This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages123>>Next
 1 user liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:36:47 AM(UTC)
SUMMER
Starts April 11, 2019 at 7:30 a.m. Pacific (Daylight time clock change)
This is the first and opening season of Series 8.

Next change: April 18 at 7:30 a.m. Pacific

https://twitter.com/WeAr...tus/1116347741729382400

BARN FIND RUMOR:

#FORZATHON SHOP
Note that #Forzathon Shop prices have changed.
  • 650 FP Car: 1965 Hoonigan Gymkhana 10 Hoonicorn (existing Exclusive model)
  • 500 FP Car: 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C (2,100,000 CR in Buy Cars)
  • 200 FP Clothing: Modern Race Suit Black Outfit
  • 175 FP Clothing: Modern Race Suit Helmet Black
  • Wheelspins cost 40 FP & 150 FP

FESTIVAL PLAYLIST REWARDS
  • 50% Summer reward: 2018 Mercedes-Benz GT 4-Door Coupe (new Exclusive model)
  • 80% Summer reward: Hot Wheels Twin Mills (existing Exclusive model)
  • 50% Series Completion: Alfa Romeo Giulia FE (existing Exclusive)
  • 80% Series Completion: Ford Crown Victoria (existing Exclusive

#FORZATHON WEEKLY CHALLENGE: [must be done in sequence to count]

Earn 200 FP from this challenge plus 20 per Daily
  • Own and drive the 1989 Ferrari F40 Competizione
  • Earn 3 Stars at the Bamburgh Dunes Speed Trap in the F40 C
  • Get 25 Ultimate Speed Skills in the F40 C
  • Drive the F40 C for a total of 24 miles

SEASONAL EVENTS

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "Walk Into My Parlor" | The Highland Charge | C600 Abarth 124 Spyder
  • Reward: 1955 Porsche 550A Spyder

Seasonal Payground Games: Bamburgh Castle | A800 Offroad Buggies
  • Reward: La Cucaracha Horn

PR Stunt: Open-Cast Cliff Danger Sign | 1000.7 feet
  • Reward: Super Wheelspin

PR Stunt: Cotswolds Speed Trap | 215.0 mph

PR Stunt: Pennine Way Speed Zone | 185.0 mph

Championship: "Summer Community Championship" | Glen Rannoch Trail | S1 900 Rally Monsters
  • Reward: Wheelspin

Championship: "Lakehurst Classic Sportscars" | Lakehurst Forest Sprint | C501-A800 Classic Sports Cars
  • Reward: 100,000 CR

Championship: "Mercedes Cup" | Coastal Rush Cross Country | S1 900 Mercedes AMG or Benz
  • Reward: Mercedes-Benz X-Class (newly added Exclusive model)

Championships must be completed on Expert or harder Drivatar difficulty to earn the unique reward. To earn the Trial reward, team members must all race against Unbeatable Drivatar difficulty and win as a team against the Drivatars.

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 11:45:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:47:32 AM(UTC)
Was it really necessary to reset my progress in seasonal championships and the trial on Fortune Island? Sure, it is another chance to get the rewards, but i would have prefered if those Championships would have stayed completed.
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:51:33 AM(UTC)
Series 8 adds the new Drift Adventure to Online.

Quote:
An all-new Online Adventure game mode! Take part in three-race Drift Championships, where it’s not about how fast you can drive, it’s about how well you can drift!

Points are scored on asphalt only and are based on the angle and speed of your drift. You’ll have time to complete a few laps in each event, so don’t worry if you mess up the start, you still have every chance to win as only your best lap’s score goes up on the leaderboard.

Drift Adventure is available in both Quick Play and Ranked and can be accessed from the Online Adventure tab in the Pause Menu.

Earning a rank in Drift Adventure will check-off the Online Adventure requirement for Festival Playlist.

However there is currently an issue with collecting Online Adventure Rewards from Series 7, and Quickplay:
Quote:

We’re aware of an issue with Quickplay Free For All Adventure in #ForzaHorizon4. We’re working on a fix and will let you know when it’s live

https://twitter.com/forz...atus/1116299234255540224

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:10:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:06:33 AM(UTC)
The lineup of Forzathon Shop seems to be wrong.
Now it's changed to Hoonicorn and Shelby Cobra.
However, to my honest opinion, the pre-change lineup was more attractive. PG, if you want us to actively use the Forzathon Shop, the answer was in the pre-change lineup.
 2 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:11:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
However, to my honest opinion, the pre-change lineup was more attractive. PG, if you want us to actively use the Forzathon Shop, the answer was in the pre-change lineup.

Same to me. I was going to buy another skyline for a different tune since it is an exclusive car but I wasn't quick enough. I hope it comes back another week.
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:20:25 AM(UTC)
Forzathon Shop is now updated.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:33:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post

Damn i wanted that Skyline

2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:34:18 AM(UTC)
Thank God no Drift PR stunts this week. I can't drift to save my life!!

And I'm starting to think they are having a laugh with us by not making the Superfast available again in the Forzathon shop. Unless they have bigger plans to make that car available again i'm not sure why it hasn't been made available. Some cars have been in the Forzathon shop 3 times already. A lot of people missed out on the Superfast because they were either not playing the game yet or hadn't qualified for the Horizon Festival like myself. Come on Playground Games!!

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:36:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:57:15 AM(UTC)
Is that ANOTHER drive xx.x miles challenge? Every time they have one, it's a parade of bug complaints, but they keep donkey-braindishly forcing it. Well, cue the parade because I'm 0 for the last hour. The last time we had one, changing to a particular car was the only thing I could do to make the counter start working correctly. This one is restricted to the F40 C and neither of mine work for it ... faaaaaaaaaaabulous.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:06:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post
Is that ANOTHER drive xx.x miles challenge? Every time they have one, it's a parade of bug complaints, but they keep donkey-braindishly forcing it. Well, cue the parade because I'm 0 for the last hour. The last time we had one, changing to a particular car was the only thing I could do to make the counter start working correctly. This one is restricted to the F40 C and neither of mine work for it ... faaaaaaaaaaabulous.

I have drive motorway somethink like 20 times, progress 2,2km. Come on PG fix your game or stop making these drive xx.x amount challenges. Cant even get 50% of without online now because this challenge dont work.
 4 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:19:17 AM(UTC)
Sorry but the Trial this week is awesome! Low class cars, nice and steady actual driving, no ramming (accidental or otherwise) and the gorgeous little Porsche at the end.

Thank you PG, more low class races please, they are sorely needed. One can only watch life blurring past you so much before it gets samey, it felt good to be able to take in some beautiful scenery for a change...
A Forza fan since the very beginning way back on original Xbox but apparently I'm just a troll who knows nothing...
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:23:49 AM(UTC)
Has anyone worked out yet if it is possible to get to 80% percent without doing the PGG or the Trial now that the Monthly Rivals is gone? I'm at work and havent had a chance to see what the new percentages look like.

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:24:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#13 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:48:11 AM(UTC)
Anyone struggling with keeping up with the "Expert" AI on the "Mountain Attack", use the "Hoonigan RS200" if you have it with one of the few 900 tunes available. Quite easy with that after struggling to keep up using Gymkhana 9 Focus and Gymkhana 10 Focus. They were rubbish!
 5 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 8:50:41 AM(UTC)
Not a big fan of them gate keeping the weekly challenge behind a 3 million credit car. While I'm good it doesn't seem all that fair on newer players or people who have actually spent credits o things in game.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:10:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OneGrumpyUncle Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone worked out yet if it is possible to get to 80% percent without doing the PGG or the Trial now that the Monthly Rivals is gone? I'm at work and havent had a chance to see what the new percentages look like.

I did the Monthly Rivals thru the rivals tab. It showed up at the playlist after I set a time.

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:17:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:14:33 AM(UTC)

Monthly Rivals is not gone. If you don't see it, restart your game.
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:17:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post
Not a big fan of them gate keeping the weekly challenge behind a 3 million credit car. While I'm good it doesn't seem all that fair on newer players or people who have actually spent credits o things in game.

That car was the reward for 50% of last months series playlist. It was pretty easy to obtain.
 4 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:26:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bad Bad Mige Go to Quoted Post

That car was the reward for 50% of last months series playlist. It was pretty easy to obtain.

That was the F50, not the F40c.
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:27:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bad Bad Mige Go to Quoted Post

Noup, last month 50% reward was F50 GT while this week forzathon challenge needs to do with F40c.

Edit: slow. and something more to rant, that new M-B that is this week 50% reward dont have race springs, yet another car where you can get rally and drift supsension but not race supsension.

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:29:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:38:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LongFort75 Go to Quoted Post

I did the Monthly Rivals thru the rivals tab. It showed up at the playlist after I set a time.

Awesome thanks, I was kind of dreading "having" to do the PGG or the Trials to get to 80%. Its much nicer only having to do the Trials if i want to as long as I do the Rivals and Online Adventure.
#21 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:56:50 AM(UTC)
Hey now my black modern driving suit no longer needs to have a dark blue helmet :)
#22 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:10:48 AM(UTC)
Bug with the seasonal completion rate.

So I completed all but the Seasonal Playground (hate that), and of course the Forzathon as it will take all week to do while the challenge unlocks. As I am about to do Rivals, my completion sits at 81% and I already received the Twin Mills (sold already, had it from something before).

Then after completing a clean lap in Rivals, now my seasons completion is 69%? What kind of math is that? Restarted the game and it is the same.

I Worries this impact the overall as well AND potentially getting another Twin Mills when the game decide to do the math correctly...

Anyone else noticed that?

Zak

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:11:24 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:16:31 AM(UTC)
Completion % drop has come up before and is just a server connection issue - try rebooting and/or prompting a gamesave by buying a car etc and you should see the correct % in a short amount of time.
 1 user liked this post.
#24 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:20:18 AM(UTC)
The AMG GT 4 comes with stock "race" suspension and of course it's not adjustable. Come on PG.
I've made an A-class build with the V10 swap (stock engine isn't the best tbh) and once the car reaches ~1900kg rally suspension does the job - at least kind of.
But this wouldn't be necessary if PG could get this right from the first place. Hyundai Veloster is the same story.

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:27:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#25 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:36:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
The AMG GT 4 comes with stock "race" suspension and of course it's not adjustable. Come on PG.
I've made an A-class build with the V10 swap (stock engine isn't the best tbh) and once the car reaches ~1900kg rally suspension does the job - at least kind of.
But this wouldn't be necessary if PG could get this right from the first place. Hyundai Veloster is the same story.

The Nissan 300, too. I don't get how this is a thing.

Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post

I have drive motorway somethink like 20 times, progress 2,2km. Come on PG fix your game or stop making these drive xx.x amount challenges. Cant even get 50% of without online now because this challenge dont work.

Switching to quality mode fixed it for me this time. Every time this happens, it seems like the fix that works is different, if there is a fix. This didn't work for me last time ... had to change cars. And I really don't understand why the slow progression. I got to like 1.6 km in about 40 minutes of driving before I tried switching video modes. I also don't understand why this only happens to some people. But it's always a problem for some people. That should be enough to make PG stop pushing these challenges on us until they figure out what's going on.
6 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error