7 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 12:06:45 PM(UTC)
Glad they're adding more to the car pass, just kinda wished we had more unique cars in a pack instead of a pack that was already in fm7 tbh.
#27 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 12:13:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: bona8gamer34 Go to Quoted Post
Glad they're adding more to the car pass, just kinda wished we had more unique cars in a pack instead of a pack that was already in fm7 tbh.

Yes the car pass is a bonus!
 2 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 12:18:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Archie Tulip Go to Quoted Post
It was pretty interesting to hear that Rivals had more people playing than ever before. Love the Playlist

No matter how many people out there hate the playlist, I love it and you do too. I dont care to be at the top of the leaderboards on race routes or anything but I enjoy the rivals from time to time. No more freeroam which doesnt make me happy but the 30 seconds is a compromise. It probably should be 45 or 60 seconds but we'll see how that goes
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 4 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 12:36:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
It was pretty interesting to hear that Rivals had more people playing than ever before. Love the Playlist

No matter how many people out there hate the playlist, I love it and you do too. I dont care to be at the top of the leaderboards on race routes or anything but I enjoy the rivals from time to time. No more freeroam which doesnt make me happy but the 30 seconds is a compromise. It probably should be 45 or 60 seconds but we'll see how that goes

I'm thinking 30 seconds is enough time to get past the 1st corner pile up and leave the greifers behind but not too much time that it won't necessarily affect the outcome of the race. Definitely a welcome change.
 1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 12:46:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: chuteboxehero1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

I'm thinking 30 seconds is enough time to get past the 1st corner pile up and leave the greifers behind but not too much time that it won't necessarily affect the outcome of the race. Definitely a welcome change.

Agreed I love the idea. Its a start for sure. A guy said to me earlier, you never when the sanctioned races but you always win the freeroam. I can win races but its been an entire week since I played in a clean lobby. Anyway I guess he didnt make the correlation. Set route that everyone is forced to drive versus a destination that you can take whichever road that gets you there first. The freeroams I won 90+% of the time

#31 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 1:10:47 PM(UTC)
This is more like it adding the rare cars at 50%/seasonal champs is great for non gold and those with busy schedules (though I just wished it wasnt time gated) such as I and excited about the wheel spacers and car pack though was really hoping for the potential for props i.e walls and stuff to be added in route creator
 2 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 1:14:57 PM(UTC)
Most of the players will use that 30 sec ghost mode to wallride few corners to get better position. If you add previous "wallride fix" that slow you down when you hit wall for 30 sec it will work. If not then I guess nothing will change except all the mess from first corner will move to further turns. And btw. Boneshaker is OP
 5 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 1:20:55 PM(UTC)
Why didn't you just ADD 'B?' Having a tiny handful of cars ready juuuuust in case one particular type of course in a particular class comes up is ridiculous and wasteful when theres an army of cars still waiting for some purpose outside of a random one-off Rivals course. Just add B Class to ALL adventures and leave S2 in fully as well (S2 Class managed to survive Australia just fine, so all this pandering to that group is a load of hoo-ha). But this nonsense with sitting on a garage full of B, C, and D class vehicles is really starting to tick me off; stop wasting our time and add B and C to online adventures and open up full, open class Rivals; I am getting so BORED playing gladiator roller derby with clowns that dont give two figs about clean racing or learning how to tune past 'maxed upgrades.'

#OpenClassRivals #FreeBCDclasses

Edited by user Tuesday, April 9, 2019 8:15:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Content

Every train needs a caboose, right?
 4 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 1:27:53 PM(UTC)
I am very happy to see the playground games update. For me, this is the best update of them all.

As someone who quite liked the Freeroam Rush, I will miss those events. (But I fear I am very much in the minority)
#35 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 1:37:08 PM(UTC)
Overall, promising update

Quite disappointed they haven't acknowledged a single word regarding the poor induction/engine/exhaust sounds.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 1:43:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
I am very happy to see the playground games update. For me, this is the best update of them all.

As someone who quite liked the Freeroam Rush, I will miss those events. (But I fear I am very much in the minority)

Yeah we're certainly in the minority. I loved freeroam because its the one event I can participate in that I wasnt a rammers paradise. I would take an entirely different route than everyone else and i'd win it 90% of the time. I just like fair racing, non-collision racing. The 30 seconds will help but its not gonna fix the problem

#37 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 1:45:59 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
Why didn't you just ADD 'B?' Having a tiny handful of cars ready juuuuust in case one particular course in one particular class comes up is ridiculous and wasteful when theres an army of cars still waiting for a purpose outside of some random Rivals course. Just add B to all adventures, leave S2 alone as well. This nonsense with sitting on a garage full of B, C, and D class vehicles is really starting to tick me off; stop wasting our time and add B and C to online adventures and open up full, open class Rivals; I am getting so BORED playing gladiator roller derby with clowns that dont give two figs about clean racing or learning how to tune past 'maxed upgrades.'

Seconded.

And for the love of god, give us a public vote at the beginning of each adventure.
#38 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 1:46:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

New livery editor "Apply a Mask Shape" allows you to apply a shape that cuts through the previous layer.

I may have made an exultant noise.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
User is suspended until 2/17/2047 3:19:07 AM(UTC)
#39 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 1:52:25 PM(UTC)

not by choice.., only coz They were fishing with the right "bait"...
plus i (& probably many others) only played it once, to get it out the way
My Forza Timeline:
•FH3-Start my Forza Career
•FH2-My hunger for more Horizon
•FM5-Free with XB Live Gold
•FH4-End my Forza Career
•FM6-Free with XB Live Gold
#40 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 1:58:14 PM(UTC)
No audio fixes I see. :/ Suppose my 'band-aid' will have to do for the foreseeable future.
#41 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 2:10:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post

New livery editor "Apply a Mask Shape" allows you to apply a shape that cuts through the previous layer.

I may have made an exultant noise.

Called a cookie cutter, it will allow for perfect realism.
 2 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 2:16:21 PM(UTC)
Will we be able to choose between the types that do and don't include freeroam rush? I do miles better in the races than the rushes, so it makes no sense at all now for me to race anything other than road or street. So can we choose one or the other (I assume DaReoCharmer will make the opposite choice to me)?

The 30 seconds of ghosting will be "interesting". It means there will be a huge benefit to high power / low grip builds to power through the field at the start, then ram anyone who tries to overtake you.
#43 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 2:29:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Will we be able to choose between the types that do and don't include freeroam rush? I do miles better in the races than the rushes, so it makes no sense at all now for me to race anything other than road or street. So can we choose one or the other (I assume DaReoCharmer will make the opposite choice to me)?

The 30 seconds of ghosting will be "interesting". It means there will be a huge benefit to high power / low grip builds to power through the field at the start, then ram anyone who tries to overtake you.

LOL i'll still play street and cross country. I'll see how that 30 second window will work but I made that point a little earlier. It wont stop people from wrecking you in the middle or at the end of the race. I might try the dirt rooms that are B class but I have no interest any losing rank to people who slide along those walls. I may never go back to road and dirt rooms.

4 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 3:49:57 PM(UTC)
30 seconds is a lame compromise. The sloppiest "racing" happens in the first 30 seconds, but the dirtiest happens up front. People up front aren't expecting to get passed, but when they do ... I'll put it like this: Except for co op races, every time I've pulled up along side anyone's door to set up a pass at the next turn, I've received intentional contact. Every time. The community is 0 for at least 100. Real racing occurring in adventures is a fantasy that some people can't let go of. It doesn't exist here ... not even close. I wish we had real racing. I use the behind the wheel cam and respect lanes ... ya kinda have to in that view ... but, seriously, how often do you come across people respecting lanes in corners, even if they aren't trying to crash people? Be honest to yourself.

The root of this problem isn't in the game, it's the players. MP is a mosh pit, and this is a no violence for 30 seconds rule. What do you really expect to happen when the timer expires, peace or violence? None of the incentives have changed, so 75% of every race the experience will remain unchanged. All eliminating collisions for 30 seconds does is clean up the first 30 seconds ... and makes AWD even more dominant, and guarantees that no remedy for the driving hell that is multiplayer will come for at least some number more months.

If somebody was kicking me in the crotch while I watch TV, I wouldn't want them to go to only kicking me in the crotch 75% of time ... I'd want them to stop.

I do appreciate removing freeroam rush from asphalt adventures. That's just common sense. This 30 second thing aside, I'm glad PG has shown a willingness to make some common sense changes. I just wish that common sense would get applied to everything ... and applied before features are introduced, instead of after.
 1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 4:01:44 PM(UTC)

Wow, Playground just keep kicking goals every week.

Always great features that genuinely fit the game, great cars and content, real improvements each update, prompt response to community concerns and issues.

As a Motorsport player (out of loyalty) i'm jealous, Turn10 please to take note.

How is it playground can deliver such impressive content and updates within weeks, but Turn10 take months or years for comparatively simple issues.

Maybe Playground should develop the next Motorsport....
#46 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 4:18:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post

Miss? those events are still present in half the playlist, for dirt and cross country (to my disappointment), but they are still in the game.
Playing on PC with i5 2500k cpu, 16 gb ram and rx 470 4gb gpu on an Lg freesync 24" IPS display with the Xbox One Recon Tech controller.
 2 users liked this post.
#47 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 4:20:45 PM(UTC)
I actually enjoyed S2 dirt races in my Hoonigan RS200 and will be sad to see them go. The car is now redundant for online I guess as that's all it was good for.
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 4:38:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post
I actually enjoyed S2 dirt races in my Hoonigan RS200 and will be sad to see them go. The car is now redundant for online I guess as that's all it was good for.

good. the hooni200 was ridiculous with it's high horsepower and grippy dirt handling. I'm tired of seeing them and the TVR Speed 12 at the top of the leaderboard.
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 4:46:02 PM(UTC)
Big shout out to RetroKrystal for bringing up so many issues from the forums into the conversation this into the Horizon stream. I asked about bodykits 3 or 4 times during the course of the stream and she brought it up; Torben and Mike Brown revealed there will be new bodykits coming to the game in a couple months. Also was really digging Torben's Godzilla shirt.

Very excited for the changes coming to multiplayer, I've actively avoided it till now but with the updates I will have plenty of reasons to hop back in.

Cool to see Mercedes getting 3 new cars, Mercedes fans have been very vocal about the lack of newer cars and that GT 4-Door looks beastly.

Finally I am glad to see the 599xx Evo finally returning to Forza Horizon, one of my absolute all time favorite cars, overall great update!!!
#50 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2019 4:46:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FoxxiYossi Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

good. the hooni200 was ridiculous with it's high horsepower and grippy dirt handling. I'm tired of seeing them and the TVR Speed 12 at the top of the leaderboard.

There was nothing stopping you using one and getting to the top if it was that easy.

Edited by user Monday, April 8, 2019 4:47:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error