This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
52 Pages<<4344454647>>PrevNext
#1101 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 4:42:14 AM(UTC)
why the cars' sounds are lighter when compared to forza horizon 3 and motorsport 7? In the forza horizon 4 cars' sounds' basses are not enough, sounds are so light. That has a really bad effect on game atmosphere. PLAYGROUND GAMES please fix that problem, increase the car sounds bass like fh3 and motorsport 7. We want to feel cars by their sounds. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THAT!!!!!
#1102 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:27:46 AM(UTC)
The new Mini Countryman has the right amt of weight and width. Perhaps there is still hope. First the MC12 Corsa is engineered properly, and now this. Now jus go ahead 'n apply the same engineering to all the cars that need it.

#1103 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:32:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: opencamswrx Go to Quoted Post
Completely uninspiring and inaccurate to say the least. And they're justifying their "hard work" in the stream. Honestly, they should do the smart thing and revert back to FH2/3 sounds, and then make improvements to those samples after conducting thorough research.

There are very few sounds in both those titles that I would consider remotely accurate, and the engineering in 3 is by far worse than this iteration. All they need to do is sort the engineering really. Most of the engine notes are accurate enough. The fact that a majority of these car engines only come out of the center channel on a surround setup is just not acceptable.
#1104 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:14:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AhmetCOU Go to Quoted Post
why the cars' sounds are lighter when compared to forza horizon 3 and motorsport 7? In the forza horizon 4 cars' sounds' basses are not enough, sounds are so light. That has a really bad effect on game atmosphere. PLAYGROUND GAMES please fix that problem, increase the car sounds bass like fh3 and motorsport 7. We want to feel cars by their sounds. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THAT!!!!!

There was far less bass, and worse engineering in FH3. Stop bringing that up. FM7 is ok to compare if you use the updated audio, but beyond that no.
#1105 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2019 7:07:18 AM(UTC)
Yeah I don't think they get - or even if they do, maybe the mess is bigger than we thought. I'll echo back what you said: weak and light sounds, 100% break immersion on a good sound system.
 1 user liked this post.
#1106 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 12:52:39 AM(UTC)
Been a while since I posted and this thread seems to be dying.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that they won't/can't update many or any of the engine sounds currently in game, be that for time constraints or whatever.

One thing they could do is update the god awful upgraded turbo and supercharger sounds seeing as though they're common to all of the cars and seemingly get dished out randomly from a set of maybe 4 or 5 sounds. Same applies for the pops and bangs from the exhaust.

1 user liked this post.
#1107 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 2:02:25 AM(UTC)
Bringing up this thread again. We players want to see some sound update so at least do something about it. It's sad to see the obvious downgrade of sound quality compared to previous Horizon
#1108 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2019 9:52:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FM sheep Go to Quoted Post
Bringing up this thread again. We players want to see some sound update so at least do something about it. It's sad to see the obvious downgrade of sound quality compared to previous Horizon

I definitely wouldn't say it's a downgrade from 3. The engineering is definitely a downgrade from 2 and 1 far as the low end, dynamic range, and width goes. This one is superior to those in the sound design dept, but definitely not in the engineering dept. I just want consistency. Can't stand getting into a 2009 Corvette just to have it feel like I'm cruising around in a mono vacuum cleaner. Same goes for most Aston Martins. There are some instances where the sample choice is just wrong, but those are pretty rare as far as I can tell. Most of the issues lie in how they're engineered as I've said numerous times. The new cars we've gotten feel far better. MC12 Corsa feels great. Mini's feel pretty good ( convertible one is a lil weak in the low end in cockpit view ). Several Audis feel great. Bugattis aren't awful. Most Lamborghinis are pretty accurate, but they feel off ( there's this weird LFO when the Aventador is at WOT). Same goes for Ferraris ( aside from the 488 GTB and California T ). Just about every engine feels very flat, and mono. That's what we want changed. That's the game breaking bug. There's no good reason to have those cockpit sounds come out of only the center channel on a surround setup. That's what we have here. Too narrow, and too flat. Lifeless. Immersion breaking. To have a game that looks and feels as good as this sound this poor is just an atrocity.
 1 user liked this post.
#1109 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 2:00:09 AM(UTC)
It has been rather clear, the induction / enigne / exhaust sounds of FH4 have been severely downgraded in comparison to previous titles. Until this day, nobody knows why. While T10 gave FM7 a rather large sound update, what has been really appreciated by the community, PG has ignored this subject rather well, live stream after live stream.

Live stream coming up next Monday, so what is it gonna be:
A - ''Yes we are looking into it, our sound development team are working non-stop, have patience.''
B - ''No, we are gonna leave it as it is, car sounds don't have priority in Horizon, please shut up about it.''
C - Ignore the subject yet again.

My guess is C, rather disappointing and uninspiring (just like the sound development).

1 user liked this post.
#1110 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 11:47:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LordReindeer0 Go to Quoted Post
It has been rather clear, the induction / enigne / exhaust sounds of FH4 have been severely downgraded in comparison to previous titles. Until this day, nobody knows why. While T10 gave FM7 a rather large sound update, what has been really appreciated by the community, PG has ignored this subject rather well, live stream after live stream.

Live stream coming up next Monday, so what is it gonna be:
A - ''Yes we are looking into it, our sound development team are working non-stop, have patience.''
B - ''No, we are gonna leave it as it is, car sounds don't have priority in Horizon, please shut up about it.''
C - Ignore the subject yet again.

My guess is C, rather disappointing and uninspiring (just like the sound development).

My guess is also C. Unfortunately. :(
 1 user liked this post.
#1111 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 12:44:17 PM(UTC)
The sound of your engine surging towards the redline is one of the most exciting parts of being a car enthusiast. The more I play this game the more I realize the engine sounds as a whole are flat and lifeless. The generic 6.2 V8 swap for JDM cars is especially awful, I have a V8 in my 240 and I always have a smile on my face when that engine roars over 4000rpm.
#1112 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 12:44:30 PM(UTC)
accidental quote please delete

Edited by user Thursday, May 30, 2019 12:45:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1113 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 7:49:48 PM(UTC)
Apollo IE's sound is copied directly from the FH4 FXX-K and LaFerrari. While it does use the same engine, the exhaust note is much closer to that of a F1 car. Interior sound is way off too. I'm glad they didn't use the F12 Berlinetta V12 tho. That one is even worse. Should have just brought the FM7 updated FXX-K sound in. Current Apollo IE sound makes it really boring to drive. What a shame. Such potential. Shame we can't get some answers on why the FM7 updated sounds aren't being ported in. There's literally no reason to have the 2 titles sound different. A car's sound doesn't change that much even with an exhaust upgrade. May get a lil more aggressive, but the base note is always there. The sound teams should really sit down 'n hash this out.
#1114 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 6:30:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post
The sound of your engine surging towards the redline is one of the most exciting parts of being a car enthusiast. The more I play this game the more I realize the engine sounds as a whole are flat and lifeless. The generic 6.2 V8 swap for JDM cars is especially awful, I have a V8 in my 240 and I always have a smile on my face when that engine roars over 4000rpm.

I've got a 4 banger turbo and it puts every sound in FH4 to shame which really should say everything about the sound direction in this game.
 1 user liked this post.
#1115 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 6:56:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EnvyingCrown638 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ChickenWorm4902 Go to Quoted Post

I've got a 4 banger turbo and it puts every sound in FH4 to shame which really should say everything about the sound direction in this game.

f'real. My stock 4 banger beater / work car sounds better than almost every car in game. There are some in game that sound great, but the majority are just trash.
 2 users liked this post.
#1116 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 7:56:37 AM(UTC)
The Apollo I.E. is a joke. Some leaks, then the big announcement and then you let people wait for it till the end of the season...just to squeeze in the generic V12 sound of FH4 - the LaFerrari sound, because every V12 sounds like a LaFerrari...

Come on guys, this isn't funny any more. At least pretend you care and push those knobs on the EQ a bit to make it sound a little bit different than the LaFerrari sound.
It is plain frustrating. The sounds of the cars give them a lot of character IMO, character which is totally missing in this game - case in point STILL! is the Zonda.
 1 user liked this post.
#1117 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 8:47:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BFGRupert Go to Quoted Post
The Apollo I.E. is a joke. Some leaks, then the big announcement and then you let people wait for it till the end of the season...just to squeeze in the generic V12 sound of FH4 - the LaFerrari sound, because every V12 sounds like a LaFerrari...

Come on guys, this isn't funny any more. At least pretend you care and push those knobs on the EQ a bit to make it sound a little bit different than the LaFerrari sound.
It is plain frustrating. The sounds of the cars give them a lot of character IMO, character which is totally missing in this game - case in point STILL! is the Zonda.

It really is quite ridiculous. My friend and I were playing FM4 the other day, just because, and wow... those exhaust notes were SO much better than any Forza game that came after it. Even old muscle cars with the same engines made slightly different noises, as they should.
#1118 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 2:05:54 PM(UTC)
Thing is when they do their job right, it's done really well. As much as the R32 and R33 don't sound like GT-Rs in this game, they definitely nailed the RB25 GTS-T sound ( tho the turbo could be a lil louder ). The Audi RS7 sounds almost exactly like it does IRL. Same with the R8 V10. RS3 Sportback and TTRS are more examples. 488 GTB is a lil off, but not by much. The Mercedes V8s are very accurate as well. That's what irritates me the most about this whole ordeal. They're VERY capable.
 2 users liked this post.
#1119 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 2:18:03 PM(UTC)
My problem with the sounds is that most cars just don't sound accurate. A good example would be the Viper; It just sounds really rushed to me. Cars like the E30 M3 and the Group B Audi Quattro have decently accurate sounds. It actually sounds like a Quattro or an E30 M3. Here's another thing, The Shelby GT350R and Camaro ZL1 have the exact same sounds....ridiculous. When a rival of a car has the exact same sound.....I hope PG/Turn 10 sees this.
#1120 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 7:19:53 AM(UTC)
Just import the f******* sound from the previous title, I see you guys did it with that s***** sound of the R34 to the R32,33 in the FH4. Why TH you guys still re-record some of the sounds when there are good examples.
#1121 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 1:21:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
The Mercedes V8s are very accurate as well.

I disagree. The Mercedes V8s do not sound accurate to real life. I heard what a Mercedes V8 sounds like in real life, and video comparisons strikes this point home.

Frankly PG isn't going to listen to us anytime soon. They're too concerned with putting in things we never asked for, and making cars sound like how they wanted it (inaccurate - not faithful to their real life versions they're depicting). And they are just too damn stubborn!

This is sad, because when a manufacturer records sounds that are more true, it shows the lack of quality. I know they can do it, they just refuse to.

Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster (not in-game, but the AMG GT S has the same exhaust setup and layout. The AMG GT R is very close)

Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4-door Coupé

Mercedes-AMG sound montage

Edited by user Sunday, June 2, 2019 1:36:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Why are real-life factory car engine sounds better than in-game car engine sounds?
#1122 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 1:31:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JurunceNK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
The Mercedes V8s are very accurate as well.

I disagree there. The Mercedes V8s do not sound accurate to real life. I heard what a Mercedes V8 sounds like and video comparisons strikes this point home.

Frankly PG isn't going to listen to us anytime soon. They're too concerned with putting in things we never asked for, and making cars sound like how they wanted it (inaccurate - not faithful to their real life versions they're depicting). And they are just too damn stubborn!

This is sad, because when a manufacturer records sounds that are more true, it shows the lack of quality. I know they can do it, they just refuse to.

Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster (not in-game, but the AMG GT S has the same exhaust setup and layout. The AMG GT R is very close)

Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4-door Coupé

Ah. See, I don't use chase cams much at all. I'm a cockpit view player. Inside the AMGs sound very close to how they do in the POV vids I've watched on youtube. I'm going to make a list of everything that feels right in cockpit here soon. The major issue PG's sound team has is engineering. For some reason the majority of the cars have nearly all the bass cut out, and they're very mono. Almost no dynamic range.
#1123 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 1:36:01 PM(UTC)
See this AMG GT R for instance >> AMG GTR POV
#1124 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 4:01:04 PM(UTC)
As I've said numerous times, if I can set a high shelf at 200hz and pull that down 12dB and still hear plenty of high end then there's a major problem with the engineering. In fact, the game doesn't get muddy until I start hitting the -18dB mark with my high shelf. Too much 'definition' ( mids and high end ) and not enough width. Fix those issues, and you'll have it.
#1125 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 7:07:05 PM(UTC)
I can sort of see (hear) what they tried to do with the - infamous - V10 Viper sounds BTW. It works halfway decent through lower to mid RPM before it falls absolutely flat. Dreadful stuff. Still amazing to this day how this passed QA...

I'm late to the party in H4. I put off playing because of this issue alone. Since I'm giving Gamepass a brief go, thought I'd play some anyway.

They need some people in Mike Caviezel's league to set things right again, no doubt.

52 Pages<<4344454647>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error