This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
76 Pages<<5859606162>>PrevNext
#1476 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 7:44:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XXX 2zigenTuner Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Wasssaaaa Go to Quoted Post
Online racing is now frustrating, no fun at all. Now you don't only need to watch out for rammers but also you have to be constantly aware of not touching the walls! So now you don't only need the fastest car to be first but also the one with best handling and breaking reducing drastically the car roaster, this last one I'm not a fan since I like to use every car that the game offers and I don't have the time (and is boring) to master one car for every category.
A request would be to have these penalties only applied in ranked mode, let the people who wants a clean race to play ranked and the ones who are just to have some fun to play unranked adventure

Actually no, you don't need a good handling car to win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Txk06l1-Po

But you do have to know how to drive, and being that this is a driving game, that's a good thing.

In FH3 all out power tunes was mutch better than they are in FH4. And now when there is not freeroam rush anymore and gets penalty by hitting walls handling is more important than it's been previously in horizon games (in FH3 i use lot in a-class some australian car that have max out lambo V12 that reach 450km/h in FH4 same kinda tune is terrible to drive)

True but people are still using power builds in b class. Attax Johnson recommended a Subary Legacy tune in a video, I tried it and it was extremely slidey. And of course you can win with low grip cars in the higher classes as well but then you need to be an immensely good driver and be up against lower tier opponents, which is usually the case in unranked if you are immensely good.
 1 user liked this post.
#1477 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 10:38:42 AM(UTC)
Has anyone managed to get more than three players into a custom adventure? My PB is three players for two and half races. They implemented too much choise into it. As I predicted, it's exactly the same as it was in FH3, the player base isn't large enough. Not gonna touch this again until they fix it.

I got excited when I checked the forums this weekend like unusually do each month, and saw theyd finally implemented custom adventures FINALLY THANK YOU.

I installed the game last night to play it this morning. But when I fired the game up and tried to make a custom adventure, I realized they they didnt give us an offline option. So yeah, I can try to play B class dirt adventure with freeroam off, and collision on....... but I cant actually play that adventure because I'll never build a lobby.

Way to waste the entire concept playground. How hard would it have been to give a another toggle option to fill grid vacancies with drivatars after 60sec of matchmaking? Or just, ya know, allow solo play with drivatars to start with.

If I'm missing some way to draft drivatars into custom adventures please tell me, because that's the only thing I want at this point. I'm just going to uninstall the game again after this huge disappointment now.

Edit: I was going to try a different adventure class/type but realized that my garage was filtered to a muscle vs tuners and I couldn't unfilter it. Sort/filter by other stuff didnt work, travelled to festival, still locked in filter. Went to auto show and it displayed all models, but my garage is still filtered. I finally tried to start some random solo race, and it allowed me to pick from my full garage and that fixed it..... needless to say I didnt bother trying another adventure.

Edited by user Monday, May 13, 2019 10:54:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1478 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 3:07:33 PM(UTC)
With Collision "on" in custom adventure, the initial 30 seconds of ghosting and the newest Series 9 collision changes are still on. Is this a bug? If not, having collision "on" definitely needs these two features disabled.
 1 user liked this post.
#1479 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 6:02:59 PM(UTC)
I don't think we need cheating npc cars in multiplayer lobbies.

But some kind of a lobby browser would be very helpful to fill up custom adventure lobbies.
#1480 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 1:36:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: geilomat3OOO Go to Quoted Post

But some kind of a lobby browser would be very helpful to fill up custom adventure lobbies.

When willing to go for custom race, we need multiple selection to be possible so that we have more opportunities to find lobbies.

1 user liked this post.
#1481 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 5:56:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: geilomat3OOO Go to Quoted Post

When willing to go for custom race, we need multiple selection to be possible so that we have more opportunities to find lobbies.

I can see the cheating drivatars mucking it up. But if everyone has another option to check "fill grid vacancies with drivatars after 60sec" yes or no, then you wont ever race against them if you dont want to. I just wanted that option so I can sit down and play a custom adventure that maybe nobody else wants to.

Right now there are combinations of adventure that are 100% dead and wasting space as an option. If we could fill the grid with drivatars, itd solve the problem for people who just want to play adventures, but dont neccesarily care if its woth other people or drivatars.
#1482 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 9:19:17 AM(UTC)
With collisions "on", the cars are still ghosted for the first 30 seconds and the new Series 9 collision changes are active. We need the option to have the game in custom adventure like it was from Release to Series 7.
#1483 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 10:20:49 PM(UTC)
After several days of custom adv being available, I find myself using it less than expected. Main reason, I anticipate waiting and having to test different configuration to find a game. Ok S1 runs easy but for others, forcing player to choose between collision or not , freeroam or not etc is just lowering the chances to find some mates to play.
Having the possibility to put a specific value or indicate 'any' on each parameter would definitely help. Like, I wish to play B class whatever collision, free-roam, race type ... At last it is supposed to be a search engine not a championship create feature ... either list the results of the search or launch the first found I don't care but the way it is now is by far too restrictive.
 2 users liked this post.
#1484 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 11:58:06 PM(UTC)
I reinstalled this colossal mess a couple weeks ago and tried custom adventure A class dirt with no collisions. After a 20 minute wait time I was put in a room with 1 other person. After 3 adventures of just us 2 I called it a night and went back to H3. Haven't touched H4 since. Worst game in the franchise. Yawnfest.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 1 user liked this post.
#1485 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 1:29:03 AM(UTC)
They have to implement a list showing all currently running custom adventures. So everyone can see what is up and where to join. Maybe combine road & street racing in one.
Outside of the populated A800 road and S900 road lobbies there isn't much to race. I hardly see anybody in B700 road racing. Too many variables which divide the small playerbase even further.
 2 users liked this post.
#1486 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 2:14:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
They have to implement a list showing all currently running custom adventures. So everyone can see what is up and where to join...

It wouldn't matter because the only lobbies that are populated are the road lobbies. Want to find other people to race with? Choose a road lobby. Want to race something other than road? Forget about it, you're not gonna find a lobby that has more than one or two other players in it and they are going to leave after one or two races because noone wants to play mano a mano for a long time.

I've said this many times, even before we got custom adventures: what needs to be done is to limit our choices. Only two race types, road+street and dirt+cross, and only two class choices, A+B and S1+S2. And remove freeroam rush altogheter, or make it a race type of its own and see how many who plays it, rofl.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 21, 2019 2:18:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1487 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:35:13 AM(UTC)
They have to implement a list showing all currently running custom adventures. So everyone can see what is up and where to join...

It wouldn't matter because the only lobbies that are populated are the road lobbies. Want to find other people to race with? Choose a road lobby. Want to race something other than road? Forget about it, you're not gonna find a lobby that has more than one or two other players in it and they are going to leave after one or two races because noone wants to play mano a mano for a long time.

I've said this many times, even before we got custom adventures: what needs to be done is to limit our choices. Only two race types, road+street and dirt+cross, and only two class choices, A+B and S1+S2. And remove freeroam rush altogheter, or make it a race type of its own and see how many who plays it, rofl.

IMO that dont sound good option, i love playing S1 adventures but i dont really want to do S2 adventures and S2 street race adventures sounds really bad. I agree with rayne that seeing lobby list could make less popular adventures more popular, im sure there is lots of peoples who want to play B700 adventures but now they dont even seach lobbys because it's take so long to find one.
 1 user liked this post.
#1488 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:29:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

IMO that dont sound good option, i love playing S1 adventures but i dont really want to do S2 adventures and S2 street race adventures sounds really bad. I agree with rayne that seeing lobby list could make less popular adventures more popular, im sure there is lots of peoples who want to play B700 adventures but now they dont even seach lobbys because it's take so long to find one.

It doesn't take very long, a few minutes on average. The problem is that almost as soon as you find one the other player quits and you have to start all over again. So what is the ability to see a lobby list going to do? Well, after you few tries you are going to find a random lobby that you join. The other players are soon going to quit because there are only three people in the lobby, and then you'll have to start searching for a lobby all over again. I don't think that the ability to see lobbies would solve anything.
 1 user liked this post.
#1489 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:14:48 AM(UTC)
They have to implement a list showing all currently running custom adventures. So everyone can see what is up and where to join. Maybe combine road & street racing in one.
Outside of the populated A800 road and S900 road lobbies there isn't much to race. I hardly see anybody in B700 road racing. Too many variables which divide the small playerbase even further.

You are exactly right. In H3 there were full lobbies of just about everything until they made a change early on to select a specific class instead of vote after adventure each time. The second they gave all those choices you couldn't find people anymore. PG should have statistics on what happened after they changed the custom system in the past. PG have a look at them please. Just add an option to vote after adventure. I really do not get why we do not get to vote in this game. Just boggles the mind that features are just carelessly discarded time after time with these Forza games. It is user fault as well. User unwillingness to try out new things is also part of this.
 1 user liked this post.
#1490 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:34:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetorts Go to Quoted Post

You are exactly right. In H3 there were full lobbies of just about everything until they made a change early on to select a specific class instead of vote after adventure each time. The second they gave all those choices you couldn't find people anymore. PG should have statistics on what happened after they changed the custom system in the past. PG have a look at them please. Just add an option to vote after adventure. I really do not get why we do not get to vote in this game. Just boggles the mind that features are just carelessly discarded time after time with these Forza games. It is user fault as well. User unwillingness to try out new things is also part of this.

The statistics is probably the reason why they removed custom lobbies and voting in the first place. When people got to vote the majority almost always voted for road, and only A, S1 and S2 was populated among the class specific lobbies. In FH3 dirt and cross country lobbies was so rare that people didn't even bother tuning cars for it, making winning those events ridiculously easy even for a noob like me. Removing the voting system is the best thing PG has ever done.
#1491 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:45:54 AM(UTC)
It's better than finding zero people.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:46:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1492 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 4:37:31 PM(UTC)

No! Combining street and road is a hugely bad idea. Idem for dirt and cross country. Although certain cars are all around, most of them are awesome for a specific type of race. As people mentioned previously, what needs to be done is a browser where people can see what races are currently going on and match with others on those races instead of arbitrarily choosing like it is right now
#1493 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:49:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jjahouan Go to Quoted Post

No! Combining street and road is a hugely bad idea. Idem for dirt and cross country. Although certain cars are all around, most of them are awesome for a specific type of race. As people mentioned previously, what needs to be done is a browser where people can see what races are currently going on and match with others on those races instead of arbitrarily choosing like it is right now

And why would you pick the same car for both road and street adventures then? Noone would be forcing you to do that.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:59:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1494 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:52:37 AM(UTC)
I just want an "Any" option, nobody wants to play street scene in this game, I hardly find a lobby with more than 3 people in A and S1, let alone B class.
#1495 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 5:32:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FM sheep Go to Quoted Post
I just want an "Any" option, nobody wants to play street scene in this game, I hardly find a lobby with more than 3 people in A and S1, let alone B class.

It is so well balanced and fun. The low popularity is a real shame.

#1496 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:47:21 AM(UTC)

I dont do much custom but I gotta say I like the idea. Road/Street, Dirt/Cross Country. It really would show who can tune a versatile car to handle all terrains and corners
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 1 user liked this post.
#1497 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 7:07:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

I dont do much custom but I gotta say I like the idea. Road/Street, Dirt/Cross Country. It really would show who can tune a versatile car to handle all terrains and corners

Altough that would be fun it is not what I meant. I can give you an example, if you pick A+B and dirt+cross country you'll get put in an adventure that is either A or B and either dirt or cross country. Which combination it is is randomly picked by the game. It's the same priciple as when you do a free-for-all adventure, the game randomly picks class and race type for you. The only difference in custom adventure would be that the game would get less alternatives to pick from.
#1498 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 5:19:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

Altough that would be fun it is not what I meant. I can give you an example, if you pick A+B and dirt+cross country you'll get put in an adventure that is either A or B and either dirt or cross country. Which combination it is is randomly picked by the game. It's the same priciple as when you do a free-for-all adventure, the game randomly picks class and race type for you. The only difference in custom adventure would be that the game would get less alternatives to pick from.

Great!

1 user liked this post.
#1499 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 5:21:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FM sheep Go to Quoted Post

If you want ANY option’ play free for all

#1500 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2019 5:26:58 PM(UTC)
Having a custom adventure section is even irrelevant. that feature could be implemented within Team Adventure and Free for All as a browser giving the ability to select a race to join among current/starting races
76 Pages<<5859606162>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error