2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 9:14:45 AM(UTC)
Any changelog? Cca 277MB update...
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 9:35:01 AM(UTC)
 10 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 10:10:43 AM(UTC)
I would actually love to know what was changed and removed rather than a simple sentence with no information.

The whole point of a change log is to list ALL the changes!
 14 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 10:36:51 AM(UTC)
standing ovation for this latest update \o/

•With this update, we have made minor edits to three Horizon playlist songs and removed five album covers.
•Fix for crash when selecting Showcase Rivals from the Pause Menu when on Fortune Island.

that should put a rest to all those moaners.

Next week; more buttons added to herringbone jacket and doc martens to come with a choice of lace colours
 3 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 11:02:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PURE NFS MAC Go to Quoted Post

•With this update, we have made minor edits to three Horizon playlist songs and removed five album covers.
•Fix for crash when selecting Showcase Rivals from the Pause Menu when on Fortune Island.

Next week; more buttons added to herringbone jacket and doc martens to come with a choice of lace colours

I'm willing to bet that this was not done on the spur of the moment to annoy us, but for some undisclosed yet unavoidable legal/licensing issues.
#6 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 11:14:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ferkelparade Go to Quoted Post

I'm willing to bet that this was not done on the spur of the moment to annoy us, but for some undisclosed yet unavoidable legal/licensing issues.

They might've gotten complaints about the songs/covers. I can kinda see why The Evil Has Landed's album cover was removed.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 11:46:39 AM(UTC)
Update failed and now my game is re installing. Oh the joy i hope my save game isn't gone?
#8 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 12:25:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: alron01 Go to Quoted Post
Update failed and now my game is re installing. Oh the joy i hope my save game isn't gone?

It should be okay. I had an os update failure forcing a complete wipe and reinstall of OS and all subsent programs, including forza. Start up, and log in. It synced up my save from cloud. If it seems to freeze or take a moment, just let it go while it does its thing.
 2 users liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 12:28:49 PM(UTC)
Anyone know which album covers were removed in addition to QOTSA ? Just annoys me that you can't know which ones are gone ahah
#10 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 12:38:43 PM(UTC)
Only difference I noticed was a noticeable frame rate drop on one of my consoles.
#11 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 12:51:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vaporisor Go to Quoted Post

It should be okay. I had an os update failure forcing a complete wipe and reinstall of OS and all subsent programs, including forza. Start up, and log in. It synced up my save from cloud. If it seems to freeze or take a moment, just let it go while it does its thing.

Thanks man i hope so,the 20gb update is taking ages
#12 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 1:15:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JMJRulz Go to Quoted Post
Only difference I noticed was a noticeable frame rate drop on one of my consoles.

Properly restart your console from the console settings screen
 10 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 1:58:14 PM(UTC)
I can only hope a future update removes all music.

My love of this game is greatly diminished by the godawful Doncha Doncha Doncha I am bombarded with multiple times every race
 4 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 2:12:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ParanoidDoge Go to Quoted Post
Anyone know which album covers were removed in addition to QOTSA ? Just annoys me that you can't know which ones are gone ahah

• "Clap Your Hands (feat. Ava Max)" - Le Youth [Horizon Pulse]
  • "TopBrazil (Benny Benassi vs. Constantin & MazZz Dub Mix)" - Fischerspooner [Horizon Bass Arena]
  • "I" - Kendrick Lamar [Horizon Block Party]
  • "Award Tour" - A Tribe Called Quest [Horizon Block Party]
  • "The Evil Has Landed" - Queens of the Stone Age [Horizon XS]

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2019 2:13:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 2:35:31 PM(UTC)

Oh, finally! I was THIS close to petitioning my local MP if they didn't hurry up and implement this. I NEED Day Glo Orange laces...
A Forza fan since the very beginning way back on original Xbox but apparently I'm just a troll who knows nothing...
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 2:42:33 PM(UTC)
The fact that the devs already appear to be running into trouble with music licenses is troubling.

Personally I don't care for any of the affected songs (Timeless FTW), but in many cases games have simply been removed from sale to due music licensing since it's not worth the effort to patch out and replace the old music. Although with Forza and the car licenses, they have even bigger problems to worry about which is why older Forza games simply aren't available for sale.

Anyways, hopefully this is the end of this particular license issue.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
 2 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 2:57:44 PM(UTC)
We dont know what or why. It could have been something as somebody raising a big stink about a lyric or some image on the cover. Is the world we live in nowadays. Remember a certain 40s christmas carol that radio stations all pulled because if you take a single partial lyric completely out of context, it could offend somebody who misheard?
#18 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 3:08:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vaporisor Go to Quoted Post

Thanks man i hope so,the 20gb update is taking ages

Yikes only 20gb? I’m on Xbox One X and I think I’m alone on this one but my update failed now I’m sitting here looking at a 66GB update. Basically redownloading everything :\
#19 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 4:30:25 PM(UTC)
Did they add extra trees on the second roundabout from the north of the highway.

I've never hit a tree cutting though the roundabout northbound since launch. Tonight I hit a tree which spun me several times tonight. It was fine yesterday when. I did 60 highway laps.

Seems odd.
#20 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 8:07:20 PM(UTC)

Maybe, just maybe, people would like to know which songs were affected by the update. But I agree, it sounds completely ridiculous. People in this forum are so entitled. How dare they demand the developers to give them a bit more information?! These "moaners" should be banned!
#21 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 11:01:23 PM(UTC)
I just like release notes. Thanks user Groudon199 for listing those. That is annoying they did not list the album covers removed or songs altered. It would be interesting to know why they removed that album art and less so what the "minor edits" to the songs were.

I doubt there are issues with the music licensing. I'd think that is nailed down well before release. Not like it's going to run out during the game's production run. Tribe Called Quest album cover I have no clue how that could be deemed offensive to users.

Still want groove (or get spotify) integration back like in FH3. And no, putting on music in the background is not the same as having your music become part of the game. I'd actually upgrade to spotify premium to be able to use it with the game.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 12:56:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConfusedGalaxy6 Go to Quoted Post
Tribe Called Quest album cover I have no clue how that could be deemed offensive to users.

I never looked in game, but if it was the album cover from Midnight Marauders it seems pretty obvious how it could be interpreted as offensive. If it was the cover from the single, then I dunno.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 1:44:03 AM(UTC)
We didn't state the album covers or songs which had minor changes as we didn't want to bring any further notice alight as they were removed for a reason.

Originally Posted by: ferkelparade Go to Quoted Post

As mentioned in this quote, we we're advised to remove these and did so immediately. We don't usually put out such a small update but this was a necessity under legal reasons.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:13:20 AM(UTC)
Are some songs gone or some pictures only? I am a bit lost in terms.

That reminds me that some new paid DLC could add new music too. It always brings new feeling to the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 3:27:43 AM(UTC)
Why was the evil has landed art been removed anyway?

That would have offended no one. Not even the most delicate of snowflakes.
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error