This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 8:29:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GeneralGarric69 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BEYOND1972 Go to Quoted Post
Well Forza 7 has so much content out of the box and yet many people refuse to look past it flaws and endlessly complain about the title. Then you've got GT Sport which is super polished but lacking in content (out of the box at least) and it's fans lavish praise on it regardless. So you couldn't blame T10 if they take a similar route with FM8. Plus it's not unusual in the cycle of consoles, for a early title to have much less content that a final 'swan song' game for a console. So I honestly can't see FM8 having a car list like 7s, at least not out the box!

FM7 is much better now than it was on launch and the criticism it received is the major reason why it's improved. A racing game is more than just the number of cars and tracks included.

GT Sport actually got a lot of complaints on launch too (if I remember right, it even got lower reviews from critics and consumers than FM7) and got a heavy price cut fairly quick.

I'm not saying no one shouldn't criticize FM7, but the criticism just seems extreme at times to me.

A racing game is more than just the number of cars and tracks included.

Of course, but FM7s car list is impressive none the less, esp its scope and variety. I'd go as far to say probably the finest ever put together.

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS DRIVATAR CUSTOM LIVERIES IN FREE PLAY
#27 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2019 12:46:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: GeneralGarric69 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BEYOND1972 Go to Quoted Post
Well Forza 7 has so much content out of the box and yet many people refuse to look past it flaws and endlessly complain about the title. Then you've got GT Sport which is super polished but lacking in content (out of the box at least) and it's fans lavish praise on it regardless. So you couldn't blame T10 if they take a similar route with FM8. Plus it's not unusual in the cycle of consoles, for a early title to have much less content that a final 'swan song' game for a console. So I honestly can't see FM8 having a car list like 7s, at least not out the box!

FM7 is much better now than it was on launch and the criticism it received is the major reason why it's improved. A racing game is more than just the number of cars and tracks included.

GT Sport actually got a lot of complaints on launch too (if I remember right, it even got lower reviews from critics and consumers than FM7) and got a heavy price cut fairly quick.

Yup, it quality over quantity. All the terrible sounds and generic feeling of the cars in FM7 make GT Sport seem more amazing than it is. I really hope that FM8 can pull me back to FM. It sucks that they have never addressed to engine sounds and even carried the poor quality into the horizon series. I’m still down to try FM7 if they can address the engine sounds in some updates, but it’s not likely after a 35 page thread with no response.
7 Forzas, 4 VIP/Ultimate editions, 1 refund. Such a shame🤦‍♂️
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error