This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
24 Pages<<222324Prev
#576 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 10:25:32 AM(UTC)
I don't get it. Is is just the game or is it time for a new xbox? I'm on the original xbox 1 and I've never had a game crash on me before until this one. I love the game, but it seems like lately it crashes more times than not. The sound also freezes sometimes on one tone and then resets. Also the game crashes at the most inconvenient times (ie. during a race, forzathon event, or randomly exploring horizon). I need answers on how to get this fixed or i'll be reluctant to buy the next forza horizon game

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 11:38:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#577 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 5:46:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Enj0yYourSlay Go to Quoted Post
I don't get it. Is is just the game or is it time for a new xbox? I'm on the original xbox 1 and I've never had a game crash on me before until this one. I love the game, but it seems like lately it crashes more times than not. The sound also freezes sometimes on one tone and then resets. Also the game crashes at the most inconvenient times (ie. during a race, forzathon event, or randomly exploring horizon). I need answers on how to get this fixed or i'll be reluctant to buy the next forza horizon game

you can calm down, your xbox is ok. its obviously a problem of the game.
i have the exact same problems since the game release... and i play a lot other games without any problems.

the game is realy good and i enjoy to play it (just like the other forza's), until the sound freeze on full rev, in snow, in drift zones, in speed zones... etc
i never had any problem with the forza games, but this time i'm disappointed.

Most of the time, when i open my car garage, the game loads for 2 min to open my cars... at least 7/10 times...
if i disable xbox live and play offline, my cars open in 1 second 10/10 times.
when you want to look in your designs, they load for 2 mins until they show up...
same with the tunings.

i have a very fast internet connection with 15ms ping, so the problem with the loading issues is not on my side.

another great problem are the online races (team adventure and single adventure).
you wait 10 mins to find a lobby, try to connect -> connection lost .... this up to 3-4 times and you need 60 mins to play 5 races online.

online races only with free roam rush... thats ridiculous... you can make this game a lot better... listen to the community!
#578 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 11:38:01 AM(UTC)
Hello,

Could you please submit a ticket on our support site so we can assist? Make sure you include your DXDIAG as an attachment if you are crashing on PC.

Thanks

| GT: Nitro Glitter | Twitter: @NitroGlitter | Turn 10 Studios Community Support Engineer |
#579 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 10:21:17 PM(UTC)
I have found out that with driver version 417.35 game crashes less. Had only 1 crash in last 2 days. I want to play ranked but i keep going down on ranks if i start one, because of the crash.
#580 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 3:34:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FlukeyPear115 Go to Quoted Post
The game has become unplayable. It's a shame because it's an awesome and enjoyable game. But the crashes are ruining it.

It's not just the crashing, but everything else about the game makes it unplayable. The rigged wheelspins that always seem to give you more worthless junk for your driver to wear...the Auction House problems that continue to carry over from previous games...the fact that all cars handle poorly unless you spend a ton of credits on tuning...the fact that the Forza Hub doesn't give you credit for in-game progress on FH4....the endless grinding you have to do in the Forzathon challenges to earn miniscule amounts of points. The list goes on. And now that Microsoft has bought out Turn 10 and Playground Games, don't be shocked if we all get more of the same in future Forza games, plus the likelihood of microtransactions, too.

That's how the business works. Big companies swallow up smaller ones, and everything becomes generic. It's happened to radio, television, corporations and other businesses. Now it's happening to video games.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:05:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Roger Murtaugh said it best...
#581 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 8:14:39 AM(UTC)
Hello,

After today update (28.02.19), every time i travel from island to britain i get a crash if i open the menu, and almost every time the game starts offline mode.

Anyone else?
#582 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 3:16:54 AM(UTC)
I dont have those crashes - i reinstalled video driver (or actually windows has) to default system one, that was available with new Windows version from 2018 (388.13) . Since then, no crash, but i get notification upon game launch that i shaould update the driver. Also i disabled driver and system updates.

Edited by user Sunday, March 10, 2019 3:17:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Specs ;
Ryzen 7 2700X 4.2Ghz
GTX 1080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB
2x8GB RAM 3200Mhz
1TB SSD
SSD 240GB X2

Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.
#583 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 7:48:45 AM(UTC)
guys i found something. change your resolution to 1280x800. Thank me later. No more crashes for me. I change it and i got one more crash after 30 min of playing and now i played for 3h and no crashes.
#584 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 6:34:41 AM(UTC)
I haven't been able to play this game for months. It worked upon release amazingly. I had so much fun and wanted to continue. Then the game was updated and became unplayable. I'm so sick of trying with this game. It will crash randomly every 5-25 minutes. I'm about to return the game at this point. Disgusting.
#585 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2019 11:07:07 PM(UTC)
Hi guys,

Quite happy today to solve the issue after months of frustration. Below are my steps...
- If you are on AMD platform, make sure to set your memory speed to default at 2133 - or max 3200. Mine at 2133 now and I will try to increase it to 3200 and see if there are any issues. Will update later.
- Try a clean install of NVIDIA driver of the latest version. Before that, use DDU to clean all garbarge settings.
- Uninstall the game, the install again from the store
- FH4 video settings free to set, but I still remember to set "Mirror quality" to HIGH because I am not sure if this has been fixed or not.
Note: Background programs on my PC still running... eg. iCUE, Steam, Geforce Exp, Kaspersky AV, Afterburner, SCP toolkit....

FYI: I am on Ryzen 2600X @4000, G.Skill 8Gx2@2133

Game on guys.

BR
Tue

Edited by user Monday, April 1, 2019 11:14:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon
AMD Ryzen 2600X @ 4000 Water cooled
G.Skill 3600 CL15 @ 2133 ;-(
PALIT Geforce RTX 2070
#586 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2019 5:53:17 AM(UTC)
Forza Horizon 4 keeps freezing on Goliath, playing against rivals, I had this a couple of moths ago very often, it seemed to have been fixed, but it's back to the old freezing again !! It happens when i rewind and want to continue from the spot i choose, it freezes right away, or after i rewind a couple of times, I have to restart the whole game and try again, but it keeps freezing anyway. What's going on !? they have to be able to fix this permanently can't they?!! But I've noticed that by changing to another rival to beat their lap-time, it doesn't freeze, so I'm staying on one rival and not change to another if the game doesn't freeze, but i'm still experimenting on that, I'll let You all know if it works !!

Edited by user Monday, April 15, 2019 8:20:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#587 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:18:40 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Friday, April 19, 2019 6:20:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#588 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 1:22:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vortex Steering Go to Quoted Post
Forza Horizon 4 keeps freezing on Goliath, playing against rivals, !!

same here since two weeks 👎
#589 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 2:33:25 AM(UTC)
I've been trying to understand why this is happening, the problem seems to really be in the the rival we choose to play against to improve our lap-times, if it crashes, then change rivals until you find one that doesn't make the game crash. It's working with me !!
 1 user liked this post.
#590 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:13:17 AM(UTC)
@ vortex : thx...a new rival fix it 👍
#591 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:39:49 AM(UTC)
@slowmichael1961, Very good, and thanks for the reply !!!
#592 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 4:42:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: slowmichael1961 Go to Quoted Post
@ vortex : thx...a new rival fix it 👍

Very good !! Thanks for they reply !!👍🙏
#593 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 9:01:38 PM(UTC)
Hey Y'all,

I've had this issue for the past 4 days. I bought the game when it was on sale and all I've wanted to do was play it. I FINALLY got to the root of MY issue, however it may not be the same for everyone else:

I've literally done everything; reinstalled the game at least 5 times, page file changing, clean boot, uninstalling GEForce Experience, changing the permissions on the windows app folder etc. Pretty much every solution listed in this 24 page thread (bar any .bat files).

I checked event viewer and had the issue with a file called ddumd.dll, it was throwing the common 0xc0000005 issue, but the file in question was the ddumd.dll.

I researched it and found out that Duet Display (mirroring service for PC + Apple devices) also uses that same file, and had been causing issues for other gamers with different games.

I uninstalled Duet Display and haven't had an issue since! I can finally play to my hearts content!

The other app that apparently uses this same file is Kairos Display. There may be more, but that is all the forums provided.

I wanted to post because it's been frustrating the hell out of me and I wanted to see if I could help some others.

Happy driving Forza lovers!
#594 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 12:21:37 AM(UTC)
Does anyone have an answer for this yet mine seems to happen when I'm doing online ranked games I've lost over a hundred points in the last couple days

#595 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 12:22:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: REDinurHEAD Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone have an answer for this yet mine seems to happen when I'm doing online ranked games I've lost over a hundred points in the last couple days

I have had this twice today in online games.

Just now I was in the 5th race near the end, I would have gained rank points, but... freeze... grey screen... crash to desktop.

That's 25 minutes of hard work playing in a competitive lobby wasted.
24 Pages<<222324Prev

Notification

Icon
Error