This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
29 Pages<<272829Prev
 3 users liked this post.
#701 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 10:27:14 AM(UTC)
Personally, I think it's a tragedy that VIR is behind a paywall. It's easily one of the best tracks in the game. So many tricky corners for making up time but still wide enough to make passes. There's nothing as satisfying in this game as putting together a hot lap on VIR, not even the Nordschleife compares. I wish I could actually race this track, but I don't do single player and the lobbies are empty on multiplayer. Just sad.
 2 users liked this post.
#702 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 6:07:30 PM(UTC)
I agree and. I bought the porsche pack. i didnt think they would include VIR in the paid pack and I wouldnt have felt ripped off if they gave VIR for free to everyone. Now im not sure how they can get it out to everyone. I hope they dont do that again iwhen they release another track and try make us buy a bunch of cars we dont want with it. But if they released a track pack of like 10 tracks for 10 bucks id probably get it.

Edited by user Friday, April 22, 2016 10:59:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#703 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 7:08:43 PM(UTC)
I'd pay lots of money for a track pack. I love this game and feel that more tracks would add so much to its life cycle. I hope they keep the car packs coming as well, although only 7 new cars monthly with limos and Aztecs included, it's just not enough support for a game with this much add on potential.

Edited by user Friday, April 22, 2016 7:09:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#704 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 10:48:38 PM(UTC)
Is there anyway in the Porsche league that VIR Patriot and VIR Patriot Alt be not featured, especially at night, as it is a nightmare and a hustle to complete in the dark and most everyone hate it.
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

1 user liked this post.
#705 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 11:19:01 PM(UTC)
I'm not even a Porsche fan at all, never have been. I have driven several over the years in real life and none of them impressed me. However saying this I loved the Cayman in this game. It's an absolute peach to drive in standard form. I haven't driven a newer Cayman yet in real life but this game makes me want to!

If it's anything like as good as that in real life it must be bloody brilliant. Porsche really should build a proper 'full size' mid engined sports car and sell it alongside the 911. They clearly don't want to move the 911's engine for tradition now more than anything and fear the angry 911 purists. They know where their bread is buttered. I would bet however within 10 years of one everyone except the 911 die hards would have jumped into the mid engine car and never look back.
#706 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 3:10:09 AM(UTC)
I've got the gold ultimate edition of Forza 6 and I'm not sure about spending more money on DLC cars. Is it good :)? Feedback would be great. Thanks :)
 1 user liked this post.
#707 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 3:27:23 AM(UTC)
I bought it, but I regret it and I certainly won't be buying any more expansions.

- I love the track(s), but as they're not used in MP they're pretty much useless to me. I don't think I've even looked at VIR since about the 2nd week after it launched.

- I don't play Career so none of that content interests me.

- A couple of the cars are pretty decent, but I could certainly live without them.
#708 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 5:45:13 AM(UTC)
I agree with Zedeeyan, i bought the porsche pack as well as the nascar pack. Each pack does contain a new track along with cars but the tracks arent intergrated into the game. I will say the porsche pack is a better value because you get vir which is a better track imo than homestead and you get more than 3 cars which is all you get with the nascar pack.

Each expansion does have high production values but the lack of integration to the main game, dead multiplayer, leagues and rival's events that dont seem to change its all a waste.

So as i said the porsche expansion does give you more than the nascar expansion, but just be prepared to play by yourself if you want to race on vir. If you like porsche this is the only way to use them, but theres only a couple that are competitive, so in reality youd be paying $20 for a track you can basically only hot lap on, empty multiplayer hopper, empty leagues, rivals events that dont change, a career that makes you use particular cars to progress and a couple of competitive cars that can be used in the regular multiplayer lobbies. Id wait till its half price or something.
#709 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 6:47:31 AM(UTC)
ok thanks @im2fast
#710 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:22:02 AM(UTC)
It was $10 just a couple weeks ago. If you're on the fence, I'd say wait until it goes on sale again which should be soon. It's definitely worth $10, $20 is a little more iffy, but I liked the cars and VIR enough to splurge a little.
#711 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 10:43:23 AM(UTC)
Just buy the thing already man! With 20 cars and VIR you can't go wrong! Also, you have access to the Porsche League when you buy in. I don't agree one bit with this pay-if-you-want-to-be-exclusive approach to acquiring new content, but I guess if this is what we have to do to get it, then so be it with a qualifier!!!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

#712 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 11:32:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FORMULA ONE 44 Go to Quoted Post
Just buy the thing already man! With 20 cars and VIR you can't go wrong! Also, you have access to the Porsche League when you buy in. I don't agree one bit with this pay-if-you-want-to-be-exclusive approach to acquiring new content, but I guess if this is what we have to do to get it, then so be it with a qualifier!!!

Theres been 3 participants in the porsche pinnacle league for the past 3 months.....not exactly a perk
#713 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 11:57:49 AM(UTC)
I have to admit I liked and drove the FM4 Porsche pack alot more than the FM6 pack. VIR is nice to have and there's some fun to drive cars in it but none that I couldn't have done without.
#714 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:00:22 PM(UTC)
Nope.
#715 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:34:04 PM(UTC)
worth it imo, VIR alone will give you your 20 dollars worth. the model lineup isnt as great as forza 4 but still is alot of fun
#716 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 8:49:30 PM(UTC)
It was definitely worth it for me.
#717 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 1:01:35 AM(UTC)
I know it's a long shot but I wonder if the price of the Porsche expansion pack is ever going to drop?

I can't be the only one who still plays FM6 (because I prefer it over FM7) and I would buy the Porsche pack in an instant if it went on sale for half price. I imagine quite a few others would too.
 1 user liked this post.
#718 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2019 2:06:13 PM(UTC)
It was on sale this year.

Keep an eye for the summer sale. It will likely be the last sale because the game will be delisted in september or october.

For comparation, the DLC of Horizon 2 last year was on sale separately some months before the desliting. So don't expect the VIP, Car Pass, Porsche and Nascar to be on sale on the same week.
29 Pages<<272829Prev

Notification

Icon
Error