid in advance, never expecting it to be like that.

Kinda like I'm buying Cyberpunk 2077 + it's 2-3 expansion sets (undisclosed) and after 1 year, I get a Tetris super competition that somehow (stupidly) integrates with the game.
This is what we got, capisci now ?

Yawn. No, it didn't. You made a vague point, you got brought up on that point and you don't like it. Don't post on a public forum if you don't like getting called up on vague and quite frankly stupid points.

My original point stands. If you think FH4 is one of the most realistic games out there, then I have news for you and you're gonna have a bad time.

Let's break down your post, most realistic game out there:

Physics.... No... Assetto Corsa, iRacing, Project Cars.
Great visuals/best looking... To an extent but GT has it beat, easily, even TC2 and PC has it beat in some lighting situations.

Just because YOU think it's one of the most realistic, which it isn't, doesn't make it gospel.

FH4 is a simcade at best.

Again, sit down or exit stage left.

At First I Found it's system of making money a little frustrating because you had to Actually put in work to get a car, But then I Compared it to FH4 in terms of Money Management/earning and Even Modding your Car, and holy **** did i come to love that game... It's just that it feels like in Horizon you barely have to put in work to earn Money, just mess around for a few minutes and eventually you'll get a wheelspin.

If you're a high enough Tier level, all Forza games become easy, I get 425,000cr in my games, each week, as long as I redeem it, just for being Tier 12, not that I'm complaining but I do agree with you. Drifting feels easier in FH4 than in TC2 for me but it's a good game, especially when buying it from the bargain bucket.

I took a few months off from FH4, soon as I turned it back on, I had about 20 super wheelspins waiting for me.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 6:19:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#393 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:06:22 AM(UTC)
Hahahahahahahaha yes.

Go to Motorsport they said. It's where the real racing content is they said. So, I did and within an hour I was bowling in a limo. lol…

My kids will absolutely love the legos, though.

Still lots of potential for more racing content around each car and/or division (the showcase events are fantastic), and doing more with car parts (collecting them by car division — Classic Muscle Race Exhaust, etc to make the game just a little more progressive and rewarding over time). Looking forward to FH5 and FM8.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 10:03:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#394 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:11:58 AM(UTC)
Not even Ea or Ubisoft would do such a pathetic expansion to their racing games. I bet they are laughing like crazy right now. Look... the 5 years kids got their new expansion and it`s Lego bricks.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 6:16:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 users liked this post.
#395 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:21:56 AM(UTC)
Regarding expansions:

Fast and Furious works because it’s a franchise about actual modded cars (many of which I’d love to see in FH4)

Hot-Wheels kinda works when you consider that the ‘Hotwheels’ cars aren’t super-sized die-casts but ACTUAL specials built with working parts in real-life. I think there is a real-life twin-mill even in the real-world!

Lego cars though? Minifigures? I’m a massive Lego fan...but don’t want them in my driving game that is supposed to be vaguely realistic and set around a music-festival.

A real ‘jump the shark’ moment for me here with the franchise. And gutted I paid for it in advance. That’s my lesson-learned.
#396 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:25:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: marksbros6 Go to Quoted Post
I think there is a real-life twin-mill even in the real-world!

Correct, it was unveiled at SEMA 2014 IIRC.

IIRC there's been a few built.

http://justacarguy.blogs...in-mill-designed-by.html

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 6:26:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#397 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:27:02 AM(UTC)

Yawn. No, it didn't. You made a vague point, you got brought up on that point and you don't like it. Don't post on a public forum if you don't like getting called up on vague and quite frankly stupid points.

My original point stands. If you think FH4 is one of the most realistic games out there, then I have news for you and you're gonna have a bad time.

Let's break down your post, most realistic game out there:

Physics.... No... Assetto Corsa, iRacing, Project Cars.
Great visuals/best looking... To an extent but GT has it beat, easily, even TC2 and PC has it beat in some lighting situations.

Just because YOU think it's one of the most realistic, which it isn't, doesn't make it gospel.

FH4 is a simcade at best.

Again, sit down or exit stage left.

You feel special with that sit down, don't you? :D But still you fail to understand what people tell you. I literally just wrote that I want a FH4 with better physics.. like... drum roll. ... Assetto Corsa, iRacing, Project Cars. Why do I always assume people are using their heads? I don't know, my bad, I'm sorry.

Good example with GT, but I'm a PC player. The rest really... are not close to FH4. Basically it's running by itself in this segment in 2019. I wish it weren't, so I can play more games, but that's the truth.

Even you can understand the huge difference between the "realism" of FH4 versus the "realism" of FH4 LEGO. Whatever that "realism" means for you or for me. If not, just follow your own advice.

Add Lego expansion to Mario Karts -> PERFECT
Add Lego expansion to Forza Horizon 4 -> BAD !
#398 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:31:37 AM(UTC)
I'm just waiting for them to tie a giveaway of 812 Superfasts to the Lego expansion. Anytime we don't want to do something, PG ties a car to it to try to get us to do it anyway.
 4 users liked this post.
#399 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:49:54 AM(UTC)
Disappointed, that's how I feel about this. Sure, a Lego game is cool and all, but not mixed with an almost-real kind of game. And when I say "real" I mean it in the looks department, not in sound or physics. And I understand this is a business and profit is number one in any business, but does this mean that we will get a Forza game with a Barbie or Barney dlc/expansion in the future if their creators pay the right price? I know that my comments or actions won't change anything, but I'm not getting the ultimate version any more, and I'm even considering not pre-ordering the next Forza games until I think they're worth getting
 2 users liked this post.
#400 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:56:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Potbox Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: igrvks Go to Quoted Post

I just submitted a ticket for this, suggestions and feedback, https://support.forzamot...et/hc/en-us/requests/new

I'm with you on this one. Just submitted a ticket as well.

71 Pages<<1415161718>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error