51 Pages<<3233343536>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#826 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 8:20:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sly Indasky Go to Quoted Post

Are you kidding?

All I saw about this 100% completion issue were people complaining because :
- ' It's to difficult ! So it's not fair, I can't do it !!! ' (But I still want the rewards, give them away to me)
- ' I'm not playing every day because reasons! So it's not fair I can't do it !!! ' (But I still want the rewards so give them away to me)
- ' I don't like this or that so I won't even try so it's not fair I can't do it !!! ' (But I still want the rewards so give them away to me)
- Etc ...

The targets to get 100% are 'perfectly reasonable' to someone who's ready to get his fingers out of his @**

So I repeat what I already said : T10 and PG giving up because of whinners and crybabies is not 'cool', 'a good thing' or 'perfectly reasonable'. It's just pathetic and quite a negative message sent to all those not even hardcore players who did it achieving 100%.

"100% is perfectly reasonable" probably the best joke I heard even though I reached 100% last season.

2 users liked this post.
#827 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 9:26:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galaxie5002012 Go to Quoted Post
Two of this season's challenges were very tough for me. Finally got them done after a lot of work. Great challenges!

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "Blistering Speed" | Holyrood Park Circuit | S2 998 Hypercars, Reward: Super Wheelspin: This challenge I cannot win. Using the Porsche 918 I am coming in no better than 5th in Solo, Unbeatable. Is there any reason to try doing this Co-Op considering my solo finishes? The car seems solid/fast, my skills are lacking.

Use a different car. The Porsche is a beast to drive, and difficult to master. The Lambos do fairly well in this championship. LP700/Centenario, and the LP700 is what I used. Also, make a note of which tracks are in the championship and re-play exhibitions, or custom races on them until you're familiar with them. Knowing the tracks will help you immensely, and let you know when/where to brake so as not to get rammed into oblivion.

The problem with an S2 trial is that it's full of people who have no idea how to drive S2 cars. They can't handle the power, so every race becomes a crash fest. where you need eyes all around. It can sometimes help to play using the chase camera, so at least you know what's going on with the other cars a little better.
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
 1 user liked this post.
#828 Posted : Monday, March 25, 2019 11:36:58 PM(UTC)
In solo and in coop the AI scales with the cars. I compared my lp700 tune to the my 750SV tune around Holyrood last night. There was negligible difference in lap time, the SV felt more settled due to better downforce but it was far easier to beat the AI in the LP700 (S2 991) Vs 750SV (S2 998).

From the events I ran the Porsche and the Senna brought more challenging drivertars.

You don't need to win to get the event, if you can finish middle of the pack often that's enough.

In the second event, brake early and take the tight line through the inside check point on the initial 90deg corners. You can nearly always get from last to 1st by the time all the carnage happens in the corner. Then it's a drag race with a few tight corners at the end.

Edited by user Monday, March 25, 2019 11:38:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#829 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 1:17:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FM sheep Go to Quoted Post

Are you kidding?

- ' It's to difficult ! So it's not fair, I can't do it !!! ' (But I still want the rewards, give them away to me)
- ' I'm not playing every day because reasons! So it's not fair I can't do it !!! ' (But I still want the rewards so give them away to me)
- ' I don't like this or that so I won't even try so it's not fair I can't do it !!! ' (But I still want the rewards so give them away to me)
- Etc ...

The targets to get 100% are 'perfectly reasonable' to someone who's ready to get his fingers out of his @**

So I repeat what I already said : T10 and PG giving up because of whinners and crybabies is not 'cool', 'a good thing' or 'perfectly reasonable'. It's just pathetic and quite a negative message sent to all those not even hardcore players who did it achieving 100%.

"100% is perfectly reasonable" probably the best joke I heard even though I reached 100% last season.

That's not a joke, just a fact.

Other fact is that lowering target to 80% is just a lazy move by T10 & PG to buy social peace that can also be translated as ' You're right sweethearts. Don't even try to improve yourselves, we'll just make it easier for you '

And what's next step? People still whinning that 80% is still Mount Everest to climb? Then let's put it to 60% and so on? That's just despicable.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2019 5:54:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#830 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:37:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vaporisor Go to Quoted Post
It's not cool. It's a victory for whinners and crybabies. Pathetic.

Incorrect. The value was chosen and explained because there are people who dont do ranked for very valid reasons. The 80% was selected because that value still requires completion of a majority of tasks, but gives a mulligan to players to bypass an aspect of play they do not enjoy as well as prevents completely missing out from forgetting one daily.

It is a perfectly reasonable decision to maintain player involvement in events without creating a negative play experience. The positivity and lower stressing by not having to do everything is already being seen in the discord with more players asking for tips and convoys to help complete stuff they dont dislike, but perhaps arent skilled on. Also more willing to try stuff and ask tip for things not so good at since it isnt going to completely block them from the car if cannot get it with available play time.

t.

Are you kidding?

- Etc ...

And what about the people that don't have Xbox Live Gold for various reasons and cannot do the multiplayer events? Is it 'perfectly reasonable' for them to have to achieve 100% as well? Or the people that were getting disconnected from team adventure, due to a bug in the game, so they cannot achieve 100% either, even if they tried? Is it 'perfectly reasonable' for them?

They are not giving up due to 'whiners and crybabies,' they are making it more reasonable for people who are unable to get 100% due to other issues. It's more of a positive message that PG is listening to their players concerns and making a change, which is something they need to show they are doing more often.

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#831 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:58:49 AM(UTC)
They didn't actually lower it to a point where Xbox live wouldn't be needed. At 80% you can skipp ranked adventures (online), and two dailies. Or you can do ranked adventure and skip PGG and trials(I don't know what their percentage is, but I'll assume it 10% or less each, but both are online).

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2019 3:59:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#832 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 4:07:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
They didn't actually lower it to a point where Xbox live wouldn't be needed. At 80% you can skipp ranked adventures (online), and two dailies. Or you can do ranked adventure and skip PGG and trials(I don't know what their percentage is, but I'll assume it 10% or less each, but both are online).

No, not quite, and may be it needs to be tweaked a bit more so the multiplayer items don't count as much towards completion. I think both of them are 7%, but I could be mistaken. IMO, solo championships and FT challenges should be weighted more simply because they don't have to rely on other people, which can have a negative impact on your success regardless of your own skill level.
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.

#833 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 4:32:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

No, not quite, and may be it needs to be tweaked a bit more so the multiplayer items don't count as much towards completion. I think both of them are 7%, but I could be mistaken. IMO, solo championships and FT challenges should be weighted more simply because they don't have to rely on other people, which can have a negative impact on your success regardless of your own skill level.
You can only get 70% without doing any of the Online events, I know as I tried it last week. But it's all mute for me now as I can't get anywhere near it for a few weeks as I have had some hand surgery and can't grip the wheel well enough to compete against the Expert level in the S1. So I give up for the next few weeks.

1 user liked this post.
#834 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 5:11:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post

You can only get 70% without doing any of the Online events, I know as I tried it last week. But it's all mute for me now as I can't get anywhere near it for a few weeks as I have had some hand surgery and can't grip the wheel well enough to compete against the Expert level in the S1. So I give up for the next few weeks.

Which goes well with my argument for making solo events weighing more, for example, if the multiplayer events were weighted at 5% and that extra 2% was put towards solo events, it would make it so at least 75% of the playlist could be done offline, I think.

With a few more tweaks, the playlist would be much better than the current system.

#835 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 5:53:44 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vaporisor Go to Quoted Post
It's not cool. It's a victory for whinners and crybabies. Pathetic.

Incorrect. The value was chosen and explained because there are people who dont do ranked for very valid reasons. The 80% was selected because that value still requires completion of a majority of tasks, but gives a mulligan to players to bypass an aspect of play they do not enjoy as well as prevents completely missing out from forgetting one daily.

It is a perfectly reasonable decision to maintain player involvement in events without creating a negative play experience. The positivity and lower stressing by not having to do everything is already being seen in the discord with more players asking for tips and convoys to help complete stuff they dont dislike, but perhaps arent skilled on. Also more willing to try stuff and ask tip for things not so good at since it isnt going to completely block them from the car if cannot get it with available play time.

t.

Are you kidding?

- Etc ...

And what about the people that don't have Xbox Live Gold for various reasons and cannot do the multiplayer events? Is it 'perfectly reasonable' for them to have to achieve 100% as well? Or the people that were getting disconnected from team adventure, due to a bug in the game, so they cannot achieve 100% either, even if they tried? Is it 'perfectly reasonable' for them?

They are not giving up due to 'whiners and crybabies,' they are making it more reasonable for people who are unable to get 100% due to other issues. It's more of a positive message that PG is listening to their players concerns and making a change, which is something they need to show they are doing more often.

You're expressing typical SJW dialectic. You're just disqualilfying yourself...

People can afford paying for the console, then for the game but can't for the XBL? Too bad... Go play Tic-Tac-Toe, it's far cheaper.

Do you think players having reach 100% didn't experienced connection issues? Here's a scoop, they have.

A bug denying to players the opportunity to achieve 100% would have affected 100% of players trying to. Guess what, such a bug doesn't exist as many of us actually reached 100%.

What's positive in the message sent by PG? ' You can't reach a target an average player can in an afternoon ? Ok, poor you, let me take you on my back and do 20% of the path for you' Is that your idea of a positive message?
#836 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 5:59:36 AM(UTC)

Hi Stang,

So in your maths, solo events count for 93% and you think it may be not enough? Did I miss something?
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#837 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:00:02 AM(UTC)
Following feedback, we have now reduced the 100% completion to 80%.

This enables players to still receive all the rewards even if you don't want to go online (Rivals and Online Adventure) alongside if a player misses a few dailies, there is still a chance for the rewards.
If you got over 80% in Summer) - You will still receive the Porsche.

The update will roll out later today.

You can see the release notes stating this here.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:28:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#838 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:13:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: decto Go to Quoted Post
In the second event, brake early and take the tight line through the inside check point on the initial 90deg corners. You can nearly always get from last to 1st by the time all the carnage happens in the corner. Then it's a drag race with a few tight corners at the end.

The only problem I've found with doing that is you can get punted into a building, so that has made me wary of taking too tight a line when there's lots of cars outside me that are likely to head for the apex and ram me into a building. The drivatars in isolation won't generally do it, the problem is if another human collides with a drivatar and causes it to collide with you. I got punted outside a checkpoint in the first race by exactly that happening.

I wanted to use something a bit different, so used the Lykan Hypersport, but without the Racing V12 engine swap. It came in at around 985 PI as a result, but my testing said it was faster like that than at 998 with the Racing V12, due to the shape of the power curve. It was easily fast enough to beat all the unbeatable drivatars. I haven't shared it as I assumed people would just dismiss a 985 S2 tune as obviously worse than a 998 tune.
 1 user liked this post.
#839 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:23:35 AM(UTC)
I've about stopped playing FH4 with the new play list. I have a life outside of games and after taking time off to live my life, it is hard getting back to the level I was at. I see youtubers who do nothing but play race car games for their channel and they are taking some time to complete the 50% and I take much more since my job is not playing games. It seems like the AI is harder or I just got that bad. I have just about given up playing FH4 due to the frustration of knowing that if I want some new car, I have to grind away far longer than I have time for. Then I shut the game down all together. The play list really brings out the arcade aspect to FH4. Sometimes it's just luck or lack of to get first place because the races are so short. With 3 laps its about getting to the front as fast as possible. With some its not hitting a rock or hill when you come off a jump. "After a while you just say F this **** . I'm going to go play outside." or play a real simulator. RIP FH4.
#840 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:24:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
This enables those without Xbox Gold to still receive all the rewards

This must mean individual progress percentages have been reviewed, right? As it has been brought up on this topic, just doing the non live gold items adds up to 70% pre patch.

User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#841 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:28:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: oscarolim Go to Quoted Post

This must mean individual progress percentages have been reviewed, right? As it has been brought up on this topic, just doing the non live gold items adds up to 70% pre patch.

Apologies, you are correct and thats a mistake on my part. I've edited my above post accordingly.
#842 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:40:43 AM(UTC)

Apologies, you are correct and thats a mistake on my part. I've edited my above post accordingly.

Is there a plan to accommodate those users without Xbox Live Gold?

#843 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:41:05 AM(UTC)
well ... I was going to give the playground game amiss this week ... but after generally tossing around in a Morris Minor on the drift zone I thought I would give it just 1 go...

I was in a team of 5 (reds) the blues were a team of 4 ... OK this could go well for me
1st event King I was top (that never happens!) ... Reds win ...
2nd event now 5v3 ... red win
3rd event now 5v1 ... red win ...

you can see where this is going?

reds win 5-0 ... the solo blue held out for 3 events on his own

anyway it was a walk in the (muddy) park so all I have left for 100% is 2 dailies
#844 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:44:54 AM(UTC)
I wish I had your luck last night. My team was winning in the first set of games I played and then they went stupid...

Second team was just horrible overall and let the ONE slowed down player in King drive around the edge of them map by himself, while the rest of them got caught up in the cluster in the center passing king back and forth to the other team....

#845 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:51:25 AM(UTC)
And therein lies the problem ... you are totally at the mercy of the matchmaking and the team you are in ... if I was a blue in the above example I would have left and not bothered again this season
 2 users liked this post.
#846 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 7:19:41 AM(UTC)

Play on PC.

Or if on console and you want to play MP, buy Gold. It's how Xbox has worked for 15 years.
 2 users liked this post.
#847 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 7:28:05 AM(UTC)
Hi,

Originally Posted by: OxOBADCODE Go to Quoted Post

It seems like the AI is harder or I just got that bad. I have just about given up playing FH4 due to the frustration of knowing that if I want some new car, I have to grind away far longer than I have time for.

Same here.
I think, the AI is much harder than it used to be.
Even when i'm driving at full speed and a higher PI than the drivatars at "expert" level, one of them will take me over with a significant higher speed than my car.
Changing Cars didn't help.
Most of the time i am only able to finish 3rd or 4th after 3 races, where i was able to always finish first place a few weeks ago before the Festival Playlist updates.
#848 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:09:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FullNietzsche Go to Quoted Post

Play on PC.

Or if on console and you want to play MP, buy Gold. It's how Xbox has worked for 15 years.

You're right but....

Play on PC, all you gotta but from Microsoft is an OS. Play on Xbox, well, the console costs more than the OS, yet still requires purchase of gold.

No big deal to me, I'm set for gold through 2022, have enough rewards points right now that I could get 3 more years free(how I've extended my gold account out so long as it is).

Just doesn't seem right to give it free for one group and not the other.
#849 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:11:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post

No worries Mike! I've got triple of all cars offered, one of each with your name on them😁
#850 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2019 8:18:47 AM(UTC)

I am confused now, more than I have ever been. Do you mean that now we can reach the goal without any online? NO trial, PGG and Ranked?

51 Pages<<3233343536>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error