71 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext
 21 users liked this post.
#151 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 4:35:52 PM(UTC)
I think the main reason people are upset is because this, along with the hot wheels expansion, is such a deviation from what we started with in FH1 and FH2. Back then it took a lot of the realistic cars from the motorsport series and allowed us to drive them in freeroam. With expansions like these it seems they are changing their marketing strategy by pitching their product to a younger audience, alienating all the diehard car fans, myself included.
 1 user liked this post.
#152 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 4:38:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CheekySun950824 Go to Quoted Post
Well I got through 3 pages of HOW DARE THE DEVELOPERS DO THIS TO US?!?!?! DIE YOU MONSTERS!!!!!

And if half these people quit like they say they will, I feel like online adventure will become much more enjoyable :)

I wouldn't count on that.
 3 users liked this post.
#153 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 4:40:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: lanciastratos73 Go to Quoted Post
I think the main reason people are upset is because this, along with the hot wheels expansion, is such a deviation from what we started with in FH1 and FH2. Back then it took a lot of the realistic cars from the motorsport series and allowed us to drive them in freeroam. With expansions like these it seems they are changing their marketing strategy by pitching their product to a younger audience, alienating all the diehard car fans, myself included.

I'm a car fan. I LOVE cars, especially the classic racers and the muscle from the 60s-70s. I love the idea of this Lego expansion. I want a lego Ferrari F40. :D

If I wanted seriousness, I'd go back to Motorsport. But, driving around in circles and doing the same tracks over and over has never been able to hold my interest.

7 users liked this post.
#154 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 4:44:42 PM(UTC)
With all the negativity I just feel like I want to add my opinion to the thread, even it it seems I'm in the minority. Please just skip if not interested.

I completely understand where folks are coming from and I've determined that I just view this game a different way. I've played Forza Motorsports since the beginning , having been a huge fan of Gran Tourismo before the first Forza released. I love hard core racing. When FH came out, I thought it was a nice breath of fresh air. Free roam. Just have fun along with racing type of game. I was hoping it was going to be more like Motor City Online where you tune cars, show them off, cruise, and race. Maybe even a drive-in theater or car hop you could go to. To me it was just on a different spectrum then Forza Motorsports.

I thought Hot Wheels was such a fun and novel idea for this game, I had a blast. The only thing disappointing was, I didn't think they would ever again release something so unique.

Now here comes Lego;s. I think it's great. I want something different and I think it fits the "just have fun" mentality of this game very well. I can race in the Alps or Italy on the real Forza Racing game which I think a lot of folks here need to just go ahead and migrate to.

I'd like to see a special off-the-wall expansion as part of every FH release, and I know for sure I'm not alone, even though reading through this forum would make it seem so.
 13 users liked this post.
#155 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 4:45:14 PM(UTC)
LEGO expansion? Nice joke, we all had a laugh.

But now drop the real expansion please...
 2 users liked this post.
#156 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 4:45:38 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Hieronymus (Image removed. That's neither appropriate or helpful right now.)]

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 4:54:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#157 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 4:47:41 PM(UTC)
Absolutely love the Horizon series, sunk hundreds of hours into them all. Was very disappointed to see this, so sick of LEGO everything. This isn’t what your player base wants. Should be standalone for children. Either way still amazing job with Horizon 4, weekly festival playlists, new cars to earn, adding stories. Always something to look forward too. Really top notch job Playground Games.
 6 users liked this post.
#158 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 4:49:46 PM(UTC)

I'm not one to complain and I appreciate innovative ideas but Lego certaintly isn't a good fit for a game like this. Being that the game is set in UK I was really hoping for a Goodwood themed expansion, I think that was such a wasted opportunity here.....

On another note, And maybe I missed it but are there no new cars being added? I sincerely hope if they do add something new it's not been Minecrafted
#159 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 4:57:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PBLCENMYNO1 Go to Quoted Post

I'm not one to complain and I appreciate innovative ideas but Lego certaintly isn't a good fit for a game like this. Being that the game is set in UK I was really hoping for a Goodwood themed expansion, I think that was such a wasted opportunity here.....

On another note, And maybe I missed it but are there no new cars being added? I sincerely hope if they do add something new it's not been Minecrafted

Of course there will be new cars, a bit blocky looking, but new.
 3 users liked this post.
#160 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:00:28 PM(UTC)

Diehard car fans aren't hung up on realism and mundanity. Absurdity and creativity have made for the most interesting cars. Some of them purely fictional. Some of them impractical concept.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 13 users liked this post.
#161 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:05:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post

Diehard car fans aren't hung up on realism and mundanity. Absurdity and creativity have made for the most interesting cars. Some of them purely fictional. Some of them impractical concept.

I have to disagree with you there. And there is a difference between these type of cars you speak of and LEGO cars.
#162 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:08:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

That just makes me shudder lol
 1 user liked this post.
#163 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:14:10 PM(UTC)
I uninstalled the 2nd expansion, when I went back to the add-ons part of the game, the new one was there. Installing it right 5.46 GB on X1X
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
 5 users liked this post.
#164 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:19:21 PM(UTC)
There's little point to a Lego expansion unless you can build your own car out of Lego bricks! Building things is the whole point of Lego. In my opinion.
 19 users liked this post.
#165 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:20:20 PM(UTC)

Speak for yourself. I want realism. I want the old Horizon that was basically open world Forza Motorsports and so do a lot of other people. If people want over the top arcade racing I'm sure EA have another NFS game coming. All PG are doing is driving fans away by catering to casuals.
 5 users liked this post.
#166 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:23:09 PM(UTC)
I knew they were going to do something stupid again but this is worse than I thought it would be, worse than Hotwheels lol.
#167 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:28:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

Its not new its a Mclaren Senna Ferrari F40 Competizione and Mini Cooper 1965 all cars from base game(possible will use the same status) but with lego skin
 4 users liked this post.
#168 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:28:32 PM(UTC)
Nobody:
Absolutely nobody:
Absolutely nobody ever and ever to come:
Playground: LEGO Expansion for Forza Horizon 4
 2 users liked this post.
#169 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:31:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post

Speak for yourself. I want realism. I want the old Horizon that was basically open world Forza Motorsports and so do a lot of other people. If people want over the top arcade racing I'm sure EA have another NFS game coming. All PG are doing is driving fans away by catering to casuals.

Weren't you one of those who occasionally complained that certain vehicles had no business being in FM7?
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#170 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:35:13 PM(UTC)
I still without believe i has 100% sure will be Hot Wheels but its the worst possible seriously please show me somenthing worst than Lego? Hot Wheels its a racing cartoon make sense and all Hot Wheels we have ingame are real but they make a expansion about a piece of plastic made for kids create thinks (real life version of minecraft) just why?
#171 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:35:59 PM(UTC)
Well first time im happy that AI uses all the time same Focus and TT and when i dont ever go horizon live anymore i dont need to watch kids driving around lego senna.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:38:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

17 users liked this post.
#172 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:41:10 PM(UTC)
This expansion makes me feel really uneasy about the future of Forza. There is a fine line between what's 'fun' and what's ridiculous and disgusting. I can't help but think that there's going to be mindless destruction of cars and the environment given that they're going to be made with plastic bricks.

I walked away from Forza shortly after FM5 was announced, but there has been times where I've contemplated on returning. I feel like this is the point of no return for me.
"...and to avoid a rant the size of Jupiter, I will end my reply here." -VerrucktSchakal
#173 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:42:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post

Weren't you one of those who occasionally complained that certain vehicles had no business being in FM7?

I dont play a lot FM7 but say me what are these cars because i don t remenber of any even the hot wheels we have are real cars i can give you link of then on real life on events

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:44:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#174 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:49:27 PM(UTC)
Lego is fun, and this looks like it will be a fun experience.

But this is not what I want from Horizon and it seems there are plenty of passionate/hardcore/long time Horizon players who are in agreement. Some genuinely seem to be excited, but I also see trolls and fanboys mixed in with the positive comments.

Horizon certainly does stretch reality with some of the possibilities, but you can easily suspend disbelief by the way you play and setup the game (this is what I do).

This expansion is clearly not for the purest of Forza fans who drive both Motorsports and Horizon to experience real cars in different driving scenarios.

If only we Ultimate Edition owners like myself could keep all this content off our game, but this will prove to be impossible. I own Horizon 3 hotwheels, never went into it because I really wanted nothing to do with it, but I could not prevent Hotwheels stuff from mixing into my game.

PG definitely knew this would irk a huge portion of their playerbase and that they went ahead with it shows where their loyalties lie. As a part of that irked playerbase, I will reply with my actions and wallet as well.
Click to watch Sim and Realword Driving Videos

PC & XB1
Next Level Racing GT Ultimate v2
Fanatec Clubsport: Wheelbase v2.5 | Inverted Pedals v3 | SQ Shifter v1.5 | Universal Hub for XB1
 3 users liked this post.
#175 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 5:49:59 PM(UTC)
Haha, awesome. I was disappointed when I saw the headline, but the video totally sold me. Looks like some crazy fun, and there's finally a racetrack!
71 Pages<<56789>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error