This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
47 Pages<<454647Prev
#1151 Posted : Monday, January 2, 2017 5:58:52 AM(UTC)
Big thanks for the information, it makes all the sense in the world, especially Pedal Calibration, but my only issue is why does my front tires over heat so easily when using my Thrustmaster TX, but never happens when I use my Non-Force Feedback Thrustmaster 458 Spider Wheel?

Thanks Again!!!
Race your best lap time, And NOT the Cars ahead or behind you, pass only if you can cleanly, and never block.
#1152 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2017 10:48:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VoodooUomo Go to Quoted Post
I will prepare another post that talks a bit more about the forces we apply to the wheel (the force feedback portion) and how that works. In the mean time, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about steering wheels and Forza and will try to amend this post with answers to frequently asked questions.

Did he ever post part 2? I am curious about some of that, although I think my questions might be more about "vibration" than "force feedback."
#1153 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2017 12:16:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: stabbim Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VoodooUomo Go to Quoted Post
I will prepare another post that talks a bit more about the forces we apply to the wheel (the force feedback portion) and how that works. In the mean time, I'm happy to answer any questions you may have about steering wheels and Forza and will try to amend this post with answers to frequently asked questions.

Did he ever post part 2? I am curious about some of that, although I think my questions might be more about "vibration" than "force feedback."

No he quit or got fired.
#1154 Posted : Wednesday, January 18, 2017 9:35:34 AM(UTC)
Thinking of getting the Fanatec CSL Elite wheel. Plan to add a playseat also what put it just over $1k, guys who have this wheel is the new Fanatec CSL Elite wheel worth it? Also can you use a headset to plug into it? Just want to hear some feedback from people with this newest Fanatec playing Forza 6. Thx fellas!
#1155 Posted : Tuesday, January 24, 2017 9:55:03 AM(UTC)
I wish my old 360 speed wheel worked with xbox one!!!!!!!
OR YOU MADE A NEW VERSION FOR XBOX ONE!!!!!
Don't like the idea of having to buy a $1000 set up to do what the 360 Speed Wheel did for $70
keeping my old 360 to run forza 4
WHAT A WASTE
I LIKED THE 360 SPEED WHEEL
PUT ME IN THE CAR
#1156 Posted : Friday, February 10, 2017 10:48:16 AM(UTC)
I'd like to say thanks for the update that fixed wheel use in FM6. Not sure when it happened but at last!!

Previously moved onto Assetto Corsa and Project Cars to make use of my G920 setup.

Just three questions -
What would be ideal deadzone for clutch? I cant figure out a happy medium as the pedal doesn't react in a natural way.

If I'm using manual with clutch for cars with more than 6 speeds how can I utilise the extra gears? Assetto Corsa uses a clever technique of switching controls between flappy paddles and stick to reflect car being used on track.

Do T10 intend on allowing additional screens? Project cars I use an ipad for gears/revs, laptop for laptimes, my phone for pitcrew and a tablet for mechanical data....yeah a bit overkill but why not!!

Thanks
Drop by HLR home site/forums - HLR Home
#1157 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:06:55 PM(UTC)
I Have the TX 458 wheel. Wheel OK, but the brake pedal - AWFUL! No resistance at all and no matter where the deadzone is set, when it reaches the brake point, wheels lock up constantly. I've tried every setting offered. any ideas??
#1158 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 12:37:03 PM(UTC)
Sounds odd! How does it look like from telemetry-does brake power jump up sudden or gradually as u press the pedal? Have u tried to update with pc?
#1159 Posted : Thursday, March 2, 2017 2:51:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IYAMGT4U Go to Quoted Post
I Have the TX 458 wheel. Wheel OK, but the brake pedal - AWFUL! No resistance at all and no matter where the deadzone is set, when it reaches the brake point, wheels lock up constantly. I've tried every setting offered. any ideas??

Some suggestions
Like ftr rontikainen said make sure your wheel is properly updated
When you first turn on your wheel push the pedals all the way down, that calibrates them. It has to be done every time you turn on the wheel unless you leave it plugged into the wall.
Make deadzones 0-100 (should be default)
Learn to adjust your braking pressure, almost every car locks up at around 80%
Put a piece of foam or something to make a brake mod so the pedal wont go past 80% or makes it hard to do so
Use abs
Tune the brake pressure in the tuning menu
Buy new pedals because those arent great, id reccomend the t3pa pros, but the t3pa's are fine, both can be fitted with a real brake mod like the conical rubber one. The t3pa pros come with them i dunno about the t3pa's.
#1160 Posted : Friday, March 3, 2017 9:04:12 AM(UTC)
When I got my second set of TX wheel, I had problem with gas pedal. There was an actual deadzone that could not been handeled with adjusting in game deadzone. I had to push the pedal 1/3 after it started to give gas/shown in telemer bar. Calibration couldn't fix this. What I had to do, was to open the pedal system and adjust the cogwheel so that gas is on imideadly when I push the pedal. Same manouver is possible to do with brake. But first you have look how your pedal is working by telemetrics. Ofcourse it is unexeptable to have these kind of problems with quite expensive gadgets...
#1161 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:14:58 AM(UTC)
Thats a really helpful guide but I think the biggest problem issn't the wheel to choose or the right wheel settings
but after 10 years Turn 10 still hasn't managed to turn forza away from being an "oversteering simulator"
and please don't get me wrong on this I like the forza series but I never had a feeling of trust in the cars.
That has been my biggest issue for years now and its not getting much better.

Obviously I don't want a "glued to the racetrack simulator" but there has to be a balance somewhere.
 1 user liked this post.
#1162 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 5:14:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Berserk187 Go to Quoted Post
Thats a really helpful guide but I think the biggest problem issn't the wheel to choose or the right wheel settings
but after 10 years Turn 10 still hasn't managed to turn forza away from being an "oversteering simulator"
and please don't get me wrong on this I like the forza series but I never had a feeling of trust in the cars.
That has been my biggest issue for years now and its not getting much better.

Obviously I don't want a "glued to the racetrack simulator" but there has to be a balance somewhere.

Your opening was spot on, until the "oversteer simulatot" part. Imo its not so much as there is an unbalance towards oversteer, I find the balance rather good, but there is a lack of important feedback through the wheel that makes oversteer a bit of a problem if your not a custom to the que's you have to use in forza
 1 user liked this post.
#1163 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2017 10:38:17 AM(UTC)
Hi all,

I have came back to the game console after a 20 year gap :)
So clearly no expert, I was blown away by the graphics improvement... my ps 1 of the 90s to the xbox one santa brought last christmas. My point I was very frustrated with the wheel, I have G920 mounted on a racing sim rig. I now love it in both horizion 3, but mainly in FM6. I searched for tunes to add to the settings advice on here with no joy. I now have some tunes that work well and have shared half a dozen on FM6. Hope they help others new to the fantastic world of wheel use.

Edited by user Saturday, May 6, 2017 11:38:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1164 Posted : Tuesday, May 2, 2017 4:39:28 PM(UTC)
Ok what gives? First off I jave a thrustmaster tx. I started playing Assetto Corsa for a lil bit and wanted to try Forza6 a little again and the steering wheel calibration is waaay off. If I just barely turn left or right, the steering goes lock to lock at just a few degrees of rotation. I tried adjusting it in the menu to the max of 900 deg. And tried changing it on my wheel, but to no avail. Did I miss something? Before I went to Assetto Corsa everything was working just fine. Note: assetto corsa has no issues with the wheel. Thanks for your help.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 2, 2017 4:42:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1165 Posted : Saturday, August 12, 2017 6:44:37 AM(UTC)
Anyone here uses the Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4 with the CSL Steering Wheel P1 for xbox one?

According to their site the p1 rim makes the csl compatible with the xb1, but I want to make sure it works with forza 6 and 7 before I buy it.
#1166 Posted : Friday, December 8, 2017 11:06:28 PM(UTC)
It does work....
#1167 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 7:56:53 AM(UTC)
new user here. for connecting Thrustmaster tmx to xbox one s = it's connected, so to turn off, do I un-plug power cable & pedal cable? to turn 0n, connect power cable first, then pedal cable and as the wheel spins, I press hard on the brake pedal x 3 ? is this correct ? ( do I have to be in a rush to press pedal or is it ok to press it after wheel stops spinning?
#1168 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 8:22:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RacerJack77 Go to Quoted Post
new user here. for connecting Thrustmaster tmx to xbox one s = it's connected, so to turn off, do I un-plug power cable & pedal cable? to turn 0n, connect power cable first, then pedal cable and as the wheel spins, I press hard on the brake pedal x 3 ? is this correct ? ( do I have to be in a rush to press pedal or is it ok to press it after wheel stops spinning?

I never disconnect the pedal cable, my procedure is to connect the usb cable(wheel) to start the xbox , then I press all the pedals x3 one at a time. Then I sign in. I think just as long as you calibrate the pedals(by press them) before you actually race with them you should be fine. When I shut things down I always wait until the fan stops in my TX before I shut the xbox down an disconnect the usb cable.

Thrustmaster TX on a homemade wooden frame on Xbox one

40" Samsung TV on a Slider to adjust for using dash view

#1169 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 6:59:27 AM(UTC)
I hope to be buying my first racing wheel soon for XBOX, I was wondering what is a good starter wheel for someone who is a complete noob to using racing wheels? do you have any tips and tricks for a successful calibration and what can i do besides practice to get better with my wheel?
47 Pages<<454647Prev

Notification

Icon
Error