This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
68 Pages<<5960616263>>PrevNext
#1501 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 9:22:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jjahouan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FM sheep Go to Quoted Post
I just want an "Any" option, nobody wants to play street scene in this game, I hardly find a lobby with more than 3 people in A and S1, let alone B class.

If you want ANY option’ play free for all

Not like that, but like 'any' class but certain adventures or 'any' adventures type but certain classes. FIA is just random with no collision and FFR option.
#1502 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 11:12:58 PM(UTC)
I just want an "Any" option, nobody wants to play street scene in this game, I hardly find a lobby with more than 3 people in A and S1, let alone B class.

Not like that, but like 'any' class but certain adventures or 'any' adventures type but certain classes. FIA is just random with no collision and FFR option.

There is already an option for any adventures but certain class.
#1503 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:52:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XXX 2zigenTuner Go to Quoted Post

What I meant is that the custom adventure you have to be specific at what class and adventure but some of them are constantly empty. While I want to play things like 'street scene' and I don't care what class is it, an 'any' option would be cool because not much player play street scene let alone a specific class.
#1504 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 4:10:00 AM(UTC)

What I meant is that the custom adventure you have to be specific at what class and adventure but some of them are constantly empty. While I want to play things like 'street scene' and I don't care what class is it, an 'any' option would be cool because not much player play street scene let alone a specific class.

No, you don't have to be specific about what adventure type it should be, there is an any option for that in custom adventure.
#1505 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:21:15 PM(UTC)

No, you don't have to be specific about what adventure type it should be, there is an any option for that in custom adventure.

You're right on that, but then why there is no such option for classes? It's been so many times that I search for them but only a few people in them or even start a new lobby with one other guy.
#1506 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2019 8:08:28 AM(UTC)
I don't know what to say. I came back to the game yesterday and have not had a dirty race yet. Wallriding is gone. Everyone so far in rank 10 is a good driver who tries to stay clean. It's like it's a whole different game.
The new system still needs some work, like clearing any slowdowns when you rewind (i've missed checkpoints while in the lead, smashed against a wall before the rewind and then not only am i placed way back but i'm also slowed down for an eternity. Too much punishment.) or making it so an all out speed car can't just phase trough a pack of clean fighting cars ( who thought this was a good idea?) but overall very good job indeed. Thanks PG. I have hope for this and future games again.
#1507 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 12:21:34 AM(UTC)
Hi everyone will be cool to see Fujimi Kaido in fh4 right? what do you think about that?

And someone have some photos with what expansion 2 unlock in fh4?

Edited by user Sunday, May 26, 2019 12:34:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1508 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 11:50:22 AM(UTC)
Custom adv is great but too restrictive. Just want to be able to search like 'Collisions OFF' and Go whatever race type, whatever class ... I don't care ... want a collisions off championship, FH4 do your job, find one. I hope it will be there soon.
Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
#1509 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:45:07 AM(UTC)
Will be nice if they will add something like Trade Car or something to let you give cars free for friends
#1510 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:51:27 AM(UTC)
Please PG, we need ghost starts for freeroam. The dirty players are really getting clever with using that event to WRECK you and your chances of winning the lobby. Sometimes it can be the difference between 1st and 3rd or finishing 1st and finishing 5th if the lobby is full of good racers. There were quite a few top 20 players playing this weekend. I gained 11 points for finishing 3rd. Imagine what could have been gained for winning 1st or 2nd overall. Need a better way to keep the lobbies clean

Edited by user Tuesday, May 28, 2019 12:26:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#1511 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 12:57:26 PM(UTC)
I’m fairly new to online team adventure. Do I assume a lot of being successful is through joining as a convoy/team? I’m currently at level 14 and did get up to 12 but struggle to see how I could get much higher than that.

For example, I just did 6 adventures in a row. Won three, lost three for a net loss of about 20 points. Fairly sure I haven’t finished behind a team mate in a race we’ve lost and probably have an average finish position of between 2nd and 3rd. Had I been good enough to have won every single race I think it would have only converted one loss to a win and I’d still have probably suffered a net loss of points!
#1512 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 1:51:37 PM(UTC)
Are you talking teams or solo? Finishing positions dont mean much. Its who you get paired against. Your team rank will be shown before the first race. Thats the average of everyone on your team. If the opposing team has a higher combined average rank, you'll likely gain for defeating them. If they are lower than your team, when you win you might even lose rank for beating them. I get -1 ALOT when I do teams because I rarely come up against a team thats better than mines. Thats mainly why I stick to FFA and even then I rarely come up against better competition. Lots of +0, +1, +2s in my finishes

#1513 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 10:55:10 PM(UTC)
Thanks for the reply. I’m referring to team adventure. I’m (roughly) familiar with how the points work - although I did lose 80 points in one race over the weekend despite the opposition containing three players ranked 3 or above and my team containing no one, other than me, ranked above 17, which seemed very harsh! I’m still trying to recover that loss, which is a very slow process.

My question was more how, if at all, people manage to progress to higher levels. To get above level 12, I think it’s necessary to, roughly, win twice as many team adventures as you lose. Presumably, it gets even harder thereafter. My experience is that, on average, the teams I am put on tend to be weaker than the opposition. I think that, to achieve that 2:1 ratio, I’d need to be good enough to win nearly every race. I was therefore wondering if, to get higher, it’s effectively necessary to join a team/convoy (and if that’s also why the opposition tends to be slightly stronger) or if there is some other trick to success I’m missing!

Also, has A-class dirt been removed from team adventure? I don’t think I’ve seen it for a couple of weeks and the Shelby Daytona I use for that class could be put to use elsewhere if so, rather than gathering virtual dust!
#1514 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 6:39:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jezza98 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for the reply. I’m referring to team adventure. I’m (roughly) familiar with how the points work - although I did lose 80 points in one race over the weekend despite the opposition containing three players ranked 3 or above and my team containing no one, other than me, ranked above 17, which seemed very harsh! I’m still trying to recover that loss, which is a very slow process.

My question was more how, if at all, people manage to progress to higher levels. To get above level 12, I think it’s necessary to, roughly, win twice as many team adventures as you lose. Presumably, it gets even harder thereafter. My experience is that, on average, the teams I am put on tend to be weaker than the opposition. I think that, to achieve that 2:1 ratio, I’d need to be good enough to win nearly every race. I was therefore wondering if, to get higher, it’s effectively necessary to join a team/convoy (and if that’s also why the opposition tends to be slightly stronger) or if there is some other trick to success I’m missing!

Also, has A-class dirt been removed from team adventure? I don’t think I’ve seen it for a couple of weeks and the Shelby Daytona I use for that class could be put to use elsewhere if so, rather than gathering virtual dust!

I'd argue you'd have to win 3 or 4 times as much as you lose. 80 in a single lobby is steep but my highest loss in a team room is -121. Took a couple weeks to gain that back because the competition rarely is balanced. If you have a higher rank and you lose to an uneven team whether its 5v6, 4v6 or even 3v6. Your rank will get MURDERED. Thats how I lost that 121

1 user liked this post.
#1515 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 10:35:49 AM(UTC)
I won and lost a point, I won and lost 4 points, I won and lost 2 points. 3 events in a row, 11 races altogether, with the loading times etc, over an hour of my life gone. For nothing.

Why isnt this fixed? Either, start matching players according to their rank, so we don't have a situation where level 10+ ranks against 11 unranks / ranks 17- and will lose points no matter what, or do something as easy as

base of:

5 points for a win
3 points for a second
1 points for a third

no matter the ranking, and then if you upset some higher ranks, you get some additional points on top, and if you played with unranks and lower ranks that is all you get.

It is not my fault I get matched with unexperienced players / players with no skill. And the worst thing is if you don't win, what is entirely possible since some good players don't have to be ranked. Then you get -20 or more!

I know it probably has been mentioned a ton of times, but maybe if more of us spam this forum, something will change!
 1 user liked this post.
#1516 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 1:28:25 PM(UTC)
In the last patch they started to penalize you if you make even a small crash into the wall. OK i take that. But they absolutely dont care that online ranked races are very often completely imbalanced. The race start with 12 players and when 3-4 players from one team leave. Not the team with less players but the team with more players is massively penalized by the points distribution. If one of those 2 players left in the team has enough luck or is slightly better than others he win everything because he steal most of the points for himself. They should somehow penalize the team that has less players. It's not fault of the other team that some players left the race.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 29, 2019 4:29:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1517 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 2:20:51 PM(UTC)
They need to just adjust the scoring as players quit out to still allow for a total of 600 points to be gained per player. For example, if 3 people from one team quit out and it becomes 3 vs. 6, the team of 6 should get 200 points per player on the opposite team that they beat in the race. The total number of points possible that each individual player can win has to be the same for both teams.

The same would apply to playground games, they would need to make it percentage based, for example if a team plays 3 vs. 6 in flag rush the team of 3 should either get 2 points per flag scored or the team of 6 should get 0.5 points per flag scored (even though there is still a huge disadvantage by having less players, it would help to even the competition out slightly). Or in survival it needs to go by percentage of team that survived if 2 out of 3 survive thats 66% and would be equal to 4 out of 6 surviving (but the tie-breaker should always go to the team with less players). In king the time the crown carrier accumulates should be factored based on the number of players on the team (a team with half the number of players as the other team should accumulate time twice as fast).

Simple point handicaps to even the playing field when teams become "unbalanced"...

Racing: Points awarded per beaten opponent = 600 / # of opponents

Games: Flag points per score = 6 / # of players on team, Survivors = # of survivors * 6 / # of players on team, Crown time gained = 1 sec * 6 / players on team

Edited by user Monday, June 3, 2019 11:24:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed some bad math pointed out below.

#1518 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:12:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post
They need to just adjust the scoring as players quit out to still allow for a total of 600 points to be gained per player (3600 team total +50 pt winner bonus). For example, if 3 people from one team quit out and it becomes 3 vs. 6, the team of 6 should get 200 points per player on the opposite team that they beat in the race. The total number of points possible has to be the same for both teams. When the team of 6 can only possibly win 1,850 points, but the team of 3 can win 3,650 points, that is where the problem is.

The same would apply to playground games, they would need to make it percentage based, for example if a team plays 3 vs. 6 in flag rush the team of 3 should either get 2 points per flag scored or the team of 6 should get 0.5 points per flag scored (even though there is still a huge disadvantage by having less players, it would help to even the competition out slightly). Or in survival it needs to go by percentage of team that survived if 2 out of 3 survive thats 66% and would be equal to 4 out of 6 surviving (but the tie-breaker should always go to the team with less players). In king the time the crown carrier accumulates should be factored based on the number of players on the team (a team with half the number of players as the other team should accumulate time twice as fast).

Simple point handicaps to even the playing field when teams become "unbalanced"...

Racing: Points awarded per beaten opponent = 600 / # of opponents

Games: Flag points per score = 6 / # of players on team, Survivors = # of survivors * 6 / # of players on team, Crown time gained = 1 sec * 6 / players on team

A team of three against a team of six can both win a maximum of 1850 (6 x 300 and 3 x 600 plus the 50 points). The problem is more that it tends to be the weaker players that drop out so a good player on an unbalanced team has a disproportionate impact. A three against a six who finish 1st, 6th and 8th win which doesn’t seem right. My suggestion for this scenario would be the bottom three results for the larger team should be discounted (positive or negative) so, in this scenario, the scoring would be:

1st : 350
6th : 0
8th : 0

2nd : 200
3rd : 200
4th : 200
5th, 7th and 9th : 0

Easy win for the larger team. That seems much fairer as the larger team has the benefit of more chances to do well, without suffering for the poorer results of its lesser players.
#1519 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 2:42:52 PM(UTC)
I hardly do ranked, just qualifying is enough to get the sensation ramming is the extra top skill along with lack of fair play.

Good part of it is that annoying players looks focusing on this mode claiming they are the best bla bla bla, gives some oxygen to FFAA and CA. Please don't change anything.
Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
#1520 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 6:52:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
They have to implement a list showing all currently running custom adventures. So everyone can see what is up and where to join. Maybe combine road & street racing in one.
Outside of the populated A800 road and S900 road lobbies there isn't much to race. I hardly see anybody in B700 road racing. Too many variables which divide the small playerbase even further.

You are exactly right. In H3 there were full lobbies of just about everything until they made a change early on to select a specific class instead of vote after adventure each time. The second they gave all those choices you couldn't find people anymore. PG should have statistics on what happened after they changed the custom system in the past. PG have a look at them please. Just add an option to vote after adventure. I really do not get why we do not get to vote in this game. Just boggles the mind that features are just carelessly discarded time after time with these Forza games. It is user fault as well. User unwillingness to try out new things is also part of this.

The statistics is probably the reason why they removed custom lobbies and voting in the first place. When people got to vote the majority almost always voted for road, and only A, S1 and S2 was populated among the class specific lobbies. In FH3 dirt and cross country lobbies was so rare that people didn't even bother tuning cars for it, making winning those events ridiculously easy even for a noob like me. Removing the voting system is the best thing PG has ever done.

Sometimes I wonder if I’m playing the same game as everyone else. In FH3, I’ve always found the voting results to be balanced as far as categories go; the only clear preference was for anything that wasn’t playground games. And I totally disagree with XC and dirt lobbies being rare; what would typically happen is that a lobby would levitate toward being more street oriented or off-road oriented, and players that don’t care so much for whichever orientation the lobby leaned to more would just drop out, leaving the remaining players to carry on with either street or off-road preferences. Even today, it is not at all difficult to find an off-road oriented lobby.

Regarding classes, I agree A/S1/S2 were favored far more than the lower classes, however, it was not a rare occurrence for the lobby to dip down into B and C. And 9 times out of 10 the people that bailed out when it dipped into B or C would be really low level players that hadn’t built up their garage enough and/or low level players too lazy to learn how to tune a low level car.
I have a vocabulary and I don’t apologize for it.
#Rivals #OpenClasss #LowerClasses #AMCPacerX
#1521 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 1:24:33 PM(UTC)
Got an idea,let's completely do away with these so called team events. As I've seen here it's the same for everyone these "teams" don't know what it means to be part of a team. They wreck you or seem to forget where the throttle is. Then when your team doesn't win, these so called players quit. If people want teams create team only events for clubs or whatever. Don't make my success or failure depend on others. Team events should start with the same number of members, I've seen repeatedly 6 vs 5 at the first event. Already a disadvantage.
#1522 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 10:15:03 AM(UTC)
Update 10 is probably the most irrelevant update so far
#1523 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 11:02:00 AM(UTC)
The constant ramming is still a HUGE issue. I've been doing teams again lately and yesterday was one of the days I wanted to quit playing altogether. We get to the last race, 2-2, right when i'm passing 1st and 2nd for the lead during the first lap. What do the players from the opposite team do? Both wreck into me and push me outside the flag. Me finishing last place cost my team the overall win. I refrained from sending them too vulgar of a message but without using actual curse words, I basically said you and your club/crew are a bunch of cheating SOBs. Those two were above 3K rating too. Of course they didnt reply to my message because theyre cowards. Play fair! Stop cheating to win, they have no shame

Edited by user Monday, June 3, 2019 11:02:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1524 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 1:47:43 PM(UTC)
Hi there everyone. Generally, i dont post here much or at all.

But today I have to make an exception because i've had enough of playing back to back cross events in quick adventure this is so annoying!

I mean how it is possible that there is a cross event 3 times in a row? or that there is dirt, cross, dirt, cross ...... WHAT ABOUT road and street???

Let me remind you from Forza Horizon 3 we had voting system after each championship and it was perfect! So, why on earth would you take away something that was greatly appreciated?

Right so just because there is a minority of players who actually enjoy playing cross events 24/7 ... you taken voting away?

Come on and im not going to play custom adventures becuase people dont play these much. I want to play an adventure full of players. But playing cross country all the freaking time really takes away the enjoyment of the game from me. I can't be bothered really.

PLEASE give us voting system again..

#1525 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 7:55:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TriXinised Go to Quoted Post
Hi there everyone. Generally, i dont post here much or at all.

But today I have to make an exception because i've had enough of playing back to back cross events in quick adventure this is so annoying!

I mean how it is possible that there is a cross event 3 times in a row? or that there is dirt, cross, dirt, cross ...... WHAT ABOUT road and street???

Let me remind you from Forza Horizon 3 we had voting system after each championship and it was perfect! So, why on earth would you take away something that was greatly appreciated?

Right so just because there is a minority of players who actually enjoy playing cross events 24/7 ... you taken voting away?

Come on and im not going to play custom adventures becuase people dont play these much. I want to play an adventure full of players. But playing cross country all the freaking time really takes away the enjoyment of the game from me. I can't be bothered really.

PLEASE give us voting system again..

Agreed. Their argument was that people leaned towards S1 and S2...but if everyone is VOTING for those races that means they WANT TO PLAY THEM lol. I am pretty much that way. I enjoy playing S2 and S1 but not enough to start a custom adventure and do SOLELY S1 or S2. The loading screens in this game are too long to be bothered with that. I appreciate a good variety of races and unfortunately online adventure does not give us that anymore. I did an hour long live stream and was stuck in A class street racing for 4 or 5 championships in a row just to prove a point. I even went back and played Horizon 2 just to get an idea of what we used to have and how well it worked. The lobbies stayed full because people voted for the races that they actually wanted to play next.
68 Pages<<5960616263>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error