5 Pages12345PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 11:12:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SoloTwo42 Go to Quoted Post
I don't know what the hell power they have but they will literally just disappear from me on the straights.

Unbeatable Drivatars infamously cheat on the straights with additional horsepower. But they remain timid around corners and traffic so you can capitalize on those.

You gotta love how making us race on unbeatable really shows how badly the AI is coded in this game. All the reckless swerving and crashing into players as if we aren't even there is hilarious, it's honestly worse then ramming in ranked.

They're meant to be like car movie villains that drive both fast and aggressively, the kind that would attack without provocation, and become even more aggressive if you touch their car.

Originally Posted by: The Last Flight Go to Quoted Post
I used the CC8S for the Trial though I can't really say if I recommend it because I got lucky with teams and had teammates who took the top 3 spots every time

My CC8S was outrun by a fellow human player's Agera the first time, so I used my own and secured two wins for myself and a 3-0 for the team.

Originally Posted by: HixBot Go to Quoted Post
Yea. I'm not sure why people complain about people quitting the trials. It's easier with less players. Less players means less points for the AI.

My problem was never that people quit, as I'd rather do something myself, but more that people don't know when to quit. Because of enough usual suspects - who shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a Koenigsegg - giving 100 points to all the Drivatars, our team lost the first time around, but what made it particularly frustrating is that we were so, so close to taking our well-deserved crown of bunny ears, all they had to do is take the hint after the 1-1 and leave as they usually do... In my second attempt we went a perfect, safe, easy 3-0 but people found reasons to ragequit anyway.

Yet another example with the Playground Games: our first game went 6-5. But by the time it was finished, half of the opponents had already left well before, and then by the time the second game started, all but one were gone. Yes, I have reason to believe our team did start well, and play better, but I contend that their situation wasn't as hopeless or warranting such a rapid retreat, we may have grown complacent after scoring 6 points early on. In hindsight it was a open series, it could even have been (gasp!) fun. Then again an early win is far more attractive...

Edited by user Friday, May 3, 2019 3:17:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 12:09:31 AM(UTC)
You gotta love how making us race on unbeatable really shows how badly the AI is coded in this game. All the reckless swerving and crashing into players as if we aren't even there is hilarious, it's honestly worse then ramming in ranked.

Aren't they still drivatars? When you force most people to enter the trial with rentals you end up with this meta where the only fully upgraded player need to chase down his AI, block it until a few teammates has passed and try to recover and win... Then one should expect the drivatars to do the same maneuvers.

Edited by user Friday, May 3, 2019 12:10:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 1:57:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VisceralGnat84 Go to Quoted Post
When you force most people to enter the trial with rentals

Who exactly forces anyone to participate, again?
#54 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 2:03:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Beermachine66 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Okay now I have a complaint! I don't mind the community races, I actually like them but this week we get an extra long 2 lapped race in a B class car. Wow man, if it's gonna be a long race at least make it S1 or ONE lap. It took 4 and half minutes to finish the 1st lap, not cool

Not to mention that ai sucks, only after few corners i was in front and after that it was just me driving by myself so it was just pointless to have so long race. Won that race on uneatable more than half a minute.

It's the first time I ever lapped someone.
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 4:15:37 AM(UTC)
I actually liked the community events this week. The first race, the checkpoints were placed in a way that allowed for a lot of corner cutting. Not that it would do you any good, because the AI rubber banded so hard I'm pretty sure they discovered time travel. But at least I could see the next checkpoint.

The circuit race was pretty good. No unnecessarily narrow checkpoints, or unfair corners. I could always see the next one. Mistakes were on me, and not the fault of the course. I still got quite a bit ahead of the AI, and they rubber banded pretty hard a couple times.

I will say this, though; it's a pretty long course, and there's nothing wrong with that, but I really should have done it at a time when I had more time for it, instead of 11:30 at night when I have to work the next day.
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 9:27:50 AM(UTC)
The playground games with vans in the quarry is a very poor selection imo. Two of my vans are tuned to B700 for previous events, and i didnt notice this was A class, so i went for the stock maloo, which was my highest A class PI stock van. In the quarry that this struggles big time. It doesnt have enough power to climb the medium gradients in the quarry, and the water stops it dead. The longer wheel base meant that a few times it was grounded and stuck in the quarry rocks/ ridges. The team i was playing against all got stuck in the cliff edges in the penultimate king game and so all quit out.

I didnt find the first two Koenigsegg city tracks too problematic, but this weeks track/car selection is very, bad - probably the worst combinations ive seen in the game so far.

Ive not tried this weeks community tracks yet.

Are PG playing somekind of meta to troll and create the worst possible situations for a forza game? I think along with some of the previous community tracks, they are.

I wait what abominations they come up with next.

Edited by user Friday, May 3, 2019 9:29:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#57 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 9:51:58 AM(UTC)
I'm sorry if this is a little off topic from the current forum, but I didn't know where to put this. I find it quite interesting that the train in Forza Horizon 4 can go a max speed of 88MPH, which in Back to the Future part 3, the "time train" was also able to do 88 MPH to traverse forwards or backwards in time. Maybe it's just a coincidence... or maybe it's a easter egg. It is interesting however. That might explain why there's so many of them. :)
#58 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 10:07:14 AM(UTC)
My team won on the 1st try, no thanks to me. I got rammed out of a checkpoint in the 1st race, came in 8th. Put myself into the side of a building in the 2nd, came in 7th. Had a decent 3rd race and came 3rd. Team won every time.
#59 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 10:44:54 AM(UTC)
I loved the trial this week. I love street races obviously cause of no walls and I used the 2011 Agera. I had a pretty decent team but I won all 3 of the races. I love S2 if I can avoid being wrecked
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#60 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 11:10:27 AM(UTC)
I really liked the Trial, too. The Agera is plenty of car to beat the AI badly, but I got pretty lucky that all but 1 other player quit after the first race. I came in 1st but nobody else was close to beating an AI car. As the AI is strongest on faster courses and one mistake in S2 can really be hard to overcome, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people have trouble with this one.

With the playground games, I wish the requirement was just completing one, not winning one. If that were the case, less time would be wasted and people would actually play it out. Most of my cracks at playground games don't usually last past the 2nd event. My personal rule is that I won't be the first or second on my team to quit, but if the other team has two more players, I'm probably going to be the 3rd to quit. The way it's currently done, sticking around when the teams are really unbalanced is just wasting time doing something non-competitive, and with 5 rounds, these last forever. If the requirement was just to participate to the end, at least we'd get one go a week of actually playing the PGG's like they are supposed to be played. In all these weeks, I think I've only had one that was competitive through 5 rounds with balanced teams.

I assume there are at least some people out there that really like playground games, and the current way of things must really suck for them.

Edited by user Friday, May 3, 2019 11:12:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#61 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 1:02:17 PM(UTC)
I liked this weeks community tracks better than last weeks. Last weeks second track was refreshing take but AI didn't really worked on that.

For this weeks community event, second track was very fun. AI wasn't up to task again, but at least track was very fun to drive.

This weeks Playground game was nice combination of right cars meeting right environment.

Trial was sorta interesting. I wasn't really at my best right after work, but team got it on second try. Kept making stupid mistakes and losing positions due them. At least it was fast.
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 1:09:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GCE Go to Quoted Post
...i went for the stock maloo, which was my highest A class PI stock van...

Say what?
 1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 2:33:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
I loved the trial this week. I love street races obviously cause of no walls and I used the 2011 Agera. I had a pretty decent team but I won all 3 of the races. I love S2 if I can avoid being wrecked

I didn't mind the trial / I like street races
both attempts had pretty poor teams
1st attempt was a big fail, lost all races , love being rammed by the AI and pushed into the lake lol
2nd attempt, lost 1st race, won 2nd race , lost 3rd race 2250 points to nil but for some weird reason we were given the win and we won the championship lol
so completed by glitch but that's the way this game goes
#64 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 4:17:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XXX 2zigenTuner Go to Quoted Post

Say what?

2014 HSV Limited Edition Gen-F GTS Maloo, it's Performance Index is rated at 764 in A class when fresh out of the factory and without any upgrades, and belongs to the Vans and Utility championship division. Not an optimal choice for this week's Seasonal Playground Games.

Edited by user Saturday, May 4, 2019 4:19:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#65 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 4:25:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post

Say what?

2014 HSV Limited Edition Gen-F GTS Maloo, it's Performance Index is rated at 764 in A class when fresh out of the factory and without any upgrades, and belongs to the Vans and Utility championship division. Not an optimal choice for this week's Seasonal Playground Games.

Van:
https://www.google.com/s...amp;biw=1396&bih=612

Ute:
https://www.google.com/s...amp;biw=1396&bih=612

I think you can see the difference now.
#66 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 4:44:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post

With the playground games, I wish the requirement was just completing one, not winning one. If that were the case, less time would be wasted and people would actually play it out.

If the requirement was just to participate to the end, at least we'd get one go a week of actually playing the PGG's like they are supposed to be played.

I assume there are at least some people out there that really like playground games, and the current way of things must really suck for them.

I must echo these sentiments of Abell as I have never enjoyed Playground Games much like I hate Drifting! In FH3 I used to mess around to complete the tasks and pick up a score by luck!

PG/T10/Microsoft if you are listening can you let us plebs take part and not have to win when all and sundry around us are leaving in their droves from the Trials/Games etc as has happened this week?

Edited by user Saturday, May 4, 2019 4:45:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 5:43:22 AM(UTC)
Probably sounding like a broken record but....

1. Since lowering the percentage to win both prizes each week to 80% you no longer have to earn points in the Trial or PGG.

2. The Trial actually becomes easier when players leave (less points for the AI to get)

3. It has been my experience that most of the better players do the Trial early, so if you want to get points here, try doing this on Thurs or Fri.

I am not a fan of drifitng, but have found that drifting shows up very infrequently as a task in the weekly Forzathon. Even then, the total points needed is not excessive. And again, the points are not needed to get 80%.

I would rather know what I need to do that to score by luck, but that is me.

The only issue I have had with PGG is getting disconnected, especially after winning the 3rd event, but that hasn't happened to me in over a month now. I do like PGG and enjoy playing it as is.

NB: You may have to try PGG and/or The Trial more than once each week to get the points.

I bought the game to play the game and do not expect to get rewarded just for starting up the game.
Forzathons are optional, not a requirement. Completion of Forzathons is not necessary for any achievement or for Tier advancement. I personally enjoy the challenges of Forzathon and look forward to these each week.

Edited by user Saturday, May 4, 2019 5:47:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#68 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 7:14:05 AM(UTC)
Is the weekly forzathon challenge not working for anyone else? I’ve tried driving multiple sport utility heroes vehicles but the own and drive part of the challenge doesn’t update.
#69 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 7:49:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: pcdunham Go to Quoted Post
Is the weekly forzathon challenge not working for anyone else? I’ve tried driving multiple sport utility heroes vehicles but the own and drive part of the challenge doesn’t update.

This happened to me a couple months back. Restarting the console fixed it.
#70 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 8:37:34 AM(UTC)
I think you can see the difference now.

Had the guy called the Maloo a "panel van", I would have happily joined you in your semantic witch hunt and purged the relevant blasphemer. But "van" does not have a consistent definition across English speakers.

Case in point, from your very own "authoritative" source, that was supposed to prove once and for all that a van is not an ute, and an ute is not a van:

Originally Posted by: Berniev666 Go to Quoted Post
In FH3 I used to mess around to complete the tasks and pick up a score by luck!

There has to be a more effective way...

Edited by user Saturday, May 4, 2019 9:00:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#71 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 9:37:05 AM(UTC)
Ugh! The Trial is unnecessarily difficult this week! I wouldn't mind if it was for a super duper extra rare major legendary car or something but bunny ears?

I still need to win it for the 100% tho... Sigh
A Forza fan since the very beginning way back on original Xbox but apparently I'm just a troll who knows nothing...
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 10:34:01 AM(UTC)
Some more vans for you;

#73 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 10:49:25 AM(UTC)
...and we can now conclude that the Maloo is most definitely not a "van" in Forza Horizon 3, where Australian English is spoken, but it is in Forza Horizon 4, wherein Her Majesty the Queen© and her language, British English™, rule.

See? I told you the Forza Forums were useful!
 1 user liked this post.
#74 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 11:10:56 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Is this really the truth this trashy königseeg hunt city course trash is the worst thing i had to experience in a videogame ever.

Edited by user Saturday, May 4, 2019 8:26:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#75 Posted : Saturday, May 4, 2019 11:23:04 AM(UTC)
Koenigsegg*
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error