71 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext
 14 users liked this post.
#176 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:51:19 PM(UTC)
I have to admit that if I hadn't ALREADY decided that this is my LAST Horizon, I might be a tad upset, too. I wasn't real fond of Hotwheels in 3 and said then I wouldn't preorder another Ultimate, but did anyway, just to get the early access. But with the direction PG has taken the game and looks to be going, no more for me. They got my last dime.
 9 users liked this post.
#177 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:53:06 PM(UTC)
Hot Wheels did blend into the world way better because it's a racing theme to begin with. LEGO is just everything. The three shown LEGO cars look completely out of place.
Having them on their own island? Maybe.
But imagening them on the main land and even in online adventures doesn't feel right to me. They outright kill the whole setting.
That's my main gripe with the expansion. It destroys the seriousness of Horizon even more - something which made Horizon 1 this good. It felt like Forza in an open-world.

At least I hope they'll add some new realistic cars with the expansion and not only LEGO versions of already existing cars.
 4 users liked this post.
#178 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:55:21 PM(UTC)
Is a refund possible on this excuse of a expansion for ultimate owners .. last horizon I’m buying
 6 users liked this post.
#179 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:55:39 PM(UTC)
I feel like i'm also one of the rare ones who's actually really excited for the expansion. It's different, unique, looks really fun for all ages, etc.

Wait.... people actually think or want this game to be realistic? LOL Huuurrr duuuurrr I want rEAlisM huuurr duuurr"

Yea... driving off a high hill over 100 MPH and surviving, able to race a jet, able to race against a hovercraft boat is totally realistic... that's the vanilla of the game too...

In my view, I also view this and the last Forza Horizon game as a fun, crazy, and arcade game. What I also love about is that it stands out especially after the Hot Wheels pack too. Like, what other racer series does that atm? I barely play Motorsports because of how repetitive/boring it is imo. I can say i'm more of a arcade racer than a "simulator racer" or whatever you guys wanna say. This is what I love about Horizon now. Yea.... we may not get new cars atm, but at least the expansion is something unique that can gain potential new drivers. No not just kids.... but also adults like myself who loves Legos and something different too.

2 users liked this post.
#180 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:56:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post

Speak for yourself. I want realism. I want the old Horizon that was basically open world Forza Motorsports and so do a lot of other people. If people want over the top arcade racing I'm sure EA have another NFS game coming. All PG are doing is driving fans away by catering to casuals.

Weren't you one of those who occasionally complained that certain vehicles had no business being in FM7?

Possibly. I certainly wouldn't add a stretch limo or most of the SUVs in a track racing game. They fit in FH but not FM.
 1 user liked this post.
#181 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:58:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blackout Guy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ProfusePage8121 Go to Quoted Post
Blackout Guy, we are car fanatics here on the forum.

Easy there silver! Your poor keyboard, I bet that shift key is totally shreaded.

It's a welcome change of pace. In my eyes, if you don't like it then simply don't install it and wait until the next expansion.

I wonder what that expansion might be. Playmobil...? My Little Pony...?

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:00:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#182 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:00:01 PM(UTC)
I just thought of something..

Now Lego cars are in the game does that mean they will be in all future titles as cars we have to see in the open world like the hot wheels cars?

I really don't care about the expansion, its a case of not buying it if I don't like it, nobody is forcing me. But I will still have to see them when others drive them.
If they make them have an advantage like the silly boneshaker they will be used in almost all races - this will make all racing unrealistic.

I really like the game for its realism and enjoy making replica race car liveries and be immersed in the realistic graphics.
Lego cars will ruin that aspect of it just having them nearby even if I don't drive or own them.

I really don't want to compete against them on the mainland or see them at all in a decent car game with such realistic graphics. I'm worried now they will be there forever and ruin all future titles.
(for me at least)

Hotwheels cars were in the serious version FM7 - Will Lego cars also be there?
How will this go down with the serious racers?

1 user liked this post.
#183 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:02:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I zx l Go to Quoted Post
Is a refund possible on this excuse of a expansion for ultimate owners .. last horizon I’m buying

Nope
Because you never paid separately for it
Really didnt even pay for it since the expansions were included this time..not like previous forzas
 6 users liked this post.
#184 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:04:18 PM(UTC)
Well that about does it for me. I'm 50 and this doesn't do anything for me. I was always a preorder ultimate for Forza games, but that's done. What a disappointment.
 3 users liked this post.
#185 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:04:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ThPlaneswalker Go to Quoted Post
Haha, awesome. I was disappointed when I saw the headline, but the video totally sold me. Looks like some crazy fun, and there's finally a racetrack!

Racetrack! Exactly, how long have we been asking for that in a Horizon game???

Oh yeah, all the new achievements are now showing for LEGO land
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I HAD a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
 9 users liked this post.
#186 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:05:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Professor RAWR Go to Quoted Post
I feel like i'm also one of the rare ones who's actually really excited for the expansion. It's different, unique, looks really fun for all ages, etc.

Wait.... people actually think or want this game to be realistic? LOL Huuurrr duuuurrr I want rEAlisM huuurr duuurr"

Yea... driving off a high hill over 100 MPH and surviving, able to race a jet, able to race against a hovercraft boat is totally realistic... that's the vanilla of the game too...

In my view, I also view this and the last Forza Horizon game as a fun, crazy, and arcade game. What I also love about is that it stands out especially after the Hot Wheels pack too. Like, what other racer series does that atm? I barely play Motorsports because of how repetitive/boring it is imo. I can say i'm more of a arcade racer than a "simulator racer" or whatever you guys wanna say. This is what I love about Horizon now. Yea.... we may not get new cars atm, but at least the expansion is something unique that can gain potential new drivers. No not just kids.... but also adults like myself who loves Legos and something different too.

What i except when thinking abaout Horizon is at least that level realism that we have real cars and something like lego cars are far from that.

Guess what im adult and i like legos and even lego games but i dont like lego cars in horizon. And like many people is allready say i really dont like if lego cars would be everywhere, imagine S2 adventure that is full of lego sennas and lego ferrari IMO that dont sound fun and even worst is if we dont get any really cars and all dlc cars are just lego versions at car that are allready in game.
#187 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:06:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OneTonSoap Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Blackout Guy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ProfusePage8121 Go to Quoted Post
Blackout Guy, we are car fanatics here on the forum.

Easy there silver! Your poor keyboard, I bet that shift key is totally shreaded.

It's a welcome change of pace. In my eyes, if you don't like it then simply don't install it and wait until the next expansion.

I wonder what that expansion might be. Playmobil...? My Little Pony...?

Thomas the tank engine
 10 users liked this post.
#188 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:15:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Professor RAWR Go to Quoted Post

Kinda cringy with the "huuurrr duuuurrr", but I think we (as in us who want it to be "realistic") are thinking of different things than what you are.

We're talking about the cars. We want real life cars.

The Hot Wheels cars are kind of in a gray area in that sense. They're more or less custom "Hot Rod" builds (atleast the Boneshaker). The Quartz Regalia is also a bit like that. But these do atleast look like "regular" cars. Not LEGO bricks with wheels on it.

That's what we're talking about.

As for the race a jet and hovercraft. These things have been done in real life. However it obviously wasn't as "epic" in lack of better words as it looks in Forza.

The game would need to have 16 or 18 age restriction if they were to include fatal crashes lol. And I have my doubts car companies would want their cars included in the game if that was the case.

6 users liked this post.
#189 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:21:49 PM(UTC)
As fast as I was pulled into FH4, I was turned off just as quick. If I wanted to race LEGO cars, I would of bought LEGO Racers and LEGO Racers 2. Nice way to sellout Playground.
 6 users liked this post.
#190 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:24:23 PM(UTC)
This is absolutely pathetic. Forza is dead. Literally. I mean bungie at least seems to LISTEN to feedback.
[Mod Edit - profanity and self-cesored profanity are not allowed - MM]
asking for OUR feedback and OUR wishes when they ignore us and come out with an expansion that a lot have already paid for when they purchased the ultimate edition that’s geared towards kids? Newflash the majority of Forza players are adults.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:59:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#191 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:27:43 PM(UTC)
Seems as if this Expansion is causing a Fallout 76 type reaction from the community. I have enjoyed every Forza game so far but this Lego expansion? C'mon guys! We never asked for this....Guess we all learned a lesson on Pre-Ordering Ultimate Editions for this Franchise. At this point in time Forza is going downhill. Don't listen to the community, give us **** we don't ask for, and no Forza Motorsport 8 yet? I know they are holding it for the Scarlett release next year but part of me is afraid it's going to be another Motorsport 5.....
 1 user liked this post.
#192 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:28:59 PM(UTC)
*removed*

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:42:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Learning on English. If you don't welcome person like myself, just leave me alone. Thanks.
 3 users liked this post.
#193 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:29:43 PM(UTC)
At this rate FH5 will be a Star Wars themed mobile card game featuring dragons.
 3 users liked this post.
#194 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:39:16 PM(UTC)
And I bought a steering wheel for this!!?? Speechless...
 3 users liked this post.
#195 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:39:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Twisted1013 Go to Quoted Post
This is absolutely pathetic. Forza is dead. Literally. I mean bungie at least seems to LISTEN to feedback. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] Newflash the majority of Forza players are adults.

Because the forums make up less than 1% of the entire player base. Which I’m sure contains more players in 3-18 range than 18+. Hence why it’s rated accordingly.

Bungie took 4 years to finally make MCC playable, while I love the Halo franchise using Bungie as a standard isn’t too smart.

EDIT: I just remembered Bungie doesn’t make Halo anymore, it’s 343i. So you must be referencing Destiny, which let’s be honest isn’t that good of a game either.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 1:28:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#196 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:39:27 PM(UTC)
RetroKrystal: What does Forza Horizon mean to you?

Literally No One: Lego
 1 user liked this post.
#197 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:45:09 PM(UTC)
No one is getting a refund!!!!! stop asking lol Historically most have not liked any Horizon expansion. Storm Island - loved it but a ghost town upon launch. Blizzard Mt - again dead, same people who liked Storm Island and no one else. Hot Wheels - mildly more successful I would say but still not many players. Fortune Island - who needs multiplayer anyway. A total waste and long forgotten by PG.
So not sure what anyone was expecting. If I can drive Expert builder set 8860 I will be in heaven.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:10:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#198 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:45:15 PM(UTC)
I didn't buy the Ultimate Edition like a lot of you. When Fortune Island came out, it looked like fun (and it is, wish it wasn't so dead), so I sat there considering if I should just buy it or buy the Expansion Pass. Did some reading, and there was a lot of people saying how bad the Expansion Pass idea was, as you're buying something you know nothing about. Wish I would have listened, lesson learned. You can't even expect expansions to be car themed in a car game anymore.
 3 users liked this post.
#199 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 6:54:11 PM(UTC)
To put it plainly, I hate this expansion, and even if the new experience this expansion gives us is fun, I will not like it.

There is only one reason. That's because I'm at least a fan of cars that look realistic.
Corvette swapped to V12 Twin Turbo & AWD may not be realistic. But at least the appearance of this car is the same as the Corvette we know in the real world.
So is the Hot Wheels car.
At least they chose a car built in the real world from the crazy Hot Rods created by Mattel designers.
But LEGO is not.
They have an apparently different appearance than other cars.

For example, it's like releasing an update on GTA V featuring NES version Super Mario Bros.
Although GTA V is a crazy and unrealistic game, but adding an 8-bit resident to this world will completely destroy the reality of this world.
They did it. Wow.
 2 users liked this post.
#200 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:10:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RED RIDER NL Go to Quoted Post
RetroKrystal: What does Forza Horizon mean to you?

Literally No One: Lego

So you missed ALL the posts that stated
" WE want Lego" lol

SIC

Could have been worse
Could have got the Duplo versions
Oops that's next

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 7:11:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

71 Pages<<678910>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error