113 Pages<<5758596061>>PrevNext
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1451 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 11:20:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JDtheKushMan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JDtheKushMan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JDtheKushMan Go to Quoted Post
I don't understand why we are not allowed to vote on the next championship in team adventure...it could have been implemented so easily. It was already in Horizon 3. Let the players pick what they want to do next. That would keep the lobbies populated past 1 or 2 championships, where as currently it seems you get stuck in the same championship for seemingly forever (had A class racing 4 championships in a row until I quit). Is player choice not a thing anymore? This "random" championship system clearly doesn't work...and with how long the loading screens are in this game, something has to give.


Because you need 10-12 to start, and by the end of a typical adventure there are fewer than that, sometimes a lot fewer.

So here's what would usually happen if you had voting at the end. The players left all vote, then they sit there waiting....... and waiting....... and waiting. For one of the few thousand people who play these modes worldwide, to all be online at the same time and want a game of this type right now. After a few mins, one player will drop out, then another. Maybe one or two join, but you still don't have the required number. So it just won't work a lot of the time.

You can be sure they've thought of this and the reason it isn't there is a good one.


I think you're confusing team adventure with this new convoluted mess of a custom adventure in which you can only find lobbies if people are searching for exactly the same racing parameters as you. Custom adventure does not search for team adventures that fit your parameters, it searches for other people in that specific mode searching for a specific race. Almost too specific...I still haven't been able to get into a custom adventure because the parameters are too specific and the online community isn't populated enough to have such specific search terms.

What I'm talking about is traditional team adventure. The first option in the online adventure menu. And even the FFA adventure. Currently, once you finish a championship, it picks the next championship for your lobby "at random". The problem with this, is that it never seems to be random and instead the championships can stick you in A class for 4-5-6 championships in a row. If they would just add a "vote on the next championship" option, like they already had in Horizon 3, the players would be able to vote on which championship they WANT to play next instead of this currently broken "random" system that creates frustration and empty lobbies. By the third A class championship in a row, everybody wants to back out and do something else. And backing out and re-creating lobbies with your friends all the time because of a broken system gets REALLY annoying after a while, especially with the weird party UI and long loading screens that Horizon 4 has implemented.

No, I am talking about regular team or free-for-all adventure. There would be long waiting times. Just like there already are, but at least at the moment you can do something else in the game while you wait. With your method, you'd have to wait and just stare at a screen potentially for 10 mins or more. It won't work.


What you're saying doesn't even make sense...how would adding a 30 second screen with a few different racing options to vote on in between championships equate to 10 minute loading screens? Lol It was in Horizon 3 and the loading times were much less overall. Sometimes I wonder if the long load times in FH4 are actually necessary or just a way for them to justify their emotes that would otherwise be useless. Nonetheless, I don't see your point. Can you explain how a simple voting screen would extend loading times to 10 mins or more?


I did explain.

Because this game mode needs either 10 or 12 players. At the end of an adventure there are usually fewer players. Right? So after you vote, the game cannot begin until more people join. Hence the wait.


That's not a valid argument...people LEAVE because they don't want to play the same championship over and over and over again when the "random" system fails them. That's why adding voting will keep the lobbies more populated after each championship. Also, the next championship can't begin until more people join REGARDLESS of voting or not, so why not let the remaining players vote on the next championship that THEY want to play while the game populates the lobby with new players? Otherwise the old players just leave at the beginning of the next championship when they see that it is the same one that they just did 3 times in a row. I don't see the harm in adding player choice back into the game. It absolutely would not have the negative impact that you're implying.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#1452 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 11:42:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JDtheKushMan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JDtheKushMan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JDtheKushMan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JDtheKushMan Go to Quoted Post
I don't understand why we are not allowed to vote on the next championship in team adventure...it could have been implemented so easily. It was already in Horizon 3. Let the players pick what they want to do next. That would keep the lobbies populated past 1 or 2 championships, where as currently it seems you get stuck in the same championship for seemingly forever (had A class racing 4 championships in a row until I quit). Is player choice not a thing anymore? This "random" championship system clearly doesn't work...and with how long the loading screens are in this game, something has to give.


Because you need 10-12 to start, and by the end of a typical adventure there are fewer than that, sometimes a lot fewer.

So here's what would usually happen if you had voting at the end. The players left all vote, then they sit there waiting....... and waiting....... and waiting. For one of the few thousand people who play these modes worldwide, to all be online at the same time and want a game of this type right now. After a few mins, one player will drop out, then another. Maybe one or two join, but you still don't have the required number. So it just won't work a lot of the time.

You can be sure they've thought of this and the reason it isn't there is a good one.


I think you're confusing team adventure with this new convoluted mess of a custom adventure in which you can only find lobbies if people are searching for exactly the same racing parameters as you. Custom adventure does not search for team adventures that fit your parameters, it searches for other people in that specific mode searching for a specific race. Almost too specific...I still haven't been able to get into a custom adventure because the parameters are too specific and the online community isn't populated enough to have such specific search terms.

What I'm talking about is traditional team adventure. The first option in the online adventure menu. And even the FFA adventure. Currently, once you finish a championship, it picks the next championship for your lobby "at random". The problem with this, is that it never seems to be random and instead the championships can stick you in A class for 4-5-6 championships in a row. If they would just add a "vote on the next championship" option, like they already had in Horizon 3, the players would be able to vote on which championship they WANT to play next instead of this currently broken "random" system that creates frustration and empty lobbies. By the third A class championship in a row, everybody wants to back out and do something else. And backing out and re-creating lobbies with your friends all the time because of a broken system gets REALLY annoying after a while, especially with the weird party UI and long loading screens that Horizon 4 has implemented.

No, I am talking about regular team or free-for-all adventure. There would be long waiting times. Just like there already are, but at least at the moment you can do something else in the game while you wait. With your method, you'd have to wait and just stare at a screen potentially for 10 mins or more. It won't work.


What you're saying doesn't even make sense...how would adding a 30 second screen with a few different racing options to vote on in between championships equate to 10 minute loading screens? Lol It was in Horizon 3 and the loading times were much less overall. Sometimes I wonder if the long load times in FH4 are actually necessary or just a way for them to justify their emotes that would otherwise be useless. Nonetheless, I don't see your point. Can you explain how a simple voting screen would extend loading times to 10 mins or more?


I did explain.

Because this game mode needs either 10 or 12 players. At the end of an adventure there are usually fewer players. Right? So after you vote, the game cannot begin until more people join. Hence the wait.


That's not a valid argument...people LEAVE because they don't want to play the same championship over and over and over again when the "random" system fails them. That's why adding voting will keep the lobbies more populated after each championship. Also, the next championship can't begin until more people join REGARDLESS of voting or not, so why not let the remaining players vote on the next championship that THEY want to play while the game populates the lobby with new players? Otherwise the old players just leave at the beginning of the next championship when they see that it is the same one that they just did 3 times in a row. I don't see the harm in adding player choice back into the game. It absolutely would not have the negative impact that you're implying.


It is self-evident that it would. Strange that you can't see it even when it's been spelled out to you. Never mind.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1453 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 2:58:10 AM(UTC)
Ramming hasn't changed.
You still can be knocked out by deliberate push.
It's world of game theory that one betrays trust at critical point wins.
That really s*cks.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1454 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 4:32:02 AM(UTC)
Has anyone managed to get more than three players into a custom adventure? My PB is three players for two and half races. They implemented too much choise into it. As I predicted, it's exactly the same as it was in FH3, the player base isn't large enough. Not gonna touch this again until they fix it.
Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#1455 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 5:31:10 AM(UTC)
Now we know it's possible to have 4 game modes on the selection screen... I find it tremendously hard to believe more people play ranked games than played anything goes.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1456 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 5:51:24 AM(UTC)
How about actually making use of X class cars and having events for them? Apart from using them for seasonal objectives, there render themselves almost unusable. Why let a car upgrade to a point where it has no use!?!
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#1457 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 6:48:22 AM(UTC)
I've not had any issue with getting a lobby of 8 or more people but then I'm mostly running S1 Road Racing which I think is going to be the most populated lobbies in Custom. I did notice last night in FH3 after running some FH4 that the ramming got worse in FH3...Think people are cross migrating back to each game after the change lol....
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1458 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 7:12:34 AM(UTC)
What is missing to custom adventure and I encourage anyone who agree to log a feedback ticket is the 'ANY' or multiple choice

ANY
I want to race road, any class, any collision mode, freeroam or not
I want to race any type of race, any class, any collision mode but without freeroam

Multiple choices
I want to race road, class A or S1, collision on, freeroam off.


Having any of these 2 would definitively raise by much the chances to get in a championship and get more people.

Speaking about what would be next championship then, would depend on what you join, if you join Road , A , Collision On, Freeroam off then, for sure, you won't have S1 but you ask for A or S1, you got what you asked for.

In the end, unlike its conceptor said, adding choices not always lower you chance to find people to play with.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1459 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 7:50:52 AM(UTC)
Now in online adventure, in addition to ramming you out of a checkpoint, opponents have the option of ramming you into a wall. They grief, and you get the slowdown penalty. Not a fan.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1460 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 7:58:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grim Kidaver Go to Quoted Post
After several months of not playing Online I loaded up FH4 last night to try the new Custom Adventure and Rammer/Wallride system. I will say even coming in mid to back of the pack due to me just not playing this game to get a feel for my cars and tracks again, I can honestly say out of the 12 or so races I did I enjoyed every moment of it. No one pushing me out of checkpoints or ramming me, no free roam rush, I placed where I placed due to my own mistakes which I can improve on. I felt no frustration and was elated to enjoy a nice clean race. I didn't care what place I was coming in I just cared I could race with no grief and now I can work on improving my racecraft in FH4 finally. I will have to give kudos to PG for this one. Bravo!


Its an improvement no doubt but ramming still happens and it tends to be side by side chaos. I've been ran into wall or buildings numerous times and I get the slowdown penalty. Either ghost the entire room as i've been saying since day one or i'll end up leaving the game again. Its not a major issue at the moment but once people begin to figure out it can be used to an advantage, it wont be enjoyable to play
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#1461 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 9:58:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Grim Kidaver Go to Quoted Post
After several months of not playing Online I loaded up FH4 last night to try the new Custom Adventure and Rammer/Wallride system. I will say even coming in mid to back of the pack due to me just not playing this game to get a feel for my cars and tracks again, I can honestly say out of the 12 or so races I did I enjoyed every moment of it. No one pushing me out of checkpoints or ramming me, no free roam rush, I placed where I placed due to my own mistakes which I can improve on. I felt no frustration and was elated to enjoy a nice clean race. I didn't care what place I was coming in I just cared I could race with no grief and now I can work on improving my racecraft in FH4 finally. I will have to give kudos to PG for this one. Bravo!


Its an improvement no doubt but ramming still happens and it tends to be side by side chaos. I've been ran into wall or buildings numerous times and I get the slowdown penalty. Either ghost the entire room as i've been saying since day one or i'll end up leaving the game again. Its not a major issue at the moment but once people begin to figure out it can be used to an advantage, it wont be enjoyable to play


Oh I agree it isn't perfect but it's playable now. But yeah that type is always gonna find a way to play dirty. But as I said I think it did affect a lot because last night I don't know if it was just bad luck or not but in FH3 lobby I was getting smashed and hit more than ever in the last few months.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1462 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 9:00:30 PM(UTC)
So I placed 1st, 2nd, and 1st in my last team adventure. We lost 3 straight due to lousy teammates, that either quit or kept racing with the wrong car for the event. Yet I lose points, and I'm basically penalized for this. This needs to be addressed.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1463 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 12:42:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XXX 2zigenTuner Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone managed to get more than three players into a custom adventure? My PB is three players for two and half races. They implemented too much choise into it. As I predicted, it's exactly the same as it was in FH3, the player base isn't large enough. Not gonna touch this again until they fix it.


My first custom adventure there was 11 players (S1 road racing, no freeroam rush, collission on)
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#1464 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 3:15:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grim Kidaver Go to Quoted Post
I've not had any issue with getting a lobby of 8 or more people but then I'm mostly running S1 Road Racing which I think is going to be the most populated lobbies in Custom. I did notice last night in FH3 after running some FH4 that the ramming got worse in FH3...Think people are cross migrating back to each game after the change lol....

I tried picking a tarmac a class lobby and there was a lot of people there. This is exactly like in FH3, only the A, S1 and S2 tarmac lobbys are populated. Only difference is that here you have to pick tarmac only, in FH3 the mob voted for tarmac 99% of the time.

Custom adventures need to be changed. Remove freeroam rush alltogheter. Give us only two class choises, A+B and S1+S2, and only two race type choises, road+street and dirt+cross.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1465 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 4:19:40 AM(UTC)
Custom Adventure S1 road, no collision, no Freeroam Rush is awesome. I've done 4 lobbies so far and it was the best online racing I had in Horizon 4 yet. S1 is not plagued by 1 or 2 overpowered cars like A-class and provides better racing than S2 due to the slower speeds.
I've also not experienced serious problems with wallriding detection. When I accidently bumped a wall I only got small penalties that were like ~0.3 seconds.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1466 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:41:05 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Online adventure sucks even more now since the update. I only play it to get the hats its Impossible to go without a race when some other player rams you into the wall on purpose to slow you down or they grieve you out past the checkpoints its bloddy ridiculous

Edited by user Saturday, May 11, 2019 7:03:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1467 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 11:56:09 AM(UTC)
Since months you fix stuff you messed on release.
Slow but sure online races become acceptable to race.
All that is fine by me.
But ranked adventures still are a pain.
No matter that ppl still ram the **** out of you even with all the patches, but one thing you really need to rework,

Even if you finish 2nd or 3rd you get only 10 or 11 points towards your rank if you are lucky.
thats a joke!
you will need 10 to 15 races if youre lucky to gain a rank up.
and that´s only if you´re REALLY lucky to avoid rammers and win a freeroam rush (since most time you get offroad races in ranked).

no need to play ranked since it also takes around 10-15 minutes all the time to match ppl.

just my 2 cents. change it pls. it is really not worth the time atm.
Rank: Racing Permit
#1468 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 6:29:40 PM(UTC)
Online racing is now frustrating, no fun at all. Now you don't only need to watch out for rammers but also you have to be constantly aware of not touching the walls! So now you don't only need the fastest car to be first but also the one with best handling and breaking reducing drastically the car roaster, this last one I'm not a fan since I like to use every car that the game offers and I don't have the time (and is boring) to master one car for every category.
A request would be to have these penalties only applied in ranked mode, let the people who wants a clean race to play ranked and the ones who are just to have some fun to play unranked adventure
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#1469 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 10:55:04 PM(UTC)
Can someone explain the logic in points beeing deducted it can be hard enough to try and get to level 14 with so many others still ramming so much for the grefing update
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1470 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 11:27:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wasssaaaa Go to Quoted Post
Online racing is now frustrating, no fun at all. Now you don't only need to watch out for rammers but also you have to be constantly aware of not touching the walls! So now you don't only need the fastest car to be first but also the one with best handling and breaking reducing drastically the car roaster, this last one I'm not a fan since I like to use every car that the game offers and I don't have the time (and is boring) to master one car for every category.
Isn't that how racing works? and mastering one car for each category isn't a valid reason why your car roaster reduces. It's just you think you are not skilled enough to be competitive with the car you drive and it shouldn't be a problem if you just want to test every car the game have.

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1471 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 12:43:47 AM(UTC)
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#1472 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 2:04:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wasssaaaa Go to Quoted Post
Online racing is now frustrating, no fun at all. Now you don't only need to watch out for rammers but also you have to be constantly aware of not touching the walls! So now you don't only need the fastest car to be first but also the one with best handling and breaking reducing drastically the car roaster, this last one I'm not a fan since I like to use every car that the game offers and I don't have the time (and is boring) to master one car for every category.
A request would be to have these penalties only applied in ranked mode, let the people who wants a clean race to play ranked and the ones who are just to have some fun to play unranked adventure

Actually no, you don't need a good handling car to win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Txk06l1-Po

But you do have to know how to drive, and being that this is a driving game, that's a good thing.
Rank: Racing Permit
User is suspended until 2/17/2047 3:19:07 AM(UTC)
#1473 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 4:56:47 AM(UTC)
...is it just me, or does it seem like this True Skill nonsense rewards far LESS points for winning now? 🤔
My Forza Timeline:
•FH3-Start my Forza Career
•FH2-My hunger for more Horizon
•FM5-Free with XB Live Gold
•FH4-End my Forza Career
•FM6-Free with XB Live Gold
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1474 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 6:15:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Wasssaaaa Go to Quoted Post
Online racing is now frustrating, no fun at all. Now you don't only need to watch out for rammers but also you have to be constantly aware of not touching the walls! So now you don't only need the fastest car to be first but also the one with best handling and breaking reducing drastically the car roaster, this last one I'm not a fan since I like to use every car that the game offers and I don't have the time (and is boring) to master one car for every category.
A request would be to have these penalties only applied in ranked mode, let the people who wants a clean race to play ranked and the ones who are just to have some fun to play unranked adventure


It's funny to watch the rammers come out of the shadows after this update to complain.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#1475 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 6:19:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XXX 2zigenTuner Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Wasssaaaa Go to Quoted Post
Online racing is now frustrating, no fun at all. Now you don't only need to watch out for rammers but also you have to be constantly aware of not touching the walls! So now you don't only need the fastest car to be first but also the one with best handling and breaking reducing drastically the car roaster, this last one I'm not a fan since I like to use every car that the game offers and I don't have the time (and is boring) to master one car for every category.
A request would be to have these penalties only applied in ranked mode, let the people who wants a clean race to play ranked and the ones who are just to have some fun to play unranked adventure

Actually no, you don't need a good handling car to win.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Txk06l1-Po

But you do have to know how to drive, and being that this is a driving game, that's a good thing.


In FH3 all out power tunes was mutch better than they are in FH4. And now when there is not freeroam rush anymore and gets penalty by hitting walls handling is more important than it's been previously in horizon games (in FH3 i use lot in a-class some australian car that have max out lambo V12 that reach 450km/h in FH4 same kinda tune is terrible to drive)
113 Pages<<5758596061>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error