This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
51 Pages123>>Next
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 17 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:10:57 AM(UTC)
Challenges are inherently designed not to be completed by everyone. This is not really new to video games or even the real world. In Final Fantasy you need heavy grinds for the best weapons, in WoW you need tedious raids, lots of them to earn all the gear for your character, in Olympics, you need to be one of the best to receive a medal, hell even in your job you need to work to receive your money.

Challenges are good, they require us to get better at something or invest heavily to set us apart from other players. The harder the challenge, the better the feeling when you collect the reward. If this is easily done, it is not a challenge and in the very end, everyone will have the challenge done.

Now we will get the challenge to 100% a part of the game to get one car, ONE CAR. This is not even exclusive to the challenge, you can get the car in the AH as well.

To get the car, you need the following:

All four stages of the weekly challenge.
Seven Dailies (takes about 5 min max, some are really done so easily, that most of the time you will get them without even aiming for them)
Co-op Trial (takes longer, but I have played all Co-Op trials but one and I rarely needed more than 1 try to get the item... with great rewards like the Mosler, I even put in a lot of runs to carry other guys to get the car.... this is a challenge, I agree, but it is not bad for the game)
Showcase Remix (not played the remix yet, but the showcases themselves all have been easy, even on highest difficulty)
Playground Games (I dislike this heavily, but it is teambased up till now, so should not be that hard to get)
Three above three star PR stunts (takes me usually 1-3 tries and is done in 5 minutes)
Three seasonal races (if you have a problem with that, I don't know what to say)
Monthly Rivals (you need to put in one clean run, which takes 5 mins max)
Ranked Team adventure (the only huge time investment, but honestly, they are about to re-design it, maybe it is fun without freeroam rush and with higher popularity)

Every Thursday when season changes, I need about 2 hours to get everything done and I don't even rush it. There is tuning and trying out cars involved so it might be doable in an hour. This is not impossible to achieve, hell, 70% of the stuff that is needed is something you will do anyway if you play the game.

I for one don't like ranked team adventure and playground games and now comes the best part: If I decide for myself that it is not worth it, I WON'T GET THE CAR. It is one simple car, there are 600 others to play with.

Honestly it sounds like we whine at every single challenge that comes along. Watch the commercial about the adaptive controller from Microsoft and what the partially disabled kids say: "they are video games and video games are supposed to be a challenge". If you can play once every 2-3 days for 2 hours, you can easily finish this challenge, EASILY. And if you cannot, because you don't have the skill or the time, well, that is tough luck, because you just failed a challenge and not everyone is supposed to ace it. And you miss out on ONE reward that is buyable in the auction house. Ooooh, it will be 20 million you say and this is a lot of credits... yeah, I dislike the system as well, but the Capri FE is a very rare car and it would not be if everyone would have one.
The Capri FE is not even a very good car. I would somehow understand if the situation would be like the Bone Shaker which is the best car in many divisions, but it is not. you miss out on one car out of 600. So please, for the love of challenges or racing, please don't make it look like such a big deal. It makes you look bad and takes away challenges from everyone else.

It is a whole other ballgame though, if you criticize one or 2 of the challenges. For example, qualifying for the ranked team adventure is a huge time investment, especially because you need several tries to get into one and when you finally enter the competition, it is about 20 minutes in one run. For me personally, this is annoying and maybe more of an investment that I am willing to do, but then I will not have the Capri FE and this is ok for me. Working out problems with one part of the challenge is needed in case there are some.

If you are a completionist and think your life is over, because you cannot get that one car, that is a whole other dimension of problems. I am a completionist myself and I hate to miss out, but I would not deny challenges for a whole community just to fullfill my desires. Instead of lowering the bar, raise yours. If you want the car that much, put in the effort.

If anyone lacks skills, please make sure to contact me, I will help you to become better. I had lots of people showing and teaching me how to race so I really want to help everyone to become better as well (granted I am not a top 100 driver or e-sports material). If you need me in co-op trials, message me, I will join your party and we can do it together.

But do not take challenges out of games, just because you are frustrated when you feel you might miss the reward. Especially this is not even out and you did not try it once.

Last but not least and I say this out of experience: Turn10 and PG will probably make the car/cosmetic/challenge reward available again and again. Maybe in other challenges, maybe they make it easy to get later on. This has been the case with challenges and their rewards in FM (bounty rivals, which sometimes really require a lot of skills to compete in).

But this is just, you know, my opinion, man ;)

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2019 6:58:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: S-Class Racing License
 17 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 2:26:40 AM(UTC)
Quote:
The harder the challenge, the better the feeling when you collect the reward.


The harder the challenge, the more irritating it is. It doesn't make the reward feel better. On the contrary, the more difficult (or simply tedious) it is, the more likely one is to weigh the worth of the reward against it and decide it's not worth the trouble.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 15 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 3:10:14 AM(UTC)
Well this is not even a challenge, it's more PG telling "you need to play game this way" what is totally opposite what they say abaout FH4 before launch where they say you can play game anyway you like it. In this game is totally opposite of that and many elements lack totally of player choises. Im totally fine in challenges but what i dislike is PG attitude to ignore everything what community has been say so far there is been lots of talk allready how people dislike how you are forced to multiplayer if you want to get all cars and PG response for that is just add more exclusive cars behind multiplayer and now it's not anymore "do this trial if you want to win this car" now you need to do everything to be able to get that car.

Weekly challenge, really boring where game tell you exatcly what you need to do, while it's also been buggy when people have drive hours and not get "drive 10 miles" in that time. And even those challenges are totally mess up when you have things like driving XJ220 in dirt because they have been lazy to do their research.

Daily challenges, this should not be part of 100% completion, if you cant play in 3 days you right away miss change to get that week exclusive car and how many is able to play that regualary that in 28 day period time they dont even once be away more than 71 hours?

co-op trial, bad multiplayer with luck aspect to find good enough team to get win (allready first part that lock away all those players that cant do multiplayer to getting exclusive cars)

Showcase remix, maybe PG know allready that people are not gonna do this when wheelspin is only reward, scripted race that we have allready done, in warthog showcase only difference is driving winter instead of summer.

Playground games, worst game mode becomes now "must do" while having really bad rewards and also having luck aspect to game putting you in better team i cant say nothing good abaout this being weekly thing.

Pr stunts, im sure many casual players will struggle some of these and when it come drifting well i think there is been lots of talking allready how some peoples dislike drifting.

Seasonal championships, if you are not good enough to beat expert drivatars you are gonna miss exclusive cars i wonder how big fan casual players are on this system.

Monthly rival, is been really unpopular so PG deside everyone has to do it.

And ranked adventure, Instead of making good multiplayer to get people playing it they just make it so people need to play it to get exclusive cars how abaout PG fixing multiplayer first before trying to force people to spent time in that wallriding crash fiesta.

And buying these exclusive cars in AH is really bad argument, how many after all this effort to get that car want to sell it for few credits? even cars that you get by winning seasonal championship are not that easy to find even with duplicate glitch, so without that glitch are overall mutch harder requiments to get car i bet those new exclusive cars are really hard to find in AH.

I dont know why you even say that FE capri is not good car, it's funny that car that is not good is top of leaderboard in rivals (moorhead rival event there is guy in 3rd place with capri and im at 16th place by using capri)

This new system is not out yet but i dont need even try it to know that this screw over many peoples who wants get cars like M3 GTR. Instead of having exclusive cars at 100% reward if there would be huge amount of credits or excepensive autoshow cars that system would be mutch better in that way you get rewarded if you do everything and dont miss exclusive cars if dont want or cant do all the stuff every single week.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 5:40:10 AM(UTC)
I get where you're coming from, and it seems there's a lot of kvetching on this board every week about the challenges, and whether they're fair or not. And it's a valid argument. I'm not a completionist. There is a very small subset of in-game items that I actually want, and the rest I can take it or leave it. There are a lot of cars that I wouldn't even know I was missing out on if it weren't for the car enthusiasts getting all excited when one is put up as a prize. I've missed challenges in the past, and I'm probably going to miss some this week. I'm not going to get the Tetris 99 Maximus cup either. And I'm not going to sweat it, because there are more important things going on in my life than a dumb video game.

On the other hand, I'm not a huge fan of being 'compelled' (I won't say forced, because it's not like we're handcuffed to a pipe with a controller duct taped to our hand and a hack saw just slightly out of reach) to play multiplayer events for these prizes. There are any number of reasons why somebody would be unable or unwilling to go online to unlock these items. ranging from broadband availability in some regions, to willingness to deal with online toxicity. There have been a couple of threads discussing whether it's fair to people with certain disabilities, and maybe there's an argument to me made for that. And if somebody is unable to get a particular prize for reasons other than pure skill, I get it. I think the main thing people are asking for is for some of these rare and highly coveted items to be available in single player by some means. (other than the auction house)

And I think part of it stems from the origins of the game as a primarily single player open world experience with online optional. The first 3 Horizon games were primarily single player, with optional multiplayer. There were the occasional online Forzathon challenges in FH3, but most of those were one-and-done, participation only, and the in-game prize was fungible, and not everybody's favorite exclusive '69 McGuffin GT-R FE that was like greased lightning on tarmac, and consistently held top spot on all the danger signs with it's ability to turn into a jet plane. Now we're in the waning days of FH3, FH4 is the de-facto release, and the devs seem to want everyone online all the time MMO-style, when a fair portion of the player base is quite content with single player.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 22 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 5:56:48 AM(UTC)
I've checked that GT Sport doesn't have any of this nonsense, and it doesn't, so I will be buying a PS4 and GT Sport.

It is posts like the OP that have driven me to this. If the players were united in their opposition, there would be hope for getting PG to change, but when so many players are willing to spend so much time defending them, there's no hope.

At their heart, the Xbox One X and FH4 destroy the competition. The console is so much better than the PS4, and backwards compatibility was a major reason why I bought it over the PS4. The fundamentals of FH4 are great - the graphics, the map, the race route design, the physics, the PI system. None of it NEEDS to be ruined with time-limited content, but they're choosing to have that on top of it all, and for me, it's simply too large a negative, it outweighs everything else added together. I want a game, not a boat anchor weighing me down all the time.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 6:20:29 AM(UTC)
I know another game where people have to do things they don't like if the want to be rewarded. Real Life™
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 8 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 6:40:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Archie Tulip Go to Quoted Post
I know another game where people have to do things they don't like if the want to be rewarded. Real Life™

In real life I get paid for doing that stuff. PG aren't paying me for doing their unpaid work. And we literally are doing unpaid work. Someone, somewhere, will be getting real world money in return for the metrics we're improving.
Rank: Racing Permit
 11 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 6:47:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Archie Tulip Go to Quoted Post
I know another game where people have to do things they don't like if the want to be rewarded. Real Life™


That's it! But wasn't games initially created to help us to be distracted from real life routine, and not adding a virtual routine?

IMO, this kind of reward system is nothing but another routine work you don't like to do. And even with the deadline. I'm not sure if this is what Forza players want to care about after daily routine.

Edited by user Sunday, March 10, 2019 6:52:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 6:53:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Archie Tulip Go to Quoted Post
I know another game where people have to do things they don't like if the want to be rewarded. Real Life™


It's a video game. If I didn't like it, I wouldn't play it. I can't not play Real Life™. That's called Death™. And I've heard the user experience is somewhat non-existent.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 6:54:30 AM(UTC)
Alternative is to do nothing and get everything. A lot of people actually want that but it's not for me!
Rank: Racing Permit
 10 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 6:58:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Archie Tulip Go to Quoted Post
Alternative is to do nothing and get everything. A lot of people actually want that but it's not for me!


Nobody here want to do nothing and get everything in Forza. We're just want not to do the things we don't like being burdened with the deadline. At least in the game.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 15 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 8:52:59 AM(UTC)
Premise: I am a player since FM1, basically getting the season challenge rewards car. (Except Capri FE and Rip Rod)

I was thinking of writing my opinion on this thread, but as a result of disappointment to the current system and opinions on the current situation of the forum where some players are about to raise conflicts between players, It has become a very long sentence.
I do not post it and I would like to mention only a brief opinion.

1: If you want a challenging task, you should create it yourself.
Players who want hard challenges tend to praise the current system.
I understand that feeling, but the difficult challenge that you want may be impossible for someone else. You should not force it to others.
If you want a challenging task, let's make it. FH4 has a blue print and a root creator.

2: For someone else, "prize" may be "my most favorite car".
Favorite car is different depending on the player.
For you, "exclusive car" is "prize", it may be okay because there are other cars even if that car is not available, but for other players it may be the most important car .
The word "there are many other cars" can not be any consolation. you're just bullying them.

3: Not a "difficult challenge = fun challenge".
My opinion.
It is boring and troublesome. If it is the same obligation, the easier one is better.

4: PG should give opportunities for re-acquisition more frequently.
Currently, many exclusive cars have no opportunity to re-acquisition.
This seems to be correct for the purpose that the player always makes the game play, but also has the effect of keeping the player away from the game.
For example, in my friend there are players who have stopped playing FH4. They were enthusiastic Forza fans, but they could not get some cars. And they lost their passion for this game.
There are no players who do not feel bad by getting exclusive cars easily.
Players who already have that car will be able to enjoy different upgrades and livery by getting another one of the same cars. And for players who have not had that car, it will be the reason to play the game.

5: MP should not be forced.
It is not that thread, but there are players who do not want to play MP. Especially when it is public.
The reasons are various, but what they have in common is the reason to say "I do not want to be uncomfortable by MP".
Nearly all modern games can play online multiplayer, but do not forget that not all players like it. This game is not PUBG or Fortnite.
All players have the freedom to choose the mode they want to play. But if you make a car hostage, that will be obligatory.

I like FH4 and I think PG is an excellent team.
But the current FH4 seems to be focusing on hardcore players and overlooking many players who can not keep up with it.
It is unfortunate that the excellent game is lowering the evaluation with the wrong online service.
And the situation that players confrontation is occurring as well.
PG, you have a chance to fix. FH4 has not become the worst Forza yet. you should read and improve the opinion of the forums.
Rank: Racing Permit
 11 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 9:20:55 AM(UTC)
Once again, stop saying people need to work hard for these things.

I accept challenges and I have finished all those championships, weekly, daily Forzathons, trial almost every week. I even play many ranked games and do laps in rivals. But definitely not because I have to but I want to do them to get things. If I don't want it why would I bother to finish it? The thing is, now they force you to do them all no matter you have the award or simply hate it.

I paid for the game to have fun not playing it to be frustrated. You do realize how many people struggle in those events. The Mosler one and Rip-Rod already proved that how terrible the MP events can get. It's not spending 2-3 hours as you said.

FYI if you play on Xbox, you actually paid at least $10 for that online experience so technically they are not exactly free bonus cars in terms of it.

I know that they may come back at some point but this game may have a three-year lifespan or even more consider the delay of FM8, and also do you remember the 812, 5 months now and still not available again. Who would know when will it appear again? am I just gonna wait for that long for one car? What about all the other exclusive coming to the game? and AH sniping is on a whole new level of frustration.

I'm just saying this whole thing isn't just going through challenges.
Rank: Racing Permit
 19 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 10:00:23 AM(UTC)
The reality is that PG is setting up these challenges and these new achievements specifically to get players to play certain parts of the game. It would seem that the parts of the game that get most complaints are well represented by these challenges and achievements. If PG has to attempt to steer players to particular elements of the game because nobody is playing those parts, that's pretty pathetic.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 6 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 10:08:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rebfig Go to Quoted Post
If PG has to attempt to steer players to particular elements of the game because nobody is playing those parts, that's pretty pathetic.


Pathetic and stupid.

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 10:10:32 AM(UTC)
The best analogy I can think of to show how ridiculous it is, is to imagine if the starting grid order in F1 were decided by how many press ups the drivers can do in 5 minutes.

Yes, it would be a challenge for them. Yes, it would mean they'd have to work to get an advantage for the race. But it would still be ridiculous because it would have no logical connection to the act of racing. It would be a random combination of elements that shouldn't be combined.

So I see making people do playground games, for example, to obtain a car that might give an advantage for online racing, as a similarly random unrelated challenge that simply shouldn't be associated with online racing. The only types of challenges / work that should give you an advantage for online racing are challenges / work that are actually related to online racing.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 10:15:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
The best analogy I can think of to show how ridiculous it is, is to imagine if the starting grid order in F1 were decided by how many press ups the drivers can do in 5 minutes.


Or who has the hottest girlfriend/wife.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 11:02:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post

If anyone lacks skills, please make sure to contact me, I will help you to become better. I had lots of people showing and teaching me how to race so I really want to help everyone to become better as well (granted I am not a top 100 driver or e-sports material). If you need me in co-op trials, message me, I will join your party and we can do it together.

It's not the difficulty that makes multiplayer a miserable experience. It's the other players.

Also, what happens if you travel, either for business or vacation? If I'm out of town for 4 days, which is not uncommon for a working adult, then that's it - regardless of how well you play the rest of the season, you're done.

Edited by user Sunday, March 10, 2019 11:24:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 11:35:53 AM(UTC)
what is "surprising" is that all challenges are very short term, for a game supposed to live years, ... Anyway best thing to get challenges one wants is certainly to propose some.

IMO, what I like with season challenges it is there is no free roam is championships !!!!!
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 9 users liked this post.
#20 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 11:36:40 AM(UTC)
They can make the challenges as hard as they want that is not the issue I have with this game, I just request that they don't impose a deadline and don't lock stuff behind multiplayer. The new model for gaming seems to be, get people to buy the game and then give hourly/daily/weekly deadlines to make sure they only play your game. The end result is your first party triple A game starts to feel like a free to play game.

I tried to do the playground games event for the VW GRC Bettle this week, the enemy team all quit halfway through the first round and my game hard locked. After that I said nope and just bought one on the auction house.

Edited by user Sunday, March 10, 2019 11:40:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 12:27:54 PM(UTC)
So, I have read the answers and I would like to ask a question: How could they do it right? If they want a rare car to stay reasonably rare, how can they do it without angering all you guys?
Put in a clean lap on a track in 30 minutes? Would that be an acceptable challenge?
Let us face it, this "challenge" is relatively easy if you can manage to play 2-3 times a week. I get it that people who work 4 days in row 24/4 cannot get the car, but seriously, how many do that? 1 in 30.000? 1 in 100.000? I have worked in consulting and if I really, really wanted that car so hard, I could find a way. Take XBox with me and use hotel wifi... been there, done that.

What would be appropriate? Put up a rival and if you beat a certain time, you win the car? Because they have done that and the threads in the forums were as long as here.

Do 1000 online Forzathons?

Someone please put up a challenge that makes everyone happy and rules out 80% of the playerbase.... I think you won't be able to do it, because the 80% would complain.

And I cannot understand that anyone feels forced to do the content, because you can just choose to not do it? Especially those guys who don't even play online or MP, how is that so important to get that one car? If the challenge does not exist, everyone is happy, noone has that car (except the chosen few), but the challenge comes up and everyone hates PG for not having the car? What?
If it comes up to either get the car for some or noone gets it, what would be your choice?

What about decathlon, are you complaining as well that you need to do stuff that you don't like? Like running, e.g.? What about those guys that have a job and cannot compete in Decathlon? Are you writing letters to the Olympic committee as well?

Please keep in mind, I won't get the car, since I hate doing PG and ranked adventures (even though I will try it out when its revamped). I just want to understand the real reason.

I grew up relatively poor and I learned that I cannot have every toy that my buddies had. And I am 100% certain that noone would complain if you could win only a super wheelspin from that challenge. The only thing that makes this forum explode is that there is a car (that some have right now) that you might not be able to get. But you don't have the car right now and you won't have it without the challenge, so why all the complaints?

The best proposal in this thread so far is that they do not lock it behind a timed challenge. But I think a lot of thinking goes into the direction, that they want to bring veteran players back into the game. Hey look, there is something new and shiny for you to get if you log in again and play our game. This is good for many reasons, for example multiplayer is just better with a bigger playerbase. If the game has attractive new content and challenges each month, there will always be enough players for Forzathon and other content.And if that is the reason for them to do it this way, more power to them, because it keeps the game alive and this is something which benefits all Forza players.

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 10 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 12:52:39 PM(UTC)
"How can they do it right?"

It's pretty simple as been advised hundreds of times already, just don't use cars as the reward for online events. People are happy to earn them via the offline seasonal championships (or open to new methods), despite the lies that are used on here to pretend folks want them free.

This game can EASILY substitute the reward with the amount of non-car stuff in the game already. You have Forzathon pts, normal currency, clothing items, horns, chat phrases, liveries, spins, super spins, etc.

Making folks now having to do 100% as a "new way to play" is "forced" whether folks want to skirt the word or not. As I have stated before, they have turned this game into a mobile game where you need to login everyday and it's a shame to see this in a racing title.

Edited by user Sunday, March 10, 2019 12:53:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:19:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
snip


Time gating stuff isn't even a challenge, its a tedious pain in the bottom (don't ban me for "bottom" k mods its not a dreaded *). So far the only way to get the Capri FE was to be gifted it before release because your play the game on youtube and advertise it, then we had the time where it was offered as a grandmaster reward for playing brutal multiplayer that players were actively rigging by sandbagging with two full teams. Or you can enjoy the exciting feel of your brain seeping out of your head as you search the auction house for years hoping some modder/cheater put one up.

We went from micro transactions and grinds in FM5 (people forget this one eh) to time gated grinds in FH4. The only reason for it is to keep player retention up to sell car packs and expansions.

Edited by user Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:21:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:31:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
How could they do it right? If they want a rare car to stay reasonably rare, how can they do it without angering all you guys?

They can't, I object to the very concept of rare cars. How can you possibly have fair online competition if there are rare cars?

I don't mind the existence of rare cars if they cannot be used for online racing. So ban all cars that can't be bought from the autoshow from online racing, and I'd be fine with the whole thing.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:36:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sendo Tenshi Go to Quoted Post
"How can they do it right?"

It's pretty simple as been advised hundreds of times already, just don't use cars as the reward for online events. People are happy to earn them via the offline seasonal championships (or open to new methods), despite the lies that are used on here to pretend folks want them free.

This game can EASILY substitute the reward with the amount of non-car stuff in the game already. You have Forzathon pts, normal currency, clothing items, horns, chat phrases, liveries, spins, super spins, etc.

Making folks now having to do 100% as a "new way to play" is "forced" whether folks want to skirt the word or not. As I have stated before, they have turned this game into a mobile game where you need to login everyday and it's a shame to see this in a racing title.


At this moment, I don't log in very often. I log in once per week, do the seasonal stuff and the Forzathon challenge, then I am off again. I don't like the multiplayer in this game, due to freeroam rush, rammers and wallriders. So I appreciate every little bit that makes me want to log in. Doing one daily is certainly not the thing that I am looking for.

I really, really like the coop trials, because most of the time it is an OK-ish race environment, since people want their team to win and it can lead to interesting races with people who can drive well for the top spot.

I think noone really asks for free stuff, but depending on your likes, you will complain if it does not fit your game style. Drifters will complain if it is about racing, online guys complain when they have to do meaningless offline races, offline guys don't want to drift and so on.

So I took all the postings here and I tried to make challenges that might be interesting for everyone.

At first let me say that it is impossible to do THE ONE challenge that makes everyone happy, so I included something for everyone, let us call it FH4 decathlon. I made sure to make use of the most complaints and try to avoid them:
- not time gated
- achievable for everyone
- challenging content

I would use the Forzathon points, reset them and force every saved forzathon point into super wheelspins. This means, if you have 300 points, you get 2 SWs, if you have 301, you get 3, if you have 449, you get 3 and so on. I do this so I can use the points and avoid people just rightclicking the reward, because they have saved 100k Forzathon points.

During one month, you get the main price for 40k Forzathon points

1. once per week: win an offline race against unbeatable AI on track XYZ, 10 laps and rewind off -> 1k Forzathon points per race type (street race, road race, dirt race and offroad) = 4K total per event = 16k total
2. once per week: Drift challenge: get points XXXXXX in the following 3 drift tracks -> 1k FP = 4k total
3. There are 4 Forzathon challenges (the 4 stages with one car thingie) per month, each give 1k Forzathon points = total 4k FP
4. Seasonal trials: There are 4 seasonal trials per month, each give 1k Forzathon points = total 4K FP
5. seasonal team based PG games once per week: each win gives you 1k Forzathon points = total 4K FP
6. monthly rivals: 5k FP points if you manage to be in top 20%, 2500 if you manage to reach top 50%
7. qualify for unranked adventure once per month (or 10 races): 5k FP
8. one drag race per week: 1k FP if you manage top 20% or 500 FP if you manage top 50%= 4k FP max
9. Four championship events on Fortune Island per week against Expert AI, each event gives 250 FP = 4k total
10. Four seasonal challenges (jump, speed zone, high speed) per week, each 250 FP = 4k total
11. each daily challenge gives you 100 FP and if you manage to do all 7 you get 300 extra points for a total of 1k per week = 4K FP total

This gives you a total of 58k FP points. So you have some wiggling room and can leave out events/challenges that you dislike or simply cannot do due to skill. If you do not manage to reach 40k FP via the events, you can grind the Forzathon online events.

Obviously I have not really thought much about the point system, it might need some balancing, but an event like this would not force you into stuff that you dislike, you can leave one week out (vacation/work stuff) and still get it, it would populate the servers, it is a lot to do and if you do everything, you have even more more wiggling room the next month. So you can get a lot of points if you plan a vacation e.g. And the really great thing about this system is that you even include points for lesser skilled guys. So for example Point 1: if you win vs pro, you get half the points and a quarter if you win vs expert.
Everyone could play whatever they want and collect huge amount of points in areas they excel in.

I think it needs more thought, but it would be fair for everyone. Even absolute casual gamers with low game time and low skill would be able to snag a reward once in a while, but not all of them.

What do you think?

Edited by user Sunday, March 10, 2019 1:41:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

51 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error