6 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 4:33:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
I don't see how that's tricky as it was in Forza Horizon 3, they must already have the code.

It's super wheelspins where you might win one car you want and one car you don't, so it would need to let you choose one by one whether to decline it or not. I guess it's a fair bit of messing about within the UI framework. But as I said, focusing on that totally misses the point of the problem, and it won't help if they don't make it easy to know whether any particular car can be bought from the autoshow or not. Providing that information shouldn't be at all tricky and is by far the most urgent requirement.

They could force the Super Wheelspin not to give you two cars in one go, the wins are picked in advance of the wheelspins anyway that's why the A button jumps to the end. I programmed a Fruit machine once, and I could make the reels drop anything I wanted. If they give me 1 Million for rare cars I am happy with that. The auction takes an hour, they are saving me an hour waiting.

Edited by user Monday, June 3, 2019 4:37:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 4:33:54 PM(UTC)
We're getting there...slowly. Compare FH4 now to how it was at release and we're on the brink of a brilliant game like FH3,2,1 all were. It's a damn shame we've had to wait this long though. Tack some bells and whistles onto FH3 and a new location and I would have been happy.
 2 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 5:23:24 PM(UTC)
Not too fond of the no gifting part as camping the auction house hasn't worked well for me at all to get those cars I want.
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 5:36:58 PM(UTC)
Rivals FINALLY being brought back is all I care about. I'll finally have a reason to build and tune all the bone stock dust collecting rides in my garage.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 4 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 5:46:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jaswright Go to Quoted Post
We're getting there...slowly. Compare FH4 now to how it was at release and we're on the brink of a brilliant game like FH3,2,1 all were. It's a damn shame we've had to wait this long though. Tack some bells and whistles onto FH3 and a new location and I would have been happy.

H4 is never going to reach the level of fun for me as the previous titles have. This is because of online adventure. Its a boring yawnfest without the skill points system which promoted clean driving. They can slap all the bandaids they want on it but clowns will drive dirty and exploit every bandaid they come up with. Not to mention the grind in ranked is not even worth it. You can't pick who you get put in a race with and if they are lower rank and you win, you can still lose points. So you have to fight through the ontrack madness hoping to not get corner bombed or checkpointed only to lose rank. Ultimate fail. At least rivals is coming back. I'll never get my 100 plus dollars out of this game but at this point having a reason to play it will have to do.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 6:58:10 PM(UTC)
They could just remove autoshow cars from wheelspins period. No more wondering about the cars you get, they are always exclusives. Then they might not even have to implement any sellback functionality at all, since exclusives are more rare (therefore less of a pain to deal with occasionally) and are usually auctionable.
 7 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 8:15:04 PM(UTC)

I don't think FH4 will ever be a brilliant game in my book so long as gameplay revolves around games as a service philosophies like weekly timegates (aside from all the other issues the game still suffers from that were solved problems in FH3 and earlier). At this point I seriously doubt they'll rip all that stuff out, but for me to consider Horizon to be a truly great franchise again, they'll need to do what FM7 did and provide ways to obtain all the cars that isn't dependent on playing every single week and being forced to play online.

This sort of game design also handicapped FH3, and now that the Forzathons have ended all those exclusive cars are simply no longer available at all. That's not the kind of future I want to see for the Horizon franchise if future games are going to continue doing this.

Edited by user Monday, June 3, 2019 8:23:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 9:51:40 PM(UTC)
I like how they try to cover up the problems the game have with these new features that we didn't ask for, class-based rival is probably the only appealing one announced in the stream
 3 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 9:59:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPREEMOx Go to Quoted Post

H4 is never going to reach the level of fun for me as the previous titles have. This is because of online adventure. Its a boring yawnfest without the skill points system which promoted clean driving. They can slap all the bandaids they want on it but clowns will drive dirty and exploit every bandaid they come up with. Not to mention the grind in ranked is not even worth it. You can't pick who you get put in a race with and if they are lower rank and you win, you can still lose points. So you have to fight through the ontrack madness hoping to not get corner bombed or checkpointed only to lose rank. Ultimate fail. At least rivals is coming back. I'll never get my 100 plus dollars out of this game but at this point having a reason to play it will have to do.

Errrm have you played lately? I am not saying that everything is amazing and flawless, but it surely got a lot better without collisions right from the start and the wallriding fix.
User is suspended until 2/17/2047 3:19:07 AM(UTC)
#60 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 10:27:24 PM(UTC)
I'll never get my 100 plus dollars out of this game but at this point having a reason to play it will have to do.

If u played ±150hrs atleast (excluding DLC's), i'd say that u've had more than u'r fair share already.
It's this sense of "entitlement" that people have these days, that make it so difficult to enjoy the game (especially post completion)
My Forza Timeline:
•FH3-Start my Forza Career
•FH2-My hunger for more Horizon
•FM5-Free with XB Live Gold
•FH4-End my Forza Career
•FM6-Free with XB Live Gold
 3 users liked this post.
#61 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 11:14:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Flexman Esq Go to Quoted Post

p.s. I liked the Hot wheels expansion, was a lot of fun.

Ditto, and the vast majority of fh3 player base did as well.

Can you give me a link to prove this?

From around 20 people that I race with, 18 did not like the expansion, because it broke the immersion or a realistic racing game. Everyone agreed that it was fun for a day, but should not return.

So, this is surely circumstantial and not enough statistical data to prove a point, but it is better than pulling arguments from the pants.

The report I read said that only 18 people out of millions, didn't want another hot wheels. I assume it was the same 18 you spoke with.

Whenever I go through the Forum, Reddit or YouTube a huge majority of the people doesn´t want HW again. Maybe you should start looking at the reality here: You might want Hot Wheels (And that´s fine), but the vast majority does not!

On-Topic again: This Update feels kind of empty. Only one new to Forza car and only one "feature" that might be slightly useful (being able to fast-travel from the Festival Playlist itself). Star Cards? Just an in my opinion unnecessary visualization of statitics. Maybe they don´t want to steal the spotlight of Expansion 2?
#62 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 11:49:53 PM(UTC)
Aside from Rivals the announcement of the McLaren MP4-12C for Update 11 was the pinnacle of the stream for me. It's my favourite McLaren and one I've driven irl. A Hypercar in the body of a Supercar.

The Rimac is interesting but it looks like a dead car for racing. Starting at PI 995 with an 8.4 handling rating (iIrc) will most likely be trash in S2. Maybe it's possible to decrease the PI a little with wider rear tires and a rear wing but it'll never do anything good.
Perhaps they provide an RWD-swap which frees up lots of PI but given the special 2-speed gearbox as AWD I doubt we'll se a swap - the Regera shares this fate too.
#63 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 12:12:54 AM(UTC)
The Rimac could be an excellent drag car, though. Or it could turn out to be very good in the PR Stunts and #Forzathon Live.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 4, 2019 12:33:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#64 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 12:26:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Aside from Rivals the announcement of the McLaren MP4-12C for Update 11 was the pinnacle of the stream for me. It's my favourite McLaren and one I've driven irl. A Hypercar in the body of a Supercar.

The Rimac is interesting but it looks like a dead car for racing. Starting at PI 995 with an 8.4 handling rating (iIrc) will most likely be trash in S2. Maybe it's possible to decrease the PI a little with wider rear tires and a rear wing but it'll never do anything good.
Perhaps they provide an RWD-swap which frees up lots of PI but given the special 2-speed gearbox as AWD I doubt we'll se a swap - the Regera shares this fate too.

As I understand it the gearboxes are only for the rear wheels, so theoretically you should be able to just remove the front motors and make the car RWD that way, with a signifikant loss in hp of course. I doubt they will give us that option though.
 1 user liked this post.
#65 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 12:33:21 AM(UTC)
The new cars are :

2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4 - unlocked by winning the Summer Community Championship
1969 FIAT Dino 2.4 Coupé - unlocked by completing 50% of the Autumn Season Playlist
1970 AMC Rebel 'The Machine' - unlocked by winning the White Knuckle Ride Championship in Winter
2019 Rimac C_Two - unlocked by completing 50% of the Spring Season Playlist
User is suspended until 2/17/2047 3:19:07 AM(UTC)
#66 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 2:46:32 AM(UTC)
Excited to get my hands on the Ghibli...
To tease the appetite.., Check me taking it for a spin, wayback in FH2:
Bear in mind i was still an Amateur then😅

Maserati Ghibli Gameclip

Edited by user Thursday, June 6, 2019 11:29:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed Broken Link

My Forza Timeline:
•FH3-Start my Forza Career
•FH2-My hunger for more Horizon
•FM5-Free with XB Live Gold
•FH4-End my Forza Career
•FM6-Free with XB Live Gold
 1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 6:42:46 AM(UTC)
Things I never wanted to hear were "this reminds me of something we've got planned" (as an s2 hypercar is trying to find any sort of grip on a gravel road, "S2 offroad", and "Sorry for the D class guys in rental isettas, that's not where the fun was".
I'm Sorry, but ENOUGH wacky races, please. Give us a normal logical seasonal race, don't make us run bone stock muscle cars in the dirt, don't make us run vans offroad, no more bone stock Mitsu vs Subie (Again). PLEASE make good seasonal races next time.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 4, 2019 6:46:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#68 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 7:09:24 AM(UTC)
FH4 Release Notes: June 4th, 2019
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360024284113-FH4-Release-Notes-June-4th-2019

Quote:
We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 4. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this content update.

Version Number
  • PC: 1.308.829.0
  • Xbox: 1.308.829.2

KNOWN ISSUES
We are aware of a few issues that occur with the new Star Card feature
  • Some of the stats may not show as complete, despite having reached or exceeding the required target. A reboot of the title will fix this issue.
  • If players have discovered all roads on both the main land, and Fortune Island, the road stat will show an incorrect total number of roads driven. This will be addressed in a new update shortly.
  • Showcases won, and Showcase Remixes won will show as 0 for all players. This is due to the stat not being properly tracked previously. There is no way to rectify this. Players will have to re-race these events to increment these statistics and complete these categories.
  • This also applies to earnings from Businesses. Only earnings from this CU onward will count towards this stat.
  • Seasonal Events and Seasonal Championships will only count towards their respective stats for any completed since Festival Pass went live, in Series 6 (12th Feb).
  • The Head to head stat will only count head to heads won since Fortune Island was released (13th Dec).

NEW FEATURES

STAR CARD
  • This update adds a new feature called Star Card. Become a Horizon Superstar by completing 31 long-term Star Card challenges. Unlock Flairs for your GamerTag and show off your mastery of Racing, PR Stunts, Exploration, Creating Content, Stories and Adventures.

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST IMPROVEMENTS
  • You can now start matchmaking for Seasonal Playground Games and The Trial directly from the Festival Playlist screen (via the Pause Menu).
  • When checking the list of eligible cars for a Seasonal Championship, the game now correctly includes cars that are eligible even if they can't be purchased from the Autoshow.

CROSS PLATFORM FIXES
  • Fixed an exploit which allowed players to use Route Blueprint to earn a large number of Skill Points very quickly with very little effort.
  • Fixed an issue in Private adventures where players who borrowed the leader’s car were put into a completely different car.
  • Various stability improvements

PC FIXES
  • Fixed an issue where the screen becomes blurry when zooming with a mouse wheel in a photo mode.

XBOX FIXES
  • No Xbox-specific fixes

Edited by user Tuesday, June 4, 2019 7:10:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#69 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 7:44:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post

Errrm have you played lately? I am not saying that everything is amazing and flawless, but it surely got a lot better without collisions right from the start and the wallriding fix.

I have and yes it is better but it was atrocious before so it could only get better. It's still a boring grind in ranked and not worth the aggravation.

#70 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 8:33:28 AM(UTC)
[quote=ManteoMax;1099866]FH4 Release Notes: June 4th, 2019
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360024284113-FH4-Release-Notes-June-4th-2019

• This also applies to earnings from Businesses. Only earnings from this CU onward will count towards this stat.

Could someone explain in a little more detail what exactly that means?
    #71 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 9:04:43 AM(UTC)
    AMC Rebel?! Not the Pacer X?!

Booo. 🤬
    Every train needs a caboose, right?
    #72 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 9:15:02 AM(UTC)
    Originally Posted by: bd95C4 Go to Quoted Post
    Could someone explain in a little more detail what exactly that means?

There are 3 businesses in the game. World’s Fastest Rentals, Isha's Taxis, and The Car Files. They are similar to the other Horizon Stories, but they play different: first you purchase them for credits (like houses), and then they can give you credits each day (check your messages in game). If you own one of these businesses, and get all the stars in it, you get around 12,500 credits every 24 hours. So if you complete all three businesses, you get three times that amount every day.

The Star Card's Story Collector series of challenges has a challenge called 'The Magnate', in which you need to earn 2,000,000 credits from your businesses. Instead of counting them since the beginning, it will start counting these credits from the day the update is released and active (which means this Thursday if I undestand this correctly). This is needed to unlock the gamertag flair "Story Superstar", which looks like an open book.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 4, 2019 9:20:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
    #73 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 9:15:15 AM(UTC)
    #74 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 9:17:14 AM(UTC)
    Not even a full GB. Thats a tiny update compared to previous downloads
    Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
    #75 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 9:22:19 AM(UTC)
    It says 1,55 GB on PC. Anyway it's mostly four cars and and the Star Card, no wonder it isn't a huge file.
    6 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
    Error