20 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#126 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 8:52:37 AM(UTC)
I'm stopping the discussion about Opaque and Transparency definition here as it's clogging up this thread.

Any posts further should be as requested and feedback about the topic in my first post.

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 8:53:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#127 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 8:53:25 AM(UTC)
Posting this as an update & to continue the conversation:

Current Issues:
Issue: Finding an Ideal Transcript for the stream.
Fix: Move forward with alternatives such as Stream Summary/Update videos

Looking Into/Moving forward:
- Stream Summary
- Dev and/or Stream Update videos

Backlog for future discussion:
- Q & A (I would put this in the above section, but further discussion is needed to 'how' we are going to do a Q&A appropriately)
- Roadmap (similar reason to Q & A)
- Polls
- Lists of the top information = "Top 5"
- Forum Status (as it's not under my control)
- Support page (as it's not under my control but I'll keep asking for this to be communicated better)
#128 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 8:56:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
I'm stopping the discussion about Opaque and Transparency definition here as it's clogging up this thread.

Any posts further should be as requested and feedback about the topic in my first post.

Your first post does say discuss transparency...

Following from a few directed posts to me within this forum, I thought I'd open up a discussion about transparency as I would like to hopefully better the transparency & communication between everyone. Just to keep all the ideas in one place.
This is to discuss all feedback, including what you like so far, how we could improve this, or brand new ideas or options. Feel free to even suggest what you may have seen other companies do that you've liked & thought was productive.

#129 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 8:58:55 AM(UTC)
[EDIT RK - Editing as I can't delete posts. This is off topic and not thread relevant. I did warn above & explain that we are closing that conversation from any further posts]

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 9:11:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
#130 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 9:01:35 AM(UTC)
[EDIT RK - Editing as I can't delete posts. This is off topic and not thread relevant. I did warn above & explain that we are closing that conversation from any further posts]

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 9:11:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#131 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 9:09:45 AM(UTC)

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 9:11:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
#132 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 11:12:20 PM(UTC)
I got some feedback from my ticket I mentioned earlier in this thread regarding the constant pressure to submit tickets and NitroGlitter mentioned that the ticket system is intended to eventually replace the support forums.

It's a bit offtopic for this thread so it might be better to discuss this in detail somewhere else, but I'm putting the information here since the new ticket system has been brought up numerous times in the transparency discussion already.
#133 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 2:50:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gamer1000k Go to Quoted Post
I got some feedback from my ticket I mentioned earlier in this thread regarding the constant pressure to submit tickets and NitroGlitter mentioned that the ticket system is intended to eventually replace the support forums.

It's a bit offtopic for this thread so it might be better to discuss this in detail somewhere else, but I'm putting the information here since the new ticket system has been brought up numerous times in the transparency discussion already.

I have requested a few times that everything relating to the support page becomes communicated to you all.
Yes it will be replacing the support forums, however this is all I know and can confirm, so all further information that is known will be announced by NitroGlitter.
#134 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 10:35:08 AM(UTC)
As requested, here is the new thread.

Everything is still to be discussed here including feedback but I will try and update that thread as and when I can following any sort of social information.
Following the comments here, moving forward I hope I can lessen the gap and help you all as much as I can.

(Please bare in mind that some links are still pending in that thread)

Thanks,
RetroKrystal
 3 users liked this post.
#135 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:00:45 PM(UTC)
The biggest problem with the game is multiplayer and rivals and I have seen the same thing posted time and time again. Then u ask what we think would help with transparency haha this is honestly a joke at this point. All thats needed would be a simple " we are working on fixing multiplayer and rivals and are definetly looking at ways to change it and make it like previous horizon games" i mean how hard is that. They either are going to fix it or they are not, im pretty sure they know what they are going to work on. Atleast let us know so i can stop hoping for change and stop playing this broken game. I mean we are a quater of the way through the games life span and ive allready had enough of this s**t waiting and hoping that they will fix their poor design choices. If the next horizon is set to come out two years after this one like all the other horizon games have done then i wont be pre ordering it as this release has been the biggest let down with playground games making terrible design choices.. how bad will the next one be if this one has been done soo wrong and little has been done to fix the issue's. One very very highly dissapointed horizon fan. The longer we dont hear whats happening with the game the more you let down the core diehard horizon players.
 2 users liked this post.
#136 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2019 4:08:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rumgum89 Go to Quoted Post
The biggest problem with the game is multiplayer and rivals and I have seen the same thing posted time and time again. Then u ask what we think would help with transparency haha this is honestly a joke at this point. All thats needed would be a simple " we are working on fixing multiplayer and rivals and are definetly looking at ways to change it and make it like previous horizon games" i mean how hard is that. They either are going to fix it or they are not, im pretty sure they know what they are going to work on. Atleast let us know so i can stop hoping for change and stop playing this broken game. I mean we are a quater of the way through the games life span and ive allready had enough of this s**t waiting and hoping that they will fix their poor design choices. If the next horizon is set to come out two years after this one like all the other horizon games have done then i wont be pre ordering it as this release has been the biggest let down with playground games making terrible design choices.. how bad will the next one be if this one has been done soo wrong and little has been done to fix the issue's. One very very highly dissapointed horizon fan. The longer we dont hear whats happening with the game the more you let down the core diehard horizon players.

A lot of things are easier said than done and when we give players answers we want to make sure its as accurate as possible.

However I am currently looking into way inwhich we can give you players a verbal or visual roadmap and multiplayer is one of the things I've added on my notes to hopefully speak about to you all as I know it's something brought up quite frequently. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

2 users liked this post.
#137 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 11:13:28 AM(UTC)
Just following up on some of my earlier comments on transparency when locking threads. I noticed that there's a thread on the first forum page at the moment titled "Congrats Playground!" by MrTUN3R that's been locked with zero explanation.

From reading the post, I see a frustrated player and a fair bit of negativity, but nothing that violates the forum rules. When threads like this get locked with no explanation, it sends the message to me that any negativity towards the game has a high chance of being censored. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen, but given the earlier discussion I wanted to highlight it since I see this is still an ongoing transparency issue.
#138 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 12:17:58 PM(UTC)
Just following up on some of my earlier comments on transparency when locking threads. I noticed that there's a thread on the first forum page at the moment titled "Congrats Playground!" by MrTUN3R that's been locked with zero explanation.

From reading the post, I see a frustrated player and a fair bit of negativity, but nothing that violates the forum rules. When threads like this get locked with no explanation, it sends the message to me that any negativity towards the game has a high chance of being censored. This isn't the first time I've seen this happen, but given the earlier discussion I wanted to highlight it since I see this is still an ongoing transparency issue.

To be fair, I did the event without a problem but could see why some might have one. I did wonder why they didn't just have their rant in the seasonal thread though. Perhaps the person that locked just thought the reason was obvious.
 2 users liked this post.
#139 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 1:17:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Briisace Go to Quoted Post

To be fair, I did the event without a problem but could see why some might have one. I did wonder why they didn't just have their rant in the seasonal thread though. Perhaps the person that locked just thought the reason was obvious.

Maybe, but then the appropriate action would have been to move the post to the appropriate seasonal thread as I've seen moderators do many times before, not just outright lock the thread with no explanation given. Even if something is obvious to one person, it might not be to someone else which is why I would like to see all thread lock events have even just a short comment given.

Otherwise it starts to feel like censorship, especially since most of the threads that get locked without explanation tend to be somewhat negative, sending the message that the moderators/devs/powers that be can't tolerate criticism and negativity and will use their powers to shut down anything they don't like.
#140 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 1:38:14 PM(UTC)

Maybe, but then the appropriate action would have been to move the post to the appropriate seasonal thread as I've seen moderators do many times before, not just outright lock the thread with no explanation given. Even if something is obvious to one person, it might not be to someone else which is why I would like to see all thread lock events have even just a short comment given.

Otherwise it starts to feel like censorship, especially since most of the threads that get locked without explanation tend to be somewhat negative, sending the message that the moderators/devs/powers that be can't tolerate criticism and negativity and will use their powers to shut down anything they don't like.

Can't argue with that.
#141 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 2:20:43 AM(UTC)
Totally agree. I'll look into all threads that get locked have an explanation alongside them moving forward.
 8 users liked this post.
#142 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 7:16:04 AM(UTC)
As I mentioned elsewhere I've fallen out of love with this game so hard it lost its space on my xbox to a sea of thieves(that I play maybe once a month) patch.

Heres an idea for transparency. Next livestream playground does, take their whole schedule and throw it away. Now spend that ENTIRE livestream addressing the community concerns. Shoot down ideas thst aren't gonna happen, tell us what's ACTIVELY being worked on, just plain address the community, maybe respond to critical comments in chat?. Theres easily 2 hours of thing they could cover. I'm not gonna mention any suggestions for it here, because it should be painfully obvious what they are by now.

I would watch that livestream.

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2019 7:16:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#143 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 7:41:23 AM(UTC)
And just improving community relations. The people here on forums and elsewhere aren't your enemy. We aren't backseat gamers ranting at you on a stream. We are the ones playing the game more than the ones working on it. Consideration of what is being said can be quite helpful. Part of transparency & communication is accountability. Don't be blaming the players for errors on your end.

Edited by user Saturday, February 16, 2019 7:42:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#144 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 8:17:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Totally agree. I'll look into all threads that get locked have an explanation alongside them moving forward.

The locking of threads sometimes require a fuller more accurate explanation. I had one locked recently that was explained .. "now locking this thread as its been answered and no further discussion is needed"

… well first off, I didn't open this thread with any sort of question that required any 'official' to answer and secondly it does seem somewhat authoritarian to dictate that we no longer have any need for discussion. We may wish to discuss further, we may not want to discuss further, maybe others would like to join the discussion, but by locking it and telling us we have no need to discuss further seems to cement your whitewash #sham

Now, if we are not allowed/prohibited to discuss it here, then say so and we will continue elsewhere
 3 users liked this post.
#145 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 8:27:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vaporisor Go to Quoted Post
And just improving community relations. The people here on forums and elsewhere aren't your enemy. We aren't backseat gamers ranting at you on a stream. We are the ones playing the game more than the ones working on it. Consideration of what is being said can be quite helpful. Part of transparency & communication is accountability. Don't be blaming the players for errors on your end.

After interacting with Krystal and monteo here in this thread, I dont think we have any communication or transparency issues between us and the forum mods, and Krystal. I think theyve both been very up front and helpful over the last few months. The issue is with the dev team. We simply dont know anything. We dont know what or when changes to the game will be implemented. We dont know what ideas have even been discussed. We dont know if their is even a possibility that significant changes could be implemented before the next dlc, although I strongly encourage them to delay the dlc to fix the multiplayer.

We just dont know anything. The livestreams are a great time to fill us in on some actual changes being worked on, but they end up being a 2 hour "pat ourselves on the back" session, with a few minutes of "were looking into it, maybe next month"
#146 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 10:05:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Granola Avenger Go to Quoted Post

After interacting with Krystal and monteo here in this thread, I dont think we have any communication or transparency issues between us and the forum mods, and Krystal. I think theyve both been very up front and helpful over the last few months. The issue is with the dev team. We simply dont know anything. We dont know what or when changes to the game will be implemented. We dont know what ideas have even been discussed. We dont know if their is even a possibility that significant changes could be implemented before the next dlc, although I strongly encourage them to delay the dlc to fix the multiplayer.

We just dont know anything. The livestreams are a great time to fill us in on some actual changes being worked on, but they end up being a 2 hour "pat ourselves on the back" session, with a few minutes of "were looking into it, maybe next month"

The streams are there to inform you what features, bug fixes etc they're are bringing to the game. Just because they haven't mentioned your own personal grievances doesn't mean they are not collecting feedback. Even though the users of this forum represent a very small number of the player base, I'm sure they even take into account what's said here.

As for the live chat, all I ever see is a small number of people spamming the same thing over and over again. After about 5 minutes you know what they are going to say as soon as you see their name pop up.

1 user liked this post.
#147 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 10:30:52 AM(UTC)

The streams are there to inform you what features, bug fixes etc they're are bringing to the game. Just because they haven't mentioned your own personal grievances doesn't mean they are not collecting feedback. Even though the users of this forum represent a very small number of the player base, I'm sure they even take into account what's said here.

As for the live chat, all I ever see is a small number of people spamming the same thing over and over again. After about 5 minutes you know what they are going to say as soon as you see their name pop up.

The fact that they haven't mentioned his own personal grievances certainly doesn't mean they do collect but it is not a proof they consider any as relevant.

Same applies to many others. I have no doubt these would enjoy censoring prerogative so much if they were given it.

#148 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 4:02:19 PM(UTC)

I'm not looking to have personal grievances addressed. I'm hoping that maybe they would adress widely expressed complaints about the basic structure of adventure mode. I stand by my opinion that the livestreams are back patting sessions. Bug fixes? Ummm, hanging engine audio during online freeroam anyone? I dont doubt the dev team is aware of what's discussed on the forums, but they sure dont make much contact with us do they?

As for the chat, they wouldnt have a screen full of spam if theyd discuss things like multiplayer for more than 45 seconds on stream.
 1 user liked this post.
#149 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 4:21:58 PM(UTC)
Problem with bugs like audio bugs is that there really might not be much to update. If they just have 20 minutes of saying, "we are working on it" then it is 20 minutes that didnt accomplish anything since that is what we know. For issues like that, it can be something very difficult to route down and situational. I think back to a bug many years ago in eve online. You would enter a system.... and it would just hang up. It couldn't ever be replicated and never could get it to happen on test server. It took a long time to route out. The result was if two people entered at the exact same time as the servers would see it with no time difference? Then it would hang up the jump for those two people. Once found, it was able to be fixed the next day. That is the nature of bug fixes if doing hotfix.

And I think on the major issues, it is a bit more clear cut to talk about. And often have been answered, but people ask anyways. "bring back toyota" "Stop wall riding" And other similar common complaints had been answered without much more one can say on the matters. But with features and development, it can be beneficial to have a more detailed roadmap. Want a new challenge or story? It can really help to just ask, even a small sample size to get feedback on what they want.

Gonna go back to Eve-O here. Played it for many years before they made it a not fun game. The game had a great level of discussion with development cycle, what players want etc. Looking at what is beneficial to the game environment on the whole. Then the dev team changed up. Now they had devs and people who were also pretty hardcore players, but their focus was on the game they wanted, not what was on a functional game. Changes and decisions were made that just decimated the player base because they wanted their game without feedback. After a significant decline in players, the interaction started again, and changes were occuring with lots of dialog and it once more became active.
 4 users liked this post.
#150 Posted : Saturday, February 16, 2019 4:44:51 PM(UTC)
communication means exactly nothing if you are not going to act on the feedback you get and so far you are have not

the devs either have a attitude or a ability problem can't say for sure which it is but I am learning toward attitude given what I have heard on streams and in interviews

20 Pages<<45678>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error