71 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 16 users liked this post.
#51 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:11:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrAnderson7007 Go to Quoted Post
I highly doubt this new expansion with be received in a light of good spirit by the forza community . I'm pretty sure majority were expecting something more realistic and age appropriate, considering the fact that a vast majority of forza players are above the age of 5. I dont think anyone wanted or even thought of a Lego expansion as a possibility. I mean cars that are mentioned on the car wish list are not even added. The entire ultimate edition of forza horizon 4 is a total waste come to think of it. Majority of the cars included in the car pass are old cars which have featured in previous forza games, specifically forza horizon 3. I mean why would I want a McLaren 650s Spider if the base game already has a 650S coupe ? Theres no difference in modification, only that the one has a roof that comes off. I really feel a bit let down and disappointed by the developers of Forza Horizon 4. It actually brings to question if current forza owners will buy the ultimate edition of future titles or even buy it at all . It already took a lot for me to buy the ultimate edition of horizon 4 , considering that you had to fork out additional money in horizon 3 to get added DLC's. I actually feel like just going back to play Horizon 1 , a game that really got me by the heartstrings when I played it . LEGO'S... more like Let's Go.

I won't buy an Ultimate ever again. I simply won't pay the developers for a promise of an expansion coming later when they don't even bother to ask what they should make with the money we gave them at the beginning for a at that time non-existent product. I simply refuse to pay them when all we get is garbage like this. I liked Fortune Island, I liked some of the Car Packs, but the Car Pass was mostly nonsense and now this DLC nobody wanted, asked for or even thought of. But here we are...

I had a lot of fun with FH4 but it got more and more frustrating over the time and this is just the last straw. Not sure if I'm going to buy a FH5 at all but if I do, it will be the Standard Edition weeks after release to see in tests and lets plays and what not, where the developers are heading after release. And then I will pick the DLCs and carpacks I like instead of getting slapped in the face for rewarding the developers too soon...
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:12:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BFGRupert Go to Quoted Post

Careful they might get more ideas for Forza 5.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:02:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

10 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:12:16 PM(UTC)
sigh sigh and more sigh

this is proof that PG and T10 dont listen and will happily butcher the forza name for some media attention

reading the info blurb suggest we cannot build cars or tracks only a house which is even more disappointing considering well its lego

Im hopeful that a 3rd expansion is a thing as while i liked the idea of the hotwheels to an extend (hadnt had the chance to play that) the lego expansion shouldve have been a separate game
 9 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:15:05 PM(UTC)
I would say I have mixed feelings about this announcement. I think the idea of Legos in a Forza game is hilarious. Never would of thought this theme would fit but hey Hot Wheels had an expansion in the last game and I personally embraced it. I still say Playground Games should straight up make a Hot Wheels game. So if this new expansion adds Pirates, Space Ships and Dinos, I think this will bring the inner child in me. I'll definitely play it for sure.

But I will have to say that Playground Games missed a good opportunity to do a proper expansion. Isle of Man, a return to Italy, Germany or even the Swiss Alps would have been amazing but alas we can't always get what we want.
 48 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:15:16 PM(UTC)
As a gold edition owner I am unfortunately unable to vote with my wallet for this expansion, for which I have absolutely zero interest for. However you can be certain that I will not repeat this mistake with any future installments in this series. The level of disconnect the team seems to have for what many enthusiasts like me want to see in this franchise is just astonishing. I cannot and wont speak on behalf of the entire community but from looking at these initial reactions here, on Reddit and on Youtube comments it is still safe to say there are a lot of players who share this opinion with me.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Lego when I was a kid but for me Forza and Horizon has always been a cure for the itch that originally replaced my Lego enthusiasm back when I was a preteen, and that itch is cars.

The game will automatically install the expansion and most probably force me in a mandatory intro sequence. Beside that I will not play one second of this expansion. I don't care if it could be fun or that I should give it a fair chance. I am not interested to race with toy cars, period. I am sure this will sell a lot of console bundles come christmas, but for grown up individuals like me and many others, this quite honestly feels like a slap across the face from the team.

I play racing games like Horizon to escape my everyday life by pretending to drive some of the most exclusive, rare and extraordinary pieces of engineering on the planet, vehicles that I will not probably even see in real life during my lifetime. I dont do it to play with virtual versions of plastic toys I could go and buy from any toy store right now.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:16:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Inertia creeps
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:15:34 PM(UTC)
The trailer shows no new cars except for the LEGO Speed Champions versions of the McLaren Senna, Ferrari F40 Competizione, and 1967 Mini Cooper S Rally. Same goes for the rest of the available media: announcements, etc.

I guess the new non-LEGO cars are going to be in the Playlist.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:16:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:15:34 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Hieronymus (Profanity and poster removed.)]

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:24:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:16:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: capimeeen Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Blackout Guy Go to Quoted Post
Jeez lads, I've seen some salty tuppences in my time but seriously...

Am I actually the only person who is actively looking forward to this expansion? Either that or I am the only person getting really tired of the same dull weekly challenges for the same cars again and again, combined with the mind-numbing drift grind.

You all asked for somthing new and exiting, and then when somthing as awesome as LEGO comes along you all turn your noses up. It's somthing different my dudes, just admire it for what it is and take it at face value until Thursday when you actually get to play it for yourselfes. 😌

You've missed the point, sooooo bad.

It's unrealistic, it has nothing to do in a game that's focused on a real life thing like it is.

I thought the Hot Wheels DLC in FH3 and this Quartz Regalia thing was pushing it, but this is on a whole other level.

We do want something new and exiting, because they've been milking the whole Gymkhana and Hoonigan stuff since forever, and now we want something new.

But not LEGO.

I feel there is so many other things they could've tried before taking this big leap.

Lego is unrealistic, but driving at 200MPH in a 500HP 3 wheeled van over a mountain range, mud and moorland is totally real man.

Got 'cha. It's different strokes for different folks bud, nobody said you have to like it but no doubt some people will.
 6 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:19:58 PM(UTC)
OMG people. This is NOT a simulation game. And for those who are real "gear heads" you are aware that because you tune a car and/or build a car on Forza don't make you a gear head. This forum is for a video game not for Corvette Club of America. If if you know ANYTHING about Legos the sets the the cars are apart of are not the "Toys" you used to play with. Buy then again I guess Forza is for real car guys who know real car things about real cars. My bad. Funny how you REAL "GEAR HEADS" let a video game DLC ruin your whole day if not week.
 4 users liked this post.
#60 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:20:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CubicSquare7 Go to Quoted Post

Am I actually the only person who is actively looking forward to this expansion? Either that or I am the only person getting really tired of the same dull weekly challenges for the same cars again and again, combined with the mind-numbing drift grind.

You all asked for somthing new and exiting, and then when somthing as awesome as LEGO comes along you all turn your noses up. It's somthing different my dudes, just admire it for what it is and take it at face value until Thursday when you actually get to play it for yourselfes. 😌

I feel you, this community is always expecting something to the tune of "Here's Forza Motorsport, but in Horizon" but I'm really a fan of the semi-sim racing in a more fantasy environment, even if it's just a break from the main game.

Likewise buddy, it's a change from the same-old-same-old grindfest that is the base game. I welcome it.
 24 users liked this post.
#61 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:20:59 PM(UTC)
............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
 8 users liked this post.
#62 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:21:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BFGRupert Go to Quoted Post

I totally agree with you man. Like I was hoping for an expansion where we get a Huracan Performante, 488 Pista, SVJ, 675LT . Like maybe adding a track only DLC pack to the existing game . I dunno, maybe add European only tracks in the game like Spa or Silverstone or something . But to add Legos , that's just sad. I mean, just before watching the E3 live I played Horizon 4 online for like 3 hours, and then they announce the Lego expansion . All I'm saying playground games and T10 will have some explaining to do as to why we have pixels on the screen instead of 4K gaming

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:25:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#63 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:21:27 PM(UTC)
Can I have the timeline where Forza Street is replaced by Forza LEGO Speed Champions, so it's its own game?
 10 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:21:32 PM(UTC)
No No No not lego. Horizon 4 is slowly dying and i hoped that the 2nd expansion would bring new life to the game. But they just pulled the plug. RIP
 11 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:23:19 PM(UTC)
Am I the only one looking forward to it? 🧐

Hot Wheels was weird but turned out to be really fun. This is weird, and may also be fun. We'll find out on Thursday.

Knowing from FH3, which was the first FH to get two expansions, that the second expansion turned out to be a wild card, a lot of us knew that would be the case again. If it wasn't LEGO, the theme could have been Gears of War, Thomas the Tank Engine, Mad Max, Pinchcliffe Grand Prix, Halo, Cannonball Run, Playmobil, or Traffic Jam Simulator 2020. We were kinda prepared it would be weird.

I certainly didn't expect it to be LEGO as the rumor showed up, because I thought it would be too difficult to pull off. But apparently they did it. And I'm curious to see how it turned out.

I'm glad to take on something unabashedly childish for a change.

As for the LEGO cars making their way into races in the core game, that I too feel concerned about though. The same already goes for the Quartz Regalias, the MST3K Roadhog, and Hot Wheel cars though (even if it can be argued that some of them have real-life replicas).

I kinda feel that this should have been spun off into a separate title though.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:29:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#66 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:23:21 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit]

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:25:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 users liked this post.
#67 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:23:35 PM(UTC)

You are not the only one. I will have a blast racing in a fun, creative, Lego playground (hmm. someone should consider that name for a game studio) just like I had a blast racing on crazy Hot Wheels tracks in FH3.

FM for serious sim-like racing. FH for bonkers fantasy fun.
 1 user liked this post.
#68 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:24:23 PM(UTC)
 22 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:25:35 PM(UTC)
your cruising round the main map in a real looking car real looking world then a lego car goes past destroying the illusion...………….
FORZA TIER 8 10530 Driving since August 2017
looking for mature ongoing players with mic to join team #AOS
facebook.com/vanninman twitch.tv/vanninman

#70 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:26:20 PM(UTC)
{Mod Edit - Hieronymus (Profanity removed.)]

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:51:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#71 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:27:22 PM(UTC)
Hot take alert but this doesn’t look that bad..

Specifically if you look at that track. It has normal road surface (no fake plastic road made of legos or a hot wheels track).

It also appears to have race track style curbs and run-off zones, so it seems like the expansion might have at least one Forza Motorsport style race track. (Which I’ve seen a few people ask for...)

So if you ignore the LEGO decorations on the side of the road and just drive a car you like instead of a LEGO car it could be pretty fun.

Also there’s an airport, which I’ve also seen people ask for. And omg is that a wide body 65 mini!? Yes pls Idek if it’s legos gimme more wide body minis
 12 users liked this post.
#72 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:29:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: igrvks Go to Quoted Post
As a gold edition owner I am unfortunately unable to vote with my wallet for this expansion, for which I have absolutely zero interest for. However you can be certain that I will not repeat this mistake with any future installments in this series. The level of disconnect the team seems to have for what many enthusiasts like me want to see in this franchise is just astonishing. I cannot and wont speak on behalf of the entire community but from looking at these initial reactions here, on Reddit and on Youtube comments it is still safe to say there are a lot of players who share this opinion with me.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Lego when I was a kid but for me Forza and Horizon has always been a cure for the itch that originally replaced my Lego enthusiasm back when I was a preteen, and that itch is cars.

The game will automatically install the expansion and most probably force me in a mandatory intro sequence. Beside that I will not play one second of this expansion. I don't care if it could be fun or that I should give it a fair chance. I am not interested to race with toy cars, period. I am sure this will sell a lot of console bundles come christmas, but for grown up individuals like me and many others, this quite honestly feels like a slap across the face from the team.

I play racing games like Horizon to escape my everyday life by pretending to drive some of the most exclusive, rare and extraordinary pieces of engineering on the planet, vehicles that I will not probably even see in real life during my lifetime. I dont do it to play with virtual versions of plastic toys I could go and buy from any toy store right now.

You could not have said it any better. Forza horizon 4 is my go to escape real life stresses and just relax and enjoy the open roads in a really special car. And I thought as an ultimate edition owner I would feel even more special while owning the game. But in fact i dont really . I feel more like it took a bigger dent in my pocket than anything else . Who would've thought that I would want to go back in time and reminisce on my past experiences with Legos. If forza really wanted to make a Lego game to attract a younger market, then make a stand alone game on the side. But anyway... I guess we will learn from our mistake and consider buying the standard edition or maybe none at all

7 users liked this post.
#73 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:29:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: capimeeen Go to Quoted Post

You've missed the point, sooooo bad.

It's unrealistic, it has nothing to do in a game that's focused on a real life thing like it is.

I thought the Hot Wheels DLC in FH3 and this Quartz Regalia thing was pushing it, but this is on a whole other level.

We do want something new and exiting, because they've been milking the whole Gymkhana and Hoonigan stuff since forever, and now we want something new.

But not LEGO.

I feel there is so many other things they could've tried before taking this big leap.

Lego is unrealistic, but driving at 200MPH in a 500HP 3 wheeled van over a mountain range, mud and moorland is totally real man.

Got 'cha. It's different strokes for different folks bud, nobody said you have to like it but no doubt some people will.

Certainly more realistic than a LEGO car. It doesn't fit in with the rest, thats the point.

With how many people there are in the world, and how many people play these games it is probably very hard to create something that ZERO people like, but it's pretty obvious from the response to this DLC that this was a mistake.

There are so many things they still need to fix, add and whatnot, but they instead focus on adding something that by the looks of it not many people asked for or wanted.
 7 users liked this post.
#74 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:30:13 PM(UTC)

Because Lego doesn't mix well with a game that has realistic graphics, at least Hotwheel and Final Fantasy cars look realistic. It also means we won't be getting any new car from real world in the expansion. No wonder people are ticked off by this.
 8 users liked this post.
#75 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 2:31:14 PM(UTC)
I am SO excited for this! It makes my heart happy! 😍❤
71 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error