This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#51 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:48:32 PM(UTC)
Heading into Fast Friday at IMS, here’s the current leaderboard for our Indycar drivers. Only Newgarden and Steinbrenner have improved.

Josef Newgarden: 39.398
Conor Daly: 39.407
Steinbrenner IV: 39.476
Matheus Leist: 39.488
Simon Pagenaud: 39.491
James Hinchcliffe: 39.537
Jack Harvey: 39.563
Colton Herta: 39.638

Yet to post a time...
Robert Wickens
Santino Ferrucci
Spencer Pigot
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 5:24:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post
Josef Newgarden: 39.398
Conor Daly: 39.407
Steinbrenner IV: 39.476

Currently on 39.422, but I had a lap where I was 0.02x up at half way, so .398 might JUST about be possible. I think I'll wait till closer to the end before having another go, so I'm not chasing a moving target.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#53 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 5:34:33 AM(UTC)
I haven't loaded up and played FM7 in quite a while but when I saw this I had to give it a go. Oval racing has never been my forte. It looks simple but there is truly a skill to it. I've only ran maybe 20 laps and just 1.7 seconds behind Josef's time and so this weekend I intend to put some laps in. I don't think I'll beat it but I do enjoy the challenge.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#54 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 6:15:39 AM(UTC)
You got that right. It's simple just slam on the gas and go, never lift. But the hard part is picking the right line for the corners. Pick the wrong line and you scrub off too much speed or go to deep in a corner and have farther to travel costing precious time. With lap times only thousandths of a second apart there is literally no room for any mistakes.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 6:37:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Griff Vulture Go to Quoted Post
You got that right. It's simple just slam on the gas and go, never lift. But the hard part is picking the right line for the corners. Pick the wrong line and you scrub off too much speed or go to deep in a corner and have farther to travel costing precious time. With lap times only thousandths of a second apart there is literally no room for any mistakes.


Yes this is what I've found it to be. Easy to learn and hard to master.
Rank: Moderator
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2019 12:34:48 PM(UTC)
Pigot has set a time putting him between Harvey and Herta. I don't know if Wickens is out but he's not listed in the WIR chart:



https://www.forzamotorsp.../en-us/news/wir_5_17_19

Mechberg's tip for controller users is to increase the inside Steering Axis Deadzone to make it less twitchy.

Edited by user Friday, May 17, 2019 2:24:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
#57 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 7:52:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Pigot has set a time putting him between Harvey and Herta. I don't know if Wickens is out but he's not listed in the WIR chart:



https://www.forzamotorsp.../en-us/news/wir_5_17_19

Mechberg's tip for controller users is to increase the inside Steering Axis Deadzone to make it less twitchy.


Even Startfast is not on the top in this race. At least not yet.
My friend "WowthatsGarbage"" was #1 so far.
I'll have to ask him what he uses: a controller or wheel.

I wonder if someone with a wheel would have a tip?
I switched to "manual" only to be able to take off fast at the line with my TMX Pro wheel.
I have my Wheel rotation set at 900 deg. and still can only turn very little to keep it steady.
I think my top speed is 231 or so.
I think I have a 39.508

Good luck everyone!
"Unofficial Senior Citizen" of Forza Motorsport
"Still racing at 81 years Young. Will it ever end?"
Wheel You have been a member since:
Friday, July 15, 2005 3:39:56 PM
Rank: Racing Legend
#58 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 12:21:06 PM(UTC)
James Hinchcliffe wrecked earlier today - he is okay - during the Indy 500 qualifying: https://www.indystar.com...ffe-crashes/3721397002/
Pay It Forward
This posting is provided as is; with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#59 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 4:49:29 PM(UTC)
I hope Hinch can find enough speed to stay in the field tomorrow. McLaren’s struggles didn’t surprise me but I thought they’d find enough speed to squeak into the top 30.
After last year’s heartbreak, it’s nice to see Pippa locked into the field for the race.

Post Indy qualifying I ran 40-ish laps and finally broke into the 5’s with a 39.589. There’s such a fine line between too much and too little steering input with the controller. It’s extremely difficult to find the balance.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#60 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 10:29:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hansonalanrob Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XPR Dartman Dan Go to Quoted Post
I am currently #79 in the world with a 39.451. Yesterday both Connor and Josef flew by me....LOL I am actually doubtful I can catch them but will try....


Nice run Dan, struggling to break the 40 barrier. I need to find 0.004 to record a39.999
Thanks for the shout out👍
My biggest increase was by shortening the corners as much as I can without sacrificing engine RPM's. Outside wall--inside corner--outside wall... 2 and 4 are make or break corners as they give you that long straight run.

Rank: Driver's Permit
#61 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 11:53:03 PM(UTC)
Gave it one more go with a controller, default settings (shame I didn't see Mechberg's tip earlier).
Managed to squeeze in a 39.428 and from here on, I'll quote Kimi 'The Iceman': "Give me my steering wheel!!"
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 9:51:42 AM(UTC)
I'm really struggling with this on a controller. I feel like I can't get the line I want because it's so twitchy. I have a 39.648 and carpal tunnel. Going to give Mechberg's settings a try now, but I feel like increasing the inside deadzone is going to make it even harder to find that point where the stick movement finally registers and turns the car.

This has got to be loads quicker with a wheel, right?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#63 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 11:06:15 AM(UTC)
Just ran a couple laps and nailed a 39.757. I ran a bunch more laps not even close. Well it’s good enough to put me in the top 6% world wide with 51439 players posting a time I am 3275th. Top time is 38.323 JSR
AziDhk. I have been using the top guys as my rivals.

Edited by user Sunday, May 19, 2019 11:07:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#64 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2019 4:45:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: elngadget Go to Quoted Post
I'm really struggling with this on a controller. I feel like I can't get the line I want because it's so twitchy. I have a 39.648 and carpal tunnel. Going to give Mechberg's settings a try now, but I feel like increasing the inside deadzone is going to make it even harder to find that point where the stick movement finally registers and turns the car.

This has got to be loads quicker with a wheel, right?


I just got a Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia wheel and after a couple of sessions tonight I got down to 39.443, so I guess that answers that - LOL

On the other hand, road courses are WAY more difficult with the wheel. Especially braking, since there is absolutely no feel for when lockup will occur. I miss the force feedback triggers of the XBox One controller!

I also thought simulation steering was going to be usable with a wheel, but catching any sort of oversteer is still a lost cause with me.

Edited by user Monday, May 20, 2019 4:50:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#65 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2019 11:29:01 PM(UTC)
My best with the controller was a 39.589. After watching a very entertaining Indy 500, I dusted off my old Fanatec wheel and finally hooked it up to the Xbox One through the Drivehub and ran some laps. Within 10 laps I was already in high 39.4’s.

After making some adjustments on the wheel I ran around 75 laps and lowered my time to a 39.402. I’m only .004 behind Newgarden. So close, yet so far away. I think I can get him. It’s just a question of how many laps will it take to find that .005 I need to beat him and will he try to lower his time again before June 7th?

Edit: Well, I answered my first question. It took 36 laps to go from .004 behind to .004 ahead. Sitting at a 39.394. Only Josef can answer the second question.

Since Pagenaud is now the Indy 500 champion, if we beat him in the bounty hunter event, can we get a Baby Borg Warner Trophy? :-)

Edited by user Monday, May 27, 2019 12:16:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#66 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 6:40:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post
My best with the controller was a 39.589. After watching a very entertaining Indy 500, I dusted off my old Fanatec wheel and finally hooked it up to the Xbox One through the Drivehub and ran some laps. Within 10 laps I was already in high 39.4’s.

After making some adjustments on the wheel I ran around 75 laps and lowered my time to a 39.402. I’m only .004 behind Newgarden. So close, yet so far away. I think I can get him. It’s just a question of how many laps will it take to find that .005 I need to beat him and will he try to lower his time again before June 7th?

Edit: Well, I answered my first question. It took 36 laps to go from .004 behind to .004 ahead. Sitting at a 39.394. Only Josef can answer the second question.

Since Pagenaud is now the Indy 500 champion, if we beat him in the bounty hunter event, can we get a Baby Borg Warner Trophy? :-)

Congrats Shaggy. If you stay ahead of Josef until the end, do you have another picture / poster to commemorate another Bounty Hunter win?
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#67 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 4:23:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CilettiDad Go to Quoted Post
Congrats Shaggy. If you stay ahead of Josef until the end, do you have another picture / poster to commemorate another Bounty Hunter win?


The thought crossed my mind, but I'm not sure yet. I'd probably want to try and get as many of the participating drivers to sign it as possible. We'll see. I did finally get the pic framed that Newgarden, Power and Pagenaud signed last April.

When I showed Simon the pic and explained the challenge, he looked at Josef and asked, "How come I didn't know about this?" Good to see him involved this time.



Question for anyone at T10 regarding the event. I know that the event closes on June 5th. Will the IndyCar drivers' times be finalized this weekend or will they also have until the 5th to improve?
This blurb from today's WiR article confuses me (which isn't that difficult to do). Emphasis mine.

Quote:
For those keeping score at home, three drivers (Jack Harvey, Colton Herta, and George Michael Steinbrenner IV) improved their times since we last looked in on the results. Unless things change dramatically over the weekend, Josef Newgarden will be the overall winner amongst competitors.Will Conor Daly turn in another epic session to try and take Josef down? Stay tuned


They have a double header in Detroit this weekend so I'd be surprised if they have the time and energy to log back onto Forza.





Rank: Racing Permit
#68 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 5:21:13 AM(UTC)
Can someone from Turn 10 verify the exact time GMT that this Rivals event ends? Thanks!
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 2:13:23 PM(UTC)
Last day! I don't know where I pulled a .451 out of.
Rank: Moderator
 1 user liked this post.
#70 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 8:42:46 AM(UTC)
39.323 - top global time out of ~ 57,250
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#71 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 9:20:09 AM(UTC)
Max,

For kicks and giggles I went through the LB last night around 10 pm to see where the IndyCar drivers ranked...in the world.
Any final changes to their time or position?

Pos - Driver - Time
40 - Josef Newgarden - 39.398
53 - Conor Daly - 39.407
108 - Jack Harvey - 39.433
135 - Steinbrenner IV - 39.444
334 - Matheus Leist - 39.488
344 - Simon Pagenaud - 39.491
403 - Colton Herta - 39.501
636 - James Hinchliffe - 39.537
1276 - Spencer Pigot - 39.602

Edited by user Wednesday, June 5, 2019 9:24:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Moderator
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 11:58:25 AM(UTC)
I only quickly looked at my friends list three hours ago and noticed that Daly and Hinchcliffe hadn't changed, but I didn't check the others. Not sure I'll be home before it goes offline. I would guess 5pm Pacific but don't know. And there's a tick in my brain telling me it was originally announced to end on June 7th... but the word has been June 5th since then.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#73 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:19:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shaggy SoCal Go to Quoted Post
For kicks and giggles I went through the LB last night around 10 pm to see where the IndyCar drivers ranked...in the world.
Any final changes to their time or position?

Pos - Driver - Time
40 - Josef Newgarden - 39.398
53 - Conor Daly - 39.407

I've just bumped those two down a spot :D. Was close to quitting at one point, but changing to sim steering seemed to help.

Breeminator beats Newgarden

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#74 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 1:39:27 PM(UTC)
Nice lap!
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#75 Posted : Wednesday, June 5, 2019 3:32:22 PM(UTC)
Turn Left! (How to beat an IndyCar world champion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIhqNMKysn8
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error