This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 6:51:07 AM(UTC)
Further more. Drifting should not be a "points" competition in the way Forza does it.

The real way to judge drifting is in community based competitions. The points system does not reflect real life drifting comps. So pay as little attention to the leader boards as possible as they are not a true reflection of drifting skill, when instead it is only how you can manipulate the scoring system best.

We now have Drone Mode when recording runs. This is a great way to have a run judged by your peers. Have 2 players face off in a section or road, and then have a few judges review the recording. Pretty awesome way to run competitions.
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 6:41:02 PM(UTC)
I have nothing against RWD drifting or Tandems, but the last two posts are an absolute riot. Cheating? Not how drifting really is? Yes, horizon 3's points angle is a bit ridiculous, but forza 4/5/6's optimal angle is easily hit in any half-decent drift tune of any drive type. There is no manipulation of the points system possible outside of actually running a points mod, which will get you banned. Making your car slide differently than a tandem tune is not cheating. Using drag tires is not cheating. 5 degrees toe out is not cheating. It is just different from what you do.
Ken Block invented drifting in a pink FWD Miata powered by a naturally-aspirated 5-rotor....
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 6:44:29 PM(UTC)
Furthermore, Ken Block invented drifting....
Ken Block invented drifting in a pink FWD Miata powered by a naturally-aspirated 5-rotor....
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 4:38:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: delta hx Go to Quoted Post
Furthermore, Ken Block invented drifting....

Just wanted to sign in and laugh at this post.
LOL

wait wait

LOOOOOOL
#55 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 6:22:46 AM(UTC)
I keep seeing terms like Tandem Drift Tune etc...I've never heard of these specific tunes. I enjoy drifting but I have always just tried to tune my own cars (read a few tips) but I feel like I'm missing a lot. Are their specific tunes for cars that people are using? I generally just build the car up with everything available, adjust camber and diff and go lol. Can anyone point me to the right direction to get these drift specific tunes?

Thanks in advance.
#56 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 1:51:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: I B00STED I Go to Quoted Post
I keep seeing terms like Tandem Drift Tune etc...I've never heard of these specific tunes. I enjoy drifting but I have always just tried to tune my own cars (read a few tips) but I feel like I'm missing a lot. Are their specific tunes for cars that people are using? I generally just build the car up with everything available, adjust camber and diff and go lol. Can anyone point me to the right direction to get these drift specific tunes?

Thanks in advance.

Most people on the forums run a tandem tune. Normally they use grippier tires for better speed, and really do achieve less angle than points tunes due to the nature of their tunes. They give you the best feeling of control, and can be driven hard and fast even when not drifting. Next you have points tunes which run large amounts of toe out both front and rear, and are able to hold crazy angles, but at the cost of speed. It doesn't look as cool from a quick glance, but it is hard to do right, and straight lines at high speed are not too fun until you get used to the swaying. Then you have gymkhana tunes that grip like crazy and have lots of front torque (50/50 split). Basically a rally car with a held-in handbrake, where the little meme "AWD isn't drifting" came from.

#57 Posted : Tuesday, November 1, 2016 4:25:57 PM(UTC)
I must agree with the evil AWD power slider on this one. I'm actually SO damn sick of hearing about this. Why on earth would they have a separate leaderboard, only reason I can think of is so that those who can't get a high score can feel better about themselves because "well I'm not cheating so..."
FORZA have made the drift zones applicable to ANY car, ANY drivetrain and ANY transmission. If they did make a separate leaderboard I can guarantee those of us up the top would still be up the top, AWD or not. If it's cheating or "easy" to use AWD then let's see everyone get in one and beat our scores.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, November 2, 2016 5:38:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: delta hx Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: I B00STED I Go to Quoted Post

Thanks in advance.

Most people on the forums run a tandem tune. Normally they use grippier tires for better speed, and really do achieve less angle than points tunes due to the nature of their tunes. They give you the best feeling of control, and can be driven hard and fast even when not drifting. Next you have points tunes which run large amounts of toe out both front and rear, and are able to hold crazy angles, but at the cost of speed. It doesn't look as cool from a quick glance, but it is hard to do right, and straight lines at high speed are not too fun until you get used to the swaying. Then you have gymkhana tunes that grip like crazy and have lots of front torque (50/50 split). Basically a rally car with a held-in handbrake, where the little meme "AWD isn't drifting" came from.

Thanks Delta,

So how do I find these tunes? Will they be listed under tunes as "points" or "tandem" tune names?
#59 Posted : Sunday, November 6, 2016 1:07:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CastleStyle23 Go to Quoted Post
I must agree with the evil AWD power slider on this one. I'm actually SO damn sick of hearing about this. Why on earth would they have a separate leaderboard, only reason I can think of is so that those who can't get a high score can feel better about themselves because "well I'm not cheating so..."
FORZA have made the drift zones applicable to ANY car, ANY drivetrain and ANY transmission. If they did make a separate leaderboard I can guarantee those of us up the top would still be up the top, AWD or not. If it's cheating or "easy" to use AWD then let's see everyone get in one and beat our scores.

Correct i get very similar points in rwd awd fwd #1st
#60 Posted : Tuesday, October 17, 2017 4:12:38 PM(UTC)
#61 Posted : Thursday, November 2, 2017 2:17:54 PM(UTC)
I cannot understand AWD drifting in this game, but I'm not surprised it's better when you have a fully adjustable 4-way diff with torque split compared to RWD.
R.I.P. 24 Heures du Mans

26/05/1923 - 17/06/2018
#62 Posted : Monday, April 1, 2019 9:20:52 PM(UTC)
old post but yes RWD and AWD should be seperate,

i have #1 and #2 spots on the boards for RWD on all tarmac zones

Youtube lostclouds101
3 Pages123Prev

Notification

Icon
Error