71 Pages<<7891011>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#201 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:14:35 PM(UTC)
Is it April Fool's Day again already?
 2 users liked this post.
#202 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:15:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RED RIDER NL Go to Quoted Post
RetroKrystal: What does Forza Horizon mean to you?

Literally No One: Lego

So you missed ALL the posts that stated
" WE want Lego" lol

SIC

Could have been worse
Could have got the Duplo versions
Oops that's next

Nah Tyco slot cars from the 80's would be my guess.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:16:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#203 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:15:28 PM(UTC)
This is why I don't buy ultimate editions. Just so I don't have to complain when this happens.

I'll reserve any opinions until it comes out, but damn they actually did it, huh? I'm not even mad, just wow. I see how Hot Wheels fits in, but come on. So many awesome things they could have got licensed for Forza and tied into an expansion, but we get Lego...

May god have mercy on FM8.
 7 users liked this post.
#204 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:15:55 PM(UTC)
So, they ignore everything the community actually wants and then release this, which has obviously gone down less than favourably.
Reading the twitter comments alone proves it’s not just us on the forum who are peeved by this.

The ball hasn’t been dropped.....it’s been shipped to a different country and then shot.

Well done PG and turn 10.
Call of duty has taken ten plus games to off its self, you’ve managed it in 4.
 3 users liked this post.
#205 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:20:11 PM(UTC)
Dry your eyes, kids. Everything is awesome!
#206 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:20:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Professor RAWR Go to Quoted Post
I feel like i'm also one of the rare ones who's actually really excited for the expansion. It's different, unique, looks really fun for all ages, etc.

Wait.... people actually think or want this game to be realistic? LOL Huuurrr duuuurrr I want rEAlisM huuurr duuurr"

Yea... driving off a high hill over 100 MPH and surviving, able to race a jet, able to race against a hovercraft boat is totally realistic... that's the vanilla of the game too...

In my view, I also view this and the last Forza Horizon game as a fun, crazy, and arcade game. What I also love about is that it stands out especially after the Hot Wheels pack too. Like, what other racer series does that atm? I barely play Motorsports because of how repetitive/boring it is imo. I can say i'm more of a arcade racer than a "simulator racer" or whatever you guys wanna say. This is what I love about Horizon now. Yea.... we may not get new cars atm, but at least the expansion is something unique that can gain potential new drivers. No not just kids.... but also adults like myself who loves Legos and something different too.

Dude just Shut up realism is phisics now? All the cars people city is what?
 3 users liked this post.
#207 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:21:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Twisted1013 Go to Quoted Post

Because the forums make up less than 1% of the entire player base. Which I’m sure contains more players in 3-18 range than 18+. Hence why it’s rated accordingly.

Do you really thing that there is more under 18 age players than players at 18+ or are you just trolling? In overall avarage age of gamers is over 30 and players under 18 are less than 1/3 of players and yet you say that Horizon have more under players under 18 than over.

@SheepXKiller it's not just forum and twitter, reddit and even instagram have all the same in comments.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:29:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#208 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:21:52 PM(UTC)
This is gonna be one awkward stream tomorrow.
 6 users liked this post.
#209 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:23:12 PM(UTC)
When I heard the rumor a week ago I was like, ha good one! Now it turns out the joke is reality. Sigh...

RIP Horizon.
Mod Edit - Link removed. Do not repost. - D
 8 users liked this post.
#210 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:24:23 PM(UTC)
Let me add another 'There. Is. Zero. Chance. I. Buy. Another. Ultimate. Edition.'
 9 users liked this post.
#211 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:25:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForbiddenBeef21 Go to Quoted Post

Well, that looks about 10 times more lame than I thought it possibly could, and that's saying a lot.

I could and did avoid the fh3 hot wheels expansion. Didn't rant, just shook my head and avoided it because I could. I noticed the direction, though.

Now in fh4, ive had to look at clown lookin' characters, that are sometimes actually clowns, doing stupid (self-edit) dances to get access to all the cars. I've had to put up with children spamming stupid (self-edit) phrases across my screen when I'm trying to drive. That ain't zen. Then they made the Boneshaker to be the most obvious choice in its class for ranked play, by a wider margin than in other classes, and the did it on purpose. The real, model of a toy Boneshaker does not perform. Ramming by the AI gets worse with every title, and PG gives off a strong vibe that when they finally did try to address SOME ramming issues with players, it was done degrudgingly and only partially. Press releases have smilingly painted pictures of vehicular warfare. Basic, classic features left out of the game entirely ...

... and next I'm going to be seeing (self-edit) Lego cars driving around, with no recourse.

The direction of the franchise looks pretty clear to me. The dots connect in a straight line. I guess that's moot, though, we're already here.

This was me keeping it short, refraining from using a flamethrower, which I could do. I'm there.
#212 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:31:59 PM(UTC)
Now we want a 3th expansion, someone do a strawpool thread lets vote!
 6 users liked this post.
#213 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:32:26 PM(UTC)
Adding Lego to Forza Horizon - it's something insanely stupid and unfair to players who purchased the Ultimate Edition. Lego has nothing to do with racing and realistic open world. Lego is something for kids under age 12 and for a few other 'infantilish' nerds pretending to be adults. It looks like major part of the FH4 product management group is still living with their parents. It's not cool, it's really pathetic. And most of the positive comments about Lego expansion here are looking pretty much the same, as it was done by PG product owners who is trying/making miserable attempts to control the opinion of their player base and somehow diminish the noise about this fiasco. Yes, adding this junk to the game with the realistic open world is a fiasco for most of the players in FH4. They took the money from the Ultimate Edition owners and decided to build something to bring more kids to the game and basically shown a finger to the players who prepaid this expansion. PG, kids are not buying the Ultimate Edition and your game is way expensive for such kids. I really hope they won't be able to sell it well as an expansion, so at least next time they'll think twice before doing something that's totally off from what's their loyal players are asking for.
 1 user liked this post.
#214 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:34:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: McCutcheon2010 Go to Quoted Post
So can we start a petition to get rid of this because I didn’t pay $100 for a 8 year olds racing game.. To me I feel this is a huge disappointment seeing that never once did I see anything about legos being asked for anywhere it’s very disappointing playground games didn’t care about fan base input

Too late mate
This one is done and isnt gonna change
#215 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:37:02 PM(UTC)
No new cars?
 30 users liked this post.
#216 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:45:32 PM(UTC)
*Sigh*

Do you guys remember the first Forza Horizon? Music festival culture met car culture for the first time on the open road. Racing actual in-game characters to eventually dethroning the reigning Horizon champion Darius Flynt. The thrill of finding your first barn find.. actual automotive focused DLC.. great driving roads. It was an open world Forza Motorsport. Period. No gimmicks, no stupidity. Now we have this, LEGO. What's happened to this franchise?

I don't mean to be dramatic, but I really believe Playground Games has ruined this franchise. From censoring the music, half of what the Horizon series was founded on, the stupid gimmicks and spin-offs, pointless clothing and emotes, and all the other bone-headed game mechanic decisions, it's clear what direction they are taking our beloved game. It's not what Forza is. It's not what I've spent the better part of my life playing and supporting.

I'm not even mad anymore, just so disappointed. I haven't played FH4 in a couple months, but I'll try the LEGO expansion since regrettably I have the Ultimate Edition. After that, it'll go back on the shelf. I'm not a fan of these ultimatum type of posts but this comes from the heart; this will be my last Horizon game.

🇨🇦
#217 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:54:25 PM(UTC)
https://www.lego.com/en-us/themes/speed-champions

I guess this expansion will not include a "new" car.
For example, their commentary on this DLC is as if all cars were LEGO Speed Champions Edition.
Then have a look at the Speed Champions lineup featured on the LEGO website. Almost all the cars they have lineup have already appeared in the Forza franchise.

And the car introduced by the trailer is not rich in variation. High parka, vintage rally car, retro supercar.
Perhaps they will add cars like Mustang (Vintage Muscle) and Fiesta (Rally Monsters) to give the LEGO style car more variation.
I guess that barn finds are either LEGO GT40, LEGO Charger, LEGO Mustang or LEGO 250 GTO.
#218 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 8:21:59 PM(UTC)
Here's another awful thought: We're getting expanded rivals and I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a boneshaker and intentionally overpower one or more lego cars, uglying up the new rivals boards, and making ideal car choice in ranked racing even worse. I won't be testing 'em, though. That's a hard no.

Originally Posted by: FuZioNFH4 Go to Quoted Post
Now we want a 3th expansion, someone do a strawpool thread lets vote!

No more expansions, please. Things can always get worse.
 1 user liked this post.
#219 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 8:46:27 PM(UTC)
As much as I want to give this a chance, it doesn't seem like the right move. Especially for second expansion where people who bought the ultimate edition are locked into having paid for it. As a third, paid expansion it makes more sense. The people who buy the ultimate edition tend to be diehard Forza fans and this is a bit of a slap in the face. People have been asking for new and exciting stuff in this game like Goodwood or perhaps something with a long straight road. And the lack of any real world cars is a bit disappointing too. I just hope the lego cars don't end up being OP for some strange reason.
#220 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 8:46:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
Dry your eyes, kids. Everything is awesome!

Damn it, you beat me to it. 🤣
#221 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 8:47:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post
We're getting expanded rivals...

When did they announce this? I've been done with the game for months because there's nothing to do but if they add Rivals like it was in FH3 I'll be back. If it's not like FH3 then I have zero interest. It will be interesting to see if PG has learned from this when making FH5. No championships or Rivals mode (full leaderboards included) and I won't be wasting my money on it. I don't care about MP so not having these drastically shortened the lifespan of the game for me.

1 user liked this post.
#222 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 8:48:05 PM(UTC)
Disappointment aside-
Why are the bricks so large?
They are actually 10 times bigger than Duplo, that makes it even worse. Maybe if they were the right size they would not be so pre-school looking.

Life size Lego cars look like this

#223 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 8:54:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
Disappointment aside-
Why are the bricks so large?
They are actually 10 times bigger than Duplo, that makes it even worse. Maybe if they were the right size they would not be so pre-school looking.

Life size Lego cars look like this

That's because this expansion is a collaboration with the LEGO Speed Champions series.
These series consist of few parts and are not like real cars.
#224 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 8:54:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: McCutcheon2010 Go to Quoted Post
So can we start a petition to get rid of this because I didn’t pay $100 for a 8 year olds racing game.. To me I feel this is a huge disappointment seeing that never once did I see anything about legos being asked for anywhere it’s very disappointing playground games didn’t care about fan base input

Too late mate
This one is done and isnt gonna change

No, there’s still four day left. 🤣
#225 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 8:57:13 PM(UTC)
I'm actually excited for this. I played with Legos growing up, and the Speed Champions line has some cool cars. I mean, Hotwheels 2.0 would,have been cool, but I also like this as well.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 8:57:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

71 Pages<<7891011>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error