51 Pages<<4142434445>>PrevNext
#1051 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:31:40 AM(UTC)
That is why the limit is 80%, So you dont need to do ranked. You can skip rank and miss a couple of dailies and still meet the top threshhold

Also were changes. The reward approach most notably. 50% Is where new and nice cars are, 80% for special interest and more niche rewards. Fairly significant I think.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:33:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1052 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 8:41:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JurassicJoeDawg Go to Quoted Post
The biggest contributor to the playlist, qualify for online adventure, doesn't even need to you win, you just participate. So why do you even care about the environment? Sit there at the starting line and just move your steering wheel every 60 seconds, so you don't lag out for inactivity. Rinse and repeat 10 times, and you are done.... I don't recommend doing that in TEAM adventure racing or games because you are hurting other people's experience but in FFA, which is the fastest event to get into and doesn't need 12 out of 12 to start an event, you only affect yourself, so who cares?

After reading the above, I thought I would give Free -for-all Adventure a try. It looks like I've wasted 2 days of my time plus CR on upgrades and suffered lots of frustration.

I've completed numerous championships and got to Level 11 on FFA but I still don't qualify for ranking or the 18% which would bring me up to 80%. From YouTube videos it seems that you don't just need to participate, you need to win at least 3 races within a 5 race championship and repeat that a further four times.

I realize that the system will change in Series 8 but from past experience I don't hold out much hope for significant improvements.
#1053 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 1:32:10 PM(UTC)
Have the goalposts been moved on this? I had 80% plus on all seasons and I've just logged on post update to see I'm below 80 on them now. What gives? For the record I've completed everything except online adventure. Feel like I've been massively misled.
 2 users liked this post.
#1054 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2019 2:14:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vaporisor Go to Quoted Post
That is why the limit is 80%, So you dont need to do ranked. You can skip rank and miss a couple of dailies and still meet the top threshhold

Also were changes. The reward approach most notably. 50% Is where new and nice cars are, 80% for special interest and more niche rewards. Fairly significant I think.

The point is that 80% is only achievable IF, and only IF, you complete one of the two worst experiences you can possibly have in the entire game and those are Ranked Online Adventures and Playground Games. If I don’t do ROA, then I’ll need to do PGG instead to get 80% and vice versa. Otherwise the maximum possible percentage is 76%, short of the coveted 80% (I tried and, with everything but those two completed, 76% was the magic number).

So no, I don’t need to do ranked to get 80% but, considering it’s (very slightly) better than PGG in that you don’t actually need to win (just spend possibly hours being bored out of your mind or being rammed 100+ times across 50 events), it’s the lesser of the two evils so I kinda do.
 3 users liked this post.
#1055 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:33:15 PM(UTC)
Since I don't want to be the guy wo is only complaining: Huge thank you to the devs for lowering it to 80% (even retroactively)! It really bothered me that I couldn't get the Capri FE, but now all is good :D

To the guys who are still arguing: Why is 80% still too hard? Driving one ranked match in 4 weeks won't kill you and even playground games aren't needed for 80%.
 1 user liked this post.
#1056 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 3:16:33 PM(UTC)
This week, and hopefully in future, 80% isn't the relevant number for getting the playlist only exclusive content ... 50% is. I think that makes dealing with other people unnecessary to get the new stuff, no? I'd prefer no time gates for new content, but this move helps a lot of people and addressed many complaints.

My beefs with the playlist have only been about time gating such content and putting it behind game modes the aren't universally liked. I think the new move goes a long way to squashing the second. People trying to avoid online can now, and 50% leaves a lot of room to skip stuff you don't like.

But I don't have a problem with the playlist itself or putting prizes you can get elsewhere at 80%. If the prizes are CR or cars that you can get from the autoshow/wheelspins/leveling up, then it feels like an optional challenge, and I wouldn't mind getting one of these kinds of rewards for 100%. I think gripes about the requirements are totally valid for rewards only available from the playlist, but about rewards that can be had elsewhere, not so much.
 3 users liked this post.
#1057 Posted : Wednesday, April 10, 2019 3:25:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: d3r eismann Go to Quoted Post
To the guys who are still arguing: Why is 80% still too hard? Driving one ranked match in 4 weeks won't kill you and even playground games aren't needed for 80%.

Because video games are supposed to be fun. Doing something that isn't fun defeats the purpose.

Also, you're assuming that it's one ranked match. Anyone who doesn't do adventure would also have to drive the other unranked matches first to unlock ranked mode.
 3 users liked this post.
#1058 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 12:07:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Did 100% of everything so far. Total for the month is 80% (but not really because no Capri). Some people were complaining there should be something given to those with 100% at the end of the seasons. I was thinking it could be a cash bonus of some kind, since it won't deprive others of cars or items they can't get otherwise. Personally I don't really care. My ocd requires me to get 100% if at all possible. lol

Then people will complain you need to get 100% to get the cash bonus. Whatever PD does, people will complain.
It was 100%. People complained. Went down to 80%. People complained. PD could make it 10%. People would still complain.
#1059 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:01:04 AM(UTC)

Conversely, why is 75% not hard enough? Not driving one ranked match in 4 weeks won’t kill PGL and if it’s so trivial, why require any form of toxic multiplayer modes for the reward at all?

Forcing players to effectively punish themselves in order to be rewarded seems kind of counterintuitive for a casual arcade racing game. I don’t mind a challenge, but Online Adventures isn’t about either skill or challenge; it’s just a cesspool of a******s who will ram, wallride, and have fun at your expense any chance they can.

A real challenge would include a battle of skill, not cheap maneuvers and weak trolling.
 5 users liked this post.
#1060 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:28:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NBAKingzFan10 Go to Quoted Post

Conversely, why is 75% not hard enough? Not driving one ranked match in 4 weeks won’t kill PGL and if it’s so trivial, why require any form of toxic multiplayer modes for the reward at all?

Forcing players to effectively punish themselves in order to be rewarded seems kind of counterintuitive for a casual arcade racing game. I don’t mind a challenge, but Online Adventures isn’t about either skill or challenge; it’s just a cesspool of a******s who will ram, wallride, and have fun at your expense any chance they can.

A real challenge would include a battle of skill, not cheap maneuvers and weak trolling.

well aren't you lucky that as of the new playlist the 80% rewards are just cars already available in the game and you only need 50% for the new cars
how much easier can they make it, it's getting ridiculous that people are still complaining
 2 users liked this post.
#1061 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:52:00 AM(UTC)

Go and do the drift adventure then, it's entirely ghosted and purely based on your own skill.
 1 user liked this post.
#1062 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:10:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
well aren't you lucky that as of the new playlist the 80% rewards are just cars already available in the game and you only need 50% for the new cars
how much easier can they make it, it's getting ridiculous that people are still complaining

I love that you have this uncanny ability to reply to every single complaint with which you disagree in an overtly condescending manner while doing very little to actually address the points made In the complaint, itself.

I’ll ask you, even if just for my own amusement, but where in my post did I ever address the quality of cars being rewarded at certain percentages of completion as a point of emphasis, or even at all?

Additionally, where in your post do you address absolutely anything I’ve brought up as an issue including, but not limited to, the reason as to why those given game modes are required to receive any playlist reward whatsoever?

You can sit there in all your condescension all you’d like, but it doesn’t answer my question or address my point. Also, your arguing against a point of which I’ve never made is borderline strawman territory, is it not?

Now, since you’ve decided to point out how much “easier” PGL has supposedly made whatever it is you’re insinuating they’ve made easier, do allow me to bestow upon you the same amount of ease with regard to my post by surmising my ultimate point into a single, solitary, question...

Why are any of the two main multiplayer modes required for any given seasonal playlist reward in absolutely any way?

Do try and answer the question directly, this time, and refrain from your usual condescending, deflecting, and borderline strawman tactics of which you’re prone to using.

Please and thank you

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 3:35:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1063 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 2:47:38 AM(UTC)
redacted

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 3:00:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1064 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 5:46:05 AM(UTC)
Can someone else confirm so that I can test whether I'm losing my sanity or not...

The previous weeks getting over 80% meant for me doing every event except qualifying for ranked adventures. This was absolutely fine in my book and was mostly happy to do it to get the cars.

Before Tuesday nights update I just needed one event to get over 80% to unlock the M3 GTR, the Ford Capri FE cumulative was showing at 80% exactly but the car hadn't unlocked. No worries I thought as it will unlock when I complete the last 80% and unlock the M3.

After the update it seemed to change so that I needed to qualify for ranked adventure to get over 80% as completing literally everything else only came to 74% this meant I couldnt unlock the M3 and more annoyingly it affected my previous weeks total taking all of these down to 74% meaning my cumulative total was about 68%.

Did this happen to anyone else, how can they move the goalposts when there was so little time for me to complete it? Im really annoyed in all honesty.

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 5:49:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#1065 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:13:23 AM(UTC)

Why are any of the two main multiplayer modes required for any given seasonal playlist reward in absolutely any way?

Please and thank you

'two main multiplayer modes', perhaps PG sees them as the center of the game and in fact would like everyone to try them.

But I'm gonna guess you've got a different take on it. And if completing the playlist isn't about the rewards, then why is the playlist even an issue?

I'd guess you don't like that PGG or ranked were required, and now that you don't need to do them at all to obtain the top prize(unless you're in to bunny suits?), One might think you be chipper about that. But since rewards isn't it at all for you, I'm not even entirely sure why this thread entices you to participate?
#1066 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:17:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CrackersMaracas Go to Quoted Post
Can someone else confirm so that I can test whether I'm losing my sanity or not...

The previous weeks getting over 80% meant for me doing every event except qualifying for ranked adventures. This was absolutely fine in my book and was mostly happy to do it to get the cars.

Before Tuesday nights update I just needed one event to get over 80% to unlock the M3 GTR, the Ford Capri FE cumulative was showing at 80% exactly but the car hadn't unlocked. No worries I thought as it will unlock when I complete the last 80% and unlock the M3.

After the update it seemed to change so that I needed to qualify for ranked adventure to get over 80% as completing literally everything else only came to 74% this meant I couldnt unlock the M3 and more annoyingly it affected my previous weeks total taking all of these down to 74% meaning my cumulative total was about 68%.

Did this happen to anyone else, how can they move the goalposts when there was so little time for me to complete it? Im really annoyed in all honesty.

IDK, I'd completed every season to 100% on 2 accounts, 99% on a third (I'd missed two dailies early on🤭). Perhaps it is that they fixed the rounding up error, showing a % that hadn't actually yet be attained.
#1067 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:24:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

'two main multiplayer modes', perhaps PG sees them as the center of the game and in fact would like everyone to try them.

Except that they've already said what the center of the game is:

https://www.teamvvv.com/...-forza-horizons-success/

“Our goal with Horizon, and I feel it’s justified with the way Horizon 3 has gone, is to bring this experience to as many people as possible,” he says. “Horizon is about that free-wheeling, easy-going, easy to jump in and out of experience, and I guess that can be at the expense of a more prescriptive progression system which says ‘you must do this to continue.’”

So if that's changed, then it's a pretty disappointing regression from what used to be the series' core values.
 1 user liked this post.
#1068 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:33:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post

Except that they've already said what the center of the game is:

https://www.teamvvv.com/...-forza-horizons-success/

“Our goal with Horizon, and I feel it’s justified with the way Horizon 3 has gone, is to bring this experience to as many people as possible,” he says. “Horizon is about that free-wheeling, easy-going, easy to jump in and out of experience, and I guess that can be at the expense of a more prescriptive progression system which says ‘you must do this to continue.’”

So if that's changed, then it's a pretty disappointing regression from what used to be the series' core values.

Ideas do tend to change within a company in a 2 year time span.
 2 users liked this post.
#1069 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:39:36 AM(UTC)
You guys are confusing me. Playground Games (PPG) is the developer. I see on guy saying PD which is Poliphony Digital, but the do the Gran Turismo games and PlayStation. I also see another saying PGL. What the hell is that supposed to be?
 1 user liked this post.
#1070 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 6:54:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Free free...free free free! Just like the TurboTax commercial. Free cars and no work, that seems to be the going theme in here. I just want a stress free free free racing experience before I completely abandon this game
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
#1071 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 7:03:12 AM(UTC)
To attempt to counteract what feels like endless complaining...

I'm someone that very much focuses on single player. Online racing has never held much interest for me as either a) I'm not going to be good enough to compete or b) I'm going to make a mistake and ruin someone's race by cutting them off from a checkpoint etc. In previous FH games I've spent a fair bit of time in Playground Games (usually seeing how silly a car I can get away with and still be vaguely competitive) but that's about it.

The Festival Playlist has forced me to do things a bit differently and I'm so glad it did. So far anyway I've been consistently at or near the top of trials runs and haven't had to do any of them more than twice to complete successfully. Ranked free for all racing I can usually manage to finish top half of the field and have gotten relatively decent at remembering not to go on the racing line into the first corner unless everyone else is in P50's and I'm driving a LM002. Hell I even found myself diving in to Trials races the last couple of days to try and help out others as I knew I could be ahead of most of the AI even with a mistake or two. It's really helped give me a better point of reference for where my own skill level is and opened up a side of the game I hadn't previously touched.

As an aside I was on with a friend who doesn't normally play racing games last night but has got hooked on FH4. They needed a bit more to hit 50% on the season so I suggested the Trial. It's a long way from their normal AI skill level but was fairly confident a decent team would make up for that. Turns out those 3 races against 'unbeatable' AI in a decent car really helped them learn a lot about how to be a better driver. Hell the last race in the series they managed a 4th place finish with only one AI ahead. Not bad for someone who... well, let's say is normally racing a fair few levels below that. There's no way they'd have had that experience or found out they could drive that well without Playlist forcing us both to try something new.

Ultimately I think the playlist option has been very well implemented (okay, for clarity, it is *now*, 100% completion targets across 4 weeks was a tad silly). Think people need to remember this is intended to encourage more people to try more things. As such it's not linked to progression in any way with the only rewards being 10 cars, none of which are game breaking, offer significant advantages or can't be obtained via auction house (assuming people put 'em up for sale of course). While you, personally, might hate on-line or Playground Games or the Trial (in my case it's drift zones as I kinda suck at 'em) there's going to be a fair chunk of the player base that discovers something new to enjoy as it encourages them to jump in to events they might have just passed on before. In a game as varied as FH4 there's no way everyone is going to like every activity but the current setup of Festival Playlist, IMO, finds a very good balance between encouraging new experiences and letting you skip stuff you really don't like.
#1072 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:33:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TAB SNIPER Go to Quoted Post
While you, personally, might hate on-line or Playground Games or the Trial (in my case it's drift zones as I kinda suck at 'em) there's going to be a fair chunk of the player base that discovers something new to enjoy as it encourages them to jump in to events they might have just passed on before. In a game as varied as FH4 there's no way everyone is going to like every activity but the current setup of Festival Playlist, IMO, finds a very good balance between encouraging new experiences and letting you skip stuff you really don't like.

"Try it, you might like it" is fine to tell an eight year old faced with moving up from the kid's menu. By the time you're 35 (average age of a gamer), you've figured out what you like and what you don't, and you spend your leisure time accordingly.
 1 user liked this post.
#1073 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:55:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TAB SNIPER Go to Quoted Post
While you, personally, might hate on-line or Playground Games or the Trial (in my case it's drift zones as I kinda suck at 'em) there's going to be a fair chunk of the player base that discovers something new to enjoy as it encourages them to jump in to events they might have just passed on before. In a game as varied as FH4 there's no way everyone is going to like every activity but the current setup of Festival Playlist, IMO, finds a very good balance between encouraging new experiences and letting you skip stuff you really don't like.

"Try it, you might like it" is fine to tell an eight year old faced with moving up from the kid's menu. By the time you're 35 (average age of a gamer), you've figured out what you like and what you don't, and you spend your leisure time accordingly.

51 here, ranked played for first time last month. Wasn't as bad as led to believe. I tried it, didn't mind it. Same goes for PGG and trials.

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2019 9:56:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#1074 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2019 10:48:46 AM(UTC)
Wasn't as bad as led to believe. I tried it, didn't mind it.

"Wasn't as bad", "didn't mind it"? Such a glowing endorsement.
#1075 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2019 1:01:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
You guys are confusing me. Playground Games (PPG) is the developer. I see on guy saying PD which is Poliphony Digital, but the do the Gran Turismo games and PlayStation. I also see another saying PGL. What the hell is that supposed to be?

“Playground Games Limited is a British video game developer and based in Leamington Spa, England. It is known for developing the Forza Horizon series, which is part of the larger Forza franchise. In 2018, Playground Games became part of Microsoft Studios (now known as Xbox Game Studios).”

I use PGL to refer to the “Limited” in an attempt to avoid confusion between the studio and the game/event mode. I apologize for the confusion (which means I failed 😂 ...oops)

Edited by user Friday, April 12, 2019 1:03:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

51 Pages<<4142434445>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error