47 Pages<<2930313233>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#751 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2019 11:37:06 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mark Races Go to Quoted Post

Oh if anyone has any settings for the Logitech G920 wheel please post them up, we have a couple of our group using them and I haven't seen any settings for the latest update.

Sorry; I've been racing not reading, and just saw this. Here's a collection of settings--sort of buried in the middle of page 17 of this thread--but the direct link:
https://forums.forzamoto...-think.aspx#post_1039247

I just added Schneeb108's latest tweak as well.
#752 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2019 1:08:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MiloslavD Go to Quoted Post

Oh if anyone has any settings for the Logitech G920 wheel please post them up, we have a couple of our group using them and I haven't seen any settings for the latest update.

Sorry; I've been racing not reading, and just saw this. Here's a collection of settings--sort of buried in the middle of page 17 of this thread--but the direct link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyhe6uodZbc
#753 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2019 9:46:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DylanDrog Go to Quoted Post
I'm using FACR Mechanical' settings on Xbox along with my ts-xw, just lowered the force feedback to 50 and I must say that finally forza motorsport 7 has the Ffb it deserves.

I thought you said it had great ffb on release....

PTG Home

Race Team
Tester
Tuner
#754 Posted : Sunday, February 24, 2019 10:08:40 PM(UTC)
Yeah, compared with what we had in FM6 was a great improvement but the actual state is another level of realism.
#755 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 12:05:51 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2019 1:21:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Please ignore this

1 user liked this post.
#756 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 8:06:32 PM(UTC)
Got a friend who just got a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 wheel for Xbox, anyone have a set up for FFB on this model? Thanks in advance
Shneeb108 / Racing SIM Tools Member
Shneeb
 1 user liked this post.
#757 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 12:53:25 AM(UTC)
Hi...………..Try my settings below using SIMULATION STEERING ………….For my Thrustmaster TX 458 Wheel...…. Using the X BOX ONE X Platform...……………...

What I wanted was something that simply works realistically with a smoothness that makes me feel completely in control and at the same time gives me indictors when limits are being reached …..

Just as you would expect when buying a new real life car...

At first glance you may think that the settings look unsophisticated with such high value numbers.........….but all I would say is give them a go you may be pleasantly surprised...…….

Hopefully they will work for your friend or at least give him a starting point........

My Best Regards, Barry...

VS 100
FFS 22
ATS 200
MTS 100
PTS 200
RFS 65
WDS 200
CCS 200
WRA 360
SL 40

Edited by user Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:34:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#758 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 7:41:20 AM(UTC)
Thanks IllusoryRacer, can you also post your THM profile panel settings?
Shneeb108 / Racing SIM Tools Member
Shneeb
 1 user liked this post.
#759 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 8:27:06 AM(UTC)
Hi.........I have never had to interact with the wheel's Profile Panel ………….

It has never been necessary for me to carry out any Firmware updates...…………

The wheels performance has remained consistent ever since I bought it some years ago...……….

The only other adjustments I have made are the Advance Controller Options...……... which I can supply you with if requested...……..

Hope this helps...…………..
#760 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 3:02:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: IllusoryRacer Go to Quoted Post
Hi...………..Try my settings below using SIMULATION STEERING ………….For my Thrustmaster TX 458 Wheel...…. Using the X BOX ONE X Platform...……………...

What I wanted was something that simply works realistically with a smoothness that makes me feel completely in control and at the same time gives me indictors when limits are being reached …..

At first glance you may think that the settings look unsophisticated with such high value numbers.........….but all I would say is give them a go you may be pleasantly surprised...…….

Hopefully they will work for your friend or at least give him a starting point........

VS 100
FFS 22
ATS 200
MTS 100
PTS 200
RFS 65
WDS 200
CCS 200
WRA 360
SL 40

Are you really running WDS and CCS at 200? Sounds brutal. Here's FACR Mechanical's latest setup which works really well on my TX....

VS 95 (to get braking scrub sensation near lock up)
FFS 100
ATS 120
MTS 175
PTS 65
RFS 55
WDS 55
CCS 10
WRA 870
SL 50
 3 users liked this post.
#761 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 8:11:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: chuteboxehero1 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: IllusoryRacer Go to Quoted Post

VS 100
FFS 22
ATS 200
MTS 100
PTS 200
RFS 65
WDS 200
CCS 200
WRA 360
SL 40

Are you really running WDS and CCS at 200? Sounds brutal. Here's FACR Mechanical's latest setup which works really well on my TX....

VS 95 (to get braking scrub sensation near lock up)
FFS 100
ATS 120
MTS 175
PTS 65
RFS 55
WDS 55
CCS 10
WRA 870
SL 50

I’m now running ATS at 110 and WDS at 60 but it’s all just personal preference with minor variation. I think it’s a good base anyway. Tweak away!

UPDATE>>>> I have trialled lowering MTS to 160 and ATS to 115 and I feel this helps with a more vanilla type feel - still getting lots of feedback but the extremes are smoothed out a little. I expect I'll continue to tweak.

p.s. Normal not Sim steering for wheel users is the go, I believe.

Edited by user Sunday, March 3, 2019 1:26:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#762 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:31:34 AM(UTC)
Hi Hero One...……….Yes over the last few months I have tried most of the various posted settings …….some of which have come close to what I wanted ….

However I'm afraid none of FARC Mechanical's settings fit the bill for me...……. but I do admire his tenacity / perseverance trying to achieve the impossible..... i.e. something to please everyone...…

For the reasons I have already stated...….. I always come back to my own posted settings ……….

Why not try them for yourself my friend ……….I can assure you there is nothing brutal about them...…….

With regard to the NORMAL / SIMULATION steering comment ………….

Since the last Forza 7 update the steering Simulation mode is sharper / more responsive than the Normal setting and no longer suffers from the fishtail effect that used to accompany it..... when going from lock to lock .....

Edited by user Thursday, February 28, 2019 10:18:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#763 Posted : Saturday, March 2, 2019 8:00:46 AM(UTC)
I just wanted to post a heartfelt thank you to all the users putting in the time to try to help us sort out our various wheel issues. I've read this thread as it's gone along, I've tried settings from other wheels on my fanatec, I've fiddled with my own, and after trying to absorb all the info in here I feel like I'm getting a handle on things.

I watched Blue028's video, which was helpful to get my head around what I was adjusting. FACR Mechanical and Dan the Dartman and Ialryn and Blue and others I'm sure I'm missing, the conversation you're having is beyond my level, but thank you for your work to get us a game we can use our wheels on, the way I believe any driving game was meant to be played.

At this point I've got steering I can feel, slides I can catch, some oscillation left if I let go of the wheel, but not bad. I'll decline to post settings at this point, as I feel I'm in the ballpark, but not finished tweaking at all.

Btw, I've got a fanatec CSL Elite wheelbase, with the plain CSL P1 wheel, on Xbox 1X.

Thanks again to all.

Jeff
#764 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2019 9:23:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FACR Mechanical Go to Quoted Post

FACR Mechanical, I looked back at that again when updating my list, but unless I'm missing something, the video (which is very useful!) still shows a last-updated date of December 2018. I tried to find something on the FACR channel posted after the February update, but failed. Do you know of a post-Feb update to those settings? I did check, and the settings displayed in the video still match what I posted in my original compilation (and they are what I'm currently driving with).

Thanks!
#765 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2019 12:44:28 PM(UTC)

FACR Mechanical, I looked back at that again when updating my list, but unless I'm missing something, the video (which is very useful!) still shows a last-updated date of December 2018. I tried to find something on the FACR channel posted after the February update, but failed. Do you know of a post-Feb update to those settings? I did check, and the settings displayed in the video still match what I posted in my original compilation (and they are what I'm currently driving with).

Thanks!

That one I believe you are referring to is from FACR DL Tuning and I think they are 2 seperate members of the FACR group but each have a different make wheel ( one a G920 and one a Thrustmaster I think, and Different wheels have different settings so they both have posted settings for appropriate wheels. Depending on people's preference somethings the opposite settings work better as a baseline to start tinkering with the settings but usually stay with similar make set up.

#766 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2019 1:52:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dan the Dartman Go to Quoted Post

Thanks!

That one I believe you are referring to is from FACR DL Tuning and I think they are 2 seperate members of the FACR group but each have a different make wheel ( one a G920 and one a Thrustmaster I think, and Different wheels have different settings so they both have posted settings for appropriate wheels. Depending on people's preference somethings the opposite settings work better as a baseline to start tinkering with the settings but usually stay with similar make set up.

I can confirm we are two people, not one : D

I"m pretty sure Dave (DLTuning) has an updated Video for the G920 with the Feb stuff in it.

Edited by user Sunday, March 3, 2019 1:53:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#767 Posted : Sunday, March 3, 2019 2:16:12 PM(UTC)
Logitech have released a replacement for the Logitech Gaming Software the G29 and G920 wheels use, as well as a large range of their gaming mice and keyboards. I only found out, as I decided to refresh and reset my PC. I have to reinstall FM7 and FH4 yet, so I cant test the G920 with it atm. But figured people using the later Logitech wheels might be interested in giving the new software a try. It is called the 'Logitech G Hub'.

Edited by user Sunday, March 3, 2019 2:20:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#768 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2019 1:24:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post
Logitech have released a replacement for the Logitech Gaming Software the G29 and G920 wheels use, as well as a large range of their gaming mice and keyboards. I only found out, as I decided to refresh and reset my PC. I have to reinstall FM7 and FH4 yet, so I cant test the G920 with it atm. But figured people using the later Logitech wheels might be interested in giving the new software a try. It is called the 'Logitech G Hub'.

Warning for new Logitech G software.

The damper and center spring settings are no longer available in the driver.

Usually these are always reduced to zero.

You can only do this by modifying the registry to set them permanently to zero. They arw by default set to 100 percent !

Google it. It is easy to do.

Regards

Edited by user Monday, March 4, 2019 1:25:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PC: i7 7700k, GTX 1080, 960 M.2 NvME, 16GB RAM......Logitech G29, T8HA shifter sequential mode.....Many Jaffa cakes, washed down by Taylors Hot Lava Java..... copious Vaping.
#769 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2019 3:30:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xGABETHEPILOTx Go to Quoted Post

Warning for new Logitech G software.

The damper and center spring settings are no longer available in the driver.

Usually these are always reduced to zero.

You can only do this by modifying the registry to set them permanently to zero. They arw by default set to 100 percent !

Google it. It is easy to do.

Regards

Spring and Damper where not in the previous "Logitech Gaming Software" either, so anyone who has been using the Logitech Software with their G920/G29, have never had those options.

Those options where only available for the DFGT/G25/G27 wheels, and using the now very defunct and stupidly old version of the Logitech Gaming Software from back then. Its so old, I am surprised it even works on Windows 10.

The way that FFB works in Forza, Spring and Damper are controlled by the game itself anyway. If you turn Damper to 0, you get 0 damper. And in FM7 and FH4, you need a little bit of centre spring, in order to have the complete self aligning effects. Centre spring isnt always active in either game, its a dynamic force. Both stated by T10, and I put in a ton of hours testing it myself on multiple wheels; just to make sure their information on it was accurate. For once, it is.

Edited by user Monday, March 4, 2019 3:35:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#770 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2019 2:38:43 PM(UTC)

Those options where only available for the DFGT/G25/G27 wheels, and using the now very defunct and stupidly old version of the Logitech Gaming Software from back then. Its so old, I am surprised it even works on Windows 10.

For what it's worth, Logitech released a Windows 10 version of LGS in 2016.

Also: I took a look at the supported devices list for G Hub, and didn't see the G29 or G920 listed. Are they supported, and I just missed it?

#771 Posted : Monday, March 4, 2019 4:02:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Colin Girth Go to Quoted Post

For what it's worth, Logitech released a Windows 10 version of LGS in 2016.

Also: I took a look at the supported devices list for G Hub, and didn't see the G29 or G920 listed. Are they supported, and I just missed it?

I know about the current version of LGS, as i was using it for my mouse and keyboard till i just found g hub.

I muat have misread the supported product listings, i could have sworn i saw the g920 and g29 on there. Still, people should keep an eye on the new g hub. As logitech do state on the g hub download page that it is replacing the current LGS software.

My g502 mouse is supported, and its about as old as the g920/g29 now. So i would be surprised if they dont follow to g hub.
#772 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 11:24:08 AM(UTC)
If the centering spring is required to have good FFB then there's something borked with the physics underneath.

Maybe next time hire testers that actually drive racing sims, that would probably help.

Anyway, did some driving a few days ago. Ended up lowering pneumatic down to 15-20. Just enough to get some center tightness but not nearly strong enough to interfere with the self alignment. Also made me realize most of my tunes need 0.2 rear toe :->
#773 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 11:32:01 AM(UTC)
Also, one more thing: The whole point of sim steering is to have 1:1 steering inputs, like you would want with a wheel. If you run normal steering you might as well grab a pad.

Now, the fact that sim twitch occurs is mostly telling of the physics engine - my guess is that tyres lose but importantly regain grip quicker (or maybe more abruptly) than most other simulations.
 1 user liked this post.
#774 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 5:47:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ravenousbeast93 Go to Quoted Post
Also, one more thing: The whole point of sim steering is to have 1:1 steering inputs, like you would want with a wheel. If you run normal steering you might as well grab a pad.

Now, the fact that sim twitch occurs is mostly telling of the physics engine - my guess is that tyres lose but importantly regain grip quicker (or maybe more abruptly) than most other simulations.

I only use sim steering and I have to say it's the best it has ever been. Took a lot of tweaking but the game feels good now, but with that said there can be a weird dead spot or a self align twitch every now and then. If they carry this forward Forza 8 looks promising and of course they need vr to be even better.
 2 users liked this post.
#775 Posted : Tuesday, March 5, 2019 6:00:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ravenousbeast93 Go to Quoted Post
If the centering spring is required to have good FFB then there's something borked with the physics underneath.

Maybe next time hire testers that actually drive racing sims, that would probably help.

Anyway, did some driving a few days ago. Ended up lowering pneumatic down to 15-20. Just enough to get some center tightness but not nearly strong enough to interfere with the self alignment. Also made me realize most of my tunes need 0.2 rear toe :->

People treat centre spring in Forza like the centre spring in games from over a decade ago, where all it did was constantly force the wheel to be centred constantly. That is not how the centre spring works in Forza Motorsport 7 or Forza Horizon 4. As I keep pointing out, its a dynamic effect. While in motion under normal driving conditions, it helps align the wheels; just as the wheels would in a real car. Mechanical and pneumatic trails overcome the centre spring effect, the centre spring doesn't just force the wheels back to the centre position. While you are stationary, centre spring does nothing at all. Going from the testing I have done, and from what T10 state the settings do in their wheel settings guide. It clearly works exactly as they have intended it to work.

https://support.forzamot...4-Wheel-Setup-and-Tuning
Quote:
CENTER SPRING SCALE
This sets the Dynamic Centering Force of your steering wheel. Larger values provide a stronger centering force while lower values provide a lighter centering force. Lowering this value too much may cause steering oscillation. Too high a value reduces the dynamic align torque you feel from the car’s tires.

Essentially, the spring is the force pulling the steering wheel toward center; that is to say gravity through caster, KPI and scrub radius (the distance in front view between a car’s king pin axis and the center of the contact patch of the wheel, where both would theoretically touch the road). This force is overcome when static by friction and at speed and cornering load through pneumatic and mechanical trail, the causes of align torque (the torque that a tire creates as it rolls along, which tends to steer it). To ensure full feel of align torque the center spring is dynamic, ramping down with cornering load, slip and speed. The faster you go or the harder you push the tires, the less center spring force you should feel, and the more you feel from the tires steering themselves.

TIP: We recommend that you NOT turn Center Spring Scale up significantly – too high and this effectively cancels dynamic FFB – the only force you feel is your wheel trying to center itself, rather than the dynamic align torque at from the car’s wheels. We recommend you leave it alone or turn it down.

T10 really need to make this wheel settings guide much more visible, because it has very good information in it regarding how the new FFB in Forza actually works.

Just because Forza uses centre spring, and quite frankly, probably in the best way I have seen it used in a racing game. Owing to its dynamic nature. Doesnt mean the physics are faulty at all. You cant change games and just assume that the way one dev does things with force feedback, is going to be the way every dev will do it. Much older games, it was always advised to turn off centre spring in the driver/hardware settings. Thats been changing in recent years, with those FFB effects been used in a far better way.

I agree T10 need to do better testing with this stuff, but that isnt always going to solve everything. And T10 is not the only dev that releases racing games with subpar FFB. I mean look at Dirt Rally 2.0 right now. Great self aligning, but there is just no other information coming through the FFB in that game at all. People say that GT sport on a wheel needs work too, and I think we can all agree that Pcars 1 had one of the most over complicated and messed up FFB systems going. Assetto Corsa has some of the best FFB going, and even that has its flaws as well.

47 Pages<<2930313233>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error