6 Pages<<3456PrevNext
#101 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 8:02:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
As always:
Contact me over Xbox messages later today and I'll queue up with you. I'm sure some other players from the forum are willing to help, too.

If miracle happend and somebody ask for help via xbox feel free to invite me on convoy i can join also.
 1 user liked this post.
#102 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 9:10:41 PM(UTC)
I literally had to not lose hope in getting the Apollo IE I was literally seconds away from giving up it was like my 15th try but still no luck all I got was teammates wasting their time ramming the drivatars when they should be at the front helping me out. In almost every race I would finish in the top 3 while my ####ing teammates always sit in last it was around midnight I was soo tired after grinding so much but still no luck so I was thinking of doing one last match before bed that was pretty much my last so I did it, it turns out my teammates were in a convoy so my hopes were high and finally I got the Apollo on my last try before completely giving up this made me realize u have to literally never lose hope the grinders always get the top prize, for all those players out there who grinded to get the Apollo congrats because we are the real Pros but for those buying them from the AH u all suck because it’s not that hard just keep pushing that’s what the challenge is for they aren’t gonna be easy since obviously it’s an exclusive car but the stress always pays off..., and for PG here’s a little message: u need to balance the Drivatars in challenges I felt like I was playing “Need for speed” when the AIs kept blocking me not to mention tbe ramming ughhh 😖😖 please learn from this - thanks!!
#103 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 9:39:11 PM(UTC)
Those challenges, you should do them in the very first days, addicts are there and they are much better than the ones coming later and doing it in a convoy remains the best chance do have it done quickly.
Joining a club can be a good solution to get connected to people to do those races with you.
I am French, racing with a small international club, always someone to join, good to share tips and fun time, noone waiting in 12th that you finish the coop races
#104 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 10:11:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Nova Jackson 1 Go to Quoted Post
u have to literally never lose hope

That's right.

30 hours before it's gone.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 4, 2019 10:12:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#105 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 11:01:18 AM(UTC)
I recently tried to unlock the Apollo IE by doing this season’s Trial before it expired tomorrow, and my team lost. I then tried going on the Auction House to get one, but both attempts at buying out failed, even though both listings clearly said they had 59 minutes left on the auction listing!!

At this point, I think it’s safe to say that it’s highly unlikely I will unlock it before it expires tomorrow, and it goes without saying that I, and possibly everybody else in the Forza community, wouldn’t have had these problems if Playground Games had instead chosen to offer the Apollo IE as a prize car in one of the offline SINGLE PLAYER championships, so WHY OH WHY did they instead choose to offer it in the Trial when they could have just as easily offered it in those single player championships, which, judging by what I’ve read on the forums, is what they should have done in the first place!

I mean, you would think that after what happened when the Mosler and Rip Rod were locked behind online events, Playground Games would have learned from their mistakes and instead offered the IE in one of the single player offline championships, but no! And like I said earlier, I think it would have been better if they rewarded it in one of the offline single player championships, so why didn’t they do that instead?

Edited by user Wednesday, June 5, 2019 11:13:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#106 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 11:14:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: thecargeek09 Go to Quoted Post
I recently tried to unlock the Apollo IE by foing this season’s Trial before it expired tomorrow, and my team lost. I then tried going on the Auction House to get one, but both attempts at buying out failed, even though both listings clearly said they had 59 minutes left on the auction listing!!

At this point, I think it’s safe to say that it’s highly unlikely I will unlock it before it expires tomorrow, and it goes without saying that I, and possibly everybody else in the Forza community, wouldn’t have had these problems if Playground Games had instead chosen to offer the Apollo IE as a prize car in one of the offline SINGLE PLAYER championships, so WHY OH WHY did they instead choose to offer it in the Trial when they could have just as easily offered it in those single player championships, which, judging by what I’ve read on the forums, is what they should have done in the first place!

I mean, you would think that after what happened when the Mosler and Rip Rod were locked behind online events, Playground Games would have learned from their mistakes and instead offered the IE in one of the single player offline championships, but no! And like I said earlier, I think it would have been better if they rewarded it in one of the offline single player championships, so why didn’t they do that instead?

They don't want everyone to be able to get one. In real life there will only be 10 ever made, so why not create a sense of exclusivity where some people may never get one. Playground did it in Horizon 3 with the Porsche 928. It appeared once and required someone that paid for VIP to use a VIP car and win a Forzathon event (people without VIP could convoy with a VIP player and rent their car for the race). The car never appeared again until over 1 year and 3 months later after Forza Horizon 4 was already launched. So be prepared to possibly never see this car ever appear again until Forza Horizon 5 is released.

This is nothing new. And it is 100% intentional that they do not want everyone to be able to easily obtain a car. They intentionally put it in a high failure event to keep it exclusive. Excerpt from the Forza Week in Review:

Week In Review - Apollo Trial

As for the AH, you just aren't fast enough. There are hundreds of people searching for the same exact car as quickly as possible. The person that will win it is the person that clicked confirm search at the precise moment the seller's listing went through. I have tested it with friends the same exact auction window can be seen by people for 2-3 seconds before the last person sees it. This means many people are already going through the motion of buying it out before it has even appeared in your auction window if you were slightly behind the rest of the snipers. Another note, if you try to sell direct to people, using an Xbox party chat is delayed by up to 1 second, so when a seller tells you it is listed, the audio through xbox live party chat was already delayed by up 1 second and other snipers may have hit search just before you and sniped it away.
 2 users liked this post.
#107 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 11:21:35 AM(UTC)
The idea of not wanting some of your players to have the cool new content you release for a game is completely.... stupid. I hope that's not what they are thinking.

And I say this as someone who's already won the car.
 2 users liked this post.
#108 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 11:24:49 AM(UTC)
Yes, because everybody looks at their neighbour's car and decides they must have one without having to do a fraction of what they did to earn it...

Seriously, it's not called a "trial" because it's easy y'know...
A Forza fan since the very beginning way back on original Xbox but apparently I'm just a troll who knows nothing...
 4 users liked this post.
#109 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 11:32:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KOG7777 Go to Quoted Post
The idea of not wanting some of your players to have the cool new content you release for a game is completely.... stupid. I hope that's not what they are thinking.

What if it wasn't even Playgrounds choice, but a term and condition of the agreement between Apollo and Playground games that to have rights to use the vehicle in the game they had to take steps to keep the vehicle exclusive? If I were the manufacturer I would love to see everyone foaming and clawing and scraping at the chance to have an ultra rare car that I as the manufacturer was only going to produce 10 of. It would keep my vehicle highly desired and the talk of the town. If I were one of the actual 10 owners of the top 10 most expensive cars in the world, I would be glad to see the car as an exclusive unicorn in a video game as well. Besides it could potentially turn into a beast of an S2 Ranked car.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUA_A2AdtyQ
#110 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 11:34:10 AM(UTC)
before it expired tomorrow
I think it would have been better if they rewarded it in one of the offline single player championships, so why didn’t they do that instead?

Have to sell those Xbox Gamepass Ultimate memberships that also have Gold for the low low price of just a mere $15*

*The $15 charge is a monthly subscription with prices subject to change. You have no ownership of these products what so ever and other companies will probably do it as well enjoy paying monthly for everything.
 4 users liked this post.
#111 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 11:42:25 AM(UTC)
I recently tried to unlock the Apollo IE by doing this season’s Trial before it expired tomorrow, and my team lost. I then tried going on the Auction House to get one, but both attempts at buying out failed, even though both listings clearly said they had 59 minutes left on the auction listing!!

So let me get this right.... You tried it once, lost, then went to the AH, lost there. Then came here to complain you can't get one..... I guess that deserves an A for Effort?

Only 10 people will ever own one of these in real life. So if only 10% of a video game community end up owning one.... I guess that means welcome to the real world, where not everyone gets everything.

I hope this car never gets listed as a reward or posted in the Forzathon Shop ever again. We need more exclusive content like this. Playground in my mind is just helping teach life lessons to the gaming community. You need to work for things in life and rarely are things ever free. Thats life. Live with it.

EDIT: OMG, I just went to your Xbox Live profile and watched how you are trying to buy the Apollo from the AH... YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG! First you need to be faster at searching it is 7 clicks right on the manufacturer so Hold up, 7 clicks right, hold down, hit search , each search should be about a 7-8 second task. Then when you see a white block, hit Y (DONT ENTER THE AUCTION DETAILS FOR HEAVENS SAKE), then down, then A then A again. You have to do the buyout in about 1 second flat to have a chance.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:05:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#112 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 11:53:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FluffyChip90800 Go to Quoted Post

What if it wasn't even Playgrounds choice, but a term and condition of the agreement between Apollo and Playground games that to have rights to use the vehicle in the game they had to take steps to keep the vehicle exclusive? If I were the manufacturer I would love to see everyone foaming and clawing and scraping at the chance to have an ultra rare car that I as the manufacturer was only going to produce 10 of. It would keep my vehicle highly desired and the talk of the town. If I were one of the actual 10 owners of the top 10 most expensive cars in the world, I would be glad to see the car as an exclusive unicorn in a video game as well. Besides it could potentially turn into a beast of an S2 Ranked car.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUA_A2AdtyQ

LOL. 'What if's are completely pointless as they are based on absolutely nothing beyond your own supposition.

I find it unlikely to the point of being laughable when other exclusive car manufacturers like Ferrari, Bugatti, and Koenigsegg (to name a few) have their cars readily available in the autoshow.

If you're the owner of the actual Apollo IEs, I doubt you waste your time wondering if a buncha pasty kids have a hard time getting their video game version or not. People like that have other things on their mind.

Just LOL.
 2 users liked this post.
#113 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 11:56:12 AM(UTC)

So let me get this right.... You tried it once, lost, then went to the AH, lost there. Then came here to complain you can't get one..... I guess that deserves an A for Effort?

Only 10 people will ever own one of these in real life. So if only 10% of a video game community end up owning one.... I guess that means welcome to the real world, where not everyone gets everything.

I hope this car never gets listed as a reward or posted in the Forzathon Shop ever again. We need more exclusive content like this. Playground in my mind is just helping teach life lessons to the gaming community. You need to work for things in life and rarely are things ever free. Thats life. Live with it.

This is a terrible attitude. The elitist, 1%er, 'I need to feel better about myself by having things other people can't get' attitude, but transferred over into a video game. Kinda gross dude.

We absolutely do not need this kind of exclusive content.
 1 user liked this post.
#114 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 11:59:57 AM(UTC)
always the same, easy to complete then it's too easy, a little difficult then why the hell it is difficult ... FH is not a 3 days worth game, it's a several years worth game ... or at least, FH3 was ... damned ...
 1 user liked this post.
#115 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:10:32 PM(UTC)

LOL. 'What if's are completely pointless as they are based on absolutely nothing beyond your own supposition.

I find it unlikely to the point of being laughable when other exclusive car manufacturers like Ferrari, Bugatti, and Koenigsegg (to name a few) have their cars readily available in the autoshow.

If you're the owner of the actual Apollo IEs, I doubt you waste your time wondering if a buncha pasty kids have a hard time getting their video game version or not. People like that have other things on their mind.

Just LOL.

Well lets see.... Ferrari... Ever hear of the 812 Superfast? Sure thats super easy to get in the autoshow. Bugatti's... I'm sure they would agree to have their cars in the game if they cost 50,000CR in the Autoshow, Buggati Type 35C, 10M CR. Koenigsegg... CC8S... Exclusive DLC content.

Marketing.... a powerful force in the world. And money/power, often talks louder than words.

I wonder what kind of demands Toyota wants to allow PG rights to more of their vehicles. Maybe only allow 10 players to drive the Supra?
 1 user liked this post.
#116 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 1:24:02 PM(UTC)

Just LOL.

Well lets see.... Ferrari... Ever hear of the 812 Superfast? Sure thats super easy to get in the autoshow. Bugatti's... I'm sure they would agree to have their cars in the game if they cost 50,000CR in the Autoshow, Buggati Type 35C, 10M CR. Koenigsegg... CC8S... Exclusive DLC content.

Marketing.... a powerful force in the world. And money/power, often talks louder than words.

I wonder what kind of demands Toyota wants to allow PG rights to more of their vehicles. Maybe only allow 10 players to drive the Supra?

None of this makes ANY sense.

Yes I know about the hard to get Ferrari 812 Superfast. I also know the real life car is both cheaper and more common than many of the cars that are in the autoshow (FXX K, 250 GTO, etc). The 812 Superfast is the current top end model in Ferrari's main production lineup. Main production lineup. It's relative exclusivity in real life has NOTHING to do with why it's hard to get in this game. Especially since this very same car was NOT exclusive and hard to get in some of the other Forza titles. I believe I got it in Forza 7 rather easily. If exclusivity in real life had any correlation to exclusivity in the games, then stuff like the 250 GTO shouldn't be in the autoshow for everyone to purchase. Thank you, next.

Why the heck would Bugattis ever be 50,000 CR in the game? Relative value in the game is based on relative value in real life. Expensive real life cars cost a lot in the autoshow. Cheap real life cars are cheap in the autoshow. As it should be. But the point I make is that Bugattis are exclusive and uncommon in real life, yet literally everyone who plays the game can have one if they have the credits. This is unlike the situation with the Apollo. As for your point, I'm not sure what it is. Next.

There's no such thing as exclusive DLC content. There are just cars that are exclusive to DLC. But literally anyone can cough up a small amount of dollars to get the DLC they want. And the DLC isn't time limited in the same way that this Apollo trial is. If you want a car in a DLC package, you can buy it today, tomorrow, next month, or months from now. And DLC doesn't equate to high value exclusive cars, because a lot of the DLC cars are cheap in real life. So again, I don't get your point. Next.

As for Toyota... all we know is that they failed to reach a licensing agreement with Turn 10/PG.

Do you realize that a lot of car makers now WANT to have their new cars in big games because it's a great publicity tool? This will be especially true with cars like the new Supra where a percentage of the player base might actually be able to afford one. So how would anyone in their right minds at Toyota want to license their cars (like the new Supra) to a game and then only allow 10 players to have it? That's.... counterproductive to the whole idea of promotion via licensing. They'd want everyone to play with it, enjoy it, mess with it, love it, and then go out and try to buy a real one.

All I can is..... SMDH.

5 users liked this post.
#117 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 2:08:12 PM(UTC)

Do you realize that a lot of car makers now WANT to have their new cars in big games because it's a great publicity tool? This will be especially true with cars like the new Supra where a percentage of the player base might actually be able to afford one. So how would anyone in their right minds at Toyota want to license their cars (like the new Supra) to a game and then only allow 10 players to have it? That's.... counterproductive to the whole idea of promotion via licensing. They'd want everyone to play with it, enjoy it, mess with it, love it, and then go out and try to buy a real one.

All I can is..... SMDH.

My statements are all hypothetical and meant to try to explain to you that Manufacturers have most of the power over video game developers and that game developers are the ones paying and asking for the permissions from Auto Manufacturers.... not the other way around. The Manufacturers are the ones that have all the demands. The game developer just wants to put pixels together to make replicas of real life cars because people want to drive real life cars not made up fake ones. While yes branding and exposure are a big deal, so are considerations about what other manufacturers are in the game, how their cars compare to other cars, what tuning people can do to their cars, how a car looks in a collision, how often a car may roll over, how fast a car can go, every single minute detail and aspect of a car has to be negotiated and agreed to, including rarity, exclusiveness, popularity, etc. etc. etc.

My exclusivity statement regarding the Apollo is based on the fact that they pride themselves on the exclusiveness of the vehicle and that they would only make 10 units. They don't need to market the car. I highly doubt any of the buyers of the cars play this game. Although if they did they are probably wealthy and powerful enough to have just said "put this car in the game, but don't let everyone have it because I want to feel even more Elitist than I already am in real life"

No manufacturer just says "Oh hey put my car in your game for free and don't worry about what type of specs you put on it. It will be good marketing. Go for it."

Porsche 928... rarest car in Forza Horizon 3... Guess what Turn 10 and Porsche agreed to.... A SIX YEAR LICENSING DEAL.... You want to know how much that cost? I bet you would.

It all depends on the car manufacturer. Some WANT to be in games, while others couldn't care less if they were in a game or not (unless the game developer paid them an acceptable amount to use their car in the game). Most everyone has a price. Some game developers will pay ridiculous amounts to have exclusive partnerships with manufacturers so no other game can use their vehicles. There is a lot of give and take when it comes to how certain cars make it into a video game. I can assure you there is A LOT of negotiating and A LOT of demands and A LOT of compromises involved in releasing rights to a product for use in a video game.

How Do Real Cars End up in Video Games and Does it Help the Brand? (Click here to be educated)

Edit: redacted statements which could compromise current employment.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 5, 2019 2:24:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#118 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 2:31:31 PM(UTC)

Just LOL.

In contrast to that giving everyone a great hyper-car is essentially the new method of generating a high visibility poster car. The McLaren Senna was given to a lot of players for just playing the demo. Its still one of the most common cars I see driven around in Forzathons too. I had no immediate interest on buying it but I drove it all the time when it landed in my garage and it became one of my favorites. Mitsubishi had a similar treatment. I don't think all the exclusive cars are done that way at the behest of the manufacturer (can't see the Austin Taxi people caring too much).

Edited by user Wednesday, June 5, 2019 2:32:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#119 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 3:16:48 PM(UTC)

All I can is..... SMDH.

My statements are all hypothetical and meant to try to explain to you that Manufacturers have most of the power over video game developers and that game developers are the ones paying and asking for the permissions from Auto Manufacturers.... not the other way around. The Manufacturers are the ones that have all the demands. The game developer just wants to put pixels together to make replicas of real life cars because people want to drive real life cars not made up fake ones. While yes branding and exposure are a big deal, so are considerations about what other manufacturers are in the game, how their cars compare to other cars, what tuning people can do to their cars, how a car looks in a collision, how often a car may roll over, how fast a car can go, every single minute detail and aspect of a car has to be negotiated and agreed to, including rarity, exclusiveness, popularity, etc. etc. etc.

My exclusivity statement regarding the Apollo is based on the fact that they pride themselves on the exclusiveness of the vehicle and that they would only make 10 units. They don't need to market the car. I highly doubt any of the buyers of the cars play this game. Although if they did they are probably wealthy and powerful enough to have just said "put this car in the game, but don't let everyone have it because I want to feel even more Elitist than I already am in real life"

No manufacturer just says "Oh hey put my car in your game for free and don't worry about what type of specs you put on it. It will be good marketing. Go for it."

Porsche 928... rarest car in Forza Horizon 3... Guess what Turn 10 and Porsche agreed to.... A SIX YEAR LICENSING DEAL.... You want to know how much that cost? I bet you would.

It all depends on the car manufacturer. Some WANT to be in games, while others couldn't care less if they were in a game or not (unless the game developer paid them an acceptable amount to use their car in the game). Most everyone has a price. Some game developers will pay ridiculous amounts to have exclusive partnerships with manufacturers so no other game can use their vehicles. There is a lot of give and take when it comes to how certain cars make it into a video game. I can assure you there is A LOT of negotiating and A LOT of demands and A LOT of compromises involved in releasing rights to a product for use in a video game.

How Do Real Cars End up in Video Games and Does it Help the Brand? (Click here to be educated)

Edit: redacted statements which could compromise current employment.

I'm well aware that car manufacturers have a vested interest in overseeing and approving HOW their cars are depicted in licensed products.

But any idea about Apollo demanding that the IE be 'exclusive and hard to get' in the game is still pure guesswork unless they or PG says something to confirm this.

There's way more than 10 IEs in the community already.

Even if 75% of players get the car, it still sucks for the 25% who weren't good enough to complete the Trial, weren't ever able to get matched with a good team, or simply weren't able to play during the week when it was available.

#120 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 3:28:16 PM(UTC)
I hope the Ferrari 812 is in the summer forzathon shop
 1 user liked this post.
#121 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 3:35:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nayre33 Go to Quoted Post

I wouldn’t hold your breath
#122 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 4:33:17 PM(UTC)
Did I miss out on the bone shaker? I'm at 75% after completing everything this playlist (for some reason the car files says it's not complete but I did every chapter)
#123 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 4:44:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nayre33 Go to Quoted Post

I wouldn’t hold your breath

I'd like to see them do that lol
#124 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 4:46:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Terminal Rage Go to Quoted Post
Did I miss out on the bone shaker? I'm at 75% after completing everything this playlist (for some reason the car files says it's not complete but I did every chapter)

Did you 3 star every chapter
And you must be missing something else if you are only 75%
#125 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 4:57:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Terminal Rage Go to Quoted Post

Did you 3 star every chapter
And you must be missing something else if you are only 75%

I went back and checked, missed some of the stuff in earlier seasons before I started playing the game.

I'll three star the car files and hopefully it gets me to 80% but I doubt it.
6 Pages<<3456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error