71 Pages<<1112131415>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#301 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:12:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UltraViolent HD Go to Quoted Post

Totally not digging the LEGO vibe, no more ultimate editions for me.

Also, can we stop calling it LEGOS when its LEGO, that would be awesome.

Also, how are there SO MANY long time Forza fans who are only tier 1? Just curious. 🤔

Forums are broken. When you are logged off, everybody is Tier 1. When you are logged in, everybody is Tier 4, except you (unless the correct tier for you is as well 4).

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 2:13:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#302 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:13:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FM sheep Go to Quoted Post

BTW, how do you guys define sims? cuz reading this thread only convince me that you guys just use it as an excuse

Horizon is sim for me because of physics. And that's the reason why Lego could be great.

#303 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:16:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: andrOOrdna Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: UltraViolent HD Go to Quoted Post

Totally not digging the LEGO vibe, no more ultimate editions for me.

Also, can we stop calling it LEGOS when its LEGO, that would be awesome.

Also, how are there SO MANY long time Forza fans who are only tier 1? Just curious. 🤔

Forums are broken. When you are logged off, everybody is Tier 1. When you are logged in, everybody is Tier 4, except you (unless the correct tier for you is as well 4).

Ah okay thanks, I already edited my original comment before I saw this reply. 😂
 7 users liked this post.
#304 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:16:52 AM(UTC)
what a bunch of spoiled entitled immature brats. yes some people won't like the expansion but the majority will. bunch of CRYBABIES.
 1 user liked this post.
#305 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:17:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: H0lyb33r Go to Quoted Post
I didn't like the idea and trailer but as a concept it looks great. Maybe I am wrong but I think I will enjoy it a lot for some time. It's not a base game, it's DLC. Experimentation should be welcomed there.

Experimentation should be welcomed when players gave theirs approvals, which is, not the case.

Really? You are the all players? :D I don't think PG should ask anybody. It's their game and they can see selling numbers and spent hours.

The exact reason why they're going downhill and what selling number? how many of those are from game pass
 5 users liked this post.
#306 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:17:40 AM(UTC)
I thought Forza Street would be the last disappointment with Forza brand.

How wrong I was...
 2 users liked this post.
#307 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:21:20 AM(UTC)
Seems like this was the first and last time i buy the complete edition lol.

I mean, the game itself has more than paid it's price already for me as it has been the first racing game i've enjoyed in AGES (This and Horizon 3 actually, being the only ones on PC), but this...this just would have worked so much better as a separate game. It's way too out of place and just looks wrong.

Yeah it's not a simulator and all that, but that's hardly an excuse to go this absurdly far with nonsense that has no logical place in a game like this. It's almost like if Witcher 3 got a Minecraft expansion.

Still, maybe this will be fun for a while, i just hope they add some real cars too and REALLY hope the lego cars are restricted to the expansion area or something.
#308 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:23:50 AM(UTC)
I wonder if we are being used as the Guinea pigs and this is a trial for a full release Forza Lego Champion Racers bi-annual title and that FM and FH are going to be somehow merged into one new all encompassing title (with separate online lobbies) when Scarlet releases?
 6 users liked this post.
#309 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:24:13 AM(UTC)
I'm 27 and "new" to Forza.

Despite loving those, I totally abandonned car games after the Playstation 2 and Gran Turismo series.
I've tried a few arcade games like NFS, a few sims like Project Cars, but yeah ... meh.

And then Forza Horizon showed up, the 3 caught my attention : a sweet spot between a sim and an arcade game, a "fun game" but with realistic-ish mecanics and a huge variety of cars.

I bought FH4 Standard edition to give it a go and it was a blast, really enjoyed it :
- Awesome solo content
- Awesome content
- Fortune Island felt "meh" but I still found it pretty decent
- A few unbalanced cars such as the Ram TRX and MOSTLY THE BONE SHAKER

But then :
- Online racing felt awful with rammers and wall riding but Turn10 fixed it and it now feels awesome so I guessed "Oh they finally found what's important for their playerbase" so I eventually ended up with great expectations for the upcoming xpac.

So yeah ... LEGOs, what a disappointment. I'm pretty sure LEGO would feel awesome in a Mario Kart-ish game but come on, in a game with such realistic cars and driving (I mean dirt air in such a game, that's awesome).

I know only the "elders" are posting here but I'm pretty sure even "teenagers" are feeling the same about Legos in FH.

The Hot Wheels stuff, the Hoonigan stuff ... I mean, "sure", teenagers probably enjoyed such a thing and being objective, those cars remained a decent addition.
The Halo and the FF fantasy cars ? I'm okay with that, they're not OP, they're not bothering me, they "could" exist, I'm fine with that.

But LEGOs ... Nope.

So I know now it's too late to rant, I'm pretty sure "work is almost done anyway" and I know Turn10 will release this content anyway but now, please save this game :

Don't make those cars great ones*, or atleast :
- Don't have them in the "regular" brackets
- Forbid those cars on Mainland
- Forbid those cars in online racing

* : But yeah seriously, don't make the Lego Senna as fast as a Regular Senna guys
 4 users liked this post.
#310 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:28:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wodanswolf45 Go to Quoted Post
what a bunch of spoiled entitled immature brats. yes some people won't like the expansion but the majority will. bunch of CRYBABIES.

People have a right to be upset. Most of the fanbase of Horizon are 25+

1 user liked this post.
#311 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:29:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FM sheep Go to Quoted Post
I didn't like the idea and trailer but as a concept it looks great. Maybe I am wrong but I think I will enjoy it a lot for some time. It's not a base game, it's DLC. Experimentation should be welcomed there.

Experimentation should be welcomed when players gave theirs approvals, which is, not the case.

Really? You are the all players? :D I don't think PG should ask anybody. It's their game and they can see selling numbers and spent hours.

The exact reason why they're going downhill and what selling number? how many of those are from game pass

I think asking "community" is flawed concept because it's hard to distinguish noise from real data. For instance, Rivals. You don't need to ask if anybody wants it. It's a must have feature for every racing game. Some polls are good style of asking too but still PG are the creators and if they want space ships in the next Horizon only sales will show if it is a good idea.

They have every number, so they know how popular is the game.
 3 users liked this post.
#312 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:30:46 AM(UTC)

And as you can see, almost everybody is **** ed off about this expansion.

It's their game but its our money. No money = no game for them, so yeah.
 3 users liked this post.
#313 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:34:03 AM(UTC)
Thanos once said that *Reality is often disappointing.*. So he got the Reality Stone and now *Reality can be whatever i want.*.

But seriously, it will be only be fun for casuals or petrol kids who own speedcross cars but disappointing for hard core Forza Fans and car enthusiasts.

People play Horizon for three things, Immersion, cars, and racing but Lego? It doesn't even have a single reason of why people play Forza. Sure, it has cars and racing but the immersion is bad and so is the cars and the racing. Sure, Hot Wheels is the same but atleast it checks the cars and the racing.
 2 users liked this post.
#314 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:38:17 AM(UTC)

That's the problem. How many active people are here now? 200? How many people will play Lego? Few millions? You will always have your Horizon, this DLC is some $20 addition and doesn't affect anything.
 8 users liked this post.
#315 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:40:07 AM(UTC)
I don't see what all the fuss is about, looks great.

Can't wait to play it.
#316 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:44:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post

I wasn't aware of that, I just Googled the speed set and you are absolutely 100% correct - it is age rated at 7-14.
I thought this game was rated E for everyone? I am 52, so I guess I'm not allowed to buy it anymore?

Age rated 7-14 lol!
 1 user liked this post.
#317 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:44:43 AM(UTC)
Hello. I love Forza horizon and this new expansion looks fantastic! I would like to know if the airport in this amazing expansion will have planes which take off and land. This would be amazing! I love planes ✈️ and LEGO so if planes moved, it would be the best feature ever in Forza horizon!
 4 users liked this post.
#318 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:47:30 AM(UTC)

That's the problem. How many active people are here now? 200? How many people will play Lego? Few millions? You will always have your Horizon, this DLC is some $20 addition and doesn't affect anything.

Mainly because the base map is empty, deadliving and I play Forza for its "realism" (I mean, you drive in a map close to reality, not in a gameplay way and I guess, a lot of players wanted more diversity. Lego is not what we were looking for.

This sums up everything. Lego WAS NOT we were looking for. Is it that hard to understand ?
 5 users liked this post.
#319 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:52:15 AM(UTC)
Emotes, silly leopard skin outfits and hats were bad enough for a once great franchise, yet this comes as no surprise to me at all, oddly enough.
It's the new trend - inclusivity, and believe me, it won't stop at Lego.
RYZEN 2600X ASUS ROG RX580 8GB 32Gb RAM
#320 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:59:17 AM(UTC)

Mainly because the base map is empty, deadliving and I play Forza for its "realism" (I mean, you drive in a map close to reality, not in a gameplay way and I guess, a lot of players wanted more diversity. Lego is not what we were looking for.

This sums up everything. Lego WAS NOT we were looking for. Is it that hard to understand ?

That's true but it's what you get. Reality is big part of the Horizon... but what about danger signs? Is it real enough? :D This Lego stuff will be hidden in it's own location.

Lego is a new idea and could work. I am not sure because I don't have it yet. Forza physics with Lego cars? Sounds good to me!

The problem is many people want new cars and locations. New cars are expensive and we already have 630! cars. It's crazy how huge it is. Many things here people want don't make much sense.

I know, some must have features like class based rivals are not in the game yet and it's a shame but I think Lego was not the project which slowed it down... I hope so :D
 2 users liked this post.
#321 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 3:03:27 AM(UTC)
Maybe there is now room to add an open world element to Motorsport, as much as reaching and tracks are my bread and butter, I'd love to have some long mountain roads/country/coastal roads to relax on/time trial/race on with as its clear we will never get this with a Horizon game. Its seems Horizon has gone from being a slightly more relaxed and forgiving open world Forza Motorsport to a full on silly arcade "go everywhere at 250mph while smashing everything and doing a 1000ft jumps" game. If they want huge sales and a causal audience, why don't they just make a kart racer with all the Microsoft properties and characters that is separate from Forza.
 11 users liked this post.
#322 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 3:03:46 AM(UTC)
Oh No. No. No. No.

I had hoped to not come back to these Forums, but. No Choice.

Like a lot of Players who have been with Forza since the very First Title, I feel Properly Slapped across the Face by this!

I have spent literally Thousands of Pounds on Forza over the Years, yet, this is how Playground treats Me? Am I a Joke to You as well as to the rest of Society?

And to think, I wasted £80 on this Trash! Horizon 4 is easily one of the Worst "Triple A" Racing Games I have ever Played! I am not going to ask for My Money back, as I am more than aware of the Concept of "Caveat Emptor"- Buyer. Beware! But, I tell You this. Never. Again. not unless there are some Drastic Changes!

I already swore, when FH4 went "Live Services" and started to Force Multiplayer, that H4 was My Last Horizon. Now this has Happened, and I, someone who has been with Forza since the Original Xbox, has been chucked aside like Yesterdays Newspaper in favour of a bunch of 6 Year Olds who will Probably never even get to Play this Expansion anyway because their Parents will think £80 is too expensive for a Game, or that £500 is too expensive for a Console when a Switch is only £150, or, who, Quite Understandably, will Refuse to Buy Little Tommy a Platform that also hosts "Disgusting Murder Simulator" (in their Parental Eyes) Titles like Gears or COD or Halo, I have now gone a Step Further.

As a result of this Complete and total utter Slap in My Face, FH4 isn't My last Horizon, its not even My Last Forza, its My last "Xbox" Title! Period! I am going Back to the PlayStation with the Next Generation. Well done Playground, You just cost Xbox Games Studios a Customer who has been Loyal for over Fifteen Years. Very well done Indeed.

The Only way to get Me to Play the Next Forza now is to have Me work on the Design Document, and I Know for a Fact that is not going to Happen!

This is Forza's "Duke Nukem Forever" Moment, when the Established Fans where thrown aside and treated as a Bad Joke in Favour of Halo Fans who refused to even Play the Game because it wasn't called Halo and the series Died as a Result of the Developers complete and total utter Contempt for their Established Fans :(

I feel completely Disrespected, I feel like I am nothing more than a Joke, I had Enough of that Feeling at Secondary School! So I am Beyond Furious that I have been Treated that way after spending Eighty. Stuffing. Pounds! on the "Privilege". This. Is. Disgusting!

And to think, I was Working on a Gameplay Design Document for a Fan-Idea FH5 that would have got the franchise more back to its FH2 era Self and allowed it to go out with a Bang rather than a Whimper... I might keep working on it, as it really does seem to Me that You at Playground might have No Idea what You are doing to the Franchise! so someone else, from the Fanbase, clearly needs to guide You in My Opinion! but I really feel like I am wasting My Time in doing so and I may as well change it to a Concept for an Open World Gran Turismo :(

What. Is. Wrong. With You at Playground? Why are You doing this to Your Established Fans? why are You treating us with so Little Respect.

Its not too late However.

Cancel the Expansion. Now! Make it its own Stand-Alone Game, and You Might just Save what little is Left of Forza's Dignity!

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 3:11:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: removing the Block Caps as they rather ruin the Point I am trying to make!

3 users liked this post.
#323 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 3:06:56 AM(UTC)
Funfact: on twitter and youtube the most people love the Lego-Expansion
 2 users liked this post.
#324 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 3:10:21 AM(UTC)

That's true but it's what you get. Reality is big part of the Horizon... but what about danger signs? Is it real enough? :D This Lego stuff will be hidden in it's own location.

Lego is a new idea and could work. I am not sure because I don't have it yet. Forza physics with Lego cars? Sounds good to me!

The problem is many people want new cars and locations. New cars are expensive and we already have 630! cars. It's crazy how huge it is. Many things here people want don't make much sense.

I know, some must have features like class based rivals are not in the game yet and it's a shame but I think Lego was not the project which slowed it down... I hope so :D

A city would have been great. I mean, a real city, such as London, i don't know .. a city like NFS U2. Would have been great and street races would make sense ('k street races while the majority of them take place in forest).

Maybe a track like Silverstone.

Still, we are lacking some MAJOR features in the game (car comparison, paintjob previsualizaion before downlonad ... ) and they dont seem to listen to us. As I already stated, FH4 is my first Horizon game, (I only played FM2 many years ago on X360). Sure the game is mostly fun but has many drawbacks but overall, this game is average. This LEGO thing just killed the respect and hope we could have for this game.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 3:16:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#325 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 3:11:06 AM(UTC)
Hello !
I play FH4 since its release, and I have been on the forum for several months as well.

Until then, nothing had prompted me to participate.
But then I must say that I'm glad I did not buy blindly the ultimate edition or the expansion pack.

I hate this mode of putting everything in lego sauce in video games so it is certainly not to buy this horror.

Game over !
71 Pages<<1112131415>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error