51 Pages<<3738394041>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#951 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 9:29:12 AM(UTC)
So i'll get it today or tomorrow, no biggie. I got to 80% last night and said ooohhhhhhh no
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#952 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 11:39:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: jtpenner4 Go to Quoted Post
I'm kinda bummed about 80% only cos it wasn't 80% from the start. Reaching 100% in autumn (and winter once the other dailies are active) wasn't an issue, but my summer progress is locked in at 76%. I only got to play two hours that Thursday; I didn't have any incentive to play past 50% at the time cos I knew I'd miss six daily challenges and never make it to 100%. Wish I had played the Showcase Remix now!

Oh well. Maybe the Porsche will show up again somewhere down the road.

Get qualified for ranked online adventure
Its worth 18% and will boost your summer score..unless you have already done it

Yeah, ranked adventure and rivals have been completed. There will be other chances eventually.
#953 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 4:58:51 PM(UTC)
So I'm trying to win the Hudson Hornet and I somehow managed to do everything except the Daily Challenges that aren't available yet, Online adventure, and The Trial event. However I'm only at 71%. Even after the Daily challenges, I will only be able to achieve 76%. It says I only need to finish 80% to earn the car. I finished ten out of thirteen events, that's already 76% of events, and when I finish the daily challenges it should be 84%. Before anyone suggests doing The Trial or the Online Adventure, I can't stand multiplayer racing because when the other players aren't already in first place they decide to hold a demolition derby at the starting line making it impossible for others to even have a chance at winning. Just make the percentages balanced rather than favor multiplayer events. Social hermits deserve a chance.
 2 users liked this post.
#954 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 5:40:48 PM(UTC)
The online adventure is worth 18% by itself, unfortunately it's not possible to reach even 80% without doing either online adventures or the trial.

I went ahead and did the online adventure myself since there's no requirement to win (you can park at the start line and wait out the race and it will still count) and it applies to all 4 weeks once you're ranked. Takes a lot of time though since you have to do 10 adventures to get ranked (and however many unranked adventures it takes to get to level 3).
 3 users liked this post.
#955 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 5:51:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Honor Virtus Go to Quoted Post
you don't have to do the chores ...
you 'll miss out on a car ? So what you, probably have hundreds, right? ... if you feel strongly - just play the way you want to - forget about the festival playlist

What happens when PG reviews the data after Series 7, decides they're still not happy with the engagement metrics, and looks for something else to rework to try to herd the player base into multiplayer?

"You are currently restricted to 1st through 4th gear. Play Online Adventure to unlock 5th and 6th gear!"

#956 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 5:54:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post

"You are currently restricted to 1st through 4th gear. Play Online Adventure to unlock 5th and 6th gear!"

The Koenigsegg Regera would suddenly become quite popular with its 1 gear.

Edited by user Friday, March 29, 2019 5:57:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#957 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 6:07:27 PM(UTC)
The online adventure is probably weighted so much due to it requiring more time/effort. Trials is generally a breeze unless you get a full roster where half the participants finish with zero points and remain in the game.

I find most often when 2 or 3 finish with no points, they quit, which makes winning so much easier.

Edited by user Friday, March 29, 2019 6:08:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#958 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 9:18:49 PM(UTC)
Do I need to qualify for all both for Ranked Racing AND Ranked adventure to be considered "complete" for the festival playlist? Finally slogged through some miserable MP and qualified for ranked racing but no change to my festival status.
 1 user liked this post.
#959 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 9:45:02 PM(UTC)
Did 100% of everything so far. Total for the month is 80% (but not really because no Capri). Some people were complaining there should be something given to those with 100% at the end of the seasons. I was thinking it could be a cash bonus of some kind, since it won't deprive others of cars or items they can't get otherwise. Personally I don't really care. My ocd requires me to get 100% if at all possible. lol
#960 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 11:48:56 PM(UTC)
The legit post of "Forza Week In Review" said this,

Winter in Forza Horizon 4
The Winter season has returned in Forza Horizon 4. That means a new Festival Playlist full of new events to take on in the game. Eagle-eyed players will notice that the Season and Series Reward requirements has been lowered from 100 percent to 80 percent after an update to the game this week from Playground Games. That same update also fixed some credit exploits related to using the Route Blueprint feature, among other changes. See the full Release Notes over on the Forza Support site for more.

Here's a thought. Instead of having the completion of the challenges for the season (Mostly aimed at the challenges that need Internet to complete.) have a set list of about 25-30 things people need to do that season. (i.e. Finish 3 Forzathon events, get 15 - 30 great drift skills, get 5 airborne passes, complete 5 dirt,road racing, cross country, and/or street racing series races etc, etc, etc)

This way the people that don't have good enough Internet to connect/stay connected to horizon 4 lobbies have a chance. Especially people like me who run off a hotspot, and if they don't have the setting to set their hotspot 5.0ghz (Xbox One Wi-Fi adapters are 802.11n, 802.11n runs best off of 5.0 fix signal.) then they are basically unable to participate in online. And even if they do, 98% of the time, teammates leave.

Don't lower the completion percentage, just makes the challenges to get 100% more obtainable.
#TeamTreefer Captain
Google+/WinkyNichols
Insta: SmashySmashyEggGuy
 2 users liked this post.
#961 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 12:42:03 AM(UTC)
Hi all,

just would like to share my opinion about forzathon games. It is very annoying to play games.

1. people dont know what to do
2. people are not using tunes
3. people are leaving game shortly after first round !!!

Third points is very very annoying. If 1-2 players leave the game, you have no chance to win and it is waste of time.

What about to change mission from WIN to COMPLETE?

People will play all 5 rounds and it will be more funny as do restart after first or second round depending on score.

Every week I spend lot of time just with compliting forzathon games. I hate current setup.

Trial is OK, 2-3 good players means, you can win...

Your opinion?
 1 user liked this post.
#962 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 5:35:39 AM(UTC)
Playground games is a 50/50 chance that you’ll get on a winning team. Still better than the odds of winning the Trial in my experience.
#963 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 5:57:08 AM(UTC)
So I just got 80% on the festival playlist( I have done literally everything it asks you to do except for the daily challenges that haven’t came out yet obviously) but it isn’t giving me the capri forza Edition. Anyone else having a similar issue? This game is a complete mess if I’m being honest
 1 user liked this post.
#964 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 6:26:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OddTrickStar Go to Quoted Post
Playground games is a 50/50 chance that you’ll get on a winning team. Still better than the odds of winning the Trial in my experience.

If you do the trial in the first few days then you have a good chance to be on a winning team. If you leave it to the second half of the week then the chance of success is close to zero as too many of the team can't beat a single drivatar.
#965 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 6:39:29 AM(UTC)
Whomever did the math for me yesterday, thank you. I just got my 80% and am driving around in my Capri FE!
#966 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 7:27:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tato 790709 Go to Quoted Post
3. people are leaving game shortly after first round !!!

Third points is very very annoying. If 1-2 players leave the game, you have no chance to win and it is waste of time.

What about to change mission from WIN to COMPLETE?

IMO It should absolutely be about completing the event, not winning. The current system is a good example of terrible, terrible, terrible design, that might look okay on paper but manages to suck out all the fun in the whole mode.

Most people play the games not because they want to play the games, but because they want the reward and the season completion. They need a victory, and they don't want to spend hours going for it. Five events is a pretty long set of games, especially if you're already down 3-0 and would still have to keep going, so it unfortunately makes perfect sense for the losing team to instantly quit, so that the winners get their reward and the losers themselves quickly get a new chance to go again - since winning a team effort is basically just about matchmaking luck. And it's a self-perpetuating cycle as well, since a bunch of people quitting from one team makes playing the rest of the events pointless and even more unfun.

Edit: Just to add for clarity's sake: I'm saying the above as someone who really doesn't hate the games at all. They can be great fun, but only if there's no pressure, and if the teams are fairly equal - at least in size, if not in skill. Which is exactly why it should be just about completion, so that everybody stays on board until the end, and the people who don't care for the games can move on, and the ones who like them can have extra goes and get a good experience instead of the broken chore that it currently is.

Edited by user Saturday, March 30, 2019 7:34:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#967 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 8:44:14 AM(UTC)
I agree that very often, players staying in the back are annoying. Nevertheless, I experienced only very few times having more than 1 parasite starting second race and finishing first allows to win despite it but I know many are not playing enough to consider this easy.

I would consider a good rule that if one player is not passing at least 1 drivatar during the race, he should be disqualified and not counted for the race score and sure disconnected. This would allow to remove all spectators that just expect you to complete the races and collect the rewards.
#968 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:10:45 AM(UTC)
I think the rivals section of the game should be considerably more expanded. The FM7 rival challenges are really good - getting into increasing top % on the leaderboard rewarding tiered prizes. rather than a monthly rival it should be weekly.
#969 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 9:55:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GCE Go to Quoted Post
I think the rivals section of the game should be considerably more expanded. The FM7 rival challenges are really good - getting into increasing top % on the leaderboard rewarding tiered prizes. rather than a monthly rival it should be weekly.

It is already a surprise rivals is there, only thing is it should be required to do a clean lap to complete it which I doubt. Rivals they totally screwed it but it is not the subject here.

1 user liked this post.
#970 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 1:44:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: decto Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OddTrickStar Go to Quoted Post

If you do the trial in the first few days then you have a good chance to be on a winning team. If you leave it to the second half of the week then the chance of success is close to zero as too many of the team can't beat a single drivatar.

I do the Trial on the first day. It usually takes 3-4 tries to win it. Only once has it been on the first try. This is with me always finishing in front of all of the drivatars each time except when some teammate crashes me off of the course or wide of a checkpoint.

The Playground Games has been one and done for me all three times that I’ve done them.

I stand by my experience of better odds to win a Playground than a Trial.

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#971 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 2:19:58 PM(UTC)
You can stand by it, but I'm usually 1 and done I'm trials, finishing 1st overall (sometimes that 50 point bonus is a game winner). Lotta pgg 1 and done, but a few aren't. So I'll stand by that
#972 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 3:16:45 PM(UTC)
You and I could finish 1st every time but if the rest aren’t scoring enough points it won’t matter. Sounds like you may be getting very lucky with your teammates. Better luck than me. Most players haven’t come prepared to win. I’m not the only one who has experienced this and spoken up on this forum about it.

This week’s Trial it wasn’t until the fourth attempt that anybody else even had a tuned car. The two of us won the last two races only because half of the four zero point getters quit in the first race. We could carry two but not more than that. Last week went the same way on the very first Trial that I entered. It’s the only time that it has happened. Every single other time it has taken multiple attempts to get at least 50% of good racers, including me, to carry the wins. I think some people look to be carried to be honest. They quit in the second race when it becomes obvious they aren’t going to win. You see them not even taking off at the start line.

Edited by user Saturday, March 30, 2019 3:39:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#973 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 3:43:20 PM(UTC)
In the trial, I'm on 14 team wins, 2 losses so far and I've been beating all the Drivertars in almost every race using a 4WD 4 1/4 Bentley though I have to defend somewhat on the second race due to the highway speed advantage some DT's have when people bring faster cars.

I did luck out and join a winning team first time on the Games this week and we won the first game quite easily which resulted in the other team starting to quit so it became a walk over. From previous experience, PG is a far bigger lottery, in the first few days you can get a win on the trial much easier as long as you can score good points for your team.
#974 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 4:20:08 PM(UTC)
The Bentley is the car to use this week. Using the same one and got passed on the long straights also before getting a winning team. The S2 last week is a much harder one to get a winning team but somehow managed it on the first try. The first time I did that Trial several weeks ago it was many more attempts. It was for the Mosler I think.

Not sure if they’re going to do another festival the week after next but i’ll do it again if the rewards are good. Still don’t care for the online adventures and Trials because I find the rammers and shovers beyond frustrating.
#975 Posted : Saturday, March 30, 2019 5:33:36 PM(UTC)
It is all the luck of the draw. In weeks 1 and 2 I got an outstanding team for trials (no thanks to my contribution, or lack there of... lol) on the first attempt and my team won.

This week, my first three attempts did not do well at all. In fact, in two of the three trials, our team finished in the bottom 5 places. On the fourth trial, I got a better team (aided by the fact that the worst two on our team quit after the first race). I also did much better myself, placing 5th, 6th and 4th which helped our team win.

I was a bit concerned, seeing as how it was Winter, but all in all, this was the easiest set of events for me of the three seasons so far. Probably the most difficult thing was getting a good draw on playgound games. The first 3 attempts was 6 on 5 (my team was the blue 5). After event 1 the team was down to either 4 or 3 players. I finally got a 6 on 6 match and my team won all but the 2nd event.

Edited by user Saturday, March 30, 2019 5:34:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

51 Pages<<3738394041>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error