This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
#26 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 1:46:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Vaporisor Go to Quoted Post
You buy cars cheap because a person cannot sell for more, then immediately repost at your maximum.

This is not true. Anyone can set those Fords to sell for 5M. It doesn't require any status due to the price tag on the car (9 mil).

That's the whole point of original post - you don't need to be able to set high buyout or have any special status to make serious cash off AH.

However, it requires work. What people want is to be able to sell "rare" cars for which others will pay any money for maximum price. So the grudge here is really not about "scam from legendary painters/tuners", it's about inability to join it. Which, come think of it, is also possible, just requires even more work and of different kind.
#27 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:01:09 PM(UTC)
Oh my comment that you quoted was only what happens with the legendary rank complaints, not specifically the ford gt40. But example of what I was referring to was if somebody wanted to fix price and the gt wasnt a barn find, not autoshow car, you could buy them for the 5m basic price, then resell for exponentially higher at no value.

To many, this is considered unfair that their ability to sell a high selling car is capped to a lower price just because they do not do liveries. Without understanding the intent, and seeing the most visible results of it, it makes it a no sense mechanic to them.

It is what I corrected myself for in the post you got that snippet from. Our poster wasnt manipulating markets via the legendary status as I originally thought. He is doing clever and smart forecasting.
#28 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 2:29:41 PM(UTC)
Right, I misunderstood.
#29 Posted : Thursday, February 14, 2019 5:13:10 PM(UTC)
Oh, no worries. It is dialog like this that makes for a constructive discussion
2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error