20 Pages<<1213141516>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#326 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 11:42:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CrazyDaveyBoy Go to Quoted Post
I'm going to risk it, and then get *really* salty about it if I don't get my masteries back.

I'll be crying all over the many Regalia D's, MC12 FE's and Nismo LM's I'll be farming over the weekend, and wiping the tears away with all of the 300k credit bonuses I'll get from repeatedly putting skill points into a single 911 before restarting the game and doing it all over again, lol.

I don't cheat with games, and they cost money so you spend money to cheat on a game, that's not playing the game. Plus the selling price of all those cars will be worthless in the end, so the game gets ruined.
WOW! Someone else who actually get's it. I'm guessing you don't look at the map first thing to find all the bonus boards, either.

#327 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 11:59:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CrazyDaveyBoy Go to Quoted Post
I'm going to risk it, and then get *really* salty about it if I don't get my masteries back.

I'll be crying all over the many Regalia D's, MC12 FE's and Nismo LM's I'll be farming over the weekend, and wiping the tears away with all of the 300k credit bonuses I'll get from repeatedly putting skill points into a single 911 before restarting the game and doing it all over again, lol.

I don't cheat with games, and they cost money so you spend money to cheat on a game, that's not playing the game. Plus the selling price of all those cars will be worthless in the end, so the game gets ruined.
WOW! Someone else who actually get's it. I'm guessing you don't look at the map first thing to find all the bonus boards, either.

I just got a bonus board 2 weeks ago, the bonus boards aren't cheating though.
#328 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 12:09:25 PM(UTC)
Not cheating the game, but I feel I'm not getting my money's worth if I use the map to find the boards (in the first 6 - 8 months of the game anyway). I was down to the final 2 and no way was I going to accidentally find those final two, which were very close together as it turns out).
#329 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 12:27:42 PM(UTC)

to stay on topic, global messaging needs to be improved.

messages should be:

timely in regards to urgency
detailed
actions need, if any, from users
anticipated resolution date

global messages also need to be the same no matter where the info is distributed to avoid mixed messages and confusion. also, an identification from an authorized source (ie. PG Support...)

#330 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:15:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Following some of the above posts (and the questions about "I should have lists") hope this helps:

For live discussion - Join the Discord
For bug reports - As well as the discord (as it's live) the @Forza_Support twitter is useful. This is run by Turn10 NOT myself. (Clarifying as a few of you above think I cover that account). This account is where the "official statement/message" should come first and then is usually RT'ed by the other accounts (@forzamotorsport & @weareplayground)
For standard reports or information regarding Forza Horizon 4 - @weareplayground twitter. This IS run by myself over the approval of other PG members.
For any bugs/issues/crashes you have - Submit a ticket. This is run by the support team at Turn10
For any suggestions & feedback - Submit a ticket under the "Suggestions & Feedback" dropdown option. These tickets are personally answer by myself and I take note of every ticket & discuss them with the relevant teams.

Thanks for the posts, I'll try and get any further bugs/issues that happen across all forms of media quicker. I don't cover all forms so I appreciate your patience.

I don't see Discord or Twitter useful for my purposes and but I hope my thoughts written here will reach developers or Microsoft games / X-box games.

While immediate issue is to roll out fix for bug causing car perks getting reset, there's question why this needed to happen to begin with.

Forza Horizon 2 had once unlocked, permanent perks. In Forza Horizon 3 most perks were permanent with few had limited use new skill points needed to be invested to use perk feature again. Moving perks to cars created sort of new economy but also added more complexity. Complexity in turn tends to increase risks. Changing something or adding complexity doesn't have value per se, they don't automatically equal improvement.

Forza Horizon has been very fast growing product line. It has continued to reach more and more players with every sequel. It's very strong product line that sells X-box and Microsoft brand in gaming market. It's main appeal has been built on giving semi-realistic fantasy scenario where players can drive various cars from old Hot Rods to new supercars and perform task including racing, doing car stunts, etc. Players has been motivated and immersed to this under umbrella of fantasy Horizon Festival setting. So far this concept has been overwhelming success.

Games need to innovate but I do hope internal debate within Playground Games and relevant departments in parent company if certain trends popular in so called sandbox games really work for Forza series. Is current direction really worth the risks and does this add to customer satisfaction which sells not only future Horizon series games but also future X-box.
 1 user liked this post.
#331 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:23:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Following some of the above posts (and the questions about "I should have lists") hope this helps:

For bug reports - As well as the discord (as it's live) the @Forza_Support twitter is useful. This is run by Turn10 NOT myself. (Clarifying as a few of you above think I cover that account). This account is where the "official statement/message" should come first and then is usually RT'ed by the other accounts (@forzamotorsport & @weareplayground)
For standard reports or information regarding Forza Horizon 4 - @weareplayground twitter. This IS run by myself over the approval of other PG members.
For any bugs/issues/crashes you have - Submit a ticket. This is run by the support team at Turn10
For any suggestions & feedback - Submit a ticket under the "Suggestions & Feedback" dropdown option. These tickets are personally answer by myself and I take note of every ticket & discuss them with the relevant teams.

Thanks for the posts, I'll try and get any further bugs/issues that happen across all forms of media quicker. I don't cover all forms so I appreciate your patience.

I don't see Discord or Twitter useful for my purposes and but I hope my thoughts written here will reach developers or Microsoft games / X-box games.

While immediate issue is to roll out fix for bug causing car perks getting reset, there's question why this needed to happen to begin with.

Forza Horizon 2 had once unlocked, permanent perks. In Forza Horizon 3 most perks were permanent with few had limited use new skill points needed to be invested to use perk feature again. Moving perks to cars created sort of new economy but also added more complexity. Complexity in turn tends to increase risks. Changing something or adding complexity doesn't have value per se, they don't automatically equal improvement.

Forza Horizon has been very fast growing product line. It has continued to reach more and more players with every sequel. It's very strong product line that sells X-box and Microsoft brand in gaming market. It's main appeal has been built on giving semi-realistic fantasy scenario where players can drive various cars from old Hot Rods to new supercars and perform task including racing, doing car stunts, etc. Players has been motivated and immersed to this under umbrella of fantasy Horizon Festival setting. So far this concept has been overwhelming success.

Games need to innovate but I do hope internal debate within Playground Games and relevant departments in parent company if certain trends popular in so called sandbox games really work for Forza series. Is current direction really worth the risks and does this add to customer satisfaction which sells not only future Horizon series games but also future X-box.

It's not that complex, Pokemon Cards would have an almost identical feature, and a beginner programmer could make a Pokemon game.
#332 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 4:09:02 PM(UTC)

It's not that complex, Pokemon Cards would have an almost identical feature, and a beginner programmer could make a Pokemon game.

There is management complex, there future proof complex, there is user experience complex.

And I wrote for 'internal debate'. Was that part a bit complex perhaps? I'm not going to debate this any further.
#333 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 4:47:12 PM(UTC)

There is management complex, there future proof complex, there is user experience complex.

And I wrote for 'internal debate'. Was that part a bit complex perhaps? I'm not going to debate this any further.

I was referring to the highlighted text that Pokemon is basically the same code. I don't know what your reply was about, some sort of translation problem.
 2 users liked this post.
#334 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 5:24:37 PM(UTC)
Although it deviates from the car mastery problem that is the current topic, I will post what I thought about communication with T10/PG.

They are now actively using discord to get the player's opinion on future Forza, and post support information.
However, communication with Discord is very difficult and inconvenient for users who are non-English-speaking people like me and who are not good at English.

For example, in the case of a forum, logs of all posts are displayed on the page in this way, so it is easy to trace back to past topics, and you can read them using the browser's translation function.
However, discord is a chat-style app. It is difficult to trace back because the log is updated in real time.
And this app has no official translation function.
It is possible to do translation with an unofficial extension, but it is a violation of discord's terms and there is a risk that my discord account will be ban.

If PG and T10 want to get feedback from many players against future Forza, I need to have a place where they can talk and discuss it in ways other than discords and support tickets.
For example, adding a page like "Future Forza Discussion" to this forum is a good example.
And for this kind of serious bug support, you should be notified by all means, such as official twitter, official forum, and facebook and in-game messages.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#335 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 12:35:06 AM(UTC)
Just a reminder that this thread isn't about issues within the game.

@nb3254 - Thats a good point regarding a "feedback place." I may try and look into that, potentially a kind of FAQ regarding feedback and suggestions or information asked and given.

Also as I promised - There is now more information regarding the perks/mastery issue here

For any further chat regarding perks/mastery, please use the appropriate thread.
 3 users liked this post.
#336 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 12:52:48 AM(UTC)
Regarding communication, I'd like to discuss the differences between LOSE and LOOSE and how we should use them to communicate effectively.
#337 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 2:11:57 AM(UTC)
So umm....I don't see where I can talk about suggestions in the discord. I assume it's the #FH4general but it's just a chat room version of the forum.
#338 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 2:35:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SoloTwo42 Go to Quoted Post
Regarding communication, I'd like to discuss the differences between LOSE and LOOSE and how we should use them to communicate effectively.

It really grinds my gears when i see stuff like this. There is a difference, one means to not win and one is not tight. How do people keep getting basic english wrong? I mean it's a very basic thing and it suggests their education may be lacking elsewhere too! SMH
#339 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 2:49:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FM sheep Go to Quoted Post
So umm....I don't see where I can talk about suggestions in the discord. I assume it's the #FH4general but it's just a chat room version of the forum.

If you check #discord-faq you will see where to submit suggestions & feedback. It also give you the link & information regarding it too.

Hope this helps
#340 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 3:22:54 AM(UTC)

If you check #discord-faq you will see where to submit suggestions & feedback. It also give you the link & information regarding it too.

Hope this helps

That's a complete mess as well.

Edited by user Friday, May 10, 2019 3:30:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#341 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 4:38:40 AM(UTC)

Hope this helps

Do you have some constructive answer which you could advise so I could improve it?

Being a first draft, I'm always open to adding or improving the #discord-faq. (Might be best discussed via #fh4-general rather than this thread)
#342 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 6:05:47 AM(UTC)

Hope this helps

Do you have some constructive answer which you could advise so I could improve it?

Being a first draft, I'm always open to adding or improving the #discord-faq. (Might be best discussed via #fh4-general rather than this thread)

I'm sorry but I don't know what that means either... what's this # mean. I don't use this leet speak terminology. Do you mean go to Forza Horizon 4, and in there there is a forum called General?

EDIT: I looked there wasn't a forum called General.

So do you mean start a new thread? Why not just post it would be better to start a new thread?

Edited by user Friday, May 10, 2019 6:22:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#343 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 6:23:35 AM(UTC)

Hope this helps

I'm sorry but I don't know what that means either... what's this # mean. I don't use this leet speak terminology. Do you mean go to Forza Horizon 4, and in there there is a forum called General?

Apologies, I thought you understood looking at your earlier reply that you had read the Discord-FAQ channel in the discord.
# is what goes before a channel name when referencing to Discord. It's not leet speak, I don't actually understand leet speak too much either.

For example:

If you want to understand it a little more, it is best to join the discord than me to explain every little bit.
If there's anything else you're unsure about regarding discord, feel free to DM me and I can help you through the channels & forward where to find more information on Discord.

Hope this makes more sense.
 1 user liked this post.
#344 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 6:26:12 AM(UTC)

Hope this helps

Apologies, I thought you understood looking at your earlier reply that you had read the Discord-FAQ channel in the discord.
# is what goes before a channel name when referencing to Discord. It's not leet speak, I don't actually understand leet speak too much either.

For example:

If you want to understand it a little more, it is best to join the discord than me to explain every little bit.
If there's anything else you're unsure about regarding discord, feel free to DM me and I can help you through the channels & forward where to find more information on Discord.

Hope this makes more sense.

No I replied earlier, and said that Discord was a mess, and I can't read what it means. So sending me there is a waste of time. fh4-general.... that's not English, and I'm not here to learn a new language.

OK lol.. I went in there and it was like 4 year olds chatting, and the text was like baby language, this is a clip...

LucToday at 15:21
what
HNSY0WrathToday at 15:21
The TDF version
the hell
bmw507Today at 15:22
It’s a little tiny bit different

So you want me to read that baby chat?

Edited by user Friday, May 10, 2019 6:35:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#345 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 6:31:03 AM(UTC)
Please attempt to trim extraneous material from your posts where possible and please do not engage in quote trains.

Thank you.

✔ Verified Moderator

#346 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 6:48:05 AM(UTC)

No I replied earlier, and said that Discord was a mess, and I can't read what it means. So sending me there is a waste of time. fh4-general.... that's not English, and I'm not here to learn a new language.

OK lol.. I went in there and it was like 4 year olds chatting, and the text was like baby language, this is a clip...

what
The TDF version
the hell

I am just suggesting it as another social, especially as it is more of a 'live chat.' If you don't want to join then that it totally fine.

#347 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 6:52:31 AM(UTC)

what
The TDF version
the hell

I am just suggesting it as another social, especially as it is more of a 'live chat.' If you don't want to join then that it totally fine.

Another social?

OK whatever that means. I give up. I don't like live chats, I don't play XBox Gold because it's live. I don't even use mobile phones at all, or text at all. Anything chatty I don't like. All I do is try to solve problems, sometime with games, sometimes with science, sometimes with people, sometimes with police cases. This thread is about communication, and transparency which has problems, so I'm in here, and you are sending me to Discord which is a problem in itself with communication, because Discord doesn't have the right sort of communication.

Edited by user Friday, May 10, 2019 7:00:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#348 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:15:32 AM(UTC)

can we please have the support page release notes on updates be more timely? thinking they should be posted when a new update goes live.

reason being is that since the May 7th update there have been two updates (perk bug fix and today's 196mb update) and no notes. thx
#349 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:34:40 AM(UTC)
FH4 Release Notes: May 15th, 2019

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 4. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this content update.
Version Number

PC: 1.300.860.0
Xbox: 1.300.860.2

Cross-Platform Fixes

This update provides a refund for Car Mastery points lost due to a previous issue. On accessing the Pause Menu for the first time, Players will see a message indicating how many points have been refunded. Refunded Car Mastery points are available when accessing the Car Mastery screen for a car. Please be aware that players with more than 999 Car Mastery points on hand will not earn more until they have spent enough points to go below 999.
#350 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:38:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SpikoMCO Go to Quoted Post
FH4 Release Notes: May 15th, 2019

We're constantly working to improve the experience in Forza Horizon 4. Below you will find a summary of items fixed or improved upon in this content update.
Version Number

PC: 1.300.860.0
Xbox: 1.300.860.2

Cross-Platform Fixes

This update provides a refund for Car Mastery points lost due to a previous issue. On accessing the Pause Menu for the first time, Players will see a message indicating how many points have been refunded. Refunded Car Mastery points are available when accessing the Car Mastery screen for a car. Please be aware that players with more than 999 Car Mastery points on hand will not earn more until they have spent enough points to go below 999.

Lol.. you need to click them all away in one go. Take your time guys.
20 Pages<<1213141516>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error