28 Pages123>>Next
 13 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 4:33:56 PM(UTC)
Has anyone else lost skill perks under Car Mastery? Since February, I've been grinding to earn skill points so i could max out every car. (Taking the whole completionist thing to a whole other level). I got done with my cars and was going back thru in case I'd gotten new cars, and weeding out dupes. After todays update, I've lost almost all progress. It's like I'd done nothing. Any light anyone can shed on this would be appreciated. I'm sick to my stomach right now.....

Edited by user Friday, May 10, 2019 7:42:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 4:35:02 PM(UTC)
Every single car I've spent skill points on had their perks reset, probably wasted at least 2000 points.

Good job playground games!

Other players with the same experience: https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/blx45h/all_skill_perks_reset_after_the_update/

Edited by user Tuesday, May 7, 2019 4:36:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

10 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 4:42:21 PM(UTC)
PSA part 2....... DO NOT repurchase the perks until they have the issue solved. I repurchased the perks on one of my cars that I knew was previously maxed out. The points were deducted from my total, and the boxes were turned white again, BUT when I restarted the game the car was reset to no perks again. Tbh, at this point I really don't cafe about most of the perks with the exception of the angel perks, but I did have between 60 and 70 cars maxed out so that was quite a few points spent over the past 7 or so months (and a lot of skill grinding to reach that point).

So again, do not purchase any perks until they get this sorted.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 7, 2019 4:44:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 4:52:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: greentractorz55 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone else lost skill perks under Car Mastery? Since February, I've been grinding to earn skill points so i could max out every car. (Taking the whole completionist thing to a whole other level). I got done with my cars and was going back thru in case I'd gotten new cars, and weeding out dupes. After todays update, I've lost almost all progress. It's like I'd done nothing. Any light anyone can shed on this would be appreciated. I'm sick to my stomach right now.....

Lots of posts everywhere about it.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 4:53:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
PSA part 2....... DO NOT repurchase the perks until they have the issue solved. I repurchased the perks on one of my cars that I knew was previously maxed out. The points were deducted from my total, and the boxes were turned white again, BUT when I restarted the game the car was reset to no perks again. Tbh, at this point I really don't cafe about most of the perks with the exception of the angel perks, but I did have between 60 and 70 cars maxed out so that was quite a few points spent over the past 7 or so months (and a lot of skill grinding to reach that point).

Handy if you want to unlock rare perk cars or cash though. Reboot and repeat.

2 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 4:53:41 PM(UTC)

Thanks for that heads up, I didn't bother rebuying any perks so I wasn't aware that they get reset during every game launch.

I don't see how PG can restore previously purchased perks without rolling back all saves after fixing the bug. It'll probably require another client update as well. I have a feeling that we're all SOL.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 4:55:59 PM(UTC)
Wonder if a console restart fixes the issue
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:00:16 PM(UTC)
The game warns us about updates, can we still play without updating?
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:02:58 PM(UTC)
I just checked about 6 cars that I remember having full car masteries on, out of those 2 still had their perks.

So according to my math I’ve lost 66% of that progress which equals roughly 17.333 billion zillion hours of gameplay.

They really need to have an easy, quick fix for this SOON.
 4 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:06:05 PM(UTC)
This is a great bug, free Quartz Regalia Type D’s For everyone!!! Well, the people with regalias anyway. 😂 Perfect problem for people capped at 999 skill points

Edited by user Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:11:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:06:20 PM(UTC)
Hmmm. I always completely exit the game by using the quit option and shut down my console when I am finished for the day. My game will not restart until a pending update is installed so there is/was no way to avoid an update for me.

I do this complete shut down to help avoid correct game saves due to improper shut down of the game (ie, in case of a power outage, etc....)
 1 user liked this post.
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:08:51 PM(UTC)
Hmmm. I always completely exit the game by using the quit option and shut down my console when I am finished for the day. My game will not restart until a pending update is installed so there is/was no way to avoid an update for me.

I do this complete shut down to help avoid correct game saves due to improper shut down of the game (ie, in case of a power outage, etc....)

Just to be clear, when you shut your console down, you aren't using instant in are you?

Edited by user Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:12:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:11:30 PM(UTC)
I wonder if T10/PG will consider this to be a misuse of the game by exploiting a known glitch..... with all the bans that accompany such actions.........
 3 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:16:06 PM(UTC)
I wonder if T10/PG will consider this to be a misuse of the game by exploiting a known glitch..... with all the bans that accompany such actions.........

Good observation. Surely no one would exploit such an issue🤔
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:17:32 PM(UTC)
{Edit: In regards to the question about whether or not I am using instant on}

I don't think so, but I can't check now (My wife is currently watching our new most favorite ever TV show "Corner Gas" on Amazon Prime. OK, I'll fess up, we both are enjoying Corner Gas at the moment. lol)

Edited by user Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:24:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:17:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

Sounds like fair compensation to me for PGG's massive blunder.
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:18:03 PM(UTC)
i lost all my perks, too.
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:19:50 PM(UTC)
Are they asleep? Have they pulled the update yet? I don't want to even start the game now.
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:26:28 PM(UTC)
Doesn't the update come out tomorrow? I just played the game and there's no sign of an update. Forza 7 updated but not Horizon.
 4 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:27:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post

I'll bet that's what the Goliath glitchers thought too.
 1 user liked this post.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:28:58 PM(UTC)
Both Horizon 4 and Forza 7 updated for me when I started up my console about 4 hours ago.
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:30:22 PM(UTC)
Wonder if a console restart fixes the issue

It doesn't. Nor does closing and opening the game back up. My vehicle resetted back to 0 right after I had already maxed it out again. And it looks like my Forza Editon cars are the only ones that aren't messed up from this. A little weird if you ask me.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:33:46 PM(UTC)
Hmm too bad, I had my console set to auto update so first thing I checked in the morning it's already latest version. And I'm having the same issue.... It's strange few cars like Renault Turbo FE I had full perks which still remain. But during the quick check lot of cars missing perks such as TVR Sagaris (Had perks only enough to unlock FE Edition), Ford Hoonigan Mustang (Had full perks) etc... So there is not even a pattern. I don't know maybe only Renault survived since I haven't checked all the other cars...

I don't know how they are going to fix this issue...
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:34:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post

I'll bet that's what the Goliath glitchers thought too.

Yes we should immolate them for getting one of over 600 cars that requires over a 100 skill points which is also available as an easy 50% reward starting Thursday even though they might not be aware of the "glitch"/error by the devs. Behead them all; how absolutely dare they!11!!!
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:37:08 PM(UTC)
Happned to me too just great job wonderful.
28 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error